PDA

View Full Version : Who are the Bulldogs dreaming of at 5#?

Ghost Dog
11-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Sam Landsberger From: Herald Sun November 11, 2012 12:00AM

2012 AFL Draft: Pick Me - Jono...
Jono O'Rourke

THE Western Bulldogs midfield of the future is shaping as a band of ferocious ball winners which relishes tough contests.

RECOMMENDED COVERAGE
2012 AFL Draft: Pick Me - Jono O'Rourke

The missing ingredient - polish - could be delivered at next week's draft in the form of Jono O'Rourke, who is firming as the Dogs' prized No.5 pick.

And the classy, smooth-moving midfielder would be a steal according to some rivals, who rate O'Rourke as the third-best talent in the draft.

But with GWS unlikely to chase midfielders with all of its first three selections, and Melbourne's infatuation with hard-nut Ollie Wines, the Dogs could be delivered a dream result.

"The Bulldogs are probably my preferred club," said O'Rourke, who is mates with Dogs defender Michael Talia

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/pickme/western-bulldogs-hope-for-a-dream-element/story-fnau1fjg-1226514318419

F'scary
11-11-2012, 01:42 PM
We need polish

azabob
11-11-2012, 01:50 PM
We need polish

For your robot armour?

LostDoggy
11-11-2012, 05:36 PM
For your robot armour?

HAHA! first time I've laughed on this forum all year.... Well played!:D

Ghost Dog
11-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Read this on a Melbourne Forum as I was snooping around

"I'd say you can see quite clearly that O'rourke has a better kicking technique. ( than Wines ) It's a lower ball drop and he has a natural and fluent kicking style. Lots of the passes seem to be low trajectory accurate kicks that hit their targets. I also see a turn of speed that I don't see with Wines, (and that's not to say Wines looks slow)."

F'scary
12-11-2012, 01:54 PM
For your robot armour?

That does not compute.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Sam L and Stevo from HS seem to think O'Rourke is a lock at #5

mighty_west
12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Sam L and Stevo from HS seems to think O'Rourke is a lock at #5

Good, from what I've been reading on all the top end most likely kids in the draft, him along with one of Stringer, Menzel or Plowman would be a great result for us.

Would love to get Toumpas but will most likely be snapped up by GWS.

bulldogsthru&thru
12-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Good, from what I've been reading on all the top end most likely kids in the draft, him along with one of Stringer, Menzel or Plowman would be a great result for us.

Would love to get Toumpas but will most likely be snapped up by GWS.

Agreed! Would be really happy with such a combination.

Except i'm not keen on Plowman as i don't think such a high pick should be used on a defender.

Mofra
12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
I wouldn't be unhappy with McCrae either - rate of improvement from the start of the year was mentioned as a reason we were keen on Ward, and McCrae seems to attract the same plaudits.

mighty_west
12-11-2012, 03:41 PM
What I also like about O'Rourke is that he wants to be drafted by us being his preferred club, I really like that, big tick for me.

wimberga
12-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Agreed! Would be really happy with such a combination.

Except i'm not keen on Plowman as i don't think such a high pick should be used on a defender.

I agree with this - not keen on Plowman and if one of our picks is definitley O'rourke i would be happy for out other pick to be one of Stringer/Menzel/Macrae

Jasper
12-11-2012, 09:22 PM
What I also like about O'Rourke is that he wants to be drafted by us being his preferred club, I really like that, big tick for me.

I'm right with you. He would be a nice fit for us plus like a lot of local boys he wants to play in Melbourne.