PDA

View Full Version : Pack your bags McCartney...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

azabob
09-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Let's expose this Brandan character and then off with his head.

Wash my mouth out... I made that error.

Surely BMAC stays.

The Doctor
09-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Tony Sheahan (a Sydney Jurno) tweeted at 8.48pm tonight

"@westernbulldogs coach Brendan McCartney's position as senior coach maybe untenable by end of tonight. Rumours swirling he will be outsed"

please, for the sake of our club

Stefcep
09-10-2014, 10:31 PM
I'll just chime in and make one point.

For a club with a single premiership we do have more than our share of players with lots of games (think 300 gamers) to their names.

Therein lies the problem. We are a club where the loyalty to the players comes first.

Successful clubs aren't afraid to cut club champions loose.

This could be one of those moments where we need to do that.

azabob
09-10-2014, 10:42 PM

Who would you like to see coach us? If the board removed McCartney I can't see MarkThompson coaching us.

F'scary
09-10-2014, 10:44 PM
I am starting to think that McCartney might be a genius. Stick with him.

bornadog
09-10-2014, 10:47 PM
Rhode won 4.5 games and 5 games.

McCartney's won 5, 8, and 7.

Are you going just going to make stuff up to sound dramatic?

was meant to have a laughing face but didn't work on my iphone - I am not that stupid.

bornadog
09-10-2014, 10:48 PM
duplicate

bornadog
09-10-2014, 10:51 PM
In which respect?

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/tc-western-bulldogs

Sorry Jeemak, I was at Brisbane Airport and tried to put in an emoticon but didn't work.

jeemak
09-10-2014, 10:52 PM
You're all over the shop mate. Duplicated posts, emoticons lacking.......pull yourself together BAD!

always right
09-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Tony Sheahan (a Sydney Jurno) tweeted at 8.48pm tonight

"@westernbulldogs coach Brendan McCartney's position as senior coach maybe untenable by end of tonight. Rumours swirling he will be outsed"
If he is outsed (sic) we need to be prepared for a number of his assistants to walk.

whythelongface
09-10-2014, 10:56 PM

I just can't see that happening. I may be completely wrong and he may be gone but just can't see it. There is obviously a crisis internally, in particular it seems with senior players (and players that feel that they are owed games) but by removing a coach it would create turmoil for the club. It would literally mean that the administration has neither faith in the coaches nor the playing personnel. There certainly wouldn't be a whole heap of suitors knocking the door down wanting to coach our team either.

Whether we like it or not we are stuck with McCartney and have faith in where he is leading us.

bornadog
09-10-2014, 10:57 PM
You're all over the shop mate. Duplicated posts, emoticons lacking.......pull yourself together BAD!

To me its not just Griffen versus Macca. There are problems and they seemingly are not being addressed. We are happy for Jones, Higgins Cooney Griffen to go yet we are also trying to trade for a 30 year old. We know other players are also not happy.

We are a laughing stock at the moment and players about to be drafted must be thinking, boy please don't pick me.

My concern is if this continues what are the ramifications for the younger players.

comrade
09-10-2014, 10:59 PM
To me its not just Griffen versus Macca. There are problems and they seemingly are not being addressed. We are happy for Jones, Higgins Cooney Griffen to go yet we are also trying to trade for a 30 year old. We know other players are also not happy.

We are a laughing stock at the moment and players about to be drafted must be thinking, boy please don't pick me.

My concern is if this continues what are the ramifications for the younger players.

If the rumours are true, the younger blokes are probably thinking 'thank f*** these old prima donnas are leaving'.

The Underdog
09-10-2014, 11:00 PM

They miss out on some poor leadership and take on the responsibility themselves?

bornadog
09-10-2014, 11:00 PM
If the rumours are true, the younger blokes are probably thinking 'thank f*** these old prima donnas are leaving'.

