PDA

View Full Version : Libba re-signs!!!!

bulldogtragic
08-08-2013, 12:15 AM
Mark Robinson (Herald Sun) tweeting 2 minutes ago Libba has just inked a new deal with the WBFC!

Whoooo!

More to come.

Remi Moses
08-08-2013, 12:41 AM
Great news

comrade
08-08-2013, 12:52 AM
Awesome.

Libba is a jet. His stats are incredible for a player of his age and inexperience but beyond that, he is truly impacting games most weeks.

We've got a 10 year A-Grader to build our midfield around and given his historical ties to the Club, I can't ever see him leaving.

BulldogBelle
08-08-2013, 12:56 AM
Future brownlow medalist, just like his father. His peak years will be in our peak years too, unlike so many of our stars.

Greystache
08-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Great news, absolute gun!

The Bulldogs Bite
08-08-2013, 01:19 AM
Great stuff.

He's been unbelievable this year -- he hasn't got enough recognition IMO. Whilst he is widely acknowledged as a very good player, he is already elite.

Can't wait to see him in 3 years.

Dry Rot
08-08-2013, 01:42 AM
Great news. Fair to say he is our best under 25 years player?

Eastdog
08-08-2013, 02:09 AM
Great news. Libba is going to have a great career with us. We have as Dogs supporters an exciting few years ahead.

LostDoggy
08-08-2013, 04:20 AM
Not that surprised. I'm sure if you cut this kid he'd bleed red white and blue. I doubt he'd go anywhere else in his career.

chef
08-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Never any doubt in my mind that he's going to be a Dog for life.

azabob
08-08-2013, 08:22 AM

Fair to say he is our second best player.

Twodogs
08-08-2013, 08:34 AM

He's in our tup 2 or 3 players full stop. Griff and (maybe) Minson are the only players ahead of him.

Bring on Oliver!

whythelongface
08-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Brillant news. The kid is already a Bulldog legend.

1eyedog
08-08-2013, 09:09 AM
He's in our tup 2 or 3 players full stop. Griff and (maybe) Minson are the only players ahead of him.

Bring on Oliver!
He's ahead of Minson I reckon.

Brillant news. The kid is already a Bulldog legend.
Ease up there let's not discredit the status of Grant, KT, EJ and Dougie et. al. He's a very good player at the moment though no doubt.

always right
08-08-2013, 09:28 AM
I have him comfortably in our top 4. Griffen is streets ahead and Libba, Minson and Murphy are all around the same mark IMHO....not just ability wise but influence in games.

Mofra
08-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Borderline elite. 1 more pre-season.

Unlike most inside mids (and he is better than most anyway) he is actually a brilliant kick when given time & space on his left.

always right
08-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Borderline elite. 1 more pre-season.

Unlike most inside mids (and he is better than most anyway) he is actually a brilliant kick when given time & space on his left.

Unlike his father:)
What I love is that he is some of his father's traits (tackling, combativeness, good hands, tough and hates losing) but unlike his father he has good kicking skills, poise, smart decision making and height.

Ozza
08-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Extremely good news. Hope he is getting well paid - he is definitely worth it!

LostDoggy
08-08-2013, 11:41 AM
This kid is pretty inspiring too. After his trouble he got in, copped the ban on the chin, didn't Whinge or sook, and came back bigger and better.
I always remember thinking when he played, imagine putting Tony Libreatore's heart into a bigger body? Well we got it now so buckle up.

LostDoggy
08-08-2013, 11:45 AM
What I love is that he is some of his father's traits (tackling, compativeness, good hands, tough and hates losing) but unlike his father he has good kicking skills, poise, smart decision making and height.

Yeah, it's like he's been cloned in some DNA lab and all the good traits retained, and the lesser traits removed.

Can't wait until the day we can gloat about having the only father-son Brownlow combination. :-)

jeemak
08-08-2013, 12:04 PM
What I love is that he is some of his father's traits (tackling, compativeness, good hands, tough and hates losing) but unlike his father he has good kicking skills, poise, smart decision making and height.

I was always disappointed that Tony couldn't work on his height throughout his career.

I've been really impressed with Liberatore's attitude and output this year. Once his fitness reaches the next level he'll start to do more damage forward of centre, which will round his game perfectly.

Eastdog
08-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Not that surprised. I'm sure if you cut this kid he'd bleed red white and blue. I doubt he'd go anywhere else in his career.

