PDA

View Full Version : Hrovat Appreciation Society

Pages : 1 [2]

LostDoggy
24-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Often senior players are sent to the VFL to work on a particular part of their game and come back to the seniors once their issues have been addressed. Maybe there is a part of his game he is just not developing as the MC would like?

Greystache
24-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Often senior players are sent to the VFL to work on a particular part of their game and come back to the seniors once their issues have been addressed. Maybe there is a part of his game he is just not developing as the MC would like?

You're on the money PP. Hrovat needs to work on his decision making, in particular giving the first option rather than being indecisive and holding onto the ball for too long.

bulldogsthru&thru
24-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Maybe he wants out at seasons end??

GVGjr
24-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Needs to play this week

He probably will but I wouldn't hold my breath. I mentioned a few weeks back that Hrovat isn't being selected despite his form. I suspect he isn't playing in the manner Beveridge wants or they are teaching him a new way to play.

Based on what I have seen for most of the season I think it's fair to say Bevo doesn't use the VFL form as the strongest guide to senior selections.

Ghost Dog
24-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Hunters case has taught me a bit of patience. But we do have quite a few shorter forward types. What would we reasonably expect to get if we traded him?

stefoid
25-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Whatever problems Hrovat has got (lack of versatility... decision-making...), surely Honeychurch has got double?

I dont see the point in trading out Hrovat at this stage. He seems a bit like wally in his self-belief and attitude and those types usually find a way. Despite his 'obvious flaws', Wally simpler got better year on year and continues to do so. Maybe Hrovat can do the same.

Sedat
25-08-2015, 11:23 AM
You're on the money PP. Hrovat needs to work on his decision making, in particular giving the first option rather than being indecisive and holding onto the ball for too long.
I reckon he is good at most things and doesn't have other discernible weaknesses in his game (height notwithstanding), but this one is a doozy and really needs to be nipped in the bud now. If he can, I think he will have a very good AFL career. You can see from his performances for Footscray that he is too good for VFL level - I hope he can do what Hunter, Macrae and Crameri have done and get back into the team with his issues resolved, because on talent alone I think he is a definite best 22 player and an important future component of our midfield rotations.

LostDoggy
25-08-2015, 12:38 PM
I like Hrovat and think he can be a 10 year player, my concern is that a lot of the better modern teams have a number of big bodies through their rotations. If we are building a premiership team, is a midfield group including Hunter, Dahlhaus, Daniel and Libba needing another smaller body (also with Dale, McLean, Honeycurch and Darley coming through)?

Not saying it's necessarily Hrovat, but as our list gets pruned over the next year or 2, it's these ligher bodied mids that will be under most pressure.

If these guys are all retained, I hope our draftees this year have a bit of size about them.

jazzadogs
06-10-2015, 08:25 AM
It seems that Hrovat is on his way out. What do we see as his individual price? Essendon, Saints and Melbourne are reported to be front runners...will he be packaged up, swap for picks or swap for a player?

Despite Honeychurch's season, I still have Hrovat ahead of him as a long term prospect...we saw with Lachie Hunter at the end of the season how quickly perceptions can change. Dahl, Hunter, Daniel, Hrovat, McLean, Honeychurch would be my order at this stage

It has obviously been part of our recruitment strategy to draft lots of similar types and then trade out those surplus to requirements...I just worry that we're getting rid of the wrong one, and would hate for us to lose him cheaply.

I think he is still worth a pick around the 20-25 mark, where he was drafted, and hope that if he is traded he is used as more than steak knives in a larger deal.

1eyedog
06-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Agree with all of that. Pick 23 from the Bombers would be a good return. They may be more open to this if they get good returns for Melksham, Carlisle and to a lesser degree Dempsey. I think the Saints will need their first and second rounders for Carlisle and Freeman so it would need to be a player swap.

Bulldog Joe
06-10-2015, 09:33 AM
Agree with all of that. Pick 23 from the Bombers would be a good return. They may be more open to this if they get good returns for Melksham, Carlisle and to a lesser degree Dempsey. I think the Saints will need their first and second rounders for Carlisle and Freeman so it would need to be a player swap.

Would Hickey for Hrovat be a suitable swap.

1eyedog
06-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Would Hickey for Hrovat be a suitable swap.

I think so, if anything that is slightly weighted in our favour and we may need to swap picks 48 and 60.

