PDA

View Full Version : Delists from Other Clubs - Any interest?

bornadog
19-10-2011, 03:51 PM
Clubs are now delisting players as surplus to their needs plus the AFL imposes a mandatory 3 changes to every list. We have the discussion going on Setanta and there is a mixed bag. Some players have announced retirements but may still want to play. Blake from Geelong is only 26 and says he is retired.

Any takers for others that have been delisted from other clubs:

Note - taken from AFL website - so some missing names. I added the ones I knew about.

Adelaide
Lachlan Roach
Chris Schmidt
Jake von Bertouch
James Sellar,
Myke Cook
Will Young
James Craig

Essendon
Taite Silverlock
Tyson Slattery
James Webster

Hawthorn
Rick Ladson,
Jarryd Morton,
Jordan Williams,
Paul Johnson,
Jack Mahony,
Riley Milne,
Sam Menegola

Richmond
Robbie Hicks
Tom Hislop
Nick Westhoff
Ben Nason
Troy Taylor
Pat Contin
Ben Jakobi
Jamie O'Reilly
Mitch Farmer

Brisbane Lions
Matt Austin
Donald Barry
Xavier Clarke
Broc McCauley
Bart McCulloch

Fremantle
Ben Bucovaz
Clayton Hinkley
Joel Houghton
Hamish Shepheard
Justin Bollenhagen,
Casey Sibosado
Clancee Pearce

Melbourne
Adam Maric, rookies Tom McNamara and Cameron Johnston,
Austin Wonaeamerri

St Kilda
Steven Baker*!(ret.)
Robert Eddy

Carlton
Jaryd Cachia
Joe Dare
Wade Twomey
Setanta O'hAilpin

Geelong
M Blake (ret) - only 26 years old??

Rookies delisted - B Johnson and J Weston

North Melbourne
Ed Lower
Brayden Norris
Daniel Pratt
Ben Ross
Matthew Scott
Gavin Urquhart
Marcus White

Sydney Swans
Paul Bevan
Byron Sumner
Daniel Currie
Chris McKaigue
Ben Haren
Max Otten

Collingwood

Leon Davis

Gold Coast
Nathan Ablett
Roland Ah Chee
Michael Coad
Jake Crawford
Marc Lock
Jack Stanlake
Jack Stanley
Joel Tippett

Port Adelaide
Jason Davenport
Callum Hay
Daniel Motlop
Marlon Motlop
Matthew Westhoff

West Coast
Tim Houlihan
Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls
Callum Wilson
Jordan Jones

soupman
19-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Port and North are listed twice.

Not many options there that look appealing tbh, and I'd rather take a chance on a kid who may develop into something more than a gap filler like almost all those players would. O'Hailpin is the exception to that, because he could offer us something none of those other players nor a draftee could.

Desipura
19-10-2011, 03:58 PM
Can you please remove those retired or traded?

bornadog
19-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Port and North are listed twice.

Ok, thanks - done

Can you please remove those retired or traded?

Ok, for traded, but kept a couple of retired as may still play

Greystache
19-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Surely Mark Blake is a lack of football ability related retirement!

O'hAilpin is the only one on that list I'd look at. I might have considered Motlop at minimum wage if we were in a premiership window.

Rocket Science
19-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Gavin Urquhart was a reasonable mainstay off half back for North a couple of seasons back but obviously seems to have been squeezed out.

Don't know much more about his circumstances aside from some recent injury hurdles though. Zippy, solid disposal, good endeavour, just 23, still room for improvement.

Could we use a small defender in the Harbrow-light mold?

bornadog
19-10-2011, 04:37 PM
What about Callum Wilson from the Eagles:

" In his seven games, Wilson kicked 13 goals, with eye-catching hauls of 3.4 against Geelong and 4.3 against North Melbourne in the last two games of 2010 – which proved to be his last games at the club.

Still only 22 years old.

ledge
19-10-2011, 04:59 PM
What about Callum Wilson from the Eagles:

" In his seven games, Wilson kicked 13 goals, with eye-catching hauls of 3.4 against Geelong and 4.3 against North Melbourne in the last two games of 2010 – which proved to be his last games at the club.

Still only 22 years old.

Wonder wht he was delisted and not traded if he is any good.

