PDA

View Full Version : Brian lake - issued please explain!!

OLD SCRAGGer
13-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Hawthorn Football Club have told Brian Lake he needs to address the leadership Group tomorrow after being in police lock up for being intoxicated in a public place!!!

GVGjr
13-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Hawthorn Football Club have told Brian Lake he needs to address the leadership Group tomorrow after being in police lock up for being intoxicated in a public place!!!

Do you have a link or a source to confirm this?

bulldogtragic
13-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Do you have a link or a source to confirm this?
There is something on Facebook with a link to s statement fom the club, I haven't bothered to actually read it, I can if you like.

bulldogtragic
13-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Just did. Hawks website says he was issued with a penalty notice for being drunk in a public place. Doesn't mention arrest or detention.

Greystache
13-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Star Hawthorn recruit Brian Lake issued infringement notice after drinking heavily in Sorrento

HAWTHORN star Brian Lake's drunken antics have landed him in trouble with the police.The former Western Bulldog was fined $563 for being drunk in a public place outside a pub in Sorrento.He was leaving the pub with his wife when he was arrested and thrown in the slammer for four hours.In a statement the club said: “The club considers Lake’s conduct to be unprofessional and he will be required to address the leadership group tomorrow.”Lake, 30, was traded to the Hawks in a bold move to help Alastair Clarkson's side jag another premiership with their current squad.

The 197-game veteran joins an extraordinary list of players traded last off-season to face trouble with alcohol before playing a game with their new clubs.New Tiger Aaron Edwards was locked up after a boozy day just a day after North Melbourne traded him.Former Demons Ricky Petterd (now at Richmond) and Jared Rivers (Geelong) were also scrutinised after they were pictured drinking heavily on the opening day of the Boxing Day Test at the MCG.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/star-hawthorn-recruit-brian-lake-issed-infringement-notice-after-drinking-heavily-in-sorrento/story-e6frexx0-1226552981484

Sedat
13-01-2013, 03:26 PM
You don't get arrested for leaving a pub with your wife. He must have been smashed or rowdy and unruly with staff, or both.

bulldogtragic
13-01-2013, 03:27 PM
What's a 32yo married father doing getting so drunk he needs to be arrested and destined in lock up. Poor form.

Remi Moses
13-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Brian running his own race again?
Pretty poor form

AndrewP6
13-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Brian running his own race again?
Pretty poor form

I think we should wait for the whole story to come out before jumping to any conclusions.

Remi Moses
13-01-2013, 04:10 PM
I think we should wait for the whole story to come out before jumping to any conclusions.

If they arrested everyone for leaving a pub drunk, we'd need another 400 jails.
I'd hazard to guess there's a little more than meets the eye.

bulldogtragic
13-01-2013, 04:19 PM
The police members made the decision his behaviour warranted the most serious action, that of arrest and detention. It's not a decision that is taken lightly, so use your imagination why the police had no other option than to arrest and detain him. That's the story, lock, stock and barrel. Poor form full stop.

AndrewP6
13-01-2013, 04:35 PM
The police members made the decision his behaviour warranted the most serious action, that of arrest and detention. It's not a decision that is taken lightly, so use your imagination why the police had no other option than to arrest and detain him. That's the story, lock, stock and barrel. Poor form full stop.

I can quite easily imagine it started with someone giving him a hard time ( a disgruntled Bulldog supporter perhaps?) and escalated. Weve seen plenty of that sort of thing happen, both in and outside of the AFL. I'm not saying he did nothing, but getting drunk/arrested isn't exactly his prior form.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-01-2013, 04:48 PM
I can quite easily imagine it started with someone giving him a hard time ( a disgruntled Bulldog supporter perhaps?) and escalated. Weve seen plenty of hat sort of thing happen, oth in and outside of the AFL. I'm not saying he did nothing, but getting drunk/arrested isn't exactly his prior form.

Getting arrested isn't poor form?

Hawthorn (and every other AFL club) disagrees.

Not sure how his prior form has anything to do with his current form :P

AndrewP6
13-01-2013, 04:53 PM
Getting arrested isn't poor form?

Hawthorn (and every other AFL club) disagrees.

Not sure how his prior form has anything to do with his current form :P

I never said that, I said prior form. I also said "Im not saying he did nothing". The point I was making was, there is likely to be more to the story, and that he wasn't known for getting in trouble with police whilst at the Dogs. To be honest, I'm glad the Dogs don't have to deal with this issue - we've got enough to do.

bulldogtragic
13-01-2013, 06:02 PM
Channel 7 reports Lake and his wife were both arrested.