Hickey was a stand out at the combine and there's no question Gold Coast wanted to keep him and of course the Saints were right into him offering up their first rounder. Good big man are harder to find than good small men.

I reckon he would be the perfect fit for us.

What are your thoughts on it?

Bulldog Joe
06-10-2015, 09:57 AM
I think so, if anything that is slightly weighted in our favour and we may need to swap picks 48 and 60.

Hickey was a stand out at the combine and there's no question Gold Coast wanted to keep him and of course the Saints were right into him offering up their first rounder. Good big man are harder to find than good small men.

I reckon he would be the perfect fit for us.

What are your thoughts on it?

I am certainly in favour of the swap as it meets a clear need.

Not sure we need to give up anything else as Hickey is clearly rated by the Saints as falling behind Longer.

1eyedog
06-10-2015, 10:00 AM

Not sure we need to give up anything else as Hickey is clearly rated by the Saints as falling behind Longer.

Keeping our third rounder would be a good result.

bornadog
06-10-2015, 10:03 AM
St Kilda have inquired about the status of Western Bulldogs midfielder, Nathan Hrovat who has been starved of opportunities at the kennel this year.
Chief operating officer, Ameet Bains has confirmed that the Saints have spoken to Hrovat and his manager.

- AFL Trade Radio

LostDoggy
06-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Just because Hrovat's up for trade doesn't mean we don't rate him at all. Perhaps the thinking is that he is indeed ahead of a few others (Honeychurch, etc) but has a higher trade value, and we have plenty of mids in his mold already. Making a tough call, etc.

If I was a St Kilda fan I'd be very happy with somebody like Hrovat.

bornadog
06-10-2015, 10:34 AM
TRADE NEWS:

According to Western Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney on trade radio today.
Western Bulldogs forward Nathan Hrovat is expected to be at the Bulldogs in 2016.
Jason reinforced that he is a contracted player and would be difficult for clubs to trade for the forward.

LostDoggy
06-10-2015, 10:53 AM

I think 24YO ruckmen carry more weight than small mid/forwards at trade time just because of their comparative scarcity. Hickey may be behind Longer, but all clubs need a 2nd ruckman on their list.

On another thread I threw up the idea of trading Hrovat and Talia for Hickey.

StKilda are obviously in need of key defenders and there are precious few available.

This may be a little overs, but we are filling a big best 22 need with 2 players outside our best 22 and everyone wins (including the 3 players, who should all get more opportunity).

Maybe we could see if StKilda could throw in a lower pick.

If StKilda miss Carlisle (who has apparently preferred Carlton all along, but StKilda have thrown massive cash), I reckon this deal would be very doable.

EasternWest
06-10-2015, 11:00 AM
TRADE NEWS:

According to Western Bulldogs list manager Jason McCartney on trade radio today.
Western Bulldogs forward Nathan Hrovat is expected to be at the Bulldogs in 2016.
Jason reinforced that he is a contracted player and would be difficult for clubs to trade for the forward.

He he. "Contracted player"'Expected to be at the Bulldogs 2016".

He's gawn.

Be a shame to lose him - he can play - but if he wants to go somewhere he will get a regular game who could blame him?

bornadog
06-10-2015, 11:04 AM

He's gawn.

Be a shame to lose him - he can play - but if he wants to go somewhere he will get a regular game who could blame him?

Bevo said the same thing about Minson

Mofra
06-10-2015, 11:33 AM

He's gawn.

God, that has shades of a coach "having the full support of the board".

Bulldog4life
06-10-2015, 11:46 AM
TRADE NEWS:

Good. I still think Nathan has a lot of upside. With a good pre season under his belt and injury free I am looking forward to see him improve a lot next season.

lemmon
06-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Good. I still think Nathan has a lot of upside. With a good pre season under his belt and injury free I am looking forward to see him improve a lot next season.

Agree, unless we can address a need I'd rather keep Hrovat. If he can push for midfield time he adds some midfield polish and link up play in the way that Lachie Hunter was able to this year

Twodogs
06-10-2015, 01:08 PM
God, that has shades of a coach "having the full support of the board".

Or the PM having the glowing endorsement of their Cabinet colleagues.

Go_Dogs
06-10-2015, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure where Hrovat may end up. If he perceives that he is behind a few in the pecking order and can secure a 3-4 year deal on better money at another club I can see why he'd be sounding out his options.

