PDA

View Full Version : Round 22 - Other Matches

Eastdog
23-08-2012, 05:29 PM
For all discussion of the other matches in Round 22.

Here is the Fixture for Round 22

Friday 24th August

Richmond vs Essendon MCG 7:50pm AEST

Saturday 25th August

St. Kilda vs Greater Western Sydney Etihad Stadium 1:45pm AEST
Port Adelaide vs Brisbane AAMI Stadium 2:10pm AEST
Sydney vs Hawthorn SCG 4:40pm AEST
Gold Coast vs Carlton Metricon Stadium 7:40pm AEST
West Coast vs Collingwood Patersons Stadium 7:40pm AEST

Sunday 26th August

Geelong vs Western Bulldogs Skilled Stadium 1:10pm AEST
North Melbourne vs Fremantle Etihad Stadium 3:15pm AEST
Melbourne vs Adelaide MCG 4:40pm AEST

azabob
23-08-2012, 06:13 PM
For all discussion of the other matches in Round 22.

Here is the Fixture for Round 22

Sydney vs Hawthorn SCG 4:40pm AEST
West Coast vs Collingwood Patersons Stadium 7:40pm AEST

Only two games of real interest, would like to see Sydney and W/C get up

bornadog
24-08-2012, 11:18 AM
If Melbourne can beat Adelaide this week, we can drop to 16th and will have picks 3 and 4:)

SlimPickens
24-08-2012, 11:38 AM
If Melbourne can beat Adelaide this week, we can drop to 16th and will have picks 3 and 4:)

Brad Greens last hoorah, you never know?

bornadog
24-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Brad Greens last hoorah, you never know?

After losing to Brisbane they may be vulnerable.

Mantis
24-08-2012, 12:03 PM

Maybe more importantly is that it will place us in front of Melbourne with regard to our bargaining power for the mini-draft.

I can't see Melb winning though.

jeemak
24-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Essendon supporters will point to injuries as being their major reason for falling over in the second half of the year, but that's all part of player management and they have failed in that area big time.

It's so noticeable how poorly they spread away from the contest and provide an option for their team mates now that they have slowed down.

Richmond should be another two or three goals ahead of them right now.

jeemak
24-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Commentators now talking about how deliberately rushed behinds should be interpreted in the same way as deliberate out of bounds.

Matthews is saying it should be treated as such to make the two rules consistently interpreted. Well Leigh, by your logic the flipside of your point of view should see us award a behind every time the ball goes out of bounds!

This guy is on the Laws of the Wankfest committee and can't even understand that there's a key difference between the two situations, which is a score being awarded against a team that rushes the ball for a behind. There's no need to interpret the rules in the same manner.

Great coach and player, but really misses the point sometimes.

Ghost Dog
24-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Essendon supporters will point to injuries as being their major reason for falling over in the second half of the year, but that's all part of player management and they have failed in that area big time.

It's so noticeable how poorly they spread away from the contest and provide an option for their team mates now that they have slowed down.

Richmond should be another two or three goals ahead of them right now.

None of this. It's the grey tops. they look like a bunch of Jockeys.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e246/LeeARM/EssendonClashDesign8.png
Richmond build the hype about themselves up again for 2013.

jeemak
24-08-2012, 11:29 PM
He's a bloody good player. I'd have him any day at the Bulldogs.

The guy just needs a hair cut. Maybe that will come with maturity.

Eastdog
25-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Cracking match between the Swans and Hawks could go either way at the minute.

Eastdog
25-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Could just be over now. Hawthorn up by 7 after it being goal for goal.

Eastdog
25-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Eagles beat the Pies and close in on a top 4 finish and the GC Suns beat the Blues to pretty much end their season.

Remi Moses
25-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Oh dear! Word just filtered here to Phuket, Carlton got beat by GC!!:eek:
Great night for Freo

Eastdog
25-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Oh dear! Word just filtered here to Phuket, Carlton got beat by GC!!:eek:
Great night for Freo

Hows Phuket Remi.

Ghost Dog
26-08-2012, 12:29 AM
He's a bloody good player. I'd have him any day at the Bulldogs.

The guy just needs a hair cut. Maybe that will come with maturity.

Right. But he's just one player in a team. Loves the goal square but ordinary anywhere else. Defensive effort ( tackles ) ordinary. How do you rate him as a team member? Don't expect McCartney and him would get along at......all.

