PDA

View Full Version : Free Entry for a friend - This week v Sydney

bornadog
14-08-2012, 04:08 PM
From the Club

We know it’s been a tough year for our members. However, we recognise that our members truly are the lifeblood of this Club and we could not be the Club we are without their passion, dedication and support. As a small thank you, we’d like to give our members an opportunity to bring a friend or guest to our final home game of the year vs Sydney Swans for free*.

We will be emailing details of this invitation to all members in the coming week, so it is essential that we have your most up to date email address. If you’re a member and have been receiving our weekly newsletters then we’ll have your email address on file and you don’t need to do anything.

If you’re not sure we have your email address or you want to change the one we have, fill in the form below to update your details.

Alternatively, call 1300 46 36 47 to speak to our helpful member services team.

See you at the game!

LostDoggy
14-08-2012, 06:32 PM
They should be paying to go just to see us cop another hiding.

Desipura
14-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Ok initiative should have been advertised better.
Also I think they missed an opportunity to promote LJ getting a game in multicultural week. Could have had more of the Asian community attend the game.
I will leave it to others to make the constant negative comments on a positive headline.

AndrewP6
14-08-2012, 08:21 PM
I will leave it to others to make the constant negative comments on a positive headline.

I'll start... it's clutching at straws.

"When We Win You Win"

"When Australia Wins You Win"

"We Can't Win But Come To The Game This Week And Bring A Friend"

Maddog37
14-08-2012, 08:48 PM
What would Charlie Sutton say? Would he slag them off for trying something?

craigsahibee
18-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Would you really bring a friend along and subject them to the drivel we serve up each week?

LostDoggy
20-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Would you really bring a friend along and subject them to the drivel we serve up each week?

I was going to ask you if you wanted to go with me. ;)

bornadog
20-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I was going to ask you if you wanted to go with me. ;)

He has reserved seats in the row in front of me but didn't show up this week, but who can blame him:D

LostDoggy
20-08-2012, 06:47 PM
What was the final attendance and % of WB fans in the end?

bornadog
20-08-2012, 06:53 PM
What was the final attendance and % of WB fans in the end?

attendance under 20,000, but we weren't outnumbered

azabob
20-08-2012, 07:05 PM
attendance under 20,000, but we weren't outnumbered

The only positive about playing poorly, is I get to sit in a different spot each week and not have to fight my way to the bar or out of the ground.... Somehow the trains are still packed!

bornadog
20-08-2012, 07:51 PM
The only positive about playing poorly, is I get to sit in a different spot each week and not have to fight my way to the bar or out of the ground.... Somehow the trains are still packed!

All the reserved seat holders around me disappeared some weeks ago, so I have had it all to myself.

azabob
20-08-2012, 08:11 PM
All the reserved seat holders around me disappeared some weeks ago, so I have had it all to myself.

It has been a long tough year, yet strangely relaxing as you knew what you were going to get most weeks.

bornadog
20-08-2012, 10:05 PM
It has been a long tough year, yet strangely relaxing as you knew what you were going to get most weeks.

I got really angry, (inside me) after the tease of the first quarter. I was really disappointed in the last but was keeping tabs on Griffen to see if he would hit 50.

LostDoggy
21-08-2012, 01:09 PM
I got really angry, (inside me) after the tease of the first quarter. I was really disappointed in the last but was keeping tabs on Griffen to see if he would hit 50.

I started reading my book in the last quarter. Don't get enough time during the week to read, so the train trip to & from the game, and during it if it's messy is my only real chance. :)

Ozza
21-08-2012, 04:02 PM

It was about 50/50 around me by the end of the year as far as those still going. Jam packed in round 1 v West Coast. 50% empty versus the Swans.

Our representation down at Geelong is always pretty much nil (what with how hard it is to get a ticket....but we could actually have ZERO supporters (outside of the cheer squad) this week!

bornadog
21-08-2012, 05:12 PM
It was about 50/50 around me by the end of the year as far as those still going. Jam packed in round 1 v West Coast. 50% empty versus the Swans.

Our representation down at Geelong is always pretty much nil (what with how hard it is to get a ticket....but we could actually have ZERO supporters (outside of the cheer squad) this week!

I won't be going thats for sure.

craigsahibee
21-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I was fortunate enough to snare a ticket to Smorgo's Presidents Lunch.

I was there but you all may not have recognised me in a suit and tie ;-)

bornadog
21-08-2012, 11:40 PM
I was fortunate enough to snare a ticket to Smorgo's Presidents Lunch.

I was there but you all may not have recognised me in a suit and tie ;-)

and I wasn't invited:D

LostDoggy
22-08-2012, 11:55 AM
and I wasn't invited:D

Me either. :(

Ozza
22-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I won't be going thats for sure.

The Cattery certainly isn't very accessible anymore. I went there 5 times in the 90s and saw 5 wins - I think they're the only wins we've had down there in my lifetime. So its been all good memories heading down there in the past.

(I wouldn't want to blemish my good record this week!).