PDA

View Full Version : Colin Sylvia car crash

ledge
23-10-2011, 07:11 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/melbourne-footy-star-colin-sylvia-questioned-over-south-melbourne-crash/story-e6frf7jo-1226174405534

Bit of a wierd one here he was a passenger apparently so I am not sure on why he would be kicked out of anything.

GVGjr
23-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Regardless that he was a passenger it was his car in the accident so he should have stayed with the car and the driver.

westdog54
23-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Regardless that he was a passenger it was his car in the accident so he should have stayed with the car and the driver.

The law says otherwise. If details have been exchanged there's no need for him to remain with the vehicle.

For me the wierd thing was that there was a prang on Kings Way where a Power Pole was brought down and Police didn't get the job for an hour.

ledge
23-10-2011, 09:54 PM
The law says otherwise. If details have been exchanged there's no need for him to remain with the vehicle.

For me the wierd thing was that there was a prang on Kings Way where a Power Pole was brought down and Police didn't get the job for an hour.

With a power pole?:D

ledge
23-10-2011, 09:59 PM
My son was in an accident and cops said they had to be called because someone was injured and he would be charged.
If no one was injured going by that whats problem.
Anyway i admit that was a strange comment i thought by coppers, but then again cops arent called for other accidents so I am not sure where the line is drawn.

GVGjr
23-10-2011, 10:31 PM

I'm not talking about the legal aspect but he's had behavioral problems before so he should have stayed until the car was towed away. The fact that he left doesn't paint him in a good light.

Who just leaves their BMW after it's been in an accident?

westdog54
23-10-2011, 11:29 PM
With a power pole?:D

In that instance the onus is on the driver to report the collision to the nearest Police Station as soon as practicable. If they've waited for a tow it sounds reasonable to me.

As far as 'interviewing' Sylvia goes, I would assume that as a passenger in a single car collision that they would have obtained a statement from him.

Throughandthrough
23-10-2011, 11:33 PM
What did Sylvia's Mother say?

Scraggers
24-10-2011, 01:37 AM

Said Sylvia's busy, to busy to come to the phone.

bornadog
24-10-2011, 10:59 AM

UPrixYOTNHw

Maddog37
24-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Comedy gold.

westdog54
24-10-2011, 10:09 PM

Shame they didn't 'Walk right in' to the Police Station.:D

westdog54
24-10-2011, 10:10 PM
In that instance the onus is on the driver to report the collision to the nearest Police Station as soon as practicable. If they've waited for a tow it sounds reasonable to me.

As far as 'interviewing' Sylvia goes, I would assume that as a passenger in a single car collision that they would have obtained a statement from him.

On further examination it would appear that they've both left the scene.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the 'driver' is taking the fall for someone else...

The Coon Dog
24-10-2011, 11:12 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that the 'driver' is taking the fall for someone else...

If they've left the scene after an accident (one would assume to avoid a breath test) & caused $70,000 damage to cars that were struck, does the insurance company have to pay out or can they say we're not paying as there was a criminal act committed? Could be expensive for the driver.

westdog54
24-10-2011, 11:17 PM
If they've left the scene after an accident (one would assume to avoid a breath test) & caused $70,000 damage to cars that were struck, does the insurance company have to pay out or can they say we're not paying as there was a criminal act committed? Could be expensive for the driver.

Depends on the policy, but generally speaking most insurance companies will pay out unless there's alcohol or drugs involved, or the driver is unlicensed. The 'criminal act' essentially has to be comitted in the course of the drving itself, unless the Policy specifies otherwise.

bornadog
24-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Sylvia was allegedly drinking and won't be playing in the International rules series.

Sockeye Salmon
24-10-2011, 11:53 PM

CCTV apparently shows that Sylvia was not driving.

If you're not driving your own car at 6am its because you're pissed.

westdog54
25-10-2011, 12:22 AM
CCTV apparently shows that Sylvia was not driving.

If you're not driving your own car at 6am its because you're pissed.

If its confirmed he's not the driver, well and good.

Even better if he made the call not to drive.

Just didn't think enough to wait around for the van.

Sockeye Salmon
25-10-2011, 01:55 AM
If its confirmed he's not the driver, well and good.

Even better if he made the call not to drive.

Just didn't think enough to wait around for the van.

There's always the Cousins option. Maybe the drink wasn't the problem?

westdog54
26-10-2011, 12:48 AM
There's always the Cousins option. Maybe the drink wasn't the problem?

Either way, wasn't driving. Made at least one good decision.

Plenty of bad ones, one good one.

bornadog
26-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Either way, wasn't driving. Made at least one good decision.

Plenty of bad ones, one good one.

Drinking the week he is to represent his country wasn't smart either.

Swoop
26-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Drinking the week he is to represent his country wasn't smart either.
Who cares? Historically the whole tour has been a glorified booze up and I'm sure he isn't the only player to have had a drink in the week leading up to the irish games.

Is there a no alcohol policy on all players participating? If not, than this is not even an issue.

bornadog
26-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Who cares? Historically the whole tour has been a glorified booze up and I'm sure he isn't the only player to have had a drink in the week leading up to the irish games.

Is there a no alcohol policy on all players participating? If not, than this is not even an issue.

yes and that is why he got kicked off the squad

LostDoggy
26-10-2011, 04:57 PM
yes and that is why he got kicked off the squad

Is that just a general team-rules thing or because of the historical issues with the Irish games?

bornadog
28-10-2018, 11:43 PM
RIP - car crash

ledge
28-10-2018, 11:46 PM
Just heard sad news

bulldogtragic
28-10-2018, 11:49 PM
A scary accurate pre-existing thread title.

Sad turn of events.

bornadog
28-10-2018, 11:51 PM
A scary accurate pre-existing thread title.

Sad turn of events.

Yeah, I Searched Colin - as I had in my mind we had discussed him before, and this came up

Ghost Dog
29-10-2018, 01:41 AM
I'm not talking about the legal aspect but he's had behavioral problems before so he should have stayed until the car was towed away. The fact that he left doesn't paint him in a good light.

Who just leaves their BMW after it's been in an accident?

Someone with deep pockets....

Twodogs
29-10-2018, 07:30 PM
Terrible shame and just as his life seemed to be coming together.

Eastdog
29-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Very sad to hear. Way too young.