PDA

View Full Version : Game Day 2012 - R2 Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide

Pages : 1 [2]

Desipura
08-04-2012, 10:01 PM
This is a big if.........if we can make our 2 first round picks this year A graders and with the remaining picks becoming very good players, I am confident BMac is implementing a game style that will hold up in September.
Currently we do not have enough quality players hence why the likes of Cross, Addison, Markovic are in the side as stop gap players.
Add the likes of Grant and Higgins who I would think do not play the way the coach would like ie playing with desperation.

ledge
08-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I think Markovic is under rated he improves every game.
I remember a young Brain Harris.........

GVGjr
08-04-2012, 11:12 PM
I think Markovic is under rated he improves every game.
I remember a young Brain Harris.........

Are you really comparing the two?

ledge
09-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Are you really comparing the two?

As far as people potting him when he first went down back yes.
It takes time, and i think he is improving.
Saturday night in my opinion he played a really solid game defending but his disposal let him down.

Dont you see a similarity and the famous "Brian fades" as they were called?

I do see a lot of Brians traits coming out in Markovic, running off and marking in the backline, it seems after saturday night Brian stays back more and Markovic now does the running off.

I dont think Markovic will ever be good enough to back himself to take a mark in a pack like Brian does but Brian is definitely teaching him things.

I have a lot of time for Markovic and think he will become a very reliable back man in future years

Ghost Dog
09-04-2012, 07:35 PM
As far as people potting him when he first went down back yes.
It takes time, and i think he is improving.
Saturday night in my opinion he played a really solid game defending but his disposal let him down.

Dont you see a similarity and the famous "Brian fades" as they were called?

I do see a lot of Brians traits coming out in Markovic, running off and marking in the backline, it seems after saturday night Brian stays back more and Markovic now does the running off.

I dont think Markovic will ever be good enough to back himself to take a mark in a pack like Brian does but Brian is definitely teaching him things.

I have a lot of time for Markovic and think he will become a very reliable back man in future years

West Coast and Adelaide are two very tough assignments to start the season for him. Crows had the home advantage and we still gave them a shake. Like the way he responded and also how he carried himself in the press conference as well.

Hotdog60
09-04-2012, 07:51 PM
West Coast and Adelaide are two very tough assignments to start the season for him. Crows had the home advantage and we still gave them a shake. Like the way he responded and also how he carried himself in the press conference as well.

It looks like Macca doesn't like facing the press alone, each time he has had a player with him.

AndrewP6
09-04-2012, 08:23 PM
It looks like Macca doesn't like facing the press alone, each time he has had a player with him.
It's say thats more a club directive, give the players experience with the media.

azabob
09-04-2012, 08:26 PM

It's say thats more a club directive, give the players experience with the media.

It happened last year as well and other clubs do it also.

Ghost Dog
09-04-2012, 09:40 PM
It happened last year as well and other clubs do it also.

Carlton - Adelaide, Essendon. All seem to be doing it. Although Adelaide's bloke was late and walked in half way through!

Mantis
09-04-2012, 10:05 PM
It's an AFL requirement that the coach and a player attend all post match press conferences.

It was brought in this year.

Go_Dogs
10-04-2012, 07:38 PM
I must say, I'm surprised by the lack of Gia love in this thread. It certainly wasn't a dominant performance by Gia, but gee he's an important player. Perhaps he's one who looks better at the game where you can get a better feel for just how good his vision and execution can be?

ledge
10-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Gia is extremely under rated i have watched him in both games and he is a true fighter, the first qtrs he has been our focal point.

The Adelaide Connection
11-04-2012, 02:58 PM
How are they any different from last year? They lost a few players and I don't remember any major draft picks?

I think it will be a close game.

Sorry for the late (14 pages late) reply, but I see some huge parallels with West Coast from the year before. West Coast finally got their full list on the park and had improvement from their bottom third and were a completely different side.

Adelaides midfield is going to keep getting better (with younger players like Sloane, Dangerfield and Mackay coming on), Tom Lynch is going to be a handy addition, Porplyzia and Callinan were out for most of last year and will also add to an already potent forward line (we would be happy with one of their twin towers wouldn't we?) and Talia is going to be massive for their defence. I know Preseason form is a bit like shiny packaging on an inferior product sometimes, but I don't think they will miss finals and I would be suprised if they weren't in the top 6.

I think we should definitely be taking some positives from staying with West Coast and Adelaide for the majority of the game.

Throughandthrough
11-04-2012, 03:30 PM
WHo is the Bulldogs forward line coach?

Watching the game from behind the goals i thought our forward 50's were generally inept and seemed to be lacking any sense of purpose or plan.

Greystache
11-04-2012, 04:50 PM
WHo is the Bulldogs forward line coach?

Watching the game from behind the goals i thought our forward 50's were generally inept and seemed to be lacking any sense of purpose or plan.

Brett Montgomery

Throughandthrough
11-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Brett Montgomery

Love to read some recent interviews with him as to how he thinks we are travelling. Has a big job cut out for him.