PDA

View Full Version : WOOF Tipping 2012

Scraggers
23-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Here we go Ladies and Gents ... The 2012 Season in upon us.

It's time to start thinking about your Footy Tips for Round One.
This is a split round, so not all tips for Round One need to be submitted, but you must at least do the NSW Derby game.

If you haven't already joined up, its not too late ... Click on this LINK (http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/WOOF_2012) and sign up ... the password is WOOF2012.

This is the thread where we can chat about the tips for the week, be Monday's experts after the round, brag, whine etc. (any inside tips as well).

I've sticky-ed the thread so it's easy to find ... Let The Tipping Begin !!

Scraggers
23-03-2012, 04:44 PM
The odds for this game are very one-sided ... I think I read that they are offering $1.02 for Sydney. First game should be an easy choice :rolleyes:

Scraggers
29-03-2012, 06:19 PM
Don't forget to get your tips in (if you haven't already) ... Richmond against the Filth tonight ... I don't really care who wins (in fact I hope the belt the snot out of each other) but its great to have the season starting proper.

Bulldog4life
29-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I'm in the lead at the moment. Got 1 winner last week. :)

Eastdog
30-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Tipped Richmond against Carlton last night but I was mistaken.

Ghost Dog
30-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Tipped Richmond against Carlton last night but I was mistaken.

haha - I know a few Carlton supporters who tipped Richmond.

Eastdog
30-03-2012, 09:38 AM
haha - I know a few Carlton supporters who tipped Richmond.

Yeah the Richmond pre season propaganda drew me in.

Hotdog60
30-03-2012, 09:39 AM
sucked me in too.:mad:

Maddog37
30-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Same as last year. Post has zero muscle def. he is still a couple of years off being ready.

Eastdog
31-03-2012, 11:44 AM
I made a big mistake last night in tipping changing my tip 5 minutes before the game from Hawthorn to Collingwood. I just should have stuck with Hawthorn but Collingwood I thought could have been right on top if they had of improved there kicking. :mad:

Scraggers
02-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Not a bad start to the season for the WOOF Footy tipping ;)

Some quick stats ...

Greystache and Eastdog missed the winning margin (GWS v Sydney) by 2 points.

6 Tippers (me included) picked 7 winners

10 tippers picked with their heads and not their hearts, tipping WCE to win yesterday.

The NATA Award this week goes to Eastdog with only two tips :eek:

Don't forget to get your tips in early again this week ... the first game is on Thursday night.

Eastdog
02-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Not a bad start to the season for the WOOF Footy tipping ;)

Some quick stats ...

Greystache and Eastdog missed the winning margin (GWS v Sydney) by 2 points.

6 Tippers (me included) picked 7 winners

10 tippers picked with their heads and not their hearts, tipping WCE to win yesterday.

The NATA Award this week goes to Eastdog with only two tips :eek:

Don't forget to get your tips in early again this week ... the first game is on Thursday night.
Shocking tipping for me round 1.

Scraggers
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
This is your friendly reminder to get your tips in today ... Round two starts tonight with BrisVegas taking on the Filth. Then there's no game until Saturday.

Scraggers
13-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Don't forget your tips peoples !!!

Some interesting stats from last round ... I won the round !!

What? You want more? Isn't my winning the round enough for you???

8 tippers had faith in Adelaide (not me :( )
2 tippers picked all 9 winners (myself and GVGjr)
There was no real NATA award ... 6 was the lowest tip for the round (respectable)

There are a lot of what seems to be 'straight forward' results this round ... tonight's game being one of them.

Don't forget your tips peoples !!!

Scraggers
20-04-2012, 11:14 AM
That time of the week again ... Footy tipping !!

Time to get your tips in people !!

On the surface, this looks a straight forward round, but don't be fooled ... There are a number of games that could go either way; tonight's game a good example. Looking at last weeks games you would think that St. Kilda would roll Freo, particularly with their injuries (Fyfe et al.). But with Ross Lyon's intimate knowledge (pun intended) of St. Kilda, does this open the way for Freo ??

The Hawks v Eagles game is another that could go either way ... The Eagles at Subi are very hard to beat, but if Hawthorn are to be considered serious GFs then this is a game that will seperate the Ducks and the chicks (again pun intended).

Then there's our game ... Melbourne playing for Jimmy Stynes and us playing for some respectability. Who knows ...

See you on the other side

Scraggers
25-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Late Notice :-
Don't forget your tip for today's game ... You don't have to submit all this round's tips, but make sure you submit at least the one game.

Scraggers
12-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Geez my footy tipping sux this weeks ... So far I've got one !!! Yikes :eek:

Bulldog4life
13-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Geez my footy tipping sux this weeks ... So far I've got one !!! Yikes :eek:

I'm struggling too. 4 out of 7 so far. Be very happy to snag a 6.

Max469
13-05-2012, 06:41 PM
Have 7 so far:D

Bulldog4life
13-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Have 7 so far:D

That is excellent tipping.

Max469
13-05-2012, 07:26 PM
That is excellent tipping.

Thanks, now 8 with a win by Freo.

Have definitely surprised myself

G-Mo77
14-05-2012, 11:06 AM

:eek:

I assume you'll be barracking hard for Carlton tonight then.

Scraggers
14-05-2012, 04:34 PM

That's incredible ... I couldn't even contemplate picking Adelaide to roll the Cats ... and the GWS v GCSuns was a coin toss for me as well (coin came down the wrong side).

Max469
14-05-2012, 05:50 PM
:eek:

I assume you'll be barracking hard for Carlton tonight then.

Sure will be

I can't stand the Saints or Kosi - so at work they were saying that Kosi take a mark and kick the winning goal after the siren.

