PDA

View Full Version : Choco Williams gone from GWS

AndrewP6
01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/146416/default.aspx

azabob
01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/146416/default.aspx

This was reported in the AGE this morning. No surprise really considering the signed Sheedy again.

AndrewP6
01-09-2012, 10:02 PM
This was reported in the AGE this morning. No surprise really considering the signed Sheedy again.

Oh. Whoops. I really should read the papers more often :o:eek:

Eastdog
01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Clubs who are looking for coaches at season's end might look at him depending if he wants to coach at senior level again.

azabob
01-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Oh. Whoops. I really should read the papers more often :o:eek:

Well when reported this morning it was speculation not fact!

Eastdog
01-09-2012, 10:07 PM
If it was SEN reporting I definitely wouldn't 100% trust that it is true.

Remi Moses
01-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Choco's wife is from Melbourne, so that maybe a reason.
Maybe Choco was promised a handover at seasons end?

Bulldog4life
02-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Heard on Fox that he was going to be Hardwick's senior assistant at Richmond.

Maddog37
02-09-2012, 12:19 AM
If you were a senior coach would you want him as an assistant? You would need eyes in the back of your head!

Remi Moses
02-09-2012, 12:37 AM
If you were a senior coach would you want him as an assistant? You would need eyes in the back of your head!

Thought the same thing. Is Hardwick coming out of contract?
Heard tonight it's a player development role

Maddog37
02-09-2012, 12:52 AM
If I was Hardwick, I would consider it a shot across the boughs.

Eastdog
02-09-2012, 12:56 AM
You probably also wouldn't want Mark Thompson as an assistant if your a senior coach although James Hird's job is not really in trouble.

Maddog37
02-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Another year without finals and things will get interesting at Bombre land.

Eastdog
02-09-2012, 01:10 AM
Who knows Bomber Thompson could coach the team he played for.

jeemak
02-09-2012, 02:57 AM
Is Williams not savvy enough to push for a Football Management role?

I think his ship has sailed as far as coaching is concerned. He's never going to be an assistant to sit in the background and tow the line, and he's probably going to struggle to land a new gig as a senior coach moving forwards.

Eastdog
02-09-2012, 03:22 AM

I think his ship has sailed as far as coaching is concerned. He's never going to be an assistant to sit in the background and tow the line, and he's probably going to struggle to land a new gig as a senior coach moving forwards.

Very similar possibly to Rodney Eade right now.

The Underdog
02-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Maybe the thought of working under Sheedy's ego for another year was too much to bear.

GVGjr
02-09-2012, 07:27 AM

I think you are correct on both points but he would be a great guy to have at a club.
The speculation is that the Tigers are very interested though in having Williams come in and work with Hardwick but I'm not sure in what capacity.

azabob
02-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Heard tonight it's a player development role

That is what the original story was, player development.

Hardwick and Williams go way back, so they'd know each other reasonably well.

immortalmike
02-09-2012, 08:48 PM

I'd take him at the Dogs, very good coach and has proven he build and nurture a side to a premiership.

jeemak
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I'd take him at the Dogs, very good coach and has proven he build and nurture a side to a premiership.

Can we afford, or find a place for him though?

Fantasia is our football manager, and we already have assistants we're trying to bolster (if you believe the talk about Cameron Mooney).

So where does a personality like Williams fit in to our organisation? If he does have the smarts to be a football manager do we get rid of Fantasia? I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people on this board that would like to see the back of him, but is Williams going to be a better performer in that role?

As a development coach Williams would be good for us due to his technical knowledge, but does our club have the cash to pay the amounts GWS would have been paying for that role?

AndrewP6
02-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I guess it's all moot now...

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8526139

immortalmike
03-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Can we afford, or find a place for him though?

Fantasia is our football manager, and we already have assistants we're trying to bolster (if you believe the talk about Cameron Mooney).

So where does a personality like Williams fit in to our organisation? If he does have the smarts to be a football manager do we get rid of Fantasia? I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people on this board that would like to see the back of him, but is Williams going to be a better performer in that role?

As a development coach Williams would be good for us due to his technical knowledge, but does our club have the cash to pay the amounts GWS would have been paying for that role?

To be honest no we probably couldn't afford him. But I'd feel much more confident if Macca had a hardened, experienced match day coach to work with. Development is Brendan's bag so I'd leave that to him but someone like Williams in a Football Director (like Rocket at Collingwood) or as a senior assisstant would be perfect as I have severe doubts on Macca's ability to work out a gameplan and as a match day coach.

Hotdog60
03-09-2012, 05:54 PM
To be honest no we probably couldn't afford him. But I'd feel much more confident if Macca had a hardened, experienced match day coach to work with. Development is Brendan's bag so I'd leave that to him but someone like Williams in a Football Director (like Rocket at Collingwood) or as a senior assistant would be perfect as I have severe doubts on Macca's ability to work out a gameplan and as a match day coach.

If German takes Willy to a flag would he be ok with a promotion from development to senior assistant.

Go_Dogs
03-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Great appointment for Richmond - think Williams has a lot to offer. They must've been very quick off the mark once Sheedy signed on for another year.

The Bulldogs Bite
03-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Great appointment for Richmond - think Williams has a lot to offer. They must've been very quick off the mark once Sheedy signed on for another year.

Seconded.

Well done to Richmond.

azabob
04-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Seconded.

Well done to Richmond.

Richmond appear to be getting their act together off the field.

Trading for a few players who fit their needs Big Ivan, Houli and the ex Carlton bloke whose name escapes me.

Looking in the box seat to get both Chris Knights and Troy Chaplin.

LostDoggy
05-09-2012, 09:01 AM
and the ex Carlton bloke whose name escapes me.

Grigg

bornadog
05-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Grigg

He has been great at Richmond.

azabob
05-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Grigg

Thanks Lally.

Remi Moses
07-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Apparently Choco just walked straight out after the game into his car and took off.
Chad Cornes chasing him down the street!
Clearly Sheedy was expected to honor his Kirabilly agreement with Choco and changed his mind!

ledge
07-09-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure Williams would be a good choice to me he seems arrogant and wouldn't work under someone with less experience.