PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Sutton Medal

firstdogonthemoon
04-09-2013, 06:50 PM
I have started this thread not so everyone can talk about this exciting and glamorous event, but so I can brag about how I am attending with my extremely hot date Rocco Jones.

You have been warned.

Do feel free to discuss it here if you want of course. I will try to update during the evening from the very fancy Crown Paladium.

Do not be surprised if a surprise unofficial 45th member of the team gets across the line tonight for the B and F (F Onthemoon). Take that Griff!

Throughandthrough
04-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Remind Rocco not to leave his tickets at home. PS #jealous.

KT31
04-09-2013, 07:12 PM
I have started this thread not so everyone can talk about this exciting and glamorous event, but so I can brag about how I am attending with my extremely hot date Rocco Jones.

You have been warned.

Do feel free to discuss it here if you want of course. I will try to update during the evening from the very fancy Crown Paladium.

Do not be surprised if a surprise unofficial 45th member of the team gets across the line tonight for the B and F (F Onthemoon). Take that Griff!

Is it a black tux for you and a slinky Collette Dinnigan number for Rocco tonight ?:D
Hope you both have a great night.

Eastdog
04-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Look forward to hearing the updates for people who are going.

firstdogonthemoon
04-09-2013, 08:34 PM
ok we're in. have already chatted with garlick and Gordon. it's very flash.

Rocco Jones
04-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Free booze may be dangerous as first dog demands I not embarrass him.

Twodogs
04-09-2013, 08:47 PM
Have a great night guys.

Pace yourself...

Throughandthrough
04-09-2013, 09:13 PM
First dog , I think you should take it upon yourself to respond to the presidents welcoming speech on behalf of the members. You know you want to

firstdogonthemoon
04-09-2013, 09:14 PM
bmac speaking. he is amazing. I think I might cry

Rocco Jones
04-09-2013, 09:15 PM

I'll hold you and cry too and you can hold me back

azabob
04-09-2013, 09:23 PM

His speech last year was amazing. I can only imagine how great it its this year, considering the development we have had.

His speech today at the rising start was also exceptional.

Our club is very lucky.

Rocco Jones
04-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Brett Goodes 'couldn't have asked for a better year...other than breaking my wrist...then getting suspended....then breaking my arm'

firstdogonthemoon
04-09-2013, 09:52 PM
crossy! now I am getting a bit teary

1eyedog
04-09-2013, 10:06 PM

crossy! now I am getting a bit teary

Great updates! Keep them coming...:D

Throughandthrough
04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Brett Goodes 'couldn't have asked for a better year...other than breaking my wrist...then getting suspended....then breaking my arm'

Hooray! very funny

Rocco Jones
04-09-2013, 10:49 PM
Griff winning by 2,008 votes after round 16

KT31
04-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Mr Onthemoon @firstdogonmoon

got my fake tan and my backless evening gown and i’m ready for the @westernbulldogs Best and Fairest. I fully expect to win! #charliesutton

Looks like I got the wrong one of you in the tux.:D

firstdogonthemoon
04-09-2013, 11:31 PM
hard to beat griff from here

impossible really

bornadog
04-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Ok, where are the tweets with winners boys

Hotdog60
04-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Scott West Most Courageous Player goes to Dale Morris.

bornadog
04-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Tweets coming through and not from FDOTM and ROCCO who are having too much of a good time:D

Chris Grant Best First Year Player goes to none other than Jack Macrae!

Tony Liberatore Most Improved Player Award goes to...Tom Liberatore

Scott West Most Courageous Player goes to Dale Morris.

Brad Johnson on hand to present the best team player award named in his honour to Daniel Giansiracusa

The John Van Groningen (players award) goes to none other than Ryan Griffen

LostDoggy
04-09-2013, 11:47 PM

That's what the father son rule is all about.

Twodogs
04-09-2013, 11:58 PM

After the travails at the end of last year that must have been a special award for both Tom and Tony.

bornadog
05-09-2013, 12:00 AM
Winner: Griffen

Second: Tom Liberatore

Third: Will Minson

Fourth: Bob Murphy

Fifth: Dale Morris

Doc26
05-09-2013, 12:09 AM
Great result. Congratulations to Griff on a stellar season. Under intense pressure from opposition blockers every week he showed all the way with a superb workrate. A very deserving winner. A special mention to Moz for his fifth place after such a severe disruption and challenge to get his career back on track late in his career. Great recognition from the MC for what Dale brings each week.

