PDA

View Full Version : Round 20 - Other Matches

Eastdog
09-08-2012, 02:28 PM
For all discussion of the other matches in Round 20. It starts tomorrow night with West Coast taking on Geelong at Subiaco Oval.

Eastdog
10-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Tipping Geelong tonight. I think they will win it won't be a thrashing. West Coast have been hit with injuries at the most important part of the season.

bornadog
10-08-2012, 12:53 PM
Who will tank to get the wooden spoon and number one draft pick, GC or GWS?

G-Mo77
10-08-2012, 01:30 PM

Ward out GC win this one.

Eastdog
10-08-2012, 01:31 PM

Went for GC mainly because there at Metricon. Wouldn't surprise me if GWS do get up again as they beat them earlier in the year.

azabob
10-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Tipping Geelong tonight. I think they will win it won't be a thrashing. West Coast have been hit with injuries at the most important part of the season.

West Coast have had injuries all year, they have done well to win the games they have.

LostDoggy
10-08-2012, 11:45 PM
WA umpiring again. Only seen 20 min and 2 gift west coast goals. Score equal 71 each

Remi Moses
10-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Gee the deliberate rule is over officiated .Actually reckon the umpiring's been okay.
Hard to believe on the balance of play that Geelong lead. The Josh Hill one arm half hearted tackle effort on display tonight.

jeemak
11-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Steve Johnson. Nothing more, nothing less.

Can't blame him because he got a lot of the footy behind the ball and influenced the play then, but his efforts in front of goal when he was required to kick simiple goals he went missing.

Seriously, cut the BS mate and become elite. Take a set shot front on like any A Grade player would.

He could be the complete player if he didn't believe his own bullshit.

Remi Moses
11-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Dean Cox the difference in the end. Stephenson got shown up tonight as a good VFL player and probably a rare Geelong recruiting failure. Basically tonight it was last person to touch the ball out, the opposition got a free kick! Totally Rediculous

G-Mo77
11-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Gee the deliberate rule is over officiated .Actually reckon the umpiring's been okay.
Hard to believe on the balance of play that Geelong lead. The Josh Hill one arm half hearted tackle effort on display tonight.

This weeks crackdown. Rather than try and get consistancy with the rules and interpretation it always seems to be a focus on one thing for a week or two then forgotten. Frustrating from a fans perspective, don't blame the supporters for booing them off the ground.

BulldogBelle
11-08-2012, 01:22 AM
For such a close game, and even with two great clubs playing, the umpiring made that incredibly difficult to watch.

jeemak
11-08-2012, 01:27 AM
This weeks crackdown. Rather than try and get consistancy with the rules and interpretation it always seems to be a focus on one thing for a week or two then forgotten. Frustrating from a fans perspective, don't blame the supporters for booing them off the ground.

Just wait for our game and the Norf versus Essendon game on Sunday. The interpretation will be completely different, and a whole new level of questions will need to be asked.

G-Mo77
11-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Just wait for our game and the Norf versus Essendon game on Sunday. The interpretation will be completely different, and a whole new level of questions will need to be asked.

I value my voice so I hope it's a lot different to what I saw tonight.

jeemak
11-08-2012, 03:22 AM
I value my voice so I hope it's a lot different to what I saw tonight.

I think your aspirations for having the best choir practice so far in 2012 are in all sorts mate.

Eastdog
11-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Nick Riewoldt it looks has a serious knee injury.

Ghost Dog
11-08-2012, 06:34 PM

Ol' custard arms. I don't miss that.

Maddog37
11-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Scully lacks ticker in a contest.

Eastdog
11-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Tipped the Swans to break the duck against the Pies.

Remi Moses
11-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Picked the Swans, could go either way this one.
Game played in spurts, Dayne Beams very prominent.
Thomas out of the game, Goodes hasn't turned up.

Remi Moses
11-08-2012, 10:06 PM
Adelaide are now certain top 2.
Dangerfield will get all the kudos but Young Wright and Daniel Talia were excellent.
Adelaide have covered Phil Davis and Bock well.

Eastdog
11-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Dangerfield will get all the kudos but Young Wright and Daniel Talia were excellent.

Even though they have had a favourable draw they are still a very good team and have done very well to probably finish in the top 2. It will be a difficult match for whoever gets them in the first week of the finals.

Maddog37
11-08-2012, 10:32 PM

I feel our Talia will be just as handy as his brother in time.

Eastdog
11-08-2012, 11:21 PM
The Pies hang on again and get the win.

Remi Moses
11-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Great win by Collingwood. Got the physcological edge over Sydney.
Dayne Beams was just immense, and Chris Dawes playing his best game for a long time.
That was a finals pressure like game, with stoppage after stoppage. Sam Reid is a massive loss for Sydney

Eastdog
11-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Great win by Collingwood. Got the physcological edge over Sydney.
Dayne Beams was just immense, and Chris Dawes playing his best game for a long time.
That was a finals pressure like game, with stoppage after stoppage. Sam Reid is a massive loss for Sydney

If Sydney and Collingwood meet again in the finals it will be another classic.

Eastdog
12-08-2012, 08:43 PM
North defeat Essendon and will now I would say make the 8. Essendon have definitely been found out.

mjp
12-08-2012, 09:15 PM
North defeat Essendon and will now I would say make the 8. Essendon have definitely been found out.

Not sure I agree that Essendon have been found out. I would have thought they were pretty much where we all thought they were...close but until they get some more skill through the midfield to support Watson, no cigar. Their mids are good foot soldiers but didn't the game go how you thought? Without Zaharakis, Stanton and to a lesser extent Howlett (who is more foot soldier than classy I know) they were going to be in trouble.

Essendon are still building I think - remember they already have Daniher to add to the mix - and if they can get Heppell playing in the midfield for a full year next year they are going to be OK.

I would rather be where they are than where we are!

Maddog37
12-08-2012, 09:24 PM
If Gumbleton comes good they will be greatly improved too. Big if tho.

Mantis
12-08-2012, 09:45 PM

In what way?

As mjp has described their injuries haven't helped their cause.

Eastdog
12-08-2012, 09:49 PM
In what way?

As mjp has described their injuries haven't helped their cause.

Their midfield as mjp said. Of course injuries are going to set teams back and team like West Coast who win with lots of injuries are doing very well.