LostDoggy
19-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Wouldn't mind if we picked up Gavin urquhart as I can envisage him one day becoming a damaging half back with his raking kick!

bornadog
19-10-2011, 05:03 PM

I think Eagles have lots of options up forward and couldn't crack a game. Having said that I don't remember seeing him.

Flamethrower
19-10-2011, 05:12 PM

The other clubs aren't stupid. Often these players are put up for trade by their clubs in the hope that they can get draft picks in return, knowing that if there are no takers the players will be delisted.

The other clubs know this so they take the chance that the player will be available for the preseason, national and/or mature rookie draft, allowing them to retain their draft picks.

chef
19-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I thought Broc McCauley looked alright in the pre season and would be worth a shot on the rookie list.

Mitcha
19-10-2011, 05:21 PM
I thought Broc McCauley looked alright in the pre season and would be worth a shot on the rookie list.

Sorry Chef, couldn't have him.
Ben Ross from North as a mature age rookie would be the only one that I would be half keen on.

Go_Dogs
19-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Will Young has played some good roles this year for Norwood and is young (pardon the pun) enough to find another home.

Sockeye Salmon
19-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Sydney have delisted Daniel Currie.

He'll get a gig somewhere else you would think. I'd rather Currie to O'Halpin

Go_Dogs
19-10-2011, 08:18 PM

I agree, thought he went OK pre-season, must not have kicked on over the year to be delisted and Brisbane didn't have many ruck options in the wings.

anfo27
19-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I think Ben Ross & Gavin Urquhart are worth a look at a rookie spot. I know Ross has had injury issues but don't know why Urquhart has struggled for a game cause he has the talent. Must be a work ethic or attitude problem.
What about James Sellar? was a first round pick not long ago and still young enough, maybe a rookie spot as that back up ruckman. To be honest i haven't seen much of him at all so would like to hear what some of the SA woofers think of this kid.

westdog54
19-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Will Young has played some good roles this year for Norwood and is young (pardon the pun) enough to find another home.

All I remember of Will Young is him giving Harry O a bath last year and Matthew Lloyd awarding him the TV for BOG.

Bulldog4life
20-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Gavin Urquhart was a reasonable mainstay off half back for North a couple of seasons back but obviously seems to have been squeezed out.

Don't know much more about his circumstances aside from some recent injury hurdles though. Zippy, solid disposal, good endeavour, just 23, still room for improvement.

Could we use a small defender in the Harbrow-light mold?

If we were to go after Urquhart at least he would be cheap.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/roos-to-foot-urquhart-bill-20111019-1m842.html

Hotdog60
20-10-2011, 09:07 AM
If we were to go after Urquhart at least he would be cheap.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/roos-to-foot-urquhart-bill-20111019-1m842.html

Sounds like his head isn't at the Roos, maybe a GWS target. Or he may get taken by the Suns being a local product.

The Underdog
20-10-2011, 09:22 AM
On the face of it, Urqhuart is the interesting one, but the fact that they delisted him while under contract is interesting, although I guess if you re-rookie him it doesn't make much difference.
I like Nason's mongrel but we've probably seen everything he can do and I doubt he'll get much better.

LostDoggy
20-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Melbourne delist Adaam Maric, Tom McNamara, Cam Johnston & Robbie Campbell retires from AFL football

Sydney have delisted Paul Bevan, Daniel Currie, Chris McKaigue, Campbell Heath, Byron Sumner, Max Otten and Ben Haren

Mofra
20-10-2011, 09:36 AM
I think Eagles have lots of options up forward and couldn't crack a game. Having said that I don't remember seeing him.
Was linked to us in the trade period but I don't think we were interested.

bulldogsman
20-10-2011, 11:13 AM
I like Byron Sumner, he's a good replacement for Harbrow. However I think he's had some off field issues so not to sure.

bornadog
20-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Sydney delists added:

Paul Bevan, after 9 years
Campbell Heath, who played two senior games in 2010,
Byron Sumner, who played one senior game in 2011 and ruckman Daniel Currie.

Plus some rookies

Chris McKaigue
Ben Haren
Max Otten

GVGjr
20-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Any interest in James Sellar as a rookie? I doubt he would go interstate for a rookie spot anyway but if his attitude is right he might be worth having a chat to.

bulldogtragic
20-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Any interest in James Sellar as a rookie? I doubt he would go interstate for a rookie spot anyway but if his attitude is right he might be worth having a chat to.
Remember the BF experts calling for Clayton's head when we took Higgins instead of Sellar....