You really believe that.

whythelongface
09-10-2014, 11:04 PM

That is the biggest concern out of all this. What we need now is leadership from some of our elder statesmen in Murph and Morris and Boyd and gather the remaining pack and talk to the players about their concerns. What we don't want to see is one of the required younger players looking for a trade.

jeemak
09-10-2014, 11:05 PM

There's definitely more to it than that. There are plenty of rumours flying around at present, with the prevailing message coming forth being we have a senior group of players who believe they know better than those employed to teach and guide them. None of these senior players mind you have been a part of a successful organisation throughout their careers, while those guiding them have.

I won't be surprised if the club sacks McCartney. I will be disappointed, but not surprised.

In the meantime I want to see the back of Minson and Cooney, particularly if the coach does get sacked. If we are going to sweep the place clean, we need them to go as well.

With respect to the younger players, I think they'll move on pretty quickly, whilst I don't think any potential draftee will have an issue with coming to the Bulldogs either. Once this is done, that will be it.

Remi Moses
09-10-2014, 11:07 PM
They miss out on some poor leadership and take on the responsibility themselves?

Exactly. If there is a discord between the senior guys and the young blokes then it's important to rid the disease

bornadog
09-10-2014, 11:21 PM
There's definitely more to it than that. There are plenty of rumours flying around at present, with the prevailing message coming forth being we have a senior group of players who believe they know better than those employed to teach and guide them. None of these senior players mind you have been a part of a successful organisation throughout their careers, while those guiding them have.

I won't be surprised if the club sacks McCartney. I will be disappointed, but not surprised.

In the meantime I want to see the back of Minson and Cooney, particularly if the coach does get sacked. If we are going to sweep the place clean, we need them to go as well.

With respect to the younger players, I think they'll move on pretty quickly, whilst I don't think any potential draftee will have an issue with coming to the Bulldogs either. Once this is done, that will be it.

I don't believe this for one minute. I think there must be other issues.

HOSE B ROMERO
09-10-2014, 11:30 PM
Let's expose this Brandan character and then off with his head.

Ha, Ha, love it Doc!

westdog54
09-10-2014, 11:31 PM
This situation tells me that players prepared to work hard, put the team first, take on feedback, do what is asked of them and listen to instructions will be supported by the coach. There are 17 other clubs left for everyone else.

It also tells me that PG had learned from history and won't allow players to undermine the coaching staff.

Greystache
09-10-2014, 11:32 PM

Correct. Plus they won't have to justify their place in the world before a senior player will give them the time of day. It must be especially galling when those players have done 2/3rds of F all in terms of successs themselves. Some of the senior players have massive opinions on their worth, yet we had to throw the captaincy to a bloke that didn't want it because the alternatives were so atrocious. Obviously that fact was lost of some of them.

Cooney will go, Minson is a strong chance too, if we had of not resigned Boyd we'd be ready to start making a push. Chances are if he's playing reserves next season (and he should) he'll be kicking up a stink and be giving the media amnuition.

If we want to see what a good leader of young men looks like you don't have to look any harder than Jordan Russell this season at Footscray, it would be a positive move to give him another go IMO.

bornadog
10-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Correct. Plus they won't have to justify their place in the world before a senior player will give them the time of day. It must be especially galling when those players have done 2/3rds of F all in terms of successs themselves. Some of the senior players have massive opinions on their worth, yet we had to throw the captaincy to a bloke that didn't want it because the alternatives were so atrocious. Obviously that fact was lost of some of them.

Cooney will go, Minson is a strong chance too, if we had of not resigned Boyd we'd be ready to start making a push. Chances are if he's playing reserves next season (and he should) he'll be kicking up a stink and be giving the media amnuition.

If we want to see what a good leader of young men looks like you don't have to look any harder than Jordan Russell this season at Footscray, it would be a positive move to give him another go IMO.

We are heading down the same path as Melbourne. They thought they could change the club and look where they have been for the last 10 years. Lots of early draft picks, no senior players and crap coach. That is exactly where we are headed.

