PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NAB Rising Star

The Coon Dog
03-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Round 1 nominee is Brisbane's Claye Beams! Not the Clay(e) we wanted, but I'm sure his turn will come.

G-Mo77
03-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Round 1 nominee is Brisbane's Claye Beams! Not the Clay(e) we wanted, but I'm sure his turn will come.

That's what we said about Libba. :)

LostDoggy
03-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Watched ClayE play on Saturday, sure he was good but as Mark Stevens Tweeted, how can you say Clay (Smith) he had one of the best debuts (which im sure no one will argue) and then not pick him as the best performance in the first round of the year?

Doc26
03-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Watched ClayE play on Saturday, sure he was good but as Mark Stevens Tweeted, how can you say Clay (Smith) he had one of the best debuts (which im sure no one will argue) and then not pick him as the best performance in the first round of the year?

Yes, is a shame for our Clay that he didn't come up against Melbourne in the first round.
Our boy against a serious premiership aspirant, the other against a serious wooden spoon candidate :confused:

The AFL must be pressed for good news stories for the Queensland press.

DragzLS1
03-04-2012, 11:06 AM
That is absolute rubbish our Smith should have got it by a long shot!! he kicked 4 goals on his debut against a serious top 4 contender!!

Greystache
03-04-2012, 01:45 PM
Smith was never going to get it, he didn't play in a high profile enough game. Shifter Sheehan and his numpties probably didn't even see the game, so instead they give the nomination to a 3rd year plodder.

Mofra
03-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Smith was never going to get it, he didn't play in a high profile enough game. Shifter Sheehan and his numpties probably didn't even see the game, so instead they give the nomination to a 3rd year plodder.
Bolded the reason why the award makes no sense.

3 pre-seasons vs one, would anyone seriously swap Beams for Smith?

comrade
03-04-2012, 03:55 PM
I reckon if it's close they give it to the kid who may not get another shot at it during the year.

Doc26
03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
I reckon if it's close they give it to the kid who may not get another shot at it during the year.

I like this, bit like Most Improved or Most Determined.

This kind of makes the true Rising Stars the ones that don't get nominated by Sheehan and friends. As such, I declare Tom Liberatore the rightful Rising Star of 2011 ;)

Remi Moses
03-04-2012, 05:36 PM
All I care about is we improve as a football team.
Young Beams isn't a bad player IMHO, Libba's going to be a beauty and young Clay looks a beauty.

KT31
04-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Our Claye should feel ripped, in the top three BOG's, against a top four side with four goals on debut.
Evey mate of mine that watched part of the Doggies game mentioned what a player we had in Claye
I watched a bit of the shitful display put up by the Demons and there is no way their Clay should have the nomination.

Callan Who ???

Murphy'sLore
04-04-2012, 11:13 AM
No chance they got their Clays confused, is there?

AndrewP6
04-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Our [B]Claye[B] should feel ripped, in the top three BOG's, against a top four side with four goals on debut.
Evey mate of mine that watched part of the Doggies game mentioned what a player we had in Claye
I watched a bit of the shitful display put up by the Demons and there is no way their Clay should have the nomination.

Callan Who ???

Its CLAY. You've mixed them up yourself!:o

LostDoggy
04-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Our Claye should feel ripped, in the top three BOG's, against a top four side with four goals on debut.
I watched a bit of the shitful display put up by the Demons and there is no way their Clay should have the nomination.Callan Who ???

I disagree, Beams was tagging Brent Moloney who is one of the better clearance and contested ball winners in the comp. He kept him to 13 possessions and had no influence on the game at all, which resulted in Brisbane dominating the clearances. He also picked up 25 Possessions himself.

Add that into the fact he played a full game and you can see why he was selected.

FWIW i think our Clay should have got the nod, but i'm not as shocked as some others.