GVGjr
20-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Remember the BF experts calling for Clayton's head when we took Higgins instead of Sellar....

He hasn't amounted to much at the Crows but he was a good junior footballer. He's probably not strong enough as either a key forward or a ruckman.

hujsh
20-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Remember the BF experts calling for Clayton's head when we took Everitt instead of Sellar....

Corrected.

Looking at that draft we really screwed up not taking Frawley or Riewoldt.

LostDoggy
20-10-2011, 03:07 PM
He hasn't amounted to much at the Crows but he was a good junior footballer. He's probably not strong enough as either a key forward or a ruckman.

He's strong enough alright, his issue is he is lumbering and slow and will never make an AFL player.

bulldogtragic
20-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Corrected.

Looking at that draft we really screwed up not taking Frawley or Riewoldt.
Good pick up. Another joker up Clatyon's sleeve, Andrejs.

Greystache
20-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Good to see the outcry from Swans supporters about Andrejs Everitt being retained, the words soft and lazy regularly come up!

bornadog
20-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Hawthorn delist Rick Ladson, Jarryd Morton, Jordan Williams, Paul Johnson, Jack Mahony, Riley Milne, Sam Menegola

Sockeye Salmon
20-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Hawthorn delist Rick Ladson, Jarryd Morton, Jordan Williams, Paul Johnson, Jack Mahony, Riley Milne, Sam Menegola

Move along, nothing to see here.

JohnGentStand
20-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Chris Schmitt ?? Any takers ??

Remi Moses
20-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Chris Schmitt ?? Any takers ??

He's what Brisbane took for Akermanis

LostDoggy
21-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Good to see the outcry from Swans supporters about Andrejs Everitt being retained, the words soft and lazy regularly come up!

What are they going to do? Assuming he at least had a two-three year contract it'd be a reasonable whack out of the salary cap to just throw him away. Having said that, good to see a recycled player turn sour for them.

Greystache
21-10-2011, 11:49 AM
What are they going to do? Assuming he at least had a two-three year contract it'd be a reasonable whack out of the salary cap to just throw him away. Having said that, good to see a recycled player turn sour for them.

That's right, he was never going to be delisted, but it's good to see that nothing has changed, and the outcry from Bulldogs supporters that he wasnt given a chance is rubbish.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-10-2011, 03:01 PM
I think if anything, we'll win out of that deal. Everitt will never be at AFL standard for reasons that have been talked about for 3-4 years.

Veszpremi has the talent to be a good player - no doubt about that. Big question mark on his fitness issues though and, I suppose, the 'hunger' to play AFL footy.

All in all, I am happy with that trade 12 months later and I really think Veszpremi can offer us a fair bit moving forward.

LostDoggy
24-10-2011, 08:58 AM
With a week to go still Us, Geelong and Collingwood yet to delist anyone.

LostDoggy
24-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Ryan Gamble anyone?

I would have said yes last year....struggling to get a spot in Geelong but on Saints list for 1 year and gone already?

Greystache
24-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Ryan Gamble anyone?

I believe The Coon Dog is a big fan.

If I remember correctly he had to speak to an official at a VFL game last year to ask Gamble to stop swearing at the children!

Remi Moses
24-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Ryan Gamble anyone?

I would have said yes last year....struggling to get a spot in Geelong but on Saints list for 1 year and gone already?

God Noooooooo!

The Coon Dog
24-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I believe The Coon Dog is a big fan.

If I remember correctly he had to speak to an official at a VFL game last year to ask Gamble to stop swearing at the children!

Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Greystache
24-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Must have been someone else telling me.

He was playing in the forward line for Geelong in the VFL last year, some kids were giving him some stick, and he apparently unleashed a 20 minute barrage of profanities so strong it prompted a couple of supporters to speak to an official to complain about his behaviour. A class act is Ryan.

The Coon Dog
24-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Must have been someone else telling me.

He was playing in the forward line for Geelong in the VFL last year, some kids were giving him some stick, and he apparently unleashed a 20 minute barrage of profanities so strong it prompted a couple of supporters to speak to an official to complain about his behaviour. A class act is Ryan.

