PDA

View Full Version : Who gets delisted?

Pages : 1 [2]

Mantis
04-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Does anyone know if Barlow will remain on the rookie list next year?

I heard today that he has been cut, but I haven't heard anything out of the club.

Ghost Dog
04-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Does anyone know if Barlow will remain on the rookie list next year?

I heard today that he has been cut, but I haven't heard anything out of the club.

You mean delisted?

stefoid
05-11-2011, 09:56 AM
You mean delisted?

I dont think he meant hurt himself on a sharp edge :D

Ghost Dog
05-11-2011, 11:00 AM
I dont think he meant hurt himself on a sharp edge :D

LoL

Never be afraid to ask a dumb question on Woof. It's a supportive, caring environment where all posters strive to....

I was in shock. I'm a bit of a Barlow fan.

GVGjr
05-11-2011, 11:08 AM
I was in shock. I'm a bit of a Barlow fan.

I wonder if Barlow is disappointed that his efforts last season haven't earned him a spot on the senior list or if GWS has had a chat to him.
He's been around the system since 2007 and might have just thought it's not worth being a rookie again

The Doctor
05-11-2011, 12:47 PM
has there been any confirmation that Barlow is gone or the fate of the other remaining rookies?

G-Mo77
05-11-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm really disappointed about Barlow if that is true. Honestly I wouldn't have been upset if he got a Senior spot let alone kept his rookie position. There are a few lucky names on our list now and I really think Barlow would offer more than them.

Mofra
05-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Is this confirmed about Barlow yet?
Played games under duress - he's very unlucky if he is cut.

Sockeye Salmon
05-11-2011, 05:17 PM
First Hill, now Barlow?

Happy days

Barlow was an A grade spud

Happy Days
05-11-2011, 05:29 PM
First Hill, now Barlow?

Happy days

+1, Barlow sux.

Mantis
05-11-2011, 05:34 PM
First Hill, now Barlow?

Happy days

Yet Mulligan gets retained.

*!*!*!*! me sideways.

Ghost Dog
05-11-2011, 05:45 PM

*!*!*!*! me sideways.

Eloquent commentary there Mantis! :D
Can anyone confirm this?

Sockeye Salmon
05-11-2011, 06:44 PM

*!*!*!*! me sideways.

Can't work that out at all

LostDoggy
10-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I just had a looked at the Bulldog website and B. Stack is no longer on the players list. But Barlow is still on the rookie list?
Can anyone confirm Stack is GAWN

chef
10-11-2011, 06:50 PM
From AFL tweet

Bulldogs. Ins - L Dahlhaus, M Panos. Outs - B Hall, J Hill, B Hudson, S Reid, B Stack, C Ward.

So Panos officially elevated and Stack officially delisted.

I just had a looked at the Bulldog website and B. Stack is no longer on the players list. But Barlow is still on the rookie list?

It's here.

AndrewP6
10-11-2011, 10:12 PM

Barlow is such a rookie, he's on it twice! ;)

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/tabid/8976/season/2011/category/rookie/default.aspx

LostDoggy
10-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Thanks guys.
No more Hill, Stack, Lynch and Harbrow.

bornadog
11-11-2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks guys.
No more Hill, Stack, Lynch and Harbrow.

Why are you just mentioning the indigenous players?

Topdog
11-11-2011, 12:52 PM
possibly because they were a quartet often featured together in news articles and we have now lost them all.

Greystache
11-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Why are you just mentioning the indigenous players?

They were all drafted the same year (Harbrow in the rookie draft)

Throw in Everitt, O'shea, and West, and we dont have a single player left from either of the 2006 drafts. What a shithouse effort from Clayton.

LostDoggy
11-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Throw in Everitt, O'shea, and West, and we dont have a single player left from either of the 2006 drafts. What a shithouse effort from Clayton.

Gavin Hughes and Marty Pask and also Aker

Wow, that'd have to be some sort of draft record, perhaps on two counts.

5 of 10 draftees were indigenous, with 4 of those in the main draft

No player drafted is currently on the list anymore, only five years later.

We'd really only shed a tear for Harbrow out of that lot.

EDIT: Also Andrew McDougall

SlimPickens
11-11-2011, 03:35 PM

Throw in Everitt, O'shea, and West, and we dont have a single player left from either of the 2006 drafts.

Don't be so dramatic grey, on a plus side we do now have Djerrkura who was from the 2006 draft:confused:

Before I Die
12-11-2011, 12:08 AM

You draft on talent and potential. I don't think anyone would dispute this group had talent and potential. A poor draft for us in hindsight, but still understandable at the time. The final epitaphs for the AFL careers of Harbrow, Everitt, Hill and potentially also Stack and Lynch have not yet been written and when they are will be the time to pass judgement on Clayton's foresight. I highly doubt it, but potential may yet bloom into something more for some of the latter quartet.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-11-2011, 01:39 AM
Weren't Stack, Hill and Lynch reaches though? I don't remember them being mentioned too often in the lead up to the draft. At the time, the method was questioned.

As for Everitt, he was touted as a second round pick. I know hindsight is everything, but that's about what his worth is/was.

Passing on both Riewoldt and Frawley cuts pretty deep.

Mantis
12-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Weren't Stack, Hill and Lynch reaches though? I don't remember them being mentioned too often in the lead up to the draft. At the time, the method was questioned.

I can remember listening to that draft on the radio and the expert (Matt Burgan??) hadn't really heard of Hill & Stack and knew of Lynch through the academy, but didn't expect him to be drafted.

jazzadogs
16-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Mulligan is officially retained on the list. Final list lodgement was today, with the Saints (Blake and Dawson) and Bombers (Long) the only clubs to make further changes.

ledge
16-11-2011, 05:55 PM
So do we still have Barlow as a rookie?

Sedat
16-11-2011, 06:02 PM
I can remember listening to that draft on the radio and the expert (Matt Burgan??) hadn't really heard of Hill & Stack and knew of Lynch through the academy, but didn't expect him to be drafted.
That's how I remember it, especially in relation to Everitt being a 2nd rounder up until draft day. There was many a raised eyebrow at the time when he went at pick 11.

To be fair, the Hill selection has produced overs for a pick 61, and we still have a chance to continue to reap something if we can get value out of this year's pick 49. However, the less said about the rest of our selections in '06 the better. Right now and in the next couple of years is when this wipeout is going to bite us on the arse, not to mention our less than stellar effort in '05. And our '07 crop looked a whole lot better 12 months ago than it does now - Wood is the only player left on our list that has improved year on year since he was drafted.

jazzadogs
16-11-2011, 06:19 PM
So do we still have Barlow as a rookie?
Patrick Keane tweeted the retained and upgraded rookies a week or two ago, and there was no mention of Barlow which would strongly suggest that he has been cut.

No confirmation from the club as yet.

stefoid
17-11-2011, 09:19 PM
You draft on talent and potential. I don't think anyone would dispute this group had talent and potential. A poor draft for us in hindsight, but still understandable at the time. The final epitaphs for the AFL careers of Harbrow, Everitt, Hill and potentially also Stack and Lynch have not yet been written and when they are will be the time to pass judgement on Clayton's foresight. I highly doubt it, but potential may yet bloom into something more for some of the latter quartet.

Yeah but. You draft based on certain criteria. Whatever that criteria was for Clayton, it wasnt based on ability to win contests and dispose under pressure. So IMHO, he has stuffed up there - drafting blokes based on the wrong priorities.

G-Mo77
19-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Johannissen the only one retained.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/players/tabid/8976/season/2011/category/rookie/default.aspx

Maddog37
19-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Happy with that. He has pace and skill and improved as the year went on.