At the same time, if a club were to offer us a solid deal, it would have to be something we consider. Hrovat has a lot of good qualities and has plenty of development in him, but he isn't super quick, his disposal and decision making can be hit and miss, he isn't a tall midfielder, he may struggle to be a big part of our rotations and doesn't kick many goals as a forward.

I'm pretty happy either way on this one, and hope whatever is decided, it's a win for club and player.

Twodogs
06-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Yep. Hrovat isn't the worst player we have for his position but he's not the best either. If he can go to another club, get more opportunities and thrive then it's better than him sitting on our list and playing ten games a year in a difficult position to play.

Cyberdoggie
13-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Apparently staying with the dogs now according to his manager

GVGjr
13-10-2015, 02:56 PM
Apparently staying with the dogs now according to his manager

I don't think he shopped his name around. Clubs saw him struggling to get a game in the seniors and decided to ask the question.

Webby
13-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Just a quick one, went to Werribee Cup today. Race 4 a horse called "Hrovat" had its maiden run (I believe) wearing red white and blue. Got on at $5.00 (as any of us would!) and it bolted it in. Happy days!

Twodogs
13-12-2015, 06:11 PM
How long has the Werribee Cup been in December? It used to be in the spring carnival.

Webby
13-12-2015, 06:26 PM
How long has the Werribee Cup been in December? It used to be in the spring carnival.

Actually discussed that today. Thought it was Weds prior to Melb Cup, so must've been recent.

Go_Dogs
06-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Great to see the Rat back in the side for tonight.

Some very interesting reading going back to the start of this thread - he's certainly shown us plenty of signs he can be a long term player and a pretty good one. Hopefully the tide has turned and he can get some continuity over the balance of the season.

Ghost Dog
06-08-2016, 03:38 PM
Interesting from the perspective Boomer Harvey actually mentored him for a bit didn't he?

bulldogtragic
06-08-2016, 09:16 PM
Doing some nice things, and a great goal first up. His foot skills can't be underestimated for what a this list needs to maintain.

EasternWest
06-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Great return. Footballer first. He's been gone so long, I'm ashamed I'd forgotten how handy he is.

Bulldog Revolution
07-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Just needs a good run of fitness to establish himself

showed some promise last night

azabob
07-08-2016, 11:37 AM
I think we need to persist with him. At the moment only he and Daniel appears likely hitting a target inside 50.

Remi Moses
07-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Need to persist with . Better decision maker than Stevens or Lin Jong
Has looked like he's struggled with the pace , but he just hasn't had the chance to adjust .

Ghost Dog
07-08-2016, 12:51 PM
I think we need to persist with him. At the moment only he and Daniel appears likely hitting a target inside 50.

I don't know so much. Hunter and Dahl, Cordy had some good inside 50's. It's getting a strong lead that seems to be the key. Loved Bonts speed in the forward line early on to get separation.
Back to Nathan, I like the way he kicks the ball. Looks confident with disposal, and in the tackle doesn't panic.

The Doctor
07-08-2016, 12:53 PM
Hrovat will be a gun.

I think all the talk of trading him among supporters is ludicrous.

As others have pointed out he just needs a good run at it so he can establish himself. Injuries have been halting his progress.

jeemak
07-08-2016, 12:55 PM
To be fair I think a lot of the trade talk has centred around needing to give up some quality to get some quality in. It's an acknowledgement that irrespective of his lack of exposure there's obvious quality there.

Go_Dogs
07-08-2016, 01:10 PM
To be fair I think a lot of the trade talk has centred around needing to give up some quality to get some quality in. It's an acknowledgement that irrespective of his lack of exposure there's obvious quality there.

Yep - I will put my hand up and say I raised his name and it was for this reason.

Hopefully with some continuity over the balance of the season we'll get to see Nathan showcase his talent. When he gets it right with his decision making and disposal (and more often than not, I've perceived this to be around taking the first option more frequently, rather than trying to do too much) he's a damaging player.

Some of his running last night was good. A couple of times he'd find himself across the field in some space but we either didn't identify him or we executed our kick poorly meaning he wasn't able to receive the ball and take off.

Twodogs
07-08-2016, 01:21 PM
Hrovat is exactly the type of player who'd kick 4 goals in a quarter in a final. He knows where the ball is going to go and he can kick when he gets it.

If he can stay fit he will be a very handy inclusion.