Saw that happen a couple of years back with Beau Muston for Box Hill at Willy, but it was never reported to an official.

LostDoggy
24-10-2011, 09:32 PM
There must be a story with Urquhart.

The guy can play -- are they going to rookie him or something? That or I smell a two-striker.

GVGjr
24-10-2011, 10:41 PM
There must be a story with Urquhart.

The guy can play -- are they going to rookie him or something?

I'm not as suspicious as you are are but we should be asking why would North be willing to pick up the tab for another club especially when the player is clearly good enough to be in their side?

EasternWest
25-10-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm not as suspicious as you are are but we should be asking why would North be willing to pick up the tab for another club especially when the player is clearly good enough to be in their side?

I spoke to a friend of mine who is quite involved with North.

Says Urqhart is a talented kid but lazy as all get out. He also said Ben Ross is a great kid and should get selcted, but I'm not sure he's the right fit for us.

G-Mo77
25-10-2011, 09:14 AM

Says Urqhart is a talented kid but lazy as all get out. He also said Ben Ross is a great kid and should get selcted, but I'm not sure he's the right fit for us.

That's a worry especially because it would be bloody hard to be lazy around a Scott. We have a few rumored to be in that mold already maybe it would be best to step aside and let him go elsewhere.

Mofra
25-10-2011, 09:34 AM

The same thing I heard - after getting rid of Hill, we'd be sending the wrong message to the group by taking Urqhart.

Throughandthrough
25-10-2011, 10:16 AM
Ryan Gamble anyone?

Presumably Salary Cap dramas. PS he's actually a great guy.

BulldogBelle
26-10-2011, 09:06 AM
He is only listed at 184cms - for some reason I thought he was taller

Wonder if McCartney rates him from his time with him at Geelong?

We need immense forward pressure, speed and crumbing ability in our F50, and I'm not sure he brings that to the table

Not worth the gamble

bornadog
26-10-2011, 05:41 PM
FREMANTLE has continued its list clean-out, with Justin Bollenhagen, Casey Sibosado and Clancee Pearce all delisted by the club.

Go_Dogs
26-10-2011, 08:30 PM
FREMANTLE has continued its list clean-out, with Justin Bollenhagen, Casey Sibosado and Clancee Pearce all delisted by the club.

Bit surprised by Sibosado. Thought he was OK against us, which was his only AFL game.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Bit surprised by Sibosado. Thought he was OK against us, which was his only AFL game.

Thought he looked pretty good too. I'd definitely ask the question.

A little surprised Pearce has been chopped. Not that I pay a lot of attention to Freo, but he seemed to be a decent role player.

bornadog
26-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Thought he looked pretty good too. I'd definitely ask the question.

A little surprised Pearce has been chopped. Not that I pay a lot of attention to Freo, but he seemed to be a decent role player.

He may be re-rookied by Freo. He has decided to take a punt and keep training

Desipura
27-10-2011, 08:46 AM
I believe we showed some interest in him the year he was drafted.

bornadog
31-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Austin Wonaeamerri has been delisted and Leon Davis has quit Collingwood, officially.

bornadog
31-10-2011, 05:01 PM
CLUB BY CLUB LISTS

ADELAIDE

ADDITIONS
Luke Brown - Traded by GWS Giants as Player Previously Nominated for the Draft
Josh Jenkins - Traded from Essendon rookie list
Lewis Johnston - Traded from the Sydney Swans
Thomas Lynch - Traded from St Kilda
Aiden Riley - Elevated Rookie
Matthew Wright - Elevated Rookie
Note - *Brad Crouch - Trade Incentive Selection, GWS List Establishment Rules (2012 list lodgement)

DELETIONS
Tony Armstrong - Traded to the Sydney Swans
James Craig - Delisted
Myke Cook - Delisted
Phil Davis - GWS Uncontracted Player
Jack Gunston - Traded to Hawthorn
Ivan Maric - Traded to Richmond
Brad Moran - Retired
James Sellar - Delisted
Scott Stevens - Retired
Will Young - Delisted

BRISBANE LIONS

ADDITIONS
Mitch Golby - Elevated Rookie
Ben Hudson - Traded from the Western Bulldogs
Jordan Lisle - Traded from Hawthorn
Dayne Zorko - Traded from the Gold Coast Suns as a Queensland Zone Selection

