PDA

View Full Version : Round 1, 2013 - Team

Pages : 1 [2]

jeemak
30-03-2013, 06:36 PM
How?

By calling it an experiment you infer we are trying something beyond the conventional with Ayce playing at full forward, and I'm suggesting having a tall forward/ruck develop at full forward is conventional, especially considering we don't have other viable options.

Now I wish he'd concentrate 100% of the time and hold his bloody chest marks!

Remi Moses
30-03-2013, 06:43 PM
I thought Ayce showed some good signs today.
It's hard enough being a key forward, without messing up easy marks.

always right
30-03-2013, 06:44 PM
How?

I think Ayce answered this today. Sure he dropped a couple of easy ones but his first half was huge. He really showed something today.

GVGjr
30-03-2013, 06:47 PM
People have been writing off Cordy for months. However, he continues to improve.

I've been doubter but more efforts like today will have me in the believers camp.

Bulldog4life
30-03-2013, 07:37 PM
I've been doubter but more efforts like today will have me in the believers camp.

Personally I've never doubted he would make it. Today I am even more assured he will. I think a lot of people are forgetting he has only played 15 games or so. He will be a good player for us and be a very hard player for other teams to match up on. Full credit for Macca for persevering with him and for also having the insight of playing Roughy down back.

The Bulldogs Bite
30-03-2013, 07:50 PM

This.

Still have doubt and concerns but he probably played his best game for the club today, competed really well.

Hotdog60
30-03-2013, 11:53 PM
This.

Still have doubt and concerns but he probably played his best game for the club today, competed really well.

Add me in this club also, there is nothing better than to be proved wrong when it goes the right way.

jeemak
30-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Add me in this club also, there is nothing better than to be proved wrong when it goes the right way.

Apart from being proven right when it goes the right way, of course!

Still a long way to go for Ayce. He really needs to keep attacking the ball and cut out the concentration lapses that saw him drop two very simple chest marks today.

GVGjr
31-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Apart from being proven right when it goes the right way, of course!

Still a long way to go for Ayce. He really needs to keep attacking the ball and cut out the concentration lapses that saw him drop two very simple chest marks today.

While I agree with you 100% should Dahlhaus be called out for a couple of errors as well?

jeemak
31-03-2013, 02:13 AM
While I agree with you 100% should Dahlhaus be called out for a couple of errors as well?

I noted in my B&A's post that there were a couple of younger players that didn't have the concentration required for us to capitalise on our good work, resulting in us losing a scoring opportunity. I just didn't name names.

One of them was Dahlhaus spending it before he had it in the third, at CHF. He should have taken an easy mark and moved it on to a couple of options running forward. It was one of a few fumbles he had today that cost us the ability to move the ball on, and I think it's a maturity issue that will be resolved in time when he isn't as frantic once he gets it.

LostDoggy
31-03-2013, 07:29 PM
Well done Tom Young ....... you had a few doubters on this board but I think you showed today that you will be a very good addition to our team.

comrade
31-03-2013, 07:33 PM
Well done Tom Young ....... you had a few doubters on this board but I think you showed today that you will be a very good addition to our team.

He was very good. I was most impressed with his poise. He didn't panic down back, he weighed his options and chose correctly every time. He seems to have a good football brain.

If our 4 trade recruits can maintain that level throughout the season, we've smashed it out of the park.

Bulldog4life
31-03-2013, 07:44 PM

I was impressed by him too. His tackling and precise kicking caught my eye. Still only 21 a very good pick up for pick 70.

boydogs
31-03-2013, 07:45 PM
If our 4 trade recruits can maintain that level throughout the season, we've smashed it out of the park.

And we haven't even seen the draftees yet.

Great to see an off-season of good news convert to improvement on field.

G-Mo77
31-03-2013, 09:16 PM

I'll put my hand up on that. Really didn't like what I saw of him in the pre-season. Thought he was really good yesterday, hopefully he can keep it going.

I'll put my hand up on Cordy as well. I don't think I've spoken on him in here but in the back of my mind I was starting to have some real concerns. Dropped a couple of chest marks yesterday but I'm knit picking.

GVGjr
31-03-2013, 10:04 PM
I'll put my hand up on that. Really didn't like what I saw of him in the pre-season. Thought he was really good yesterday, hopefully he can keep it going.

I heard yesterday that despite Young being in the system for a few years at a well resourced club, his fitness level was not really where it needed to be when he arrived at the club. I think we see a further upside in him once his fitness level improves.

Maddog37
31-03-2013, 10:10 PM
He seems a very, very laid back character.

F'scary
31-03-2013, 10:29 PM
He seems a very, very laid back character.

Hopefully, therefore not a panic merchant!

LostDoggy
01-04-2013, 01:23 AM

And we haven't even seen the draftees yet.

Two quotes which really show the healthy position which we are currently in. The recruiting in the off-season was very good if yesterday was anything of an example.

Great stuff and puts a bit of optimism into the system for us doggies supporters.

jeemak
01-04-2013, 09:10 AM

I'll put my hand up on Cordy as well. I don't think I've spoken on him in here but in the back of my mind I was starting to have some real concerns. Dropped a couple of chest marks yesterday but I'm knit picking.

I've been a big Cordy defender and optimist towards his chances prior to round 1, though I think he needs to be held accountable for the two easy chest marks he dropped on Saturday (as should Dahl for the one he dropped and spent at CHF in the third).

He's not going to be physically strong enough to consistently take contested marks for a few more seasons yet, but under no circumstances should he let himself down like he did on Saturday and drop uncostested marks in the clear. It's not good enough.

His concentration needs to lift.

G-Mo77
01-04-2013, 10:15 AM
He probably will be made accountable, the second was a howler. As you said it's just concentration. He spent the ball before he had it on both occasions.

BornInDroopSt'54
01-04-2013, 11:07 AM
He probably will be made accountable, the second was a howler. As you said it's just concentration. He spent the ball before he had it on both occasions.

I thought he just had a bad technique, his 'cradle' was open, his elbow out from his body. Basic error that primary school kids get taught, but easily remedied.

G-Mo77
01-04-2013, 12:19 PM
I thought he just had a bad technique, his 'cradle' was open, his elbow out from his body. Basic error that primary school kids get taught, but easily remedied.

I didn't really see his technique as I'm on the wing and both contests were on the other side of the ground.

Bulldog4life
01-04-2013, 01:12 PM

Thought the same thing BID. A great example of a safe chest mark is Dale Morris.

LostDoggy
01-04-2013, 04:07 PM

Likewise.

Before the team came out i looked at the setups at chb and thought i just hope we go with Young at the expense of Markovic. Was pleased when the scenario happened and couldn't be happier with outcome.

How many new players went past others Saturday in the same positions on our list? Round one, one game, but a few would have been sleeping rough Saturday night.