Sedat
04-04-2012, 12:59 PM
I see Fantasia has crapped on in the media today questioning the selection criteria of the Rising Star nomination, just as he did a couple of years ago with Jarrad Grant. Good to see our head of football operations really tackling the big issues :rolleyes:

ledge
04-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I see Fantasia has crapped on in the media today questioning the selection criteria of the Rising Star nomination, just as he did a couple of years ago with Jarrad Grant. Good to see our head of football operations really tackling the big issues :rolleyes:

Dont blame him , look at Libber.
Its not a once off.

Sedat
04-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Dont blame him , look at Libber.
Its not a once off.
It is embarrassing to hear representatives of our club whinge and carry on in the media over such trivial issues. He did the same thing 2 years ago with Jarrad Grant, who coincidentally hasn't gotten a kick ever since. If only Fantasia was as diligent with regard to making noise about retaining Ward and Harbrow as he has been with such trivial rubbish as the RS selection criteria.

Who is to say that Beams wasn't fully deserving of the nom this week anyway? He absolutely smashed Brent Moloney and got plenty of it going the other way. Clay's time will come, but if it doesn't, who cares. Would you rather we had Jake Batchelor on our list instead of Libba because Batchelor got a nom last year? Did Geelong get better value out of David Spriggs or Gary Ablett, seeing as the former got nominated and the latter didn't?

ledge
04-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Hey the whole thing is flawed its who Sheehan likes, even he admitted he doesnt watch the games , we know it means bugger all but i think they need to get it right.
Maybe Beams was better but over the years Sheehan has said it goes on consistency etc so how does one get it in first round anyway?
Consistency is a priority how did Libber not get it at one stage?
Its like Mike Sheahens top 50 just an opinion, needs to have more outlined rules than just a blokes opinion if its going to be a serious award.

azabob
04-04-2012, 05:26 PM
It is embarrassing to hear representatives of our club whinge and carry on in the media over such trivial issues.

I do agree with you.

But I do feel its a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for Fantasia.

Some sections of our supporter base will be happy they Fantasia has come out and stood up for our club and others will be thinking surely you have bigger issues to be worrying about.

Sedat
04-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Some sections of our supporter base will be happy they Fantasia has come out and stood up for our club and others will be thinking surely you have bigger issues to be worrying about.I would be happy for our head of football to come out and stridently support the club on matters of significance. The RS selection criteria is not one of those matters.

Flamethrower
05-04-2012, 12:23 AM

Here we go again. This so typical of our club, bleating on about individual awards - it is why we have had so many Brownlow Medal winners, but only 1 premiership. The club always gives the impression that individual success is as important as team success.

I was hoping that Macca would put that attitude to bed once and for all.

Remi Moses
05-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Marty McGrath won a rising star nomination
Brad Nicholson ?:confused:
McGrath kicked 5 against us in that truly unforgettable Rhode era.

Remi Moses
05-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Here we go again. This so typical of our club, bleating on about individual awards - it is why we have had so many Brownlow Medal winners, but only 1 premiership. The club always gives the impression that individual success is as important as team success.

I was hoping that Macca would put that attitude to bed once and for all.

Great post.
The club went to water with the Pitiful Ward Compo!
We have a 21 year old capt of another club and we Talked tough then went to water.

bornadog
10-04-2012, 01:28 PM
Jeremy Cameron - GWS is the round 2 nomination.

Sedat
10-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Jeremy Cameron - GWS is the round 2 nomination.Richmond will rightly chuck a stink about Dylan Grimes missing out on this week's nom. Check out his stats, not to mention the fact that he kept Dawes goalless. Winning a nom after a 129 point hiding is farcical.

ledge
10-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I thought this award was a great but its never been run properly and rules of it seem to change every week so they can justify why they picked certain players.
Then the next week its the opposite.

azabob
10-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Richmond will rightly chuck a stink about Dylan Grimes missing out on this week's nom. Check out his stats, not to mention the fact that he kept Dawes goalless. Winning a nom after a 129 point hiding is farcical.

What is even funnier is that they asked Cameron Ling about the award (he might be on the selection panel now?) and he said it helps or is looked upon favourably if your team has won.

Well there goes that theory Lingy.....