DELETIONS
Matt Austin - Delisted
Jamie Charman - Retired
Mitch Clark - Traded to Melbourne
Xavier Clarke - Delisted
Tom Collier - Delisted
Brendan Fevola - Delisted
Luke Power - Traded to the GWS Giants

CARLTON

ADDITIONS
Dylan Buckley - Father / Son Selection

DELETIONS
Mark Austin - Delisted
Ryan Houlihan - Retired
Setanta O’Hailpin - Delisted

COLLINGWOOD

ADDITIONS
Martin Clarke - Traded from the GWS Giants as a player previously listed
Jamie Elliott - Traded from the GWS Giants as a player previously nominated for the Draft
Jarrord Witts - NSW Scholarship
Peter Yagmoor - Traded from the Gold Coast Suns as a Queensland Zone selection

DELETIONS
Leigh Brown - Retired
Leon Davis - Retired
Brad Dick - Delisted
Daniel Farmer - Delisted
John McCarthy - Delisted
Trent Stubbs - Delisted

ESSENDON

ADDITIONS
Stewart Crameri - Elevated Rookie

DELETIONS
Darcy Daniher - Retired
Andrew Welsh - Retired
Mark Williams - Retired

FREMANTLE

ADDITIONS
Nick Lower - Elevated Rookie

DELETIONS
Justin Bollenhagen - Delisted
Roger Hayden - Retired
Clayton Hinkley - Delisted
Joel Houghton - Delisted
Rhys Palmer - GWS Uncontracted Player
Byron Schammer - Retired

GEELONG

ADDITIONS
Jed Bews - Father / Son Selection

DELETIONS
Mark Blake - Retired
Marcus Drum - Retired
Cameron Ling - Retired
Darren Milburn - Retired
Cameron Mooney - Retired
Brad Ottens - Retired

GOLD COAST

ADDITIONS
Jackson Allen - Zone Selection
Alik Magin - Elevated Rookie
Alex Sexton - Zone Selection
Matthew Warnock - Traded from Melbourne
Note - *Jaeger O’Meara - Trade Incentive Selection, GWS List Establishment Rules (2012 list lodgement)

DELETIONS
Nathan Ablett - Delisted
Michael Coad - Delisted
Joseph Daye - Delisted
Daniel Harris - Retired
Alex Keath - Delisted
Marc Lock - Delisted
Jack Stanlake - Delisted

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY

ADDITIONS
Kurt Aylett - Zone Selection
Dean Brogan - Traded from Port Adelaide
Josh Bruce - Zone Selection
Tomas Bugg - 17 Year-Old Selection
Jeremy Cameron - 17 Year-Old Selection
Stephen Clifton - Elevated Rookie
Chad Cornes - Traded from Port Adelaide
Sam Darley - 17 Year-Old Selection
Phil Davis - Uncontracted Player Selection from Adelaide Crows
Shaun Edwards - Zone Selection
Jonathan Giles - Elevated Rookie
Tim Golds - 17 Year-Old Selection
Joshua Growden - 17 Year-Old Selection
Curtly Hampton - Zone Selection
Jack Hombsch - 17 Year-Old Selection
Adam Kennedy - Taken as a Player Previously Nominated for the Draft, under List Establishment Rules
Anthony Miles - Zone Selection
Tim Mohr - Taken as a Player Previously Nominated for the Draft, under List Establishment Rules
Rhys Palmer - Uncontracted Player Selection from Fremantle
Luke Power - Traded from Brisbane Lions
Sam Reid - Uncontracted Player Selection from Western Bulldogs
Sam Schulz - Zone Selection
Tom Scully - Uncontracted Player Selection from Melbourne
Dylan Shiel - 17 Year-Old Selection
Jacob Townsend - Zone Selection
Adam Treloar - 17 Year-Old Selection
Gerard Ugle - 17 Year-Old Selection
Callan Ward - Uncontracted Player Selection from Western Bulldogs
Mark Whiley - Zone Selection
Nathan Wilson - 17 Year-Old Selection

HAWTHORN

ADDITIONS
Jarrad Boumann - Traded from the GWS Giants, as a player previously listed
Luke Breust - Elevated Rookie
Jack Gunston - Traded from the Adelaide Crows

