PDA

View Full Version : The best Easter Present Ever. HOPE!

mjp
31-03-2013, 01:41 PM
Just a big thanks to the footy club for yesterday.

I was off at a WAFL colts game and turned the radio on with a great deal of trepidation as I drove away. We were up and playing well...much to the surprise of the commentators it has to be said. I turned it off, went back to work for a couple of hours before going home to watch the game. Fantastic.

18 goals! 18! It was taking us a month of games to kick that many at the end of 2012. Hard running - ball movement from the backline that made us look like a team with a plan. Young players who look competent, old players who look like they made the right decision to continue playing...

Round 1 2013 will live long in my memory. Go Dogs.

boydogs
31-03-2013, 02:03 PM
18 goals! 18!

19 mate :D

Go_Dogs
31-03-2013, 02:05 PM
Top post mjp, it was a great day. I love this club.

Eastdog
31-03-2013, 03:37 PM
First game as a Bulldogs member and could not have been more happier. We played for each other and were relentless right from the start. Lets hope we back it up again next week.

lemmon
31-03-2013, 04:09 PM
First game as a Bulldogs member and could not have been more happier. We played for each other and were relentless right from the start. Lets hope we back it up again next week.

Perhaps you're the lucky charm ;)

LongWait
31-03-2013, 04:19 PM

Let's hope you see many, many more performances like yesterday's.

Congrats on becoming a member Eastdog. Kudos!

Eastdog
31-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Perhaps you're the lucky charm ;)

Yeah to all the Bulldogs games I've been to before yesterday we have won every time. That's not including NAB Cup.

lemmon
31-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Just from a structure type base, what were the real things you noticed MJP if I may ask? Was super impressed with the work of the forwards, Jones and Cordy didn't have big games but contested and were accountable while we always seemed to have blokes at the fall of the ball. Super impressed with our spread going forward as well, seemed to have a lot of blokes running forward toward goal on the rebound.

Where did the changes come from?

LostDoggy
31-03-2013, 05:20 PM
Great post! So wonderful to have hope after round 1! Let's hope it's a sign of things to come in 2013 :D

GVGjr
31-03-2013, 07:05 PM
Across the park there were things we should be impressed by.

The return of Cooney and Morris
The form of the veterans in Murphy, Giansiracusa and Cross especially considering Boyd was out
The way Roughead has embraced his new role
The introduction of 4 recruits in Lower, Goodes, Stevens and Young
The ongoing development of Liberatore, Wallis, Johannisen and Smith

Plenty of work to do but we now have some hope as well.

The Bulldogs Bite
31-03-2013, 07:28 PM
It was one of the most enjoyable games I've been to in a long, long time.

Greystache
31-03-2013, 07:44 PM
It was one of the most enjoyable games I've been to in a long, long time.

Me too, the style of play screamed finals footy. If we can continue to pay like that and develop our younger payers then we could be in for an exciting ride the next few years.

Ghost Dog
31-03-2013, 08:27 PM
The best thing was for me, we knew they were going to come at us, and just kept our foot on their throats. There was a gap on the scoreboard, but we ignored it.

angelopetraglia
31-03-2013, 08:58 PM
Real hope. We had 13 players yesterday with less than 50 games. There is a lot of upside with most of those players.

MrMahatma
31-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Like the lions game a few years back that was like a coming of age for a few of the previous generation.

Some very good signs.

bulldogtragic
18-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Remember how we all felt. Seems like last season.

What has happened???

I'd kill for that feeling back right now.