Scraggers
05-09-2013, 12:10 AM

Tom - "thanks Tony"
Tony - "that's Dad to you"

Go_Dogs
05-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Congratulations to all the winners, and many thanks for the updates.

The Bulldogs Bite
05-09-2013, 12:43 AM
Congratulations to all the winners, and many thanks for the updates.

Echoed.

Well deserved winners/placings.

bulldogsman
05-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Cheers.

Well done to Griff on a great year and to every award getter.

Ghost Dog
05-09-2013, 01:05 AM
It's a team sport. Griff has been great, but more pleased that we don't seem to have many passengers at the moment.

Nuggety Back Pocket
05-09-2013, 01:58 AM
A real highlight on the night apart from Griff's terrific win was the outstanding speech by skipper Matthew Boyd in recognition of his close mate Daniel Cross. Crossy's response was full of class and highlighted his great love and passion for his beloved Bulldogs. All the current players who received awards on the night never failed to mention how much Daniel was admired and respected by everyone.

LostDoggy
05-09-2013, 01:59 AM
Dale Morris top 5 finish + most courageous award, gotta love that.

Remi Moses
05-09-2013, 02:51 AM
McCartney's speech at the Rising Star awards was very impressive.

always right
05-09-2013, 09:03 AM
Right result. Very happy to see Will's outstanding season recognised with a top 3 finish.

Looking at the tweets it must have been an emotional night with Crossy departing. The way he spoke about the club was outstanding...if not a little gut-wrenching. As always he has handled himself with class.

azabob
05-09-2013, 09:14 AM
It's a team sport. Griff has been great, but more pleased that we don't seem to have many passengers at the moment.

Too right GD.

Great to see that Dahl, Roughead and Wallis made the top ten. With Cooney and Gia also in there.

G-Mo77
05-09-2013, 10:18 AM
McCartney's speech at the Rising Star awards was very impressive.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-09-04/nab-rising-star-brendon-mccartney

Just about to watch it.

G-Mo77
05-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Top 10 fron the HUN

CHARLES SUTTON MEDAL
1. Ryan Griffen 273 votes
2. Tom Liberatore 242
3. Will Minson 184
4. Robert Murphy 176
5. Dale Morris 166
6. Luke Dahlhaus 151
7. Adam Cooney 144
8. Daniel Giansiracusa 134
9. Jordan Roughead 88
10. Mitch Wallis 82

Maddog37
05-09-2013, 10:43 AM
Good signs that only three "old" blokes are in the top ten.

whythelongface
05-09-2013, 10:55 AM

Just about to watch it.

Thanks for posting the link G-Mo.

Impressive speech.

bornadog
05-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks for posting the link G-Mo.

Impressive speech.

Ditto.

I can't imagine any other Bulldog coach delivering a speech like that, really enjoyed it.

Nuggety Back Pocket
05-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Ditto.

I can't imagine any other Bulldog coach delivering a speech like that, really enjoyed it.

A similar speech was given by Macca at last night's B and F. which was very well received,
as was Peter Gordon's address which was most impressive. You left the night feeling that the Club is in very good hands. The crowd also was about 200 up on last year, which is a good indicator on how the members are now feeling far more positive about our future.

Doc26
05-09-2013, 12:46 PM

Brilliant speech by Macca who rarely fails to impress. Having heard that, what parent of a burgeoning AFL player wouldn't want their boy being brought up under Macca's tutelage. Can see where Geelong's sustained success has come from with the likes of Hinkley and Macca in critical support roles. We have something very special.

Mofra
05-09-2013, 12:51 PM

Just about to watch it.
Wow. Brilliantly delivered

Twodogs
05-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Heheh!

"Sweet as coach"

Daughter of the West
05-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Heheh!