DELETIONS
Rick Ladson - Delisted
Jordan Lisle - Traded to the Brisbane Lions
Jarryd Morton - Delisted
Brent Renouf - Traded to Port Adelaide
Jordan Williams - Delisted

MELBOURNE

ADDITIONS
Mitch Clark - Traded from the Brisbane Lions

DELETIONS
Addam Maric - Delisted
Tom Scully - GWS Uncontracted Player
Matthew Warnock - Traded to the Gold Coast Suns
Austin Wonaeamirri - Delisted

NORTH MELBOURNE

ADDITIONS
Luke Delaney - Elevated Rookie
Cameron Pederson - Elevated Rookie
Will Sierakowski - Traded from the Hawthorn Rookie List

DELETIONS
Ed Lower - Delisted
Brayden Norris - Delisted
Daniel Pratt - Delisted
Brady Rawlings - Retired
Ben Ross - Delisted
Gavin Urquhart - Delisted

PORT ADELAIDE

ADDITIONS
Brad Ebert - Traded from West Coast
Brent Renouf - Traded from Hawthorn

DELETIONS
Dean Brogan - Traded to GWS Giants
Chad Cornes - Traded to GWS Giants
Jason Davenport - Delisted
Danny Meyer - Retired
Daniel Motlop - Delisted
Marlon Motlop - Delisted
Michael Pettigrew - Retired

RICHMOND

ADDITIONS
Ivan Maric - Traded from the Adelaide Crows
Steven Morris - Traded from the GWS Giants, as a player previously nominated for the Draft

DELETIONS
Mtich Farmer - Delisted
Mitch Morton - Traded to the Sydney Swans
Ben Nason - Delisted
Troy Taylor - Delisted
Will Thursfield - Retired

ST KILDA

ADDITIONS
Terry Milera - Traded by the GWS Giants, as a player previously nominated for the Draft
Ahmed Saad - Traded by the GWS Giants, as a player previously nominated for the Draft

DELETIONS
Steven Baker - Delisted
Paul Cahill - Delisted
Ryan Gamble - Delisted
Michael Gardiner - Retired
Nick Heyne - Delisted
Will Johnson - Delisted
Tom Lynch - Traded to the Adelaide Crows
Andrew McQualter - Delisted
Alistair Smith - Delisted

SYDNEY SWANS

ADDITIONS
Tony Armstrong - Traded from the Adelaide Crows
Nathan Gordon - Elevated Rookie
Tom Mitchell - Father / Son Selection
Mitch Morton - Traded from Richmond
Tommy Walsh - Traded from St Kilda Rookie List

DELETIONS
Paul Bevan - Delisted
Craig Bolton - Retired
Daniel Bradshaw - Retired
Daniel Currie - Delisted
Campbell Heath - Delisted
Lewis Johnston - Traded to the Adelaide Crows
Tadhg Kennelly - Retired
Byron Sumner - Delisted

WEST COAST

ADDITIONS
Ashton Hams - Elevated Rookie
Josh Hill - Traded from the Western Bulldogs

DELETIONS
Brad Ebert - Traded to Port Adelaide
Brett Jones - Retired
Jordan Jones - Delisted
Callum Wilson - Delisted

WESTERN BULLDOGS

ADDITIONS
Luke Dahlhaus - Elevated Rookie
Matthew Panos - Elevated Rookie

DELETIONS
Barry Hall - Retired
Josh Hill - Traded to West Coast
Ben Hudson - Traded to the Brisbane Lions
Sam Reid - GWS Uncontracted Player
Brennan Stack - Delisted
Callan Ward - GWS Uncontracted Player

LostDoggy
31-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Tom Collier from Brisbane?

Potential rookie spot. He seems to monster his listed height/weight of 192cm / 86kg when i've seen him.

Anyone know anything about him off the field?

lemmon
31-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Ben Ross would be the only one of interest for me, quick and uses the pill well. Always showed glimpses of being capable at AFL level from what I've seen and is far too good for VFL level. Dogged by injuries but the potential is there.