Doggy
10-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Jeremy Cameron - GWS is the round 2 nomination.

12 possessions and 4 goals

Those stats are very similar to a first gamer from last week.

LostDoggy
17-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Dylan Grimes (Richmond) - Round 3 NAB Rising Star

*Stupid comment retracted*

Desipura
17-04-2012, 09:08 AM

Oh ok I think I get it now...your team must get flogged by 10 goals+ for one of your players to get a nomination!
Well, we did fit that criteria on the weekend.;)

chef
17-04-2012, 09:13 AM

Oh ok I think I get it now...your team must get flogged by 10 goals+ for one of your players to get a nomination!

Richmond won:confused:

LostDoggy
17-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Richmond won:confused:

Woops! I have this memory of Richmond losing, please excuse my stupid comment, I have not yet finished my morning coffee.

Dylan Grimes 18 touches, 100% disposal efficiency, good work kid. :)

Maddog37
17-04-2012, 10:29 AM
He looks ok too from the little I have seen him.

choconmientay
24-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Yahooooo, Wallis won the NAB Rising Star Nomination for round 4. http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/133893/default.aspx. Congratulation, well done young man. Hope this will kick start your career.

It's a shame that AFL site couldn't even get the round description right ... "Bulldog Mitch Wallis is the round three NAB AFL Rising Star nominee" ;)

BulldogBelle
24-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Yahooooo, Wallis won the NAB Rising Star Nomination for round 4. http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/133893/default.aspx. Congratulation, well done young man. Hope this will kick start your career.

It's a shame that AFL site couldn't even get the round description right ... "Bulldog Mitch Wallis is the round three NAB AFL Rising Star nominee" ;)

Congrats Mitch

Great news re brother Josh - a potential 2014 father/son prospect

Lets keep our fingers crossed

Maddog37
24-04-2012, 12:11 PM
Good on him. Seems like a nice kid and a hard worker.

Sedat
24-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Well done to Mitch, but I wonder if James Fantasia will be contacting the AFL this week to complain about the selection criteria, seeing as Mitch has only played one good game in a row. The petulance of our actions after Round 1 were childish and infantile and painted us in a very poor light IMO.

Anyway well done to Mitch - he really influenced the match in the 2nd half and started to show the general public ball-hunting ability and clever around the ground positioning. Let's hope he can string together some strong performances in a row now.

jeemak
24-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Richmond will rightly chuck a stink about Dylan Grimes missing out on this week's nom. Check out his stats, not to mention the fact that he kept Dawes goalless. Winning a nom after a 129 point hiding is farcical.

Well done to Mitch, but I wonder if James Fantasia will be contacting the AFL this week to complain about the selection criteria, seeing as Mitch has only played one good game in a row. The petulance of our actions after Round 1 were childish and infantile and painted us in a very poor light IMO.

Anyway well done to Mitch - he really influenced the match in the 2nd half and started to show the general public ball-hunting ability and clever around the ground positioning. Let's hope he can string together some strong performances in a row now.

So should clubs be complaining or not? I'm confused.

I think the Rising Star awards are good to get a club's name in the papers for the right reasons, and provide some brand exposure throughout the year. I can see why our administration would like us to win as many as possible.

Sedat
24-04-2012, 02:54 PM
So should clubs be complaining or not? I'm confused.

I think the Rising Star awards are good to get a club's name in the papers for the right reasons, and provide some brand exposure throughout the year. I can see why our administration would like us to win as many as possible.
They shouldn't.....my comment re: Grimes not being nominated was purely my opinion only and a comment on what I thought to be the ridiculousness of him missing out based on his performance in the round in question and season to date. Richmond's hierarchy, quite rightly, didn't complain about the snub, because (presumably) they have far bigger fish to fry and issues to worry about. The reality is that every week there would be up to 10-12 players who could mount a compelling case for nomination over and above who actually got nominated, and yet the Bulldogs have been the only club (on multiple occasions no less) to complain publicly about the selection criteria whenever one of our players have not received a nomination. Rising Star noms are OK puff pieces in the media but complaining about RS snubs is not good brand exposure and only paints us in a poor light IMO.