Agree HM he'll be a Bulldog through and through just like his father.

Happy Days
08-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Great news, he's averaged more clearances than anybody this year, as in he is the best clearance player in the comp. Elite and worthy of AA consideration if anyone else but the 5-headed monster from Sydney gets a look in.

In his third season.

This line of contract negotiation is much better than the old one!

Greystache
08-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I was always disappointed that Tony couldn't work on his height throughout his career.

Some players just don't have the desire to do whatever it takes to improve every area of their game. If he played for Essendon he may well have developed into a damaging ruckman.

Bulldog4life
08-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Great news. Loved Libba snr and now love Libba jnr. A great player in his own right.

westdog54
08-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Some players just don't have the desire to do whatever it takes to improve every area of their game. If he played for Essendon he may well have developed into a damaging ruckman.

Yep, all those vitamins would have done him the world of good.

Ozza
08-08-2013, 01:17 PM
So glad there is a hyphen in the thread title.

Twodogs
08-08-2013, 01:56 PM

When it came to Libba sr I think Iggy Pop said it best:

I'm only five foot one
Unless the time has come
I won't grow anymore
Anymore, anymore, anymore

And I'm doing the things a five foot one man can do

KT31
08-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Great news and hears hoping for a long distinguished career with us.

bornadog
08-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Drugs scandal spurred Libba on: McCartney (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-08/dogs-tie-up-favourite-son)

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Brendan McCartney admits last year's drug scandal has spurred Tom Liberatore on in 2013.

The 21-year-old midfielder hit the headlines in August 2012 after being found by police in possession of an ecstasy tablet on Melbourne's King Street.

Liberatore received a strike under the AFL's illicit drugs policy and was suspended by the club for the rest of the season.

In 2013, Liberatore has emerged as an elite midfielder and the club's faith in him has been restored, signing him to a new three-year deal on Thursday.

"Tommy doesn’t say much, but the events of 12 months ago left a lasting impression," McCartney said.

"It's all part of growing up and maturing, as a club too [with] how we deal with it and [how] we develop our people and players [while] still respecting they are all unique individuals and have different character traits."

He leads the AFL in clearances and centre clearances this year and is ranked among the AFL leaders in terms of long kicking efficiency and is now the 49th ranked player in the AFL according the Official AFL Player Ratings.

Meanwhile, the Bulldogs are poised to recall Liam Jones for Saturday's clash with Carlton after the forward missed the club's loss to the Sydney Swans with an ankle issue.

Adam Cooney was a noticeable absentee from Thursday's training session, but was spotted training away from the group.

Matthew Boyd is facing a race against time to overcome a calf complaint in time.

"We'll know more today, we'll put him through half testing half training," McCartney said of Boyd.

"Any risk we won't [play him]. If he's right to go he'll play. It would be good to have him back."

McCartney insisted Boyd's inclusion would not automatically cost Daniel Cross his spot in the side.

"Its not as simple as that," McCartney said.

"People are quick to jump to that. We've picked a team all year, one to deal with the opposition in front of us, and two, to make sure we're developing our players. But they are earning a game and giving us output."

Boyd and Cross have played just five gamest together this season, with the last being in the club's round eight clash against Gold Coast.

DOG GOD
08-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Fantastic news, with lots of improvement to come...and that's scary :)

LostDoggy
10-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Great news!

When you look at Libba's stats for his first 50 games. Is there any other midfielder in the comp who's stats stack up? I wouldn't be thinking so... Maybe Nat Fyfe/Barlow.

LostDoggy
10-08-2013, 03:40 PM
If he can match his father for heart, which looks likely, then he will eclipse the great brownlow medalist Tony. He already shades him in a number of areas.

always right
12-08-2013, 02:08 PM
If he can match his father for heart, which looks likely, then he will eclipse the great brownlow medalist Tony. He already shades him in a number of areas.

A good question is in what areas does Libba snr shade his son? I can only give him the nod in areas such as tackling, concentration and competitiveness...and he's not far ahead in those.

LostDoggy
12-08-2013, 04:08 PM
A good question is in what areas does Libba snr shade his son? I can only give him the nod in areas such as tackling, concentration and competitiveness...and he's not far ahead in those.

Brownlow Medal.

always right
12-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Brownlow Medal.

How quickly I forget.

LostDoggy
12-08-2013, 05:03 PM
...and he hasn't bashed Matthew Knights yet.

Libba Snr (2)
Libba Jnr (0)