Throughandthrough
13-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Bloody south Australians

Scraggers
13-01-2013, 06:19 PM
bloody south australians

:) :) :)

comrade
13-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Channel 7 reports Lake and his wife were both arrested.

Any Twitter updates from inside the drunk tank?

bulldogtragic
13-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Any Twitter updates from inside the drunk tank?
Apparently he was told if he bumped any of the other drunks and they fell over he would be in trouble. You'd never know why he did next?

comrade
13-01-2013, 07:18 PM
He's pretty stiff to be honest.

He probably thought that given he's now at the Hawks any bad behaviour is to be swiftly swept under the rug so he let loose after a big day at the polo.

Unlucky, I say.

And good on him for getting the SO involved. The couple that strays together, stays together.

boydogs
13-01-2013, 10:50 PM
Apparently he was told if he bumped any of the other drunks and they fell over he would be in trouble. You'd never know why he did next?

Lol :o

Ghost Dog
13-01-2013, 11:11 PM
He's pretty stiff to be honest.

He probably thought that given he's now at the Hawks any bad behaviour is to be swiftly swept under the rug so he let loose after a big day at the polo.

Unlucky, I say.

And good on him for getting the SO involved. The couple that strays together, stays together.

What does SO stand for? Spouse?

AndrewP6
13-01-2013, 11:19 PM
What does SO stand for? Spouse?

Significant Other.

Ghost Dog
13-01-2013, 11:48 PM
Note how if you go out and get D.A.Disorderly, it doesn't look nearly as bad if your wife is on the pavement with you :D
It's almost like 'good on yerz!!'. One for the Lake family scrapbook.

The Hawks meanwhile, are probably more concerned about his carb / yeast intake.

Remi Moses
14-01-2013, 01:22 AM
At the polo as well
He really is now a Hawthorn type.
:p

LostDoggy
14-01-2013, 09:25 AM
At the polo as well
He really is now a Hawthorn type.
:p

Ha! Sorrento, and the polo! He is fitting in well at Hawthorn! Has he moved house I wonder? :D

LostDoggy
14-01-2013, 09:47 AM
The Age reports that the couple arrested were from Caroline Springs, so clearly he hasn't made the big move yet. That will clearly have to change if he's going to be fully accepted at the Hawks. He probably has one of the biggest houses in Caroline Springs. Which reminds me, when Ayce Cordy was doing those video's on player's houses he mentioned that there had been requests to see Lakes but it was being renovated at the time. Maybe he doesn't want to move due to his investment.

AndrewP6
14-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Ha! Sorrento, and the polo! He is fitting in well at Hawthorn! Has he moved house I wonder? :D

Still lives in Caroline Springs.

Remi Moses
14-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Even arrested , they're still the Family club:)

always right
14-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Never did like Lake. We only keep quality people.

LostDoggy
14-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Never did like Lake. We only keep quality people.

A good friend of mine was taken into lock up after the police drove past him just walking to the taxi rank after a big night. Insinuating that Brian isn't a quality person after this is way over the top.

Ghost Dog
14-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Polo is that %$##@# boring, Brian and his wife should be excused. It's what any of us would do to keep ourselves entertained.

immortalmike
14-01-2013, 05:57 PM

Early Post of the Year contender this.

On Lake, strange that a 32 year old man and his wife would put themselves in this situation. Sounds very dumb/immature.

KT31
14-01-2013, 06:17 PM

On Lake, strange that a 32 year old man and his wife would put themselves in this situation. Sounds very dumb/immature.

One of his famous Brain Fade's.
Hasn't harnessed the full true Hawks persona yet, if he had it would not have been the Amber Ale that has him in trouble.;)

always right
14-01-2013, 08:45 PM
A good friend of mine was taken into lock up after the police drove past him just walking to the taxi rank after a big night. Insinuating that Brian isn't a quality person after this is way over the top.

Perhaps I needed to include one of these:rolleyes::)

bulldogtragic
14-01-2013, 08:46 PM

Thanks Mike :)

jeemak
14-01-2013, 11:41 PM

I'm not sure how hammered you have to be to get picked up D&D, nor do I know how hammered Brian and his wife happened to be that night.

They weren't behind the wheel of a car as far as I know, and they weren't being disruptive or abusive either from the reports that I've read (and offered no resistance to arrest). Perhaps until some more information comes to light we hold off on the judgements?