AndrewP6
24-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Good on him, but I'm not that interested in that stuff, to be honest. If it had a set of criteria that didn't apparently change all the time, well....

jeemak
25-04-2012, 04:29 AM
They shouldn't.....my comment re: Grimes not being nominated was purely my opinion only and a comment on what I thought to be the ridiculousness of him missing out based on his performance in the round in question and season to date. Richmond's hierarchy, quite rightly, didn't complain about the snub, because (presumably) they have far bigger fish to fry and issues to worry about. The reality is that every week there would be up to 10-12 players who could mount a compelling case for nomination over and above who actually got nominated, and yet the Bulldogs have been the only club (on multiple occasions no less) to complain publicly about the selection criteria whenever one of our players have not received a nomination. Rising Star noms are OK puff pieces in the media but complaining about RS snubs is not good brand exposure and only paints us in a poor light IMO.

I understand Sedat, I was just being a bit of a smart arse and poking the bear a little with that one.

My thoughts on complaining about the selection criteria for the NAB awards are mixed. It wouldn't take a lot of time for Fantasia to put some thoughts and words together on the subject, and all it would take for them to be aired is a journalist that is savvy enough to realise we might have thought it a little bit odd one of our players, who deserved the gong to be overlooked. On the other hand, it seems pretty futile doing so on our behalf.

Politically, the impact of jumping up and down over the Ward compensation would be a lot greater than jumping up and down over the selection criteria of the NAB awards. I truly believe this would play on the clubs mind when making a decision on what they're happy enough to air, and what they're not.

When the expansion in to Western Sydney and Gold Coast was announced, the clubs gave their support, without batting an eyelid. Or so it seemed. If you consider all of the inequities that have come to light since this agreement was struck, and the fact that clubs are prepared to continue to keep quiet on them it would be fair to assume their hands were forced in to a mode of acceptance right from the beginning. I'm prepared to admit that Fantasia might in fact be incompetent however, I'm also prepared to accept that pissing and moaning about the level of compensation we received for Ward might have been counter-productive to our overall cause.

The AFL is a prick of an organisation. Vlad has been good for us in a lot of ways, though in most cases this has been because it has suited his agenda at the time. I think it would be foolish for us to not choose our battles carefully when it comes to heaping criticism on the games' administration.

Ghost Dog
25-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Politically, the impact of jumping up and down over the Ward compensation would be a lot greater than jumping up and down over the selection criteria of the NAB awards. I truly believe this would play on the clubs mind when making a decision on what they're happy enough to air, and what they're not.

Watch calls for that to have happen intensify when Dogs fans watch Ward dash around in that silly orange strip on Saturday, wads of cash falling out of his back pocket. My view is that we did take issue of it, but imagine Eddie Mac or other top club officials at other camps if this happened to them. We were a bit soft.

jeemak
25-04-2012, 02:04 PM
Watch calls for that to have happen intensify when Dogs fans watch Ward dash around in that silly orange strip on Saturday, wads of cash falling out of his back pocket. My view is that we did take issue of it, but imagine Eddie Mac or other top club officials at other camps if this happened to them. We were a bit soft.

We probably were a bit soft, though I think the club is aware from which side its bread gets buttered.

Our position within the league isn't comparable to the top Victorian clubs. You only need to look at the way the "draw" is structured to realise the pecking order.

Ghost Dog
25-04-2012, 05:09 PM
We probably were a bit soft, though I think the club is aware from which side its bread gets buttered.

Our position within the league isn't comparable to the top Victorian clubs. You only need to look at the way the "draw" is structured to realise the pecking order.

I think we all understand this.

Anyway, I love Mitch and seeing both him and Libba terrorize opposition mids is going to be a real pleasure.

bornadog
01-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Round 5 rising Star is Tomas Bugg - GWS.

Scraggers
18-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Someone who is more knowledgeable than me might be able to help me out here ... The voting for the Rising Star (at the end of the season) is done by judges / previous players / officials ????????