"Sweet as coach"

I was waiting for the former teacher in him to come out and lambast the player for having the audacity to use such a horrible word as "tomoz"! :D

OLD SCRAGGer
05-09-2013, 02:45 PM
It hasn't been mentioned here that Will also won the Coach's award for MOST IMPROVED!
From memory it was 1st award of night presented!! Will was totally caught off guard!

bornadog
05-09-2013, 03:12 PM
It hasn't been mentioned here that Will also won the Coach's award for MOST IMPROVED!
From memory it was 1st award of night presented!! Will was totally caught off guard!

Thank you, missed that one.

bulldogtragic
05-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Just watching our Talia on the NAB RS award show. Great piece.

Bulldog4life
05-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Wonder if next year we will have B & F awards for our VFL team?

LostDoggy
05-09-2013, 08:41 PM
I was waiting for the former teacher in him to come out and lambast the player for having the audacity to use such a horrible word as "tomoz"! :D

The more I hear from Mr McCartney the more I do think we have something special.

He was a teacher of a mate of mine, two in fact and they weren't the most behaved students :D they both say he was Ruthless but the only Teacher that they wanted to learn from.

GVGjr
05-09-2013, 08:53 PM
I know a lot of people were suspicious of Macca's credibility to coach this club and some questioned his constant references to 'good young men' as not much more than a bit of a catch cry. I think this clip shows why the club selected him to replace a great coach and why we should all be confident that the 'good young men' approach that Macca keeps focusing on is the right one for us.

He's a deep thinker and very committed to the development of players. I can't wait until tomoz and the tomoz after that.

LostDoggy
05-09-2013, 09:05 PM
I know a lot of people were suspicious of Macca's credibility to coach this club and some questioned his constant references to 'good young men' as not much more than a bit of a catch cry. I think this clip shows why the club selected him to replace a great coach and why we should all be confident that the 'good young men' approach that Macca keeps focusing on is the right one for us.

He's a deep thinker and very committed to the development of players. I can't wait until tomoz and the tomoz after that.

I was one, now I too can't wait for tomoz and the tomoz after that!

AndrewP6
05-09-2013, 10:54 PM

He was a PE teacher, he probably couldn't spell it anyway :D

bornadog
05-09-2013, 10:57 PM

Any coach that takes on a role when they have never coached before will be treated with so called suspicion as you put it. A raw coach needs to prove themselves and show some success.

Macca's work is starting to take fruition and the sceptics will continue to drop off and get on board as more and more success is achieved. (we hope)

Scraggers
05-09-2013, 11:12 PM
He was a PE teacher, he probably couldn't spell it anyway :D

PE teachers everywhere 'fank you' for the vote of confidence.

GVGjr
05-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Any coach that takes on a role when they have never coached before will be treated with so called suspicion as you put it. A raw coach needs to prove themselves and show some success.

I think you might have just missed my point.
Some clearly questioned his 'good young men' mantra (and cracking in) as a nothing more than a questionable approach. 2 years on and he is still very much committed to it but I feel some are now starting to buy into it and some now realize that it wasn't just a catchy quote but something he truly believes in.
I don't think the 'good young men' mantra is going away time soon. He seems very committed too it and confident that it underpins his plans to make us a force in this competition again.

AndrewP6
05-09-2013, 11:17 PM
PE teachers everywhere 'fank you' for the vote of confidence.

No problem :D

w3design
06-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Was a good night, some great speeches. Macca, Minson, Boyd's tribute to Cross had a standing ovation. I enjoyed Scott West's speech as well.

They had us down the back this year. Last year was in the middle, guessing more numbers pushed the coterie groups back?

firstdogonthemoon
06-09-2013, 11:46 AM
It was a great night. Sorry I didn't post more I got a bit distracted.

Just to echo GVGJr's point, any doubts I had about bmac are now dispensed with. This group now play for each other as well as the coach and the footy club. I'm really looking forward to next year. I'm looking forward to winning more and if we have to lose, losing because we we were beaten by a better team, not because of cultural or structural problems.

Twodogs
06-09-2013, 01:48 PM

I was lucky enough to get a couple of minutes of the Bmac's time after the game on Sunday. He's very imposing. I'm a convert.