PDA

View Full Version : Good pub to watch tomorrow's Adelaide game?

PedroArvy
20-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Can anyone recommend a pub near Williamstown/Footscray to watch tomorrow's game?
Big fat screen with a clear view is what I am looking for.

jazzadogs
21-04-2013, 12:15 AM
I think the club is opening up the Pound, at Whitten Oval, with a big screen. Not sure if you can get beers there though??

AndrewP6
21-04-2013, 12:58 AM
I think the club is opening up the Pound, at Whitten Oval, with a big screen. Not sure if you can get beers there though??

Yes, The Pound is fully licensed. They're closed on Sunday, yet their website says "live screening of all Bulldog games"...:confused:

chef
21-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Wish I was at a pub after watching that game.

PedroArvy
21-04-2013, 07:55 PM
I went to four pubs before getting to The Pound, all of them named here (http://melbournepubculture.com/opinionpieces/the-best-pub-to-watch-your-team-part-3-western-bulldogs-carlton-melbourne/). All lacked atmosphere and a decent sized screen.

Eastdog
21-04-2013, 08:18 PM
I went to four pubs before getting to The Pound, all of them named here (http://melbournepubculture.com/opinionpieces/the-best-pub-to-watch-your-team-part-3-western-bulldogs-carlton-melbourne/). All lacked atmosphere and a decent sized screen.

How was the Pound Cafe PedroArvy? I'm sure it was very somber there today.

LostDoggy
21-04-2013, 08:19 PM
One without a tv screen would have been good today.

Mofra
21-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Any with hard liquer

PedroArvy
21-04-2013, 08:38 PM
You can get a drink at the Pound which was nice plus there were 2 TV's and a mega screen. The mega screen is viewed against the daylight outside making it hard to see until things got darker.

There were a lot of shouts and clapping when we got a goal and some depressed people at the end of the game. Macrae and Stinger's efforts went down well too. Plus there was a quiz at each break that was fun.

It's a good place to watch a Bulldogs game and I'll cross town to do that again next interstate game.

Eastdog
21-04-2013, 08:42 PM
You can get a drink at the Pound which was nice plus there were 2 TV's and a mega screen. The mega screen is viewed against the daylight outside making it hard to see until things got darker.

There were a lot of shouts and clapping when we got a goal and some depressed people at the end of the game. Macrae and Stinger's efforts went down well too. Plus there was a quiz at each break that was fun.

It's a good place to watch a Bulldogs game and I'll cross town to do that again next interstate game.

Sounds good PA. I'm prefer watching the match from my lounge room but each to there own I say.