Anyway, two questions ... Can Mitch Wallis get nominated twice in this season? And does his game today get him extra votes ???

SlimPickens
18-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Someone who is more knowledgeable than me might be able to help me out here ... The voting for the Rising Star (at the end of the season) is done by judges / previous players / officials ????????

Anyway, two questions ... Can Mitch Wallis get nominated twice in this season? And does his game today get him extra votes ???

Firstly you can't get nominated more than once in a season. So as Mitch is already nominated so he can't be again.

Voting is done by a panel of judges for the entire years performance at the end of the season. Not sure of the number of judges but its reasonably extensive and made up of media, league officials, former players etc.

Mitch would be favorite and the moment and yesterday's performance would do nothing but strengthen that favoritism.

LostDoggy
18-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Jeremy Cameron will win it in my opinion. The guy is dominant as a tall forward in his first year. He kinda reminds me of Matthew Lloyd. Wallis has been sensational but you can't go past the high marking goal kicking forwards.

Mitcha
19-06-2012, 07:25 PM
You can be certain that the AFL will "ensure" that a player from one of the "developing" sides (GWS or Gold Coast) will win it. Having said that Jeremy Cameron is a bona fide star now and will be for a long time. Pretty sure Kevin Bartlett is still a judge and won't be able to squeeze young Wally into the top five similar to his overlooking of a young Ryan Griffen a few years back.

SlimPickens
09-07-2012, 02:23 PM
May be an interesting turn of events this week with Jeremy Cameron reported for striking against the Hawks. If suspended he'll be ineligible for the rising star award.

Greystache
09-07-2012, 05:34 PM
May be an interesting turn of events this week with Jeremy Cameron reported for striking against the Hawks. If suspended he'll be ineligible for the rising star award.

Offered a reprimand but will be ineligible for the Rising Star award.

westdog54
09-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Listening to Gerard Whately on AFL 360 he thinks that GWS should take it to the tribunal purely to keep him eligible.

LostDoggy
10-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Listening to Gerard Whately on AFL 360 he thinks that GWS should take it to the tribunal purely to keep him eligible.

They have

DragzLS1
10-07-2012, 03:56 PM
Wallis still deserves to win the rising star award regardless if Cameron is eligible or not.. We all know that wont happen because he plays for the dogs :(

jazzadogs
10-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Wallis still deserves to win the rising star award regardless if Cameron is eligible or not.. We all know that wont happen because he plays for the dogs :(
I hope that, as the season progresses, the Dogs do a bit of campaigning for Wallis. I'm not saying the people who vote are idiots, but they seem to be easily led...if we can get Wallis to the forefront of their minds, hopefully it will get him a few more votes. Mark Stevens will give us a hand with that, no doubt.

SlimPickens
10-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Cameon once again eligible to win the rising star award after get his sentence reduced at the tribunal tonight.

azabob
10-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Cameon once again eligible to win the rising star award after get his sentence reduced at the tribunal tonight.

Shock horror. In all seriousness if a few respected jurno's were saying he should challange then perhaps there was an error made.

Sedat
10-07-2012, 11:11 PM
Shock horror. In all seriousness if a few respected jurno's were saying he should challange then perhaps there was an error made.The Cameron incident looked remarkably similar to one from about 15 years ago that cost a champion player a deserved Brownlow medal.

jeemak
10-07-2012, 11:44 PM
Agreed.

Rising Star issue or not, jumping up and then dragging an arm down into the face of an opponent isn't reckless, and it's actually hard to do without meaning it (a lot like Wellingham's issue this week, who should have been given eight weeks and then reduced).