EasternWest
07-08-2016, 01:45 PM
Hrovat is exactly the type of player who'd kick 4 goals in a quarter in a final. He knows where the ball is going to go and he can kick when he gets it.

If he can stay fit he will be a very handy inclusion.

Jason Tutt like you might say.

Ghost Dog
07-08-2016, 01:51 PM
Nathan has my permission to copy Jason Tutt's debut game every week!

The Bulldogs Bite
07-08-2016, 01:59 PM
Hope he gets a clear run at it. He could be important in the finals, even if/when Libba and Macrae return. A creative, neat half forward/mid is what we need.

azabob
07-08-2016, 02:07 PM
I don't know so much. Hunter and Dahl, Cordy had some good inside 50's. It's getting a strong lead that seems to be the key. Loved Bonts speed in the forward line early on to get separation.
Back to Nathan, I like the way he kicks the ball. Looks confident with disposal, and in the tackle doesn't panic.

My concern with Dahl and Hunter is that they are still a 50/50 chance if they hit the target (regardless if its a goal or a player who is leading or stationary) where as Daniel and Hrovat to a lesser degree are tidy with their disposal and decision making.

Twodogs
07-08-2016, 02:08 PM
Jason Tutt like you might say.

That would be Footscray premiership hero Jason Tutt. Long live that glorious shank of his from the boundary that somehow drifted through for a goal to give us the lead in the 2014 VFL Grand Final. It was one of the most glorious things I've ever seen on a football field.

bornadog
07-08-2016, 05:32 PM
My concern with Dahl and Hunter is that they are still a 50/50 chance if they hit the target (regardless if its a goal or a player who is leading or stationary) where as Daniel and Hrovat to a lesser degree are tidy with their disposal and decision making.

Hunter made two glaring errors, but the rest of his disposals were fine. He ran at 85.7% DE, and the 2 clangers. I think sometimes as supporters we blow things out of proportion when a huge mistake sticks in our mind.

azabob
07-08-2016, 05:40 PM
Hunter made two glaring errors, but the rest of his disposals were fine. He ran at 85.7% DE, and the 2 clangers. I think sometimes as supporters we blow things out of proportion when a huge mistake sticks in our mind.

Thanks for the heads up on Hunters DE. If he could improve his goal kicking a lot of heat would come off him.

Smads57
07-08-2016, 05:53 PM
It was a good AFL game first up after a long lay off. Reckon he'll be better with another couple of AFL games under his belt.

EasternWest
07-08-2016, 06:24 PM

I don't entirely agree, I think he makes too many egregious errors that are very costly.

But as I've stated elsewhere he was good for the most part last night, and that DE percentage you've highlighted supports that.

Ozza
07-08-2016, 11:20 PM

I tend to agree. Hunter's kicking is certainly no strength - but every player (except Bont) have a weakness or two.
I was so impressed with Hunter's defensive running last night. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in the coaches votes this week on the basis of his two way game.

But....back to Hrovat - I was so rapt to see him back in the side and going quite well for a 1st up in a game where the forwards didn't really impact the contest. He has some class - and we need a bit of that.

Ozza
07-08-2016, 11:22 PM
I don't entirely agree, I think he makes too many egregious errors that are very costly.

But as I've stated elsewhere he was good for the most part last night, and that DE percentage you've highlighted supports that.

Supporters used to carry on about Scott West's kicking when he made errors.
Matthew Boyd has earned more wrath than just about anyone for his kicking.
Hunter is model 3.0.

I understand the frustration, but to some degree, it's what happens when you run 4 or 5 kilometres more than most other players.

Ghost Dog
08-08-2016, 03:55 AM
North managed to revisit their coat hanger on Hunter as well. They have refined their technique a little.
Oh and off topic, did anyone see Lindsay Thomas try to draw the high free? And just fell over.
Denis commented 'Thomas probably should have kept playing football'.

Seriously, they should have selected him for Rio and we all know in which event he would no doubt get a gold medal.

Anyway, back to Nathan. Is he of Croatian descent? Looking at his twitter account. Loves a bit of UFC.

ledge
08-08-2016, 05:09 AM
Nathan's a gun , his early let downs were he wouldn't go the first option and get caught or turn it over, trying to do to much.
But last night their was none of that, he has come of age and cleaned that up. Could very well be a younger quicker DIckson, pressure in the forward line and a goal sneak that gives options.

bornadog
08-08-2016, 08:46 AM
Anyway, back to Nathan. Is he of Croatian descent? Looking at his twitter account. Loves a bit of UFC.

