PDA

View Full Version : Round 14 - Other Matches

Eastdog
27-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Round 14 Fixture

Thursday June 27 Venue AEST Local TV (Vic)

West Coast v Essendon Patersons Stadium 8.10pm 6.10pm SEVEN

Friday June 28 Venue AEST Local TV (Vic)

Sydney v Carlton SCG 7.50pm 7.50pm SEVEN

Saturday, June 29 Venue AEST Local TV (Vic)

Gold Coast v Adelaide Metricon Stadium 1.40pm 1.40pm FOX

Port Adelaide v Collingwood AAMI Stadium 4.40pm 4.10pm FOX

Melbourne v Western Bulldogs MCG 7.40pm 7.40pm FOX

Geelong v Fremantle Simonds Stadium 7.40pm 7.40pm SEVEN

Sunday June 30 Venue AEST Local TV (Vic)

Hawthorn v Brisbane Aurora Stadium, Launceston 1.10pm 1.10pm FOX

North Melbourne v GWS Giants Etihad Stadium 3.15pm 3.15pm SEVEN

Richmond v St Kilda MCG 4.40pm 4.40pm FOX

Remi Moses
27-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Very noticeable West Coast need more run through the middle and better kicks.
Probably should be further in front .

bulldogtragic
27-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Watson got the final laugh over the crowd.

A little teary.

SonofScray
28-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Amazing how Essendon seem to have swung the whole doping scandal around into a heroic 'stickin' to the man,' type of Disney sports film like defiance. Media are fapping about how respectable they are, celebrating the triumph of a team accused of cheating to win, for winning.

It'll come out in the wash, but it is all a bit backwards for me at the moment.

Remi Moses
28-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Gotta say its all pretty hollow.
Any other sports and Watson would be stood down.

Sedat
28-06-2013, 08:38 AM
The Bombers sure can run games out stronger than their opponents. They had a real pep in their step in the last qtr.

Daughter of the West
28-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Amazing how Essendon seem to have swung the whole doping scandal around into a heroic 'stickin' to the man,' type of Disney sports film like defiance. Media are fapping about how respectable they are, celebrating the triumph of a team accused of cheating to win, for winning.

My facebook feed was full of Essendon fans demanding that Weagles fans should show Watson "respect" and how the Bombers "stuck it to them". Ummmm, kids, he cheated, no respect to be earned there... :rolleyes:

Go_Dogs
28-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Was a very enjoyable game last night, WCE now have a huge challenge to make finals and Bombers in a great position to push for top 4.

Maddog37
28-06-2013, 02:44 PM

Listening to Darcy and Richo gush about Watson was embarrassing.

comrade
28-06-2013, 03:16 PM

Probably massive Lance Armstrong fans, too.

The Underdog
28-06-2013, 05:11 PM

I loved Darcy going on about the presumption of innocence for Jobe...hey Darce he copped to it the other night on TV.

Still the irony of Eagles fans booing a guy for taking drugs was worth it.

chef
28-06-2013, 05:12 PM

With his old man working at the station they were hardly going to say anything negative about him.

chef
28-06-2013, 05:13 PM
I loved Darcy going on about the presumption of innocence for Jobe...hey Darce he copped to it the other night on TV.

Still the irony of Eagles fans booing a guy for taking drugs was worth it.

That made me laugh last night, how dumb(or forgetful) are these supporters

SonofScray
28-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Got to say, I don't see the irony in that. I've had similar comments plastered all over my twitter feed and facebook page. I'm not sure why its got on my goat exactly but it has. Not expecting much support for this view either, given the backlash I copped.

They aren't booing a guy for taking drugs, they are booing someone they perceive to be a cheat. I suppose I'd made the assumption that generally people would see the issue of using drugs to systematically cheat, to gain an unfair competitive advantage as a different kettle of fish to the scenarios that Chris Mainwaring, Ben Cousins and the like got themselves in.

Would people agree that in terms of severity and impact:

Lance Armstrong blood doping = Some other pro-cyclist doing coke outside of competition.
Chinese women's swimming team = Grant Hackett's recent dramas
East German blood doping program = Phelps smoking dope after training.

I'd assumed most people would say no. Jake King certainly doesn't. Seems the norm is that we should ignore the 'performance enhancing' aspect to the drugs scandal and apply the one lens to all scenarios a la a "War on Drugs," narrative. Doesn't seem right to me.

bulldogtragic
28-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Cheats vs Swans. The deliberate rushing free kick....

Worst decision in my lifetime!!! I cannot recall anything quite like it, the umpire should be deregistered.

Remi Moses
28-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Just caught the game late in term 2 and saw that horrendous decision.
Manage to see Everitt try and bounce the ball.
They go on about our weather up there! Thought Sydney settled well after Carltons early goal, and as per usual some Carlton players played well in patches. Just wonder how long Mick will put up with Yarran Betts and Garlett who just play on their own terms.

LostDoggy
29-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Cheats vs Swans. The deliberate rushing free kick....

Worst decision in my lifetime!!! I cannot recall anything quite like it, the umpire should be deregistered.

I actually liked the decision..

Yes i know it hasn't been paid all year and yes he was under pressure so it should have never been paid under the letter of the law.

But Malceski stood and waited for about 5 seconds, he had ample time to dispose of the footy. Waited for someone to run at him then fumbled it over the line.