Wallis is having an excellent season and if he continues to play the way he has been he will be as deserving winner of the award if he wins it as any other.

bornadog
31-07-2012, 02:23 PM
Rising Star Nominations - 2012

Round 1 - Claye Beams (Brisbane)
Round 2 - Jeremy Cameron (GWS Giants)
Round 3 - Dylan Grimes (Richmond)
Round 4 - Mitch Wallis (Western Bulldogs)
Round 5 - Tomas Bugg (GWS Giants)
Round 6 - Steven Motlop (Geelong)
Round 7 - Stephen Coniglio (GWS Giants)
Round 8 - Mitchell Golby (Brisbane)
Round 9 - Jake Carlisle (Essendon)
Round 10 - Dylan Shiel (GWS Giants)
Round 11 - Ben Sinclair (Collingwood)
Round 12 - Daniel Talia (Adelaide)
Round 13 - Tom McDonald (Melbourne)
Round 14 - Toby Greene (GWS Giants)
Round 15 - Arryn Siposs (St Kilda)
Round 16 - Josh Caddy (Gold Coast)
Round 17 - Brandon Ellis (Richmond)

Round 18 - Adam Treloar (GWS Giants)

Giants have 6 nominees

Mantis
31-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Giants have 6 nominees

And an average losing margin of 14 goals.

Maddog37
31-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Only one from Gold Coast. They have had a poor year.

bornadog
31-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Only one from Gold Coast. They have had a poor year.

Gold Coast probably have fewer players with ten games or less.

Maddog37
31-07-2012, 03:36 PM
I guess I just thought they might have a few more hidden gems stashed away that would improve this year.

bornadog
31-07-2012, 03:39 PM
I guess I just thought they might have a few more hidden gems stashed away that would improve this year.

Your right, everyone thought they would have had some improvement over last year but they have been disappointing. (except against the Tigers:))

The Bulldogs Bite
31-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Every time I've watched St. Kilda play, I've been really impressed with Siposs. I think he's got the potential to be a really damaging player. He's a seriously good size, moves well and can kick the ball an absolute mile.

Pickenitup
31-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Anyone think Wallis will win the award or Cameron from GWS?

Maddog37
31-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Cameron is the media darling. If they pick it on performance Wallis is a good chance. If they pick it on potential he is no chance.

azabob
31-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Cameron is the media darling. If they pick it on performance Wallis is a good chance. If they pick it on potential he is no chance.

Sadly I agree. Even though Wallis has 'potential' but his potential isn't sexy like the lure of a potential key forward....

SlimPickens
31-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Anyone think Wallis will win the award or Cameron from GWS?

The longer the season goes I actually think It will be a race in two between Wallis and Toby Greene.

Maddog37
01-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Isn't Greene out of the running due to suspensio.

KT31
01-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Toby's ineligible, he got a week in round 8 for rough conduct.

SlimPickens
01-08-2012, 11:00 AM

Cheers didn't realise.

Doggy
15-08-2012, 05:48 PM
GWS Jeremy Cameron out for the remainder of the season.

Mitch Wallis must be a real chance!

Topdog
16-08-2012, 10:47 AM
apparently Talia is now favourite.

Maddog37
16-08-2012, 10:48 AM
What would most people prefer. A stopping defender or a gun on baller?

LostDoggy
16-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Every time I've watched St. Kilda play, I've been really impressed with Siposs. I think he's got the potential to be a really damaging player. He's a seriously good size, moves well and can kick the ball an absolute mile.

Absolutely agree. I think he might be a real chance if eligible

bornadog
16-08-2012, 11:38 AM
apparently Talia is now favourite.

He has had a very good season, stopping some of the best forwards, plus Adelaide are winning lots of games. Why isn't he playing for us:(

Desipura
16-08-2012, 12:22 PM
He has had a very good season, stopping some of the best forwards, plus Adelaide are winning lots of games. Why isn't he playing for us:(
We have a history of getting the less talented brothers ie Ben Sexton and Sam Power.
At least with the Cordy's we did not get it wrong, we recruited all of them! ;)

bornadog
16-08-2012, 01:18 PM
We have a history of getting the less talented brothers ie Ben Sexton and Sam Power.
At least with the Cordy's we did not get it wrong, we recruited all of them! ;)

but couldn't keep the most talented one.:D

Sockeye Salmon
16-08-2012, 02:54 PM
but couldn't keep the most talented one.:D

I always thought Brian was the best of the them

bornadog
16-08-2012, 04:02 PM

Neil was a classy player Brian was a soldier, consistent and gave his all. The Dale Morris of the 80's. Neil had more talent and skills, so depends how you look at it.

bornadog
05-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Gut feel Talia will take this, all the usual suspects like Barlett, Healy etc who don't vote for doggies players are judging this.