Scraggers
14-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Tough week for tippers ... Bloody Saints !!

Eastdog
14-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Tough week for tippers ... Bloody Saints !!

Sure was.

Max469
14-05-2012, 10:57 PM
damn you saints denying me 9 :(

Eastdog
14-05-2012, 10:58 PM
damn you saints denying me 9 :(

You must have been of backed GWS.

Max469
14-05-2012, 11:07 PM
You must have been of backed GWS.

sure did

Eastdog
14-05-2012, 11:16 PM
sure did

I went for Gold Coast :( Just goes to show you how difficult it is to get 9.

Scraggers
25-05-2012, 04:30 PM
tough round to pick this week ... Harder to pick than a broken nose !! :eek:

Scraggers
03-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Just as an aside ...

I do footy tipping with my year 7 students (the last year of primary school in WA). Every week I have a bet with them to try and get them watching footy over the weekend. Every week I pick the easybeat so that I lose the bet.

The bets are for things like 20 pushups or drink a raw egg; last week I had to wear a sign around my neck that said "I am a loser, and I suck at footy tipping".

This week I thought it would be good to turn the tables ... So I thought I would back a sure thing ... I was so confident, that I made the bet the loser had to eat a raw salmon's eyeball.

Geez I hate Richmond !!! :eek: So Tuesday morning, I'm eating the eyeball !!

Scraggers
08-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Just as an aside ...

I do footy tipping with my year 7 students (the last year of primary school in WA). Every week I have a bet with them to try and get them watching footy over the weekend. Every week I pick the easybeat so that I lose the bet.

The bets are for things like 20 pushups or drink a raw egg; last week I had to wear a sign around my neck that said "I am a loser, and I suck at footy tipping".

This week I thought it would be good to turn the tables ... So I thought I would back a sure thing ... I was so confident, that I made the bet the loser had to eat a raw salmon's eyeball.

Geez I hate Richmond !!! :eek: So Tuesday morning, I'm eating the eyeball !!

Double or nothin' ... I've convinced the kids to let me double or nothing on the bet.

I figure, if I'm going to eat one fish eye, I may as well eat two :o
The game is Essendon v Sydney ... go Bombers !!

Hotdog60
09-06-2012, 04:56 AM
Double or nothin' ... I've convinced the kids to let me double or nothing on the bet.

I figure, if I'm going to eat one fish eye, I may as well eat two :o
The game is Essendon v Sydney ... go Bombers !!

Do all the kids have to eat a fisheye if they lose or is it just you that pays the penalty. I can't image to many kids that would payup.:)

Scraggers
09-06-2012, 04:20 PM
Do all the kids have to eat a fisheye if they lose or is it just you that pays the penalty. I can't image to many kids that would payup.:)

No, the kids have the option to take the bet or not ... This class has 21 kids ... Only four took the bet for the fish eye !!

The kids are brilliant ... No one has welched on a bet yet.

azabob
10-06-2012, 12:47 AM
No, the kids have the option to take the bet or not ... This class has 21 kids ... Only four took the bet for the fish eye !!

The kids are brilliant ... No one has welched on a bet yet.

So you should have taken your medicine first time round? Where does one get fish eyes from?

Scraggers
10-06-2012, 01:33 AM
So you should have taken your medicine first time round? Where does one get fish eyes from?

Yup ... Really regretting teaching the kids 'double or nothin'.

I'm not sure where I get fish eyes from to tell you the truth ... I'll hit up the local fish monger and see what he can do to help me out !!

The things you do to promote AFL in a soccer-prominent area.

Hotdog60
10-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Yup ... Really regretting teaching the kids 'double or nothin'.

I'm not sure where I get fish eyes from to tell you the truth ... I'll hit up the local fish monger and see what he can do to help me out !!

The things you do to promote AFL in a soccer-prominent area.

Ask him for sardine eyes at least they would be hard to notice going down. The fishy may give something like Spanish mackerel eyes or bigger.:eek:

Scraggers
13-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Ask him for sardine eyes at least they would be hard to notice going down. The fishy may give something like Spanish mackerel eyes or bigger.:eek:

Ended up being two salmon eyes LINK (http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/07/03/3538042.htm)

I'll post some photos if anyone is interested !! :eek:

Scraggers
13-07-2012, 04:24 PM
I sooooo wanna pick Sydney this weekend !!

chef
13-07-2012, 05:06 PM
I did.

bornadog
14-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Ended up being two salmon eyes LINK (http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/07/03/3538042.htm)

For starters congratulations for getting the attendance up, that is a great achievement.

And yes, I wanna see you eat fish eyes:D

AndrewP6
14-07-2012, 11:25 PM

That's fantastic. And it's also a good reason for me to continue to avoid gambling! :)

Eastdog
14-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Got the Saints tip right. Made up for tipping Carlton last night.

chef
23-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Who is Go Doggies?

Chicago1
23-07-2012, 01:32 PM
Just found this thread. Congratulations, Scraggers! What a great example for all teachers. I remember making a bet with my Year 7 students and losing and having to eat a Vegemite sandwich. Thought I'd hurl. I got my revenge by daring some students to eat some Limburger cheese when we were studying farming. They lost. I'd probably be sacked for doing that now.

I see you're moving up the WOOF ladder. I could kick myself for tipping Collingwood over Hawthorn. I almost made the fatal mistake of tipping the Tigers over Norf. However, my hatred of all things Richmond won the day.

KT31
23-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Who is Go Doggies?

Me.:):):)

chef
23-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Me.:):):)

Your doing alright:)

KT31
29-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Your doing alright:)

Better this week.:)