Hungarian

Edit yes Croation decent

SlimPickens
08-08-2016, 09:21 AM
Nathan's a gun , his early let downs were he wouldn't go the first option and get caught or turn it over, trying to do to much.
But last night their was none of that, he has come of age and cleaned that up.

It's a good point Ledge, he is a cut above at VFL level and showed that over the last few weeks. I was so pleased to see him play well on Saturday night, particularly his clarity in possession and thought. With Nathan, Daniel and Bont kicking it into our forwards we may just hit up some targets. Now all we need is Jake to lead at the ball carrier!

Twodogs
08-08-2016, 12:49 PM
North managed to revisit their coat hanger on Hunter as well. They have refined their technique a little.
Oh and off topic, did anyone see Lindsay Thomas try to draw the high free? And just fell over.
Denis commented 'Thomas probably should have kept playing football'.

Seriously, they should have selected him for Rio and we all know in which event he would no doubt get a gold medal.

Hungarian

Are you sure? Hrovat is a Croatian word. From memory it means neck tie and its where the English word 'cravat' comes from. It was part of the Croatian military uniform, the poms noticed them and thought "Oh, I am going to have trouble getting through life without having an unnecessary piece of material tied around my neck" (I really, really hate ties-they are a useless, pointless and dangerous item of attire)

Maybe his family moved from Croatia to Hungary? My Polish ex wife always says that the Hungarians are the "Smartest race in Eastern Europe."

bornadog
08-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Are you sure? Hrovat is a Croatian word. From memory it means neck tie and its where the English word 'cravat' comes from. It was part of the Croatian military uniform, the poms noticed them and thought "Oh, I am going to have trouble getting through life without having an unnecessary piece of material tied around my neck" (I really, really hate ties-they are a useless, pointless and dangerous item of attire)

Maybe his family moved from Croatia to Hungary? My Polish ex wife always says that the Hungarians are the "Smartest race in Eastern Europe."

Google says you are right

Twodogs
08-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Google says you are right

I usually am.

It can be a curse sometimes.

The Doctor
08-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Hungarian

reckon he's a Croey!

bornadog
08-08-2016, 02:19 PM
reckon he's a Croey!

yeah, my error

ledge
08-08-2016, 02:49 PM
I rekon he is an Aussie, seriously unless your aboriginal you are from somewhere else !

ledge
08-08-2016, 02:51 PM
And just on that, the first sign of every Croat I've known has a box head (not saying it's bad). He just doesn't have one

Twodogs
08-08-2016, 03:15 PM
I rekon he is an Aussie, seriously unless your aboriginal you are from somewhere else !

Yep. Good point about us all being Aussie.

Apart from anything else he makes his living playing a game called Australian rules football!

The Doctor
08-08-2016, 03:16 PM
And just on that, the first sign of every Croat I've known has a box head (not saying it's bad). He just doesn't have one

nah thats the germans!

Twodogs
08-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Wait until Mantis reads this thread. Then we'll all be in strife.

bornadog
08-08-2016, 03:25 PM

Well GD asked about decent. Of course he is an Aussie

ledge
08-08-2016, 03:26 PM

What's new ?

ledge
08-08-2016, 03:35 PM

Well if he is German or Croat and has a box head I'm gone, but I did say there is nothing wrong with it in my defence.

Ghost Dog
08-08-2016, 04:04 PM

On his Twitter account he is all over the Croatian round ball team. Apologies Ledge, just the weird spelling of the name that throws me out, so I was curious. You are correct. He's Scray'lian.

Advance Scray'lian fair!

The Doctor
08-08-2016, 04:29 PM
On his Twitter account he is all over the Croatian round ball team. Apologies Ledge, just the weird spelling of the name that throws me out, so I was curious. You are correct. He's Scray'lian.

Advance Scray'lian fair!

Hrovat is like a variation of the word Hrvat, which is what the Cro's call themselves like we call ourselves Aussie.

ledge
08-08-2016, 04:43 PM

Advance Scray'lian fair!

Don't apologise all good.
I'm actually English that's worse over here !

Twodogs
08-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Hrovat is like a variation of the word Hrvat, which is what the Cro's call themselves like we call ourselves Aussie.

The word Croat derives from the word Hrovat.