Of Course Talia has had a great season and probably deserves it.

Bulldog Revolution
05-09-2012, 03:08 PM

Agree, superb kick of a footy

Watters did a fine job inserting more youth into the Saints outfit

We just ended the year so badly, that its hard for Wallis

Basically Greene deserved the award as a legit first 18 year old player as opposed to Wallis, a 2nd year player or Talia a 3rd year player

I know it has the 10 games or less, but what Greene did for a guy in his first year on a list was impressive

Bulldog Revolution
05-09-2012, 03:19 PM

I think he was, but Neil had some very handy years in Sydney where we could have used him

SlimPickens
05-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Talia confirmed the winner with Cameron runner up and Mitch Wallis in third.

bornadog
05-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Talia confirmed the winner with Cameron runner up and Mitch Wallis in third.

Lets make it a brother double next year.

SlimPickens
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Lets make it a brother double next year.

Must admit thought/hoping the same thing. :)

bornadog
05-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Talia taken at pick 13 2009, we had pick 15 (Howard, Adelaide were also interested in him) and would have taken Talia if he slipped through. Daniel mentioned he and Dalrmple got along really well.

Once more this makes my blood boil.

ledge
05-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Talia taken at pick 13 2009, we had pick 15 (Howard, Adelaide were also interested in him) and would have taken Talia if he slipped through. Daniel mentioned he and Dalrmple got along really well.

Well he didn't slip through nothing you can do about that so why does your blood boil?

bornadog
05-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Well he didn't slip through nothing you can do about that so why does your blood boil?

My blood boils when we have KP players linked to the club (all be it through his grandfather) that we miss out on. Insert Reid brothers as well.

ledge
05-09-2012, 04:27 PM
My blood boils when we have KP players linked to the club (all be it through his grandfather) that we miss out on. Insert Reid brothers as well.

Ok how about looking at the positive, NTH turfed LIberatore, who's reaping that reward ? Oh and from what I hear another Liberatore is on the way that's got more potential.

bornadog
05-09-2012, 04:54 PM
Ok how about looking at the positive, NTH turfed LIberatore, who's reaping that reward ? Oh and from what I hear another Liberatore is on the way that's got more potential.

Yes there are some gems as well and we do have a Talia who is looking good

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Didn't Cameron miss 6 or 7 games?

BS award.

ledge
05-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Sheehan admitted he doesn't even watch most of the games.

Maddog37
05-09-2012, 05:30 PM
I am just glad we have young Mitch. He is like a blue chip share portfolio.

Remi Moses
05-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Carlton's blood should be boiling .
He was highly touted to go there, yet they took Kane Lucas

Maddog37
05-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Nah they don't need him. They have Bower, Thornton and Jamison.......teehee.

Greystache
05-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Carlton's blood should be boiling .
He was highly touted to go there, yet they took Kane Lucas

And he barracked for Carlton as kid.

chef
05-09-2012, 06:09 PM

I am more annoyed about the Swans taking Jetta at 14.

Doc26
05-09-2012, 06:18 PM
The old 'what if' chestnut. To think Howard and Tutt in '09 could've turned into Nat. Fyfe and Sam Reid if our crystal ball had worked for us in that draft.

craigsahibee
05-09-2012, 08:53 PM
The old 'what if' chestnut. To think Howard and Tutt in '09 could've turned into Nat. Fyfe and Sam Reid if our crystal ball had worked for us in that draft.

Ouch. That hurts. No disrespect to Tutt, I think he is going to be a serviceable player WHEN he gets his body right, but Reid and Fyfe will be match winners, regularly.