PDA

View Full Version : Nic Nat's Dunk

westdog54
05-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Seriously, this boy is a dead set freak of nature.

I'll bet Worsfold couldn't believe his luck when the Demons took Watts.

URYu9qCmw-w

Ghost Dog
05-03-2012, 11:45 PM
He's such a shy guy. Ran off straight after!

LostDoggy
06-03-2012, 12:01 PM
All Star Weekend Dunk Contest!

Did it so easily too.

Scraggers
06-03-2012, 01:35 PM
Through a few contacts I have over here, he was apparently approached by Perth Wildcats after this exhibition, and he said come and see me in a couple of years ... This is fourth hand info ... Take it for what it is; gossip. ;)

LostDoggy
06-03-2012, 03:24 PM
I wonder what Worsfold thought of it?

chef
06-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Pretty basic dunk which dozens of AFL players could make. Whats the big deal?

SlimPickens
06-03-2012, 06:21 PM

Agree, don't understand how a league ruckman who is what 200cm tall is getting so much air play for this. Now if it was Andrew Hooper i'd be impressed.

Maddog37
06-03-2012, 06:25 PM
Pretty "meh" for me too.

chef
06-03-2012, 06:27 PM
Agree, don't understand how a league ruckman who is what 200cm tall is getting so much air play for this. Now if it was Andrew Hooper i'd be impressed.

Spud Webb's dunks will always be my favourites.

AndrewP6
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM

THe fact he did it jumping over the court announcer makes it more impressive.

chef
06-03-2012, 07:59 PM
THe fact he did it jumping over the court announcer makes it more impressive.

Really?

All he had to do was part his legs.

westdog54
06-03-2012, 08:10 PM

There is absolutely nothing 'basic' about jumping clean over a grown man.

Show me another 200cm ruckman who could make that dunk.

AndrewP6
06-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Really?

All he had to do was part his legs.

Hahaha.... not exactly. That court announcer is probably 170-odd centimetres (hard to judge in a short clip!), NicNat has to get over that height first - and then be able to dunk the ball at ring height of 3.05 metres. I can't see any other 200cm-plus ruck man doing that.

Any way you slice it up, it's an impressive feat.

ledge
06-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Hahaha.... not exactly. That court announcer is probably 170-odd centimetres (hard to judge in a short clip!), NicNat has to get over that height first - and then be able to dunk the ball at ring height of 3.05 metres. I can't see any other 200cm-plus ruck man doing that.

Any way you slice it up, it's an impressive feat.

Ayce Cordy

AndrewP6
06-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Ayce Cordy

When I see him jump over someone standing upright, OK. I haven't seen him do that (I'm not a Willi watcher) yet.

Desipura
06-03-2012, 09:11 PM
When I see him jump over someone standing upright, OK. I haven't seen him do that (I'm not a Willi watcher) yet.

I would hope you never become one, you could get locked up for that.

AndrewP6
06-03-2012, 09:14 PM
I would hope you never become one, you could get locked up for that.

Hahaha..... You know, I typed that, thought "That just sounds wrong"... and clicked "Submit Reply" anyway... :eek::o

Desipura
06-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Hahaha..... You know, I typed that, thought "That just sounds wrong"... and clicked "Submit Reply" anyway... :eek::o

I thought teachers were perfectionists? ;)

AndrewP6
06-03-2012, 09:17 PM

We're also risk-takers!:)

Desipura
06-03-2012, 09:28 PM
We're also risk-takers!:)

Good comeback!:D

Dancin' Douggy
06-03-2012, 11:26 PM

I went to a catholic boarding school. A lot of the teachers there were 'Willi Watchers'.

Desipura
06-03-2012, 11:56 PM
I went to a catholic boarding school. A lot of the teachers there were 'Willi Watchers'.

I hope they got locked up!

Bulldog Revolution
07-03-2012, 04:49 PM
bad camera angle, hard to really see how high he actually gets up

Scraggers
08-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Eagles bring Nic Nat back to earth

Star West coast ruckman Nic Naitanui has been counselled over the basketball slam-dunk stunt that drew condemnation from certain AFL quarters.

Naitanui, 21, was caught on camera completing an impromptu slam dunk during half time of last weekend’s Perth Wildcats match, leaping over a court announcer in the process.

The show of athleticism that spawned into a viral online sensation attracted criticism from several high-profile AFL commentators and figures, with three-time premiership coach Mick Malthouse among those to label Naitanui’s actions as unprofessional.

The young Eagle will play his first match of the year against St Kilda in Saturday’s NAB Cup clash at Patersons Stadium.

It will be his first competitive hit-out following off-season shoulder surgery, with critics of his slam dunk claiming he had risked serious injury in carrying out the stunt.

Eagles coach John Worsfold said Naitanui had been given counselling by the club over how to handle himself in such situations.

But he stressed he would back the young ruckman’s judgement.

“I suppose I was like anyone initially,” Worsfold said.

“I thought it was pretty impressive, but there’s also some education of the players just to be aware.

“It wasn’t a planned thing, it was something off the cuff.

“It was something that Nic didn’t see much risk in it because I’m tipping he’s done a couple before.

“His assessment at the time was ‘what’s the possibility of being injured doing that? No possibility at all’ and I back his judgement on that.

“But he has been counselled about how to prepare for being maybe thrown those opportunities.”

Worsfold played down concerns that Naitanui had taken a risk in terms of potential injury.

“I saw a risk for the bloke with the microphone, the court announcer,” Worsfold said.

“He was probably at most risk.”
Four other Eagles will play their first pre-season matches against the Saints.
Vice-captain Beau Waters has been named in their squad alongside Matt Rosa, Adam Selwood and Sam Butler.

LINK (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/13118718/eagles-bring-nic-nat-back-to-earth/)

westdog54
08-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Trust an old fogey like Mick Malthouse to put a downer on this one.

LostDoggy
09-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Trust an old fogey like Mick Malthouse to put a downer on this one.

In this case he's right — what if he had've hurt his shoulder and missed half the season?

LostDoggy
09-03-2012, 11:20 AM
It's a wonder things like this aren't in his contract? I always remember Michael Jordan "living it up" once he retired because it was stated he couldn't ride motorbikes etc. while under contract. He even said that sort f stuff wasn't even hidden, they put it in the front in big bold writing.

Topdog
09-03-2012, 04:11 PM
In this case he's right — what if he had've hurt his shoulder and missed half the season?

less chance of a serious injury doing that than getting in a car.