PDA

View Full Version : Clay Smith - Where are we at with him?

WB4Life
10-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Any word on Clay, i know he got rested for soreness, but where is he at?

anyone in the know got some info.:confused:

Cyberdoggie
10-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Played against Port Melbourne in the wet.

I guess he's had a taste and rather that let the bright lights fool him so early in his career they are both giving him a dose or reality and an opportunity to work on some areas of his game. Also i'd think he would get more time in the middle at Willy which can't hurt.

He'll be back in the dogs lineup before too long though i would imagine.

Nuggety Back Pocket
10-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Any word on Clay, i know he got rested for soreness, but where is he at?

anyone in the know got some info.:confused:

Smith has the confidence of coach McCartney which is a plus. Looks to be the future of our midfield together with Liberatore and Wallis.

Mantis
10-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Smith has the confidence of coach McCartney which is a plus. Looks to be the future of our midfield together with Liberatore and Wallis.

How do you know this?

AndrewP6
10-05-2012, 08:27 PM
McCartney did speak positively of him early in the piece, his hardness and willingness to take the game on.

ledge
10-05-2012, 09:20 PM
How do you know this?

Considering Macca was the one that push we pick him in the draft, I would Say Macca will be right behind him.

Mantis
10-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Considering Macca was the one that push we pick him in the draft, I would Say Macca will be right behind him.

Did the coach want him specifically or just his 'type'?

ledge
10-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Did the coach want him specifically or just his 'type'?

As far as I know it was him specifically because of his hardness and no fear approach which tends to be Maccas want. Get the ball is his big thing.

chef
11-05-2012, 08:50 AM
As far as I know it was him specifically because of his hardness and no fear approach which tends to be Maccas want. Get the ball is his big thing.

I thought it was his type and in the end it was a toss up between him and Kerridge who was taken by Adelaide. Dalrymple would be calling the shots in terms of which kid we take.

F'scary
13-05-2012, 01:30 PM
I thought it was his type and in the end it was a toss up between him and Kerridge who was taken by Adelaide. Dalrymple would be calling the shots in terms of which kid we take.

Interesting. Thanks - will keep an eye on this Kerridge chap. Hope this doesn't turn out to be a Fiora / Pavlich episode. Being a bit jocular here, I don't think it will, Smith has already shown enough to suggest he will be a regular first-selected type in a year or two with a long career, in the tradition of Scott West, imo.

Mofra
13-05-2012, 01:31 PM
Gets a run today as the sub - Cooney a late out

F'scary
13-05-2012, 01:33 PM
gets a run today as the sub - cooney a late out

ouch