PDA

View Full Version : A Message From Brendan McCartney - 4 September 2012

bornadog
04-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/member%20message%20from%20brendan%20mccartney/tabid/18836/default.aspx)

Dear Member,

A disappointing result against the Lions, where we saw the basics of our game fluctuate too much.

There was fluctuation with our intensity around the ball, how we set our stoppages up, and how we defended.

We want a group of players that think so much of their teammates and their club, that they happily play their role, happily put their head over the ball, they’re happy to run and create space for their teammates or defend the opposition — that’s how we coach them and that’s how we’ll continue to coach them.

That’s the type of group that will drive us forward.

We’re in the process of making some list decisions, we’ve made a couple and we’ll make some more, but we’re in a good position for this year’s draft and we will target players that have good values. Team oriented people that want to work to make themselves and the people around them better.

The next couple of weeks will provide a chance for our players to refresh a little bit and as a coaching staff we will review what we’ve done well and what we need to do better and then get our teeth into next pre-season.

I think we’ve got a big core of players who can’t wait to start training again and get our Club better.

I look forward to seeing them back.

Sincerely,

Brendan

bornadog
04-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Dear Brendan,

Some thoughts on the pre-season and 2013.

How about taking the opportunity to have a nice clean out and reduce the list by at least 8 t0 10 players. I know Mulligan, Moles, Hooper, Hargrave and Gilbee are all gone but you need to find 3 to 5 more. May I suggest you look at Vez, DJ, Skinner, for starters - I can tell you it doesn't look like they are going to make it. You will need to decide on what to do with Panos and Tom Hill and where is Sherman at?

As for the pre-season, for gods sake teach these guys some skills like kicking for starters, its been very frustrating watching us turn the ball over so often.

I know you have said in the draft we are looking at the best available, but what we really need is some outside runners with pace and kicking skills. Forget about the cracking in, we need guys that can spread quickly and hit a target in the forward line.

Finally, good luck next year, and hope you win some games and be more competitive, as the fans are sick of 10 goal beltings

Yours sincerely
Bornadog.

Dancin' Douggy
04-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Team oriented people that want to work to make themselves and the people around them better.

maybe you should draft some good footballers.