F'scary
10-10-2014, 12:08 AM
We are heading down the same path as Melbourne. They thought they could change the club and look where they have been for the last 10 years. Lots of early draft picks, no senior players and crap coach. That is exactly where we are headed.

You forgot their crap supporters. The missing ingredient that refutes your argument.

The Bulldogs Bite
10-10-2014, 12:08 AM

No, Melbourne are where they are because they drafted crap, recruited crap, hired dud coaches and couldn't develop players.

bornadog
10-10-2014, 12:09 AM
You forgot their crap supporters. The missing ingredient that refutes your argument.

That is true.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2014, 12:13 AM
surprised the Internet hasn't broken down from WOOF activity. I can only imagine the other site.

LostDoggy
10-10-2014, 12:19 AM
surprised the Internet hasn't broken down from WOOF activity. I can only imagine the other site.

Was trying to find the thread about WOOF not being as active now days and the possibility of it being shut down if it didn't pick up.

Griffen has single handily saved WOOF!

bulldogtragic
10-10-2014, 12:21 AM
Was trying to find the thread about WOOF not being as active now days and the possibility of it being shut down if it didn't pick up.

Griffen has single handily saved WOOF!

Taking a bullet for the mods. It all makes sense now.

bornadog
10-10-2014, 12:23 AM
No, Melbourne are where they are because they drafted crap, recruited crap, hired dud coaches and couldn't develop players.

True, but same end result - bottom club for years to come.

Twodogs
10-10-2014, 12:32 AM
Taking a bullet for the mods. It all makes sense now.

WOOF seized control of the club while PG was overseas. It wasn't hard. Simon Garlick had been left behind to look after things and accidentally locked himself in a cupboard.

Sedat
10-10-2014, 12:34 AM
You are underestimating the talent and impact of our U-22's - 7 of these finished top 13 in the B&F. Melbourne has never had such a talented core of youth leading the way at their club.

bornadog
10-10-2014, 12:36 AM
You are underestimating the talent and impact of our U-22's - 7 of these finished top 13 in the B&F. Melbourne has never had such a talented core of youth leading the way at their club.
You still need your senior players to lead you. Have a look at GWS and GC, they have te best talent in the and but need experience. You can't just get rid of everyone.

F'scary
10-10-2014, 12:42 AM
You still need your senior players to lead you. Have a look at GWS and GC, they have te best talent in the and but need experience. You can't just get rid of everyone.

We wouldn't have been able to beat either of them once next year with the list we fielded this season.

bulldogtragic
10-10-2014, 12:56 AM
WOOF seized control of the club while PG was overseas. It wasn't hard. Simon Garlick had been left behind to look after things and accidentally locked himself in a cupboard.

So I take it he's still in there?

hujsh
10-10-2014, 01:13 AM
duplicate

when you edit posts there's an option to delete them now.

F'scary
10-10-2014, 01:17 AM
So fair and foul a day I have not seen. Let's see what tomorrow holds. Good night.

Remi Moses
10-10-2014, 01:42 AM

Just a reminder with those senior players we finished 14th
It's a misnomer that we're losing all experienced players

chef
10-10-2014, 07:31 AM

No it's not, if we keep drafting well and developing well we are more likely to end up like Port than Melbourne.

soupman
10-10-2014, 09:46 AM

Yeah nah.

The improvement next year was going to come from the young guys anyway, Griffen is the only one of the senior guys (excluding Morris and Murphy who at this stage appear to be ok to stay touch wood) who is actually a considerable loss to the side.

Minson can be replaced by a combo of Roughead, Campbell, Cordy and possibly a cheap ruck recruit. Cooney is a passenger 2/3 weeks. Higgins is decent but nothing great. Jones didn't even get a game when we were shit. Tutt is a borderline delisting.

I think next year we may agains stagnate slightly but after that we will push onwards and upwards, especially if we can snag someone like Boyd or WHE from GWS.

westdog54
10-10-2014, 12:50 PM
I hope the dissidents are happy. You've got exactly what you wanted.

Unfortunately for the rest of us the club is now officially up the shit.