Remi Moses
26-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Hows Phuket Remi.

Weather warm. Sights on Patong beach interesting to say the least.
Staying in Surin just outside of Patong which is blissful

jeemak
26-08-2012, 01:35 AM
Right. But he's just one player in a team. Loves the goal square but ordinary anywhere else. Defensive effort ( tackles ) ordinary. How do you rate him as a team member? Don't expect McCartney and him would get along at......all.

In a team that was built correctly he'd kick four goals a week.

Sure his defensive efforts are pretty ordinary, and need improvement, but just like most other players in the league he isn't perfect.

I can't believe the tendency that has sweapt into the game that completely overlooks the importance of forwards kicking goals. It baffles me. Seriously, if a guy is a good chance to beat a highly competent defender and kick goals that is the major role of a forward fulfilled. The day we judge a forward like him on the basis of whether he gets enough tackles is the day the game has gone completely up its own arse.

Hotdog60
26-08-2012, 08:25 AM

Sure his defensive efforts are pretty ordinary, and need improvement, but just like most other players in the league he isn't perfect.

I can't believe the tendency that has sweapt into the game that completely overlooks the importance of forwards kicking goals. It baffles me. Seriously, if a guy is a good chance to beat a highly competent defender and kick goals that is the major role of a forward fulfilled. The day we judge a forward like him on the basis of whether he gets enough tackles is the day the game has gone completely up its own arse.

Jeemak or GD which player are you referring too, I've lost it reading the posts.

Ghost Dog
26-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Jeemak or GD which player are you referring too, I've lost it reading the posts.

Jack Riewoldt.

Ghost Dog
26-08-2012, 09:59 AM

Modern footy is based around being able to play most blokes in multiple roles.
Pavlich, Hurley, they can be played everywhere. Great team forwards. Reiwoldt is not one of these blokes. He'll bring the Tigers undone sooner or later.

Sedat
26-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Jack Riewoldt.
I think he will be a cancerous influence on Richmond's push in coming years. He has talent but he is all about Jack. I predict he will have as much September impact as Fevola did.

Mantis
26-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I think he will be a cancerous influence on Richmond's push in coming years. He has talent but he is all about Jack. I predict he will have as much September impact as Fevola did.

His petulant carry on after the GC loss showed his true colours.

comrade
26-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Last night's GC win will have the newspaper sub editors giddy with hope that they can finally dust off their 'Ratt sack' headline.

Hotdog60
26-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Last night's GC win will have the newspaper sub editors giddy with hope that they can finally dust off their 'Ratt sack' headline.

Made me laugh, thank you

GVGjr
26-08-2012, 10:53 AM

It's given the vultures at the club and the media every reason to start circling. For what it's worth I don't think he is a bad coach.

mighty_west
26-08-2012, 01:06 PM
Just watching the replay of last nights Swannies v Hawks game, what a beauty, but that free to Puopolo in the last right in front of goal was an absolute disgrace.

LostDoggy
26-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Just watching the replay of last nights Swannies v Hawks game, what a beauty, but that free to Puopolo in the last right in front of goal was an absolute disgrace.

Fantastic game. Contrasting styles but I like watching both of them play.

bornadog
26-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Never before have I wanted to drop down a spot on the ladder but with two early first rounders GO DEEES:D

LostDoggy
26-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Carlton v Gold Coast,
It makes me happy that a team loaded with early draft pick players, that enjoy envious AFL financial compensation and are yet to really achieve anything...................................................g ot beat by Gold Coast:D

Eastdog
26-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Freo about to have a big win over North to give to put them a step closer in finishing in the 8.

Mantis
26-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Freo about to have a big win over North to give to put them a step closer in finishing in the 8.

The 8 is now set with North & Freo 8 points clear of 9th.

azabob
26-08-2012, 08:06 PM
The 8 is now set with North & Freo 8 points clear of 9th.

THe eight is set, but not the positions.

The finishing order can still change with most of the spots still up for grabs.

Sedat
26-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Are my eyes deceiving me or did Bred Green get a guard of honour at the end of today's match? Brad Green??!! Adelaide taking the piss surely.

LostDoggy
27-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Carlton v Gold Coast,
It makes me happy that a team loaded with early draft pick players, that enjoy envious AFL financial compensation and are yet to really achieve anything...................................................g ot beat by Gold Coast:D

I feel the same (even though I detest the new franchises).