Many of us have chosen to remove ourselves from situations due to having one or two too many drinks. Perhaps we were lucky not to have run into the police upon exiting the premises at the time.

bornadog
15-01-2013, 09:10 AM
I'm not sure how hammered you have to be to get picked up D&D, nor do I know how hammered Brian and his wife happened to be that night.

They weren't behind the wheel of a car as far as I know, and they weren't being disruptive or abusive either from the reports that I've read (and offered no resistance to arrest). Perhaps until some more information comes to light we hold off on the judgements?

Many of us have chosen to remove ourselves from situations due to having one or two too many drinks. Perhaps we were lucky not to have run into the police upon exiting the premises at the time.

Read in the paper something about shouting and yelling at the after party? The article didn't elaborate.

Bulldog4life
15-01-2013, 12:19 PM
The thing I found amusing is that Brian says he now has to earn the respect back from the Hawthorn players.Is he sure he really had it in the first place.He's only been there 5 minutes!

chef
15-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Heard today that he and his wife were fighting with each other when they got arrested.

AndrewP6
15-01-2013, 07:30 PM
Heard today that he and his wife were fighting with each other when they got arrested.

Yes that was reported in yesterday's media. But fighting verbally,not physically. That may have been behind the arrest, to stop it going further.

chef
15-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes that was reported in yesterday's media. But fighting verbally,not physically. That may have been behind the arrest, to stop it going further.

Yeah thats what I meant.

BornInDroopSt'54
15-01-2013, 07:59 PM

If I was a cop and a big brute like Brian was arguing forcefully with his wife in public, I'd intervene.

jeemak
15-01-2013, 10:55 PM
If I was a cop and a big brute like Brian was arguing forcefully with his wife in public, I'd intervene.

They might not have been arguing forcefully. Just groaning and dribbling at eachother would be enough to see them caged. Particularly on the Peninsula at this time of year.

Anyway, who's to say Brian was the brute in the situation?

Greystache
15-01-2013, 11:24 PM
They might not have been arguing forcefully. Just groaning and dribbling at eachother would be enough to see them caged. Particularly on the Peninsula at this time of year.

I suspect he may have meant Brian's physical size, 195cm and 104kg tends to lead to you receiving a bit of extra attention from the likes of security and police.

jeemak
15-01-2013, 11:31 PM
I suspect he may have meant Brian's physical size, 195cm and 104kg tends to lead to you receiving a bit of extra attention from the likes of security and police.

Fair enough. And tend to agree.

Though I've also seen situations late at night where a big fella is copping a lambasting from a less than pleased partner half their size, desperately needing protection!

Greystache
15-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Fair enough. And tend to agree.

Though I've also seen situations late at night where a big fella is copping a lambasting from a less than pleased partner half their size, desperately needing protection!

A situation I'm all too familiar with :p

jeemak
15-01-2013, 11:50 PM
A situation I'm all too familiar with :p

Battered Greystache Syndrome. Nasty stuff.

BornInDroopSt'54
16-01-2013, 12:16 PM

Yeh, I'd forgotten the "groaning and dribbling at each other" possibility. If I was a cop, I wouldn't let him off for that either.

LostDoggy
25-01-2013, 09:16 AM
What's a 32yo married father doing getting so drunk he needs to be arrested and destined in lock up. Poor form.

I doubt he had the kids along, parents are people too, and deserve a chance to let their hair down. Yeah, you hope you don't wind up in the lock-up, but if he wasn't playing you wouldn't begrudge him a drink with his wife.

It also means you get locked up just for being pissed, rather than for being pissed and angry, because nobody can handle your size and it's safer to let you sleep it off on the slab.

Source: Personal experience (I'm 6'4" and was a bit of a drinker in my youth). :)

BornInDroopSt'54
25-01-2013, 07:42 PM
I doubt he had the kids along, parents are people too, and deserve a chance to let their hair down. Yeah, you hope you don't wind up in the lock-up, but if he wasn't playing you wouldn't begrudge him a drink with his wife.

It also means you get locked up just for being pissed, rather than for being pissed and angry, because nobody can handle your size and it's safer to let you sleep it off on the slab.

Source: Personal experience (I'm 6'4" and was a bit of a drinker in my youth). :)

I'm 5'9'' and at the Bathurst motorcycle races was put in the slammer for having a leak in a bunch of trees but the police must have thought I may offend the Hells Angels and their friends so I saw the inside of a divvie van. They picked up a guy who was asleep next to the only toilets on site for being drunk and disorderly (maybe he should have crossed his legs?). He could have been Brian and his wife I suppose.