PDA

View Full Version : St Kilda player charged over stalk claims

Ghost Dog
30-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Here we go. As predictable as weeds in summer....

A St Kilda player has been arrested and held in custody overnight over stalking allegations.

Police confirmed this morning that a man was arrested and charged with breaching an intervention order and was remanded into custody.

He is appearing in Moorabbin Magistrates Court today and is expected to apply for bail.

----------------------

MMM reports Jason Gram as the 'selective walker.'

Topdog
30-10-2012, 04:11 PM
with there being a restraining order I'd guess that the media know who it is already. Another summer of shame for the AFL coming up?

ledge
30-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Jason Gram they have said

Bulldog4life
30-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Jason Gram they have said

Recently he was batting very much above his average. Might be the lady concerned.

westdog54
30-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Lets be mindful of naming players until they've been published in the media.

Ghost Dog
30-10-2012, 04:48 PM
But we can't say Triple M has reported something?

bornadog
30-10-2012, 05:25 PM
who cares about a lovers tiff

According to this (http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/10/30/st-kilda-player-in-stalking-charge/) it is Jason Gram

ledge
30-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Lets be mindful of naming players until they've been published in the media.

I am mindful , once it's reported in media I say it, how else would I know?

westdog54
30-10-2012, 08:02 PM
who cares about a lovers tiff

According to this (http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/10/30/st-kilda-player-in-stalking-charge/) it is Jason Gram

Good enough for me. Fire away everyone.

LostDoggy
30-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Good enough for me. Fire away everyone.

Nah. Commented on one too many St Kilda scandals of late, I'm all out of witty quips.

Max469
30-10-2012, 09:42 PM
jason gram has been sacked by st kilda

Mantis
30-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Has had his contract terminated.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150513/default.aspx

LongWait
30-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Shutting the gate after the horse has bolted - St.Kilda should have smacked their playing group hard years ago. Their player culture has made their club a laughing stock and an embarrassment for the AFL.

immortalmike
30-10-2012, 10:03 PM
My high horse is well and truly in the stables after the Libba incident, but man St Kilda are a joke.

Remi Moses
30-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Blimey they play us off to a tee.
Schoolgirls, photos of the capt, alleged incidents at family days.

westdog54
30-10-2012, 10:11 PM
I'll say this much, if he was remanded in custody overnight then this is an extremely serious situation. The fact that he's been suspended from the club since September and being remanded tells me there's a hell of a lot more to this story than is able to be reported at the moment.

Sedat
30-10-2012, 10:24 PM
Their player culture has made their club a laughing stock and an embarrassment for the AFL.
Really? Save for a flukey toe poke and a bad bounce, that St Kilda team would have gone back-to-back. Was West Coke's club culture top notch when they won the flag in 2006? What about the suppression order Hawks in 2008? Or the filth in 2010?

The word 'Culture' is oft-used but there have been some pretty shabby teams in recent years enjoy great success.

EasternWest
30-10-2012, 10:27 PM
I'll say this much, if he was remanded in custody overnight then this is an extremely serious situation. The fact that he's been suspended from the club since September and being remanded tells me there's a hell of a lot more to this story than is able to be reported at the moment.

I like St Kilda being in the shit as much as anyone, but I can't find it in me to poke fun at this. Something's not right here, it smacks of a mental issue/behavioural control issue beyond just being a knucklehead.

They guy's been suspended since September over concerns about his behaviour, and it appears he's been sacked for the same reasons. Something isn't right with him.

AndrewP6
30-10-2012, 10:30 PM
I like St Kilda being in the shit as much as anyone, but I can't find it in me to poke fun at this. Something's not right here, it smacks of a mental issue/behavioural control issue beyond just being a knucklehead.

They guy's been suspended since September over concerns about his behaviour, and it appears he's been sacked for the same reasons. Something isn't right with him.

Agreed, there's a heap more to this than we are aware of, methinks. I hope for his sake,and that of those around him, he can get the help he needs.

LongWait
30-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Really? Save for a flukey toe poke and a bad bounce, that St Kilda team would have gone back-to-back. Was West Coke's club culture top notch when they won the flag in 2006? What about the suppression order Hawks in 2008? Or the filth in 2010?

The word 'Culture' is oft-used but there have been some pretty shabby teams in recent years enjoy great success.

Yes...really.

bornadog
30-10-2012, 11:01 PM

Broke the intervention order on him. Sent 98 texts and 16 through Facebook.

immortalmike
31-10-2012, 12:10 AM

How does any of that refute what you quoted? At no stage did Longwait mention St Kilda's on-field efforts. I'm not sure how you can't suggest that their culture off-field is horrible and they are an embarrassment to the AFL.

