PDA

View Full Version : Round 6 - Other Matches

Eastdog
02-05-2013, 08:22 PM
All Discussion of the other matches in Round 6

Starts tomorrow night at Etihad with Pies taking on the Saints

Eastdog
03-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Tipped the Pies tonight by 28. Think they'll have enough. St. Kilda are struggling.

Remi Moses
03-05-2013, 11:51 PM
About what everyone expected. Stkilda plucky and competitive.
Pies still struggling for mine, they turn on the intensity and them relax.
Thomas played his best game for the season.
Riewoldt's carrying that forward line, the loss of Hayes massive.
Good news for Stkilda is Kosi will get a holiday.
Dal Santo was awful, even after Watters put it to him.
Jack Steven and Armitage look good players. Collingwood have to work on their clearance work

bornadog
03-05-2013, 11:52 PM
About what everyone expected. Stkilda plucky and competitive.
Pies still struggling for mine, they turn on the intensity and them relax.
Thomas played his best game for the season.
Riewoldt's carrying that forward line, the loss of Hayes massive.
Good news for Stkilda is Kosi will get a holiday.
Dal Santo was awful, even after Watters put it to him.
Jack Steven and Armitage look good players. Collingwood have to work on their clearance work

How good has Riewoldt been through out his career. The amount of running he does up and down the ground is amazing.

Remi Moses
04-05-2013, 12:11 AM
How good has Riewoldt been through out his career. The amount of running he does up and down the ground is amazing.

I've always wondered how good he'd be as an Olympic runner?
The only problem is with his propensity to fall over with any contact he'd struggle.
Thought the pies got selection wrong with to many talls, as they needed more run from the start.

Remi Moses
04-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Tipped the Pies tonight by 28. Think they'll have enough. St. Kilda are struggling.

Pretty sure Scott Watters said late last year they were going to take the competition " Buy Storm":rolleyes:
Now they're " regenerating " not rebuilding . Hope they're not having a "Refresh":p

Eastdog
04-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Pretty sure Scott Watters said late last year they were going to take the competition " Buy Storm":rolleyes:
Now they're " regenerating " not rebuilding . Hope they're not having a "Refresh":p

Would you say Remi that in our development of youngsters that we are slightly ahead of St. Kilda.

bornadog
04-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Would you say Remi that in our development of youngsters that we are slightly ahead of St. Kilda.

Saints biggest problem is that they have 11 players that are 29 yrs plus compared to our 6. Of their 11, 2 are 33, another 32, 3 about to turn 31. Of our 6, 4 are about to turn 31.

They have a huge issue with their 11 older players that need replacing.

Remi Moses
04-05-2013, 02:07 PM

I think we're ahead of them. Their senior group runs deeper than ours, and they have Riewoldt.
I'm confused and I think they still think they're in denial. Juggernaut late last year to regenerate ( not rebuild) it just sends out mixed messages

Eastdog
04-05-2013, 02:31 PM
I think we're ahead of them. Their senior group runs deeper than ours, and they have Riewoldt.
I'm confused and I think they still think they're in denial. Juggernaut late last year to regenerate ( not rebuild) it just sends out mixed messages

We have been down before and have risen up so I expect that to happen for us again. St. Kilda need a rebuild rather than refresh. If we played them right now I reckon we could win.

Remi Moses
04-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Just saw some of the GWS Bombres.
Wouldn't be penciling in a win against the giants.

wimberga
04-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Just saw some of the GWS Bombres.
Wouldn't be penciling in a win against the giants.

Intriguing game isn't it? Sometimes games like these remind me that at AFL level, the biggest factor can be confidence, and right now, GWS are playing with tonnes of it.

Bulldog4life
04-05-2013, 03:59 PM
I am enjoying seeing Essendon getting spanked so far. Yet they still got clapped off down the race from some of their supporters at half time. Very strange.

1eyedog
04-05-2013, 05:26 PM
I am enjoying seeing Essendon getting spanked so far. Yet they still got clapped off down the race from some of their supporters at half time. Very strange.

They're trying to show solidarity against the football world.

Remi Moses
04-05-2013, 05:55 PM
A couple of pre seasons and they're going to be doing some serious pantsing.

Remi Moses
04-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Hawks over a gallant Crow outfit
Buddy and Roughy hardly got going and Hawks win.
Hawthorn just a bit more run and the Crows rely heavily on Dangerfield.

Eastdog
04-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Port get their first loss of the year losing to North by 10 points.

Bulldog Revolution
04-05-2013, 10:29 PM
We have been down before and have risen up so I expect that to happen for us again. St. Kilda need a rebuild rather than refresh. If we played them right now I reckon we could win.

I'd hope you were right, but they have consistently beaten us for years,

I guess we hope that biting the bullet and blooding roughie, jones, cordy etc will pay off long term

Eastdog
04-05-2013, 11:22 PM
Geelong undefeated and are still are force to be reckoned with. They just haven't dropped off.

bornadog
05-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Geelong undefeated and are still are force to be reckoned with. They just haven't dropped off.

Big one next Friday against the Bumbers

Eastdog
05-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Big one next Friday against the Bumbers

Yeah that will be the match of round 7 with both still undefeated.

Remi Moses
05-05-2013, 01:59 AM
Richmond completely lost their discipline at the worst time.
Pretty good in the first half . Geelong stood up again when counted, and no more excuses for Richmond.
The amount of games in that list they should be doing better.

Topdog
05-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Yeah that will be the match of round 7 with both still undefeated.

It will be interesting. I expect Bombers to win as it means more to them. If it were September Bombers would have no chance.

Topdog
05-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Richmond completely lost their discipline at the worst time.
Pretty good in the first half . Geelong stood up again when counted, and no more excuses for Richmond.
The amount of games in that list they should be doing better.

Ding ding. For all the hype they are 3-0 against teams that didnt make the 8 last year and 0-3 against teams that did.

Remi Moses
05-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Ding ding. For all the hype they are 3-0 against teams that didnt make the 8 last year and 0-3 against teams that did.

They get mollycoddled in the media as well.
They're to one way