PDA

View Full Version : Round 7 - Other Matches

Eastdog
10-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Discussion for the other matches for Round 7 not involving us.

Remi Moses
11-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Predictably Melbourne falling to pieces
Hawthorn doubling them in posessions, and Melbourne being murdered in the run and spread!
Good intensity early from the Dees, but it's dropped off as per the Melbourne way.

bornadog
12-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Anyone pick Adelaide and GWS to win?

Watched the last quarter of GWS v Suns and was a very good contest. GWS ran the game out better and with a goal in it with 5 min to go, GWS kicked 3 quick ones to seal the game.

Hotdog60
12-05-2012, 05:37 PM

Watched the last quarter of GWS v Suns and was a very good contest. GWS ran the game out better and with a goal in it with 5 min to go, GWS kicked 3 quick ones to seal the game.

I had the Crows, but GWS was a surprise. GC looked out of puff and Gary Jr was at a walk in the last 5 mins which is all I saw of the match.

Could Guy be in trouble if GWS out perform GCS.

Remi Moses
12-05-2012, 05:43 PM
GWS wanted it more and have the players up for a fight.
Gold Coast have to many Clayton flighty types for mine.
Crows are flying, and could Geelong be finally falling off the cliff?

chef
12-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I had the Crows, but GWS was a surprise. GC looked out of puff and Gary Jr was at a walk in the last 5 mins which is all I saw of the match.

Could Guy be in trouble if GWS out perform GCS.

I had the Crows. What a good effort from GWS, we are going to see a fair few top end matches for them over the next 5-10 years.

Anyone else think GWS have a better list?

LostDoggy
12-05-2012, 05:58 PM
I had the Crows. What a good effort from GWS, we are going to see a fair few top end matches for them over the next 5-10 years.

Anyone else think GWS have a better list?

Maybe a better coach and system ?
McKenna won't be there this year.
I don't think any team can prosper on the gold coast. Its really a sterile environment. Afl with their money will try but I don't think it's a sport area at all.

GWS have grabbed the Canberra. Not sure why they weren't placed there.

The Coon Dog
12-05-2012, 06:17 PM

Reckon they'd be looking pretty hard at Mick Malthouse myself.

LostDoggy
12-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Richmond are having a lovely time at the MCG.

Happy Days
12-05-2012, 06:39 PM

Starting to think this way. What on earth was he thinking putting Brennan in the ruck for the entire last quarter? Even worse considering Giles basically won them the game.

Bulldog Joe
12-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Not only picked them but have had a nice wager with the double and backed them both into the Dogs as well.

$100 outlay worth $660 if the Dogs win and already doubled the $100.

Smart move would be to back the Roos and guarantee a nice result, but can't bring myself to do that.

Max469
12-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Have picked all winners so far

Bulldog Joe
12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't think any team can prosper on the gold coast. Its really a sterile environment. Afl with their money will try but I don't think it's a sport area at all.

GWS have grabbed the Canberra. Not sure why they weren't placed there.

The Canberra public is a nice add on but they are really after the huge growth over the next 2 generations in West Sydney area.

Eastdog
12-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Have picked all winners so far

I tipped Geelong and Gold Coast. I think I'll get Richmond right.

azabob
12-05-2012, 10:13 PM
I tipped Geelong and Gold Coast. I think I'll get Richmond right.

Eastdog I told you last week that GWS would beat GC! ;)

Ghost Dog
12-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Westcoast being given a massive bath by Essendon.
Clay Smith can be given hope by Jobe Watson. A similar player who's kicking was much maligned but has learned to work within his limits.

LostDoggy
12-05-2012, 10:20 PM
With the GC v GWS result = Melbourne are on the bottom of the ladder!
On the bottom of the ladder in a season with two expansion teams!

LostDoggy
12-05-2012, 10:24 PM
I don't think any team can prosper on the gold coast. Its really a sterile environment. Afl with their money will try but I don't think it's a sport area at all. .

What would have been a better option? 2nd Brisbane team? NT? Tas?

Eastdog
12-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Eastdog I told you last week that GWS would beat GC! ;)

You were right azabob and that's exactly what happened.

Remi Moses
12-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Great win by the Dons, but West Coast were ripe for the picking.
Just when is the blow torch going to be applied to Michael Voss?
Brisbane have gone backwards, and that slapshot 09 recruiting is hurting them badly.

BulldogBelle
12-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Had a quick look at WCE vs Bombers. For all those Dogs fans wondering why Josh Hill is a different player over there...just don't. Saw him have the opportunity to get a hard ball but instead just got out of the way, let the Essendon player take posession and laid a half effort tackle that was easily broken. Rest assured Doggies, he is the exact same Josh Hill we had :-)

Sockeye Salmon
13-05-2012, 12:17 AM
What would have been a better option? 2nd Brisbane team? NT? Tas?

How about leaving it at 16 teams

Eastdog
13-05-2012, 12:28 AM

If only the AFL kept it to 16 teams. The old VFL back in the day before I was born had 12 teams. Footy has definitely changed.

KT31
13-05-2012, 12:30 AM
You were right azabob and that's exactly what happened.

Was at the game, wasn't that bad for a VFA game.

LostDoggy
13-05-2012, 12:32 AM

Where do you start, where do you finish?