But it was a horrible decision given the current interpretation of the rule.

The Underdog
29-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Got to say, I don't see the irony in that. I've had similar comments plastered all over my twitter feed and facebook page. I'm not sure why its got on my goat exactly but it has. Not expecting much support for this view either, given the backlash I copped.

They aren't booing a guy for taking drugs, they are booing someone they perceive to be a cheat. I suppose I'd made the assumption that generally people would see the issue of using drugs to systematically cheat, to gain an unfair competitive advantage as a different kettle of fish to the scenarios that Chris Mainwaring, Ben Cousins and the like got themselves in.

Would people agree that in terms of severity and impact:

Lance Armstrong blood doping = Some other pro-cyclist doing coke outside of competition.
Chinese women's swimming team = Grant Hackett's recent dramas
East German blood doping program = Phelps smoking dope after training.

I'd assumed most people would say no. Jake King certainly doesn't. Seems the norm is that we should ignore the 'performance enhancing' aspect to the drugs scandal and apply the one lens to all scenarios a la a "War on Drugs," narrative. Doesn't seem right to me.

I get your point and there is definitely a lot of credence to it.
And I understand they pinpointed Watson because he made an admission on TV. Still ALL the players on the list from 2012 are guilty of following a club imposed program (naively & unquestioningly, but following something they were told was legal in a presentation from the medical staff), why not boo all Essendon players on the field? Why not relentlessly boo Hird and the coaching staff? Why not protest by not showing up at all if you're that outraged by cheating?
Cousins unquestionably knew he was doing something illegal and against the rules of the game but chose to do it anyway to begin with, until he didn't have a choice any longer. Was it systematic club wide cheating? No. But he wilfully broke the laws of the game off his own bat and was treated like a *!*!*!*!ing hero when he returned by the same crowd.
I actually think these two examples are a lot closer to the middle than the more extreme ones you've used.

bulldogtragic
29-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Got man crushes for most of GCS, especially Omeara. May is an animal, reminds me of a young Hahn.

Remi Moses
29-06-2013, 05:04 PM
How good is Prestia going?

bulldogtragic
29-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Interesting listening to Al Lynch. Brisbane players would all sign the match ball. Then that would be awarded by the coach the next Tuesday, in front of the players, to the player the best played their role for the team.

Interesting.

bulldogtragic
29-06-2013, 05:17 PM
How good is Prestia going?
Scary!!

110+ possies for Ablett, Prestia and Omeara.

Scary!!

LostDoggy
29-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Port are off to a bright start again, looks like our win against them is proving a very handy upset.

LostDoggy
29-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Bet Malthouse is supping a quiet ale and giggling hysterically at the moment. Pies are a classic case where the coach was clearly adding value. Eddie was a fool to go down the path he did. And that's coming from someone who has b****r all respect for Malthouse the man. What a coach though. And to get what he is getting out of Carlton with the huge holes in their list. Just. WOW....

bornadog
29-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Bet Malthouse is supping a quiet ale and giggling hysterically at the moment. Pies are a classic case where the coach was clearly adding value. Eddie was a fool to go down the path he did. And that's coming from someone who has b****r all respect for Malthouse the man. What a coach though. And to get what he is getting out of Carlton with the huge holes in their list. Just. WOW....

Don't agree at all Pies have alot of injuries coach makes no difference at all.
Personally I think Carlton have been disappointing with the players they have.

GVGjr
29-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Port are playing just great. Terrific win for them

comrade
29-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Interesting that Port struggled against our game style but cut Sydney and Colligwood open, two teams that like spreading and running forward of the ball.

LostDoggy
29-06-2013, 08:25 PM

Give Mick 6 more months and we'll come back to it. Accept your injury comment but I think the Blues have made huge inroads and the Pies are going backwards.

bornadog
29-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Give Mick 6 more months and we'll come back to it. Accept your injury comment but I think the Blues have made huge inroads and the Pies are going backwards.

One thing the Pies are doing is blooding lots of new players

westdog54
29-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Lovely touch by the Power and Pies players running through the one banner for their mate J.Mac. Six of his best mates up for the coin toss as well.

G.Ablett Jr is starting to pull out party tricks with amazing regularity. The one edge his old man had is being worn down.

Remi Moses
30-06-2013, 04:19 AM
One thing the Pies are doing is blooding lots of new players

Pies have key players out, reckon their most important player Alan Toovey is one they can't cover. Dayne Beams, Thomas big losses.
The worry is that they just get opened up to often.
They haven't got that manic defense they had under Mick.
Yeah Mick's a grumpy old fart, but call me old fashioned but I love that in a coach.
Wouldn't mind McCartney getting a bit grumpy either.

LostDoggy
30-06-2013, 01:21 PM

Look at Fremantle, look at us and st kilda in 2009/2010
Good coaches find ways to get the team going despite injuries, just a massive cop out.

bulldogtragic
30-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Just watching Norf at Etihad. The crowd would be bigger at Arden Street. Never really seen it this empty.

bornadog
30-06-2013, 05:23 PM
Just watching Norf at Etihad. The crowd would be bigger at Arden Street. Never really seen it this empty.

Their fans are worse than ours.

Eastdog
30-06-2013, 05:27 PM

How many do you reckon are there watching from the TV.

bulldogtragic
30-06-2013, 05:52 PM
GWS starting with an 11 man defence..... 5 loose men.....