PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Franklin?

Remi Moses
02-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Wondering on people's thoughts on where he'll end up.
Worrying for Hawthorn , and Clarkson will be more prickly than ever when asked on a constant basis. Apparently offered 900to 1 mil a year to stay.
Reckon West Coast or Freo would be a show,and pie in the sky stuff be we'd have salary cap room.

Eastdog
02-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Worrying for Hawthorn , and Clarkson will be more prickly than ever when asked on a constant basis. Apparently offered 900to 1 mil a year to stay.
Reckon West Coast or Freo would be a show,and pie in the sky stuff be we'd have salary cap room.

Whoever offers him the most money but from what you said Remi Hawthorn offered him a lot of money and he hasn't signed on which is a surprise. The quality of Franklin would be a good fit for us up forward as we are lacking in that area.

LostDoggy
02-02-2013, 02:42 PM
We'd have to give up Griffin, Higgins and a 1st rounder to get him in trade and I'm still
not convinced on that type of deal based on the Judd outcome. Think WC are getting a better return/will do long term.

Sydney will most likely pop up at the end of the year and announce they have a lazy $2.5million
left in their bottomless salary cap...

bornadog
02-02-2013, 02:48 PM

If I was him, I would take the one million, he isn't going to get much more than that with another club, or even with the Hawks. You never know what happens in a year, he could be hit by a bus and never play again. A bird in the hand as they say.

AndrewP6
02-02-2013, 03:01 PM
West Coast for mine. No way we could afford him.

chef
02-02-2013, 03:28 PM
He'll be going home to WA.

Ghost Dog
02-02-2013, 03:29 PM
One day, a player like that will come up and we will be able to say ' we might not take him, but we could if we wanted to $$"

chef
02-02-2013, 03:30 PM
We'd have to give up Griffin, Higgins and a 1st rounder to get him in trade and I'm stillnot convinced on that type of deal based on the Judd outcome. Think WC are getting a better return/will do long term.

Sydney will most likely pop up at the end of the year and announce they have a lazy $2.5million
left in their bottomless salary cap...

Won't he be a FA?

Remi Moses
02-02-2013, 04:02 PM
He'll be going home to WA.

Think it will be Freo if anywhere.
His mate Wellingham has gone back, not great for Hawthorn.
Should run a poll on when Clarkson gets cranky on the issue.

AndrewP6
02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Won't he be a FA?

Restricted FA I believe.

Remi Moses
02-02-2013, 04:46 PM
West Coast for mine. No way we could afford him.

How could he get to the Eagles?
Kennedy and Darling in the side.
We have a truckload of salary cap room coming up .
Won't happen but we could afford him I'd think.

AndrewP6
02-02-2013, 05:35 PM
How could he get to the Eagles?
Kennedy and Darling in the side.
We have a truckload of salary cap room coming up .
Won't happen but we could afford him I'd think.

Pretty sure they'd make space for Buddy if he wants to go there.

Remi Moses
02-02-2013, 11:50 PM
More likely Freo.
Pav and Sandilands would be on the vets list.
Put in a massive bid for Cloke , so they've got the coin.

MrMahatma
03-02-2013, 12:49 AM
I hope he doesn't leave the hawks. Not sure why. I just like the mega stars to be one club players, even if not for us...

AndrewP6
03-02-2013, 12:57 AM
More likely Freo.
Pav and Sandilands would be on the vets list.
Put in a massive bid for Cloke , so they've got the coin.

Yep, fair call. Forgot Pav and Sandi are on the vets list.

SonofScray
03-02-2013, 10:14 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCBh-IzCEAA8FK1.jpg:large Doing the rounds on twitter :D

Ghost Dog
03-02-2013, 10:55 AM
I hope he doesn't leave the hawks. Not sure why. I just like the mega stars to be one club players, even if not for us...

Mahatma! I'm sure you are going to draw some flack for this, but I like the way you think....:)

DragzLS1
03-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Freeo has the money but I would think west coast would be more likely the preference if he was to choose. Imagine nic nat and Franklin, scary..

always right
04-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Can't see us being in any position to pay significantly more than what Hawthorn has offered.....and there would be no other reason for him to want to join us in preference to Hawthorn.

You would think this is more about him wanting to get back to WA rather than chasing more money. You wouldn't want to leave a club with serious premiership potential unless the coin was significantly greater elsewhere...and I'm not sure it would be a hell of a lot more than what Hawthorn have apparently offered.

bornadog
04-02-2013, 01:13 PM
Can't see us being in any position to pay significantly more than what Hawthorn has offered.....and there would be no other reason for him to want to join us in preference to Hawthorn.

You would think this is more about him wanting to get back to WA rather than chasing more money. You wouldn't want to leave a club with serious premiership potential unless the coin was significantly greater elsewhere...and I'm not sure it would be a hell of a lot more than what Hawthorn have apparently offered.

Caught up with my mate today who is a Hawthorn supporter and he feels this year is the last premiership opportunity with the current players, such as Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and even Buddy (expecting to lose him). Excited they have Lake at back so the spine looks pretty good.

Maddog37
04-02-2013, 02:27 PM
Would Buddy pass the quality people test?

LostDoggy
04-02-2013, 03:03 PM
If I remember right he elected to stay at Hawthorn during his last contract negotiation for a lower price to be part of the team, pushing for flags. I think he's just holding out for his right whack now. Similar to Brian's situation with us a few years back.

lemmon
04-02-2013, 03:52 PM

Realistically, would the best player in the league need to?

chef
04-02-2013, 05:00 PM

Does it matter?

immortalmike
04-02-2013, 05:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCBh-IzCEAA8FK1.jpg:large Doing the rounds on twitter :D

Slightly tongue in cheek question. Does Buddy fail the "no dickheads" policy?

Damn beaten to it.

DragzLS1
04-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Don't think Hawthorne will actually win the flag this year either. I hate to say it but I think the pies will be right up there again along with westcoast.

BulldogBelle
04-02-2013, 07:16 PM
I reckon they are as good a bet as any. At the cost of some good depth they have fixed their biggest problem - a high quality gorilla FB.

If they get this flag, Franklin might deem himself to have done enough for Hawthorn.

Twodogs
05-02-2013, 12:57 PM
How funny would it be if Buddy went to another club and Hawthorn decided that Brian Lake could play forward for the last two years of his contract?

LostDoggy
05-02-2013, 03:46 PM
How funny would it be if Buddy went to another club and Hawthorn decided that Brian Lake could play forward for the last two years of his contract?

Funnier if he came here.

Twodogs
05-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Funnier if he came here.
Pleaae God. If you exist make it happen!

That would be awesome for so many reasons.

LostDoggy
05-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Pleaae God. If you exist make it happen!

That would be awesome for so many reasons.

Sorry mate, but if God does exist, well, I don't think he's all too fond of us.

bornadog
05-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Realistically, would the best player in the league need to?

Dane Swan says hello

Twodogs
05-02-2013, 09:32 PM

Sadly a good point.

strebla
06-02-2013, 12:53 PM

Bloody Collingwood supporters :p

LostDoggy
06-02-2013, 03:12 PM
His mate Wellingham has gone back, not great for Hawthorn.

My thoughts exactly.