Ghost Dog
31-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Would it be worth exploring any Cats players who have retired. This is considering the cats connection with the new coach.
Bris have done it with Huddo.
Any takers for Cameron Mooney, Darren Milburn, Cameron Ling, Marcus Drum and Mark Blake?

azabob
31-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Would it be worth exploring any Cats players who have retired. This is considering the cats connection with the new coach.
Any takers for Cameron Mooney, Darren Milburn, Cameron Ling, Marcus Drum and Mark Blake?

The only one you'd slightly consider is Cameron Mooney. Not sure how his body is. Apparently his leadership around the club even when he was out of the side was extremely impressive. Hearing him speak about Tom Hawkins during the finals series, you could just hear how proud he was of him.

What was even more impressive was that Hawkins was the player keeping Mooney out of the team.

GVGjr
31-10-2011, 07:00 PM

No, not at all. We are going through a different phase than Brisbane and we don't need a player for just a season.

Ghost Dog
31-10-2011, 07:04 PM
No, not at all. We are going through a different phase than Brisbane and we don't need a player for just a season.

We take Mooney for next to nothing. He revs up the youngsters, shows leadership, adds some aggression, steps up in the forward line to replace Barry when needed, otherwise, makes way for the kids. Can't see any of that hurting our development. Throw in 40 odd goals for little or no cost, worth a thought.

Possible downsides?

GVGjr
31-10-2011, 07:08 PM
We take Mooney for next to nothing. He revs up the youngsters, shows leadership, adds some aggression, steps up in the forward line to replace Barry when needed, otherwise, makes way for the kids. Can't see any of that hurting our development.

One year isn't going to help us though and we should already have the right sort of leaders to do the revving up anyway. He might provide some assistance to Jones and Grant but I'd prefer to get someone capable of giving us more than just one season.

chef
31-10-2011, 07:17 PM
We take Mooney for next to nothing. He revs up the youngsters, shows leadership, adds some aggression, steps up in the forward line to replace Barry when needed, otherwise, makes way for the kids. Can't see any of that hurting our development. Throw in 40 odd goals for little or no cost, worth a thought.

Possible downsides?

He takes games off Panos, Cordy, Grant, Roughead etc.

Ghost Dog
31-10-2011, 07:26 PM
He takes games off Panos, Cordy, Grant, Roughead etc.

Fair enough. He seems like a bit of a bogan anyway and has a serious dose of Yips.
Still, Barry's shoes are going to be tough to fill. Good challenge. What is Big bazza up to anyway, any news?

AndrewP6
31-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Fair enough. He seems like a bit of a bogan anyway and has a serious dose of Yips.
Still, Barry's shoes are going to be tough to fill. Good challenge. What is Big bazza up to anyway, any news?

Rumour went round last week that he was going to play with Deer Park :eek: But haven't heard anything since. Gets hitched in November, I believe.

Dancin' Douggy
31-10-2011, 09:15 PM
I don't really know but Adam Maric from Melbourne?
Sort of reminded me of Steve Kolyniuk, who I loved.

I remember towards the end of his career he developed a unique style of celebrating goals.

I called it the 'shark eye'.

Like a great white shark with that big black expressionless, emotionless eye.

He just went into shut down and went back to his position.

He may have baulked three guys and snapped a banana from the boundary 35 metres out and he gave the same dead shark eye response.

Tough as as well.

Perhaps a forgotten gem in bulldog history.

1eyedog
31-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Sort of reminded me of Steve Kolyniuk, who I loved.

I remember towards the end of his career he developed a unique style of celebrating goals.

I called it the 'shark eye'.

Like a great white shark with that big black expressionless, emotionless eye.

He just went into shut down and went back to his position.

He may have baulked three guys and snapped a banana from the boundary 35 metres out and he gave the same dead shark eye response.

Tough as as well.

Perhaps a forgotten gem in bulldog history.

Will never be forgotten. Fantastic player.

The Doctor
31-10-2011, 11:09 PM

He would be a good get.

Don't think we have seen the best of him yet. Not sure why it hasn't worked for him at Melbourne but I think a club will get a good player with him.

macca
03-11-2011, 02:55 AM
John McCarthy delisted by Collingwood cant fit into their salary cap. If we get him, we would have 3 big Macs!

The Coon Dog
03-11-2011, 07:59 AM
John McCarthy delisted by Collingwood cant fit into their salary cap. If we get him, we would have 3 big Macs!

I wouldn't go near him. I understand there are some very serious off field issues involved.