So, yeah, congratulations.

chef
10-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Yay, the tail now officially wags the dog.

Hope you're happy Ryan.

EasternWest
10-10-2014, 01:13 PM
I hope the dissidents are happy. You've got exactly what you wanted.

Unfortunately for the rest of us the club is now officially up the shit.

So, yeah, congratulations.

Give it a spell mate.

I wanted McCartney to stay too, but your post is juvenile.

Other people with other opinions have every right to express them, especially on a forum.

As a mod you should be better than this.

westdog54
10-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Give it a spell mate.

I wanted McCartney to stay too, but your post is juvenile.

Other people with other opinions have every right to express them, especially on a forum.

As a mod you should be better than this.

I agree with you.

My opinion is that the dissidents have got their way, and that the club will be up the shit as a result.

I'm unhappy about it.

You want to call my moderating into question, do it via PM or via admin.

EasternWest
10-10-2014, 01:26 PM
I agree with you.

My opinion is that the dissidents have got their way, and that the club will be up the shit as a result.

I'm unhappy about it.

You want to call my moderating into question, do it via PM or via admin.

Interesting you say that.

I tried to PM you recently and it got rejected as your inbox was full. I then addressed you directly on the forum about it and you didn't bother to respond.

I don't really care about your moderating or anyone else's for that matter - but if you're expected to act as some kind of moral arbiter then I think it's fair to expect some restraint.

I sympathise with being unhappy about it. I am too. But let's focus our ire where it belongs and not on those who just have different ideas to us.

westdog54
10-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Interesting you say that.

I tried to PM you recently and it got rejected as your inbox was full. I then addressed you directly on the forum about it and you didn't bother to respond.

I don't really care about your moderating or anyone else's for that matter - but if you're expected to act as some kind of moral arbiter then I think it's fair to expect some restraint.

I sympathise with being unhappy about it. I am too. But let's focus our ire where it belongs and not on those who just have different ideas to us.

My inbox is not full. I'll speak to GVG, may be a technical glitch.

As for your idea that I didn't respond, I think you'll find I replied to your post.

I'll say no more on the matter.

EasternWest
10-10-2014, 01:42 PM
My inbox is not full. I'll speak to GVG, may be a technical glitch.

As for your idea that I didn't respond, I think you'll find I replied to your post.

I'll say no more on the matter.

Since switching to the new format I can't go far enough back in my post history to verify that. If you're able to point it out I'd appreciate that as I'd still like to know what you replied.

hujsh
10-10-2014, 04:17 PM
If this is to satisfy cozy senior players then it's no good. If young players like Dahl were seriously looking at leaving because of Macca then he probably had to go.

BulldogBelle
10-10-2014, 04:20 PM
If this is to satisfy cozy senior players then it's no good. If young players like Dahl were seriously looking at leaving because of Macca then he probably had to go.

l think this a very relevant point. If the young players started to complain he had to go. But will we ever really know?

LostDoggy
10-10-2014, 04:31 PM
l think this a very relevant point. If the young players started to complain he had to go. But will we ever really know?

I think we have a right to know what happened. After all we are the members, this is as much our club as any player coach or administrator.

Daughter of the West
10-10-2014, 04:35 PM

I agree with this line of thinking completely, but the way this has all been executed - from Griff to the board to Macca - has been a debacle of the highest order. THE highest order. We currently look like a bunch of tail chasing numpties.

bornadog
10-10-2014, 04:36 PM
I agree with this line of thinking completely, but the way this has all been executed - from Griff to the board to Macca - has been a debacle of the highest order. THE highest order. We currently look like a bunch of tail chasing numpties.

so nothing has changed in 130 years of existence :D

bulldogtragic
10-10-2014, 11:09 PM
I guess the thread poster was right, just 17 months early. As a principle of equity, Garry Lyon was smashed by Melbourne people for the Neeld selection. Some scrutiny of those who appointed the now failed/sacked need some attention, especially if they want to do it again.