You can argue that it hasn't had an effect on their football, but I don't think that was Longwait's contention.

ledge
31-10-2012, 08:13 AM
At least at st kilda its player problems ,Adelaide and Melbourne have bigger problems with sly administrations, AFL is very busy sorting out stuff this off season

KT31
31-10-2012, 10:04 AM
Maybe we could pick him up and use him in a tagging role.:D

Mofra
31-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Culture is not a moral judgement though - teams that play for each other win flags, despite any off field issues they may have.

I can't think of any teams with a selfish-player culture that home won flags.

Ghost Dog
31-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Maybe we could pick him up and use him in a tagging role.:D

Steven Milne, Jason Gram; what a nice bunch of blokes.

Sedat
31-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Culture is not a moral judgement though - teams that play for each other win flags, despite any off field issues they may have.

I can't think of any teams with a selfish-player culture that home won flags.
Agreed, which was the point I was trying to make in a roundabout way. The character of people hasn't been a determinant factor in winning premierships - some very average human beings have won flags, and in recent years a collection of average humans have won flags. But these average humans have been anything but selfish or poor characters out on the field of battle. St Kilda 2009-2010 were no exception, and only a couple of arsey plays deep in the GF prevented them from winning a couple of flags.

Topdog
31-10-2012, 06:03 PM

Didn't even play in 2 grand finals 2 years in a row and you have them a toe poke off winning 2 in a row. Whilst they made the GF they failed and now have nothing to show for the bunch of shit blokes that they have at the club.

Edit: ffs confused them with pies of 2011. Carry on

jeemak
01-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Good behaviour and good winning culture could never be considered mutually exclusive.

Carlton throughout the late 70's and 80's are a pretty good example, as are Richmond when they were successful and as it seems North Melbourne and West Coast when they had their chances in the 90's and 00's.

I suppose Geelong even had their issues, with Johnson (pre 2007 resurrection) and Chapman (post 2010 PF) each having incidents prior to winning a flag.

I could imagine it being a very fine line between making a talented playing group feel invincible on the field and expecting each member of that playing group behave off it. St Kilda dont seem to have reached a balance, in any sense of the word recently.

Ghost Dog
01-11-2012, 11:03 AM
My two cents. It's one thing to have a drunken brawl. Seems par for the course with beefed up sportsman. Not acceptable but understandable. But with St Kilda, it's always some weird slightly creepy thing. Steven Milne, Lovett Murray and the alleged rape claims, the 16 year old kid at the clinic, Nick Reiwoldt and his gooter hanging out, Zac Dawson, Nick Dal santo naked playing with themselves. Now this Dill harrassing his ex using facebook and text messages. That's Moorabbin Highschool stuff.
They are an embarrassment. The stuff they get in the papers for is adolescent, teenage Bullsh**.
I almost wish they would do something normal like have a bit of a drunken biff....oh...Lenny Hayes and Montanga did that....well, at least they weren't beating up women that time! that we know of...

azabob
01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
But with St Kilda, it's always some weird slightly creepy thing. Steven Milne, Lovett Murray and the alleged rape claims, of...

GD it isn't Lovett Murray he plays for another club.

Ghost Dog
01-11-2012, 11:27 AM
GD it isn't Lovett Murray he plays for another club.

Opps. Andrew Lovett is who I meant.

bornadog
01-11-2012, 11:49 AM
My two cents. It's one thing to have a drunken brawl. Seems par for the course with beefed up sportsman. Not acceptable but understandable. But with St Kilda, it's always some weird slightly creepy thing. Steven Milne, Lovett Murray and the alleged rape claims, the 16 year old kid at the clinic, Nick Reiwoldt and his gooter hanging out, Zac Dawson, Nick Dal santo naked playing with themselves. Now this Dill harrassing his ex using facebook and text messages. That's Moorabbin Highschool stuff.
They are an embarrassment. The stuff they get in the papers for is adolescent, teenage Bullsh**.
I almost wish they would do something normal like have a bit of a drunken biff....oh...Lenny Hayes and Montanga did that....well, at least they weren't beating up women that time! that we know of...

Alleged rape claims. They were never proven.

BornInDroopSt'54
02-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Montagna was part of the allegations if my memory serves me.

Ghost Dog
02-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Alleged rape claims. They were never proven.

To claim something is to allege something. I claim he hit me. It's not a fact.