PDA

View Full Version : Round 14 - Other Matches

Eastdog
29-06-2012, 08:37 PM
Its Multicultural round and we are back to a full round of games. Tonight is Carlton taking on Hawthorn to start Round 14.

Remi Moses
29-06-2012, 10:13 PM
Ist half observations
Hawthorn murdering Carlton on the break and using their superior skills.
Chef, what's happened to Andrew Walker? Can't get near it.
Hawks struggling in the ruck and making Warnock look like Polly Farmer.

Remi Moses
30-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Carlton pantsed:D
Let the sack Ratten talkback marathon begin.
Why is Bryce Gibbs still skunking around getting easy kicks?
Should be a midfielder by now!They're playing ruckman as forwards ( sounds familiar)
Not enough grunt in the lineup. What's happened to guys like Garlett?Yarran? Russell?

Sedat
30-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Plenty of opposition supporters out there (including Carlton ones) were downplaying the Dogs' 3 consecutive PF's and rubbishing the fact that we couldn't even get to a GF. Carlton is proof of just how difficult it is to sustain a list to contend for multiple years, let alone get to a GF and somehow snag a premiership. Their window might well be as good as over before it even began, with 1 pissy finals win and no PF appearances to show for their troubles. They are a cautionary tale for the pro-tankers - they are teeming with #1 picks, not to mention poaching one of the best players of the modern era still in his prime, and yet they haven't got near the pointy end of the season.

GVGjr
30-06-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm interested to see how Jordan Murdoch performs for Geelong. He played a blinder last week in the VFL and they have quickly promoted him.

The Pie Man
30-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Carlton pantsed:D
Let the sack Ratten talkback marathon begin.
Why is Bryce Gibbs still skunking around getting easy kicks?
Should be a midfielder by now!They're playing ruckman as forwards ( sounds familiar)
Not enough grunt in the lineup. What's happened to guys like Garlett?Yarran? Russell?

I read the below comment in the Age this morning and thought of what I've put in bold (and of course us)

Kreuzer is a No. 1 draft pick but Carlton cannot work out if he is a ruckman or a forward; on form at the moment, he is neither.

ledge
30-06-2012, 10:30 AM
I read the below comment in the Age this morning and thought of what I've put in bold (and of course us)

Kreuzer is a No. 1 draft pick but Carlton cannot work out if he is a ruckman or a forward; on form at the moment, he is neither.

Reminds me of Justin Harry Madden. lopes around looks stiff and awkward.

bornadog
30-06-2012, 01:38 PM

I didn't watch much of the game last night but did switched it on for 10 minutes during the third quarter and there was some discussion about this. They were saying the trouble with a ruckman/forward like Kruezer is that he is not a natural forward and doesn't know where to lead and position himself. I guess we ear trying the same thing with Cordy but it will take a long time to coach him that way. Maybe Hally needs to be down there for some one on one.

bornadog
30-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Plenty of opposition supporters out there (including Carlton ones) were downplaying the Dogs' 3 consecutive PF's and rubbishing the fact that we couldn't even get to a GF. Carlton is proof of just how difficult it is to sustain a list to contend for multiple years, let alone get to a GF and somehow snag a premiership. Their window might well be as good as over before it even began, with 1 pissy finals win and no PF appearances to show for their troubles. They are a cautionary tale for the pro-tankers - they are teeming with #1 picks, not to mention poaching one of the best players of the modern era still in his prime, and yet they haven't got near the pointy end of the season.

I think they have won one out of the last 6 games, pretty poor effort. Time for a new coach.

Ghost Dog
30-06-2012, 03:14 PM

I'm interested in this. With all the talent at their disposal, as you hint, what are they doing wrong? Why does tanking not work? Some might point to Collingwood, West-coast and say it does. Is it a bad run of injuries? Poor coaching?

AndrewP6
30-06-2012, 04:13 PM
I'm interested in this. With all the talent at their disposal, as you hint, what are they doing wrong? Why does tanking not work? Some might point to Collingwood, West-coast and say it does. Is it a bad run of injuries? Poor coaching?

I think this sums it up.

I think they have won one out of the last 6 games, pretty poor effort. Time for a new coach.

Remi Moses
30-06-2012, 04:24 PM

Good point, but you'd have to question the development of Carlton's list.
Gibbs plays loose half back, Garlett, Betts and Yarran haven't developed into midfield roles.
They've got one position players everywhere. Kruezer and Gibbs were touted by nearly all pundits to be number 1 picks.They've been hit miss at the trade table as well.
McLean for a first rounder, picked up Lucas when they needed a key back( Tallia ).
Shaun Grigg for Collins, did well with Laidlaw and Duigan

Remi Moses
30-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Gee, that's one that got away from Richmond .
Looking good for ninth:eek:
Watched Freo Pies, Freo look like a team caught between two game styles.
The Flakey Freo way and the Lyon stoppage defensive slog.

Eastdog
01-07-2012, 08:17 PM
North amazingly into the 8 as the are going to win. Brisbane not too far outside the 8 as well.

Remi Moses
01-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Best game I've seen from Wells.
Another Kosi classic 3 touches no kicks.
Things change some things remain the same Capt Colapse gets a free cos' someone bumped him:eek:Goddard gave out a cheapie to young Wright.Stkilda on the slippery slope at a slower rate than us.

Eastdog
01-07-2012, 11:10 PM
Best game I've seen from Wells.
Another Kosi classic 3 touches no kicks.
Things change some things remain the same Capt Colapse gets a free cos' someone bumped him:eek:Goddard gave out a cheapie to young Wright.Stkilda on the slippery slope at a slower rate than us.

Yeah I think they are slowly heading into that direction. Geelong not quite yet and they probably will still make the top 8.

Remi Moses
02-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Noticed Geelong only got 13,000 to the Port game yesterday.
Ground still fits 20,000 despite the reconstruction.