Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Hotdog60
22-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Spammer!

Well done you got the 1000..

What did the Beatles sing... A little from my friends

GVGjr
22-10-2013, 10:17 AM
I am still concerned if Crameri goes to the PSD that either GWS with two picks or the Saints decide to pick him up. Why wouldn't they?

Perhaps there are a couple of reasons:

1) GWS or the Saints would be paying a large sum of money for a player they haven't done a medical on
2) GWS could probably be locked into Jed Lamb with the first pick of the PSD whereas the Saints might also be locked into Josh Bruce at pick 3.

I'm more than Okay with us giving up pick 26 but the Bombers don't deserve a lot more than that

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Posters worried about us being weak can relax. The Dogs seem to have played this beautifully. You have a disgruntled player, wanting to leave, his club are being obstinate and all the while we sit back, the very picture of calmness and rationality, with Stewart's best welfare at heart. He'd be feeling the loyalty to us already, and he's still a Bomber. We even sweetened the already sweet deal to help get him some security. We hold all the cards but we're doing the right thing anyway. At the end of this saga, the Dogs are going to look like a professional, caring place for a player to work. Essendon? Well…

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 10:31 AM
The real question is, can this thread hit 1000 replies before he signs?

I say yes.
Well done Woofers! :)

chef
22-10-2013, 10:35 AM
I am still concerned if Crameri goes to the PSD that either GWS with two picks or the Saints decide to pick him up. Why wouldn't they?

Would they pick up a player with a big price on his head who hasnt completed a medical?

bornadog
22-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Would they pick up a player with a big price on his head who hasnt completed a medical?

We want to.

The Underdog
22-10-2013, 10:40 AM
We want to.

Do you really think he hasn't done a medical for us?

mighty_west
22-10-2013, 10:40 AM

Perhaps Leon Cameron knows and trusts our medical staff well enough to trust that if he's passed the medical here that he's good to go?

Axe Man
22-10-2013, 10:42 AM

Why would GWS have 2 picks? You can't trade PSD picks, unless I am missing something it's:
1. GWS
2. Melbourne
3. St Kilda
4. Bulldogs

As others have said, hopefully GWS are committed to Lamb, St Kilda to Bruce, leaving Melbourne as the only possibility to trump us which would be very unlikely.

bornadog
22-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Do you really think he hasn't done a medical for us?

Perhaps Leon Cameron knows and trusts our medical staff well enough to trust that if he's passed the medical here that he's good to go?

I wasn't concerned about the medical, rather the big price on his head - that could turn other clubs off depending on their salary cap. I am guessing GWS have plenty of room.

GVGjr
22-10-2013, 10:43 AM
We want to.

But he has completed a medical for us.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 10:46 AM
I can't produce any stats but I'm pretty sure players who nominate a club in almost all cases get there if it gets to the PSD stage

The Underdog
22-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I wasn't concerned about the medical, rather the big price on his head - that could turn other clubs off depending on their salary cap. I am guessing GWS have plenty of room.

GWS have also just committed to another tall forward in Lamb. Would think Crameri is surplus to them regardless.

chef
22-10-2013, 10:54 AM

Assumption is a dangerous thing.

Mantis
22-10-2013, 11:04 AM
You would think that Essendon would come to their senses and take up the offer we have presented which seems pretty reasonable, but then again we are talking about Essendon.

Axe Man
22-10-2013, 11:05 AM
GWS have also just committed to another tall forward in Lamb. Would think Crameri is surplus to them regardless.

Hardly a tall forward at 181cm!

GVGjr
22-10-2013, 11:07 AM
You would think that Essendon would come to their senses and take up the offer we have presented which seems pretty reasonable, but then again we are talking about Essendon.

The later they leave it