The Doctor
08-08-2016, 07:02 PM
The word Croat derives from the word Hrovat.

and the French created the word cravat, for the article of clothing one usually wears around their necks, after seeing Croatians wearing them. They struggled with the annunciation of croat and came up with cravat

boydogs
12-08-2016, 07:20 PM
That would be Footscray premiership hero Jason Tutt. Long live that glorious shank of his from the boundary that somehow drifted through for a goal to give us the lead in the 2014 VFL Grand Final. It was one of the most glorious things I've ever seen on a football field.

That might be Howard's goal you're thinking of

westdog54
13-08-2016, 07:08 AM

That might be Howard's goal you're thinking of
Definitely Howard.

chef
13-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Wish he had of nailed that running shot in the last. Would have done wonders for his confidence. Looks a player and should play out the season.

SlimPickens
13-08-2016, 08:34 AM
Wish he had of nailed that running shot in the last. Would have done wonders for his confidence. Looks a player and should play out the season.

Thought he was once again very good last night. Surprised by how good a mark he is.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2016, 08:50 AM
Thought he was once again very good last night. Surprised by how good a mark he is.

Fair contested mark in the forward fifty wasn't it.

LostDoggy
13-08-2016, 09:57 AM

Was a good mark and a beautiful kick to advantage from Daniel to set it up.

1eyedog
13-08-2016, 10:24 AM

To be fair Varcoe is like a bowl of jelly when the ball is in the air.

The Rat was very, very good for us again last night and has a genuine chance to cement a spot in the finals.

bulldogtragic
13-08-2016, 11:19 AM
To be fair Varcoe is like a bowl of jelly when the ball is in the air.

The Rat was very, very good for us again last night and has a genuine chance to cement a spot in the finals.

I had him as my finals bolter. He's not a bolter anymore, he foot skills put him ahead of a fair few.

lemmon
13-08-2016, 04:41 PM
That first quarter play which started with the Suckling smother really sums up Hrovat for me. Just took the right option, executed and opened things up. We've really missed his efficiency going forward

FrediKanoute
13-08-2016, 04:55 PM
He is a smart footballer with silky skills. He has good goal sense and a good football brain. If there is a knock it's that he doesnt1 get the ball often enough.

comrade
13-08-2016, 06:14 PM
His smarts and clean disposal stand out like the proverbial.

Reckon he plays finals and if he stands up, give him an extension.

At the very least he has padded his trade value the last 2 weeks if we go down that route.

Bulldog Revolution
14-08-2016, 09:54 PM
He is a smart footballer with silky skills. He has good goal sense and a good football brain. If there is a knock it's that he doesnt1 get the ball often enough.

Agree Fredi, he is silky. Bevo commented on him dropping out of games in his presser. Surely with some continuity of fitness he will figure out how to stay involved and get more of it.

Dancin' Douggy
15-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Hrovat's clear thinking and neat skills really stood out to me.
I think he's a keeper, but his recent performances may have slid Honeychurch on to the trade table.

Bulldog4life
15-08-2016, 09:47 AM
Very happy the way Nathan has played last 2 matches. Gives us a difference with his class. His limited playing time throughout the season hasn't helped his fitness but as time goes on I think he will be involved in the play more often. He is a keeper and I wouldn't look at trading him. His best footy is yet to come. Especially after another solid preseason.

Mofra
15-08-2016, 09:48 AM
His ball use really stood out in the first half. If Caleb Daniel hadn't have developed so quickly we'd be lauding Hrovat as our midget hero.

craigsahibee
16-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Have only seen half of the Game against the Pies over the last month, but from that half of footy I was impressed by Hrovat. His decision making and execution was as good as anyone's on Friday night. Hope he realises what an opportunity he has over the next month and a bit.

bulldogtragic
21-08-2016, 08:19 PM
Career best 18 handballs, he's certainly getting himself involved since coming back. Looks a little quicker too. May his form continue and contract be offered/signed.

Ozza
21-08-2016, 08:55 PM
One of our smartest footballers and becoming one of our better users of the footy.
Really like what he is bringing the side.

comrade
21-08-2016, 08:56 PM
Locked in to a finals spot now, I reckon.

Ahead of Smith, Dunkley, & Webb now.

Ozza
21-08-2016, 09:08 PM
Locked in to a finals spot now, I reckon.

Ahead of Smith, Dunkley, & Webb now.

Agree, absolutely.