Mofra
03-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Adam maric is worth considering, and I'd hope we talk to Ben Casley who is off the GWS rookie list and currently training with St Kilda (the Crows have also spoken to him, we haven't as yet).

BulldogBelle
10-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Adam maric is worth considering, and I'd hope we talk to Ben Casley who is off the GWS rookie list and currently training with St Kilda (the Crows have also spoken to him, we haven't as yet).

Addam Maric is training with Richmond - with his much taller and older brother (I'm assuming they are brothers)

Would be happy if we selected him in the PSD or with pick 80 that we received from the Lions

Given we dont have BBB anymore, goals are going to have to come from somewhere - and our forward line will again become a lot more unpredictable

Having him in our forward line would allow players like Dahlhaus, Veszpremi, Sherman and Gia to be rotated through the midfield

bornadog
10-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Zac Dawson has walked from the Saints.

SlimPickens
10-11-2011, 01:14 PM

Into the open arms of Rossy Lyon, couldn't imagine anyone else wanting him.

bornadog
10-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Into the open arms of Rossy Lyon, couldn't imagine anyone else wanting him.

He thinks he is worth more than he is.

The Coon Dog
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM

So I guess he puts a figure on his head he hopes will scare off all other clubs & nominates for the National Draft in the hope of getting to Fremantle. Funny if GWS swooped! I mean, its not like he's going to nominate a figure that would be a deterrent to GWS.

Greystache
10-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Something of interest also came out of St Kilda today. They have delisted Jason Blake who's on their veteran's list in the view due redrafting him onto their primary list and thus opening a spot up on their veterans list for a more highly paid player. Interesting you can do that, I wonder if we thought about being that creative to get Gilbee or Hargrave off and put Lake on.

BulldogBelle
10-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Something of interest also came out of St Kilda today. They have delisted Jason Blake who's on their veteran's list in the view due redrafting him onto their primary list and thus opening a spot up on their veterans list for a more highly paid player. Interesting you can do that, I wonder if we thought about being that creative to get Gilbee or Hargrave off and put Lake on.

If thats true then Pelchen has certainly done his research

SlimPickens
10-11-2011, 04:02 PM
He thinks he is worth more than he is.

That is because he is a potato!!!

SlimPickens
10-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Very interesting, i would hope Fantasia would be across this and looked at the option of putting Lake on the veterans list.

On a side would Riewoldt be considered a veteran? The only other i could think of would be Hayes, but assumed he would already be on their vets list.

lemmon
10-11-2011, 04:21 PM

What's to stop GWS swooping?

SlimPickens
10-11-2011, 04:23 PM
What's to stop GWS swooping?

I guess St Kilda wouldn't be worried about losing Jason Blake. I'd say we would be the same about Gilbee.

Greystache
10-11-2011, 04:26 PM
I guess St Kilda wouldn't be worried about losing Jason Blake. I'd say we would be the same about Gilbee.

Correct, I think in either case it could be a win for the club to lose the player given their respective list positions.

Remi Moses
10-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Would have kept Dawson over Raph Clarke.

Happy Days
10-11-2011, 09:57 PM
Would have kept Dawson over Raph Clarke.

They're both useless, but I think that Zac realised that with Saints Footy not necessarily being the mantra next year, he might not have a whole system built around making up for the scrub-ness of guys like him.

Scraggers
15-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Mark Austin from Carlton has been granted permission to train with the Western Bulldogs ... I don't know much about him ... Can anyone fill me in ??

divvydan
15-11-2011, 11:44 AM
Mark Austin from Carlton has been granted permission to train with the Western Bulldogs ... I don't know much about him ... Can anyone fill me in ??

He's something of a KPD/third tall. Has the size statistically to be a KPD but never really played tall. Struggled to get a game with Carlton even though they weren't going that well for tall defenders. Not particularly quick, never really showed an ability to run off his man either but does use the ball reasonably well once he has it.

Supposedly had a number of injuries and lack of preseasons, I remember he broke his hand once over the offseason.

ledge
15-11-2011, 12:02 PM

Rod Austins son?

Desipura
15-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Rod Austins son?

no he is not, he can kick remember? hehe

LostDoggy
15-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Geez someone needs a hobby. Permission to train is already on Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Austin_(footballer)