Eastdog
13-05-2012, 12:34 AM
Where do you start, where do you finish?

Eventually there could be up to 20 teams in the AFL like in the EPL.

Greystache
13-05-2012, 02:27 AM
I went along to Essendon vs WCE, one thing that was interesting was the way Jack Darling was ragdolled when he had to play on a genuine KPD sized player. As massive as the hype around him is, tonight he looked like your average 3rd tall forward that needed a big bloke to take the gun defender. He NEEDS Kennedy back.

Remi Moses
13-05-2012, 03:05 AM
Hmmm, Saw a familiar one handed weak half arsed tackle from Josh Hill tonight!
Honeymoon may end soon

KT31
13-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Hmmm, Saw a familiar one handed weak half arsed tackle from Josh Hill tonight!
Honeymoon may end soon

Was only having a chat about Hill last night, would B.Mac be able to keep him enthused enough to perform at his capable level each week ?
Would he be the player he is now if we kept him ?
Different coaches can reach different players etc.
Then I thought, he will show his true colors soon and his attitude would have been detrimental to our younger Pup's.

G-Mo77
13-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Josh Hill was no great loss at all. He's benefited from being in a good side and having a lot of better and stronger forwards around him. Saw a few things last night which reminded me of his days in the RW&B.

The guy we took with the pick we got for him, Pearce, may make his debut today.

LostDoggy
13-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Time for me to avoid all Adelaide media and water coolers, I shall dedicate this football season to my kids, work, uni and home renovations.

Eastdog
14-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Watching St Kilda vs Carlton hope its a draw :D. Looks like a good match so far. Monday night footy every so often is ok.

comrade
14-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Watching St Kilda vs Carlton hope its a draw :D. Looks like a good match so far. Monday night footy every so often is ok.

Both teams are playing like shite.

For all their midfield talent, Carlton just aren't that good.

Eastdog
14-05-2012, 09:31 PM

Agree comrade. Carlton's midfield is supposed to be one of the best in the comp. The game has been high scoring.

1eyedog
14-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Agreed, they are a tin arse team that plays a style that relies on precise and quick ball movement that also needs a bit of luck. It's easy to break down. They also wilt under scoreboard pressure for mine.

I picked St. Kilda, Carlton are horrible at Etihad.

Eastdog
14-05-2012, 09:45 PM
I tipped Carlton in this one but tipping for a lot of people this weekend was bad.

Greystache
14-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Agreed, they are a tin arse team that plays a style that relies on precise and quick ball movement that also needs a bit of luck. It's easy to break down. They also wilt under scoreboard pressure for mine.

Sounds familiar. Which is why I'm pleased our new coach is reinventing the way we play.

Sedat
14-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Saints are giving Carlton a taste of their own medicine, with their damaging small forwards having so far kicked 10 between them.

Eastdog
14-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Looks like St Kilda are going to win. There is no team who is way out front this year which makes the premiership race more interesting.

Remi Moses
15-05-2012, 01:01 AM
As per usual SEN's bombarded with calls on Ratten.
Can't work out why they kept Bower and got rid of Austin?
Austin looks a better type.Carlton's much vaunted small forwards go AWOL in tough games, and Stkilda roughed em' up and they went missing.
Waite is either on fire or he stinks it up, and Gibbs for mine has been a disappointment .Great eye candy in the stands Hurley, Gale and Twiggers!!
Stkilda are still swinging it seems, with an injection of some pace looked reasonably good

1eyedog
15-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Sounds familiar. Which is why I'm pleased our new coach is reinventing the way we play.

It took us to a big Elimination Final win against Collingwood though. We played very similar in that match to what Carlton do now.

bornadog
15-05-2012, 04:10 PM
As per usual SEN's bombarded with calls on Ratten.
Can't work out why they kept Bower and got rid of Austin?
Austin looks a better type.Carlton's much vaunted small forwards go AWOL in tough games, and Stkilda roughed em' up and they went missing.
Waite is either on fire or he stinks it up, and Gibbs for mine has been a disappointment .Great eye candy in the stands Hurley, Gale and Twiggers!!
Stkilda are still swinging it seems, with an injection of some pace looked reasonably good

Ray looked good, and in many ways I wish he was still with us.

1eyedog
15-05-2012, 04:49 PM

Yes me too. He was given a different role and found a harder edge under Lyon. He is a player who always manages to find space, probably because there are so many other very good players at St. kilda that the opposition need to take care of.

Ghost Dog
15-05-2012, 04:50 PM
I hope the two hour drive to Seaford saps their energy on a daily basis. Pah!

Remi Moses
15-05-2012, 05:55 PM
It took us to a big Elimination Final win against Collingwood though. We played very similar in that match to what Carlton do now.

True , but it takes you only so far.
I see Carlton not being there at the pointy end

azabob
15-05-2012, 07:58 PM

Has he been injured?, it was his first game for the year.

1eyedog
15-05-2012, 09:49 PM
True , but it takes you only so far.
I see Carlton not being there at the pointy end

Agreed. When it works it works well but it is unsustainable. I hope you're right re. Carlton.

bornadog
15-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Has he been injured?, it was his first game for the year.

Yes he has. Played a couple of matches at VFL level before last night.

Desipura
16-05-2012, 09:14 AM
I dont, as we would not have Jones.