PDA

View Full Version : Coach's Office reviews

Bulldog Joe
28-05-2013, 03:53 PM
I have not yet had a look at the Koby Stevens review from the Saints game, but it is obvious to all of us that Koby put in a great effort.

As a dedicated supporter (my family consider it more religious fanatacism), what I really want to see is some things they learn about players, who may not have had great games.

From the St Kilda game I would love to see something on Liam Jones and what teaching they would be doing from his efforts.

The commentators were critical of his work rate and most were surprised that he was not subbed out.

However, Liam contributed strongly in the last with deft taps to Gia as well as the mark and goal. To me this would be great to highlight, how a player can still contribute on a dirty day. It would be terrific to see how they would use that to push the importance of continuing to put in regardless.

boydogs
28-05-2013, 11:23 PM
I made the same point a few weeks ago in one of the review threads, but it was pointed out to me that airing a player's struggles in public may not be best for the player, or our marketing

Bulldog Joe
28-05-2013, 11:39 PM
I made the same point a few weeks ago in one of the review threads, but it was pointed out to me that airing a player's struggles in public may not be best for the player, or our marketing

I don't see it that way.

The point I made about Jones is that he was able to contribute and using that is a positive. Surely they would also be talking to him about how he could improve overall and that would be a great insight.

We could also have some things highlighted that show where Jones was perhaps doing what was expected even though he had no reward at the time.

jeemak
29-05-2013, 01:29 AM
I get what you're saying BJ. But couldn't focussing on a player that had a so so game, also end up being filled with fluff about certain acts on the ground that should be considered standard, but the only positives the player brought to the game?

For mine, there's often references pertaining to areas of improvement in these reviews.

Twodogs
29-05-2013, 02:28 AM
I get what you're saying BJ. But couldn't focussing on a player that had a so so game, also end up being filled with fluff about certain acts on the ground that should be considered standard, but the only positives the player brought to the game?

For mine, there's often references pertaining to areas of improvement in these reviews.

It was a soso game but he stuck at it and ended up taking a mark on the lead and kicked the sealer. A report pointing out that it's never too late to make a mark on a game would be an interesting read.

They coulld.redact any mention of continually under the ball and stuff

jeemak
29-05-2013, 02:35 AM
It was a soso game but he stuck at it and ended up taking a mark on the lead and kicked the sealer. A report pointing out that it's never too late to make a mark on a game would be an interesting read.

They coulld.redact any mention of continually under the ball and stuff

Agree wholeheartedly. Just pointing out that it doesn't really matter which type of player performance the club decides to focus on. There's always a few sides to a players performance week in, week out. The club has decided to focus on the solid performers, probably for the ease in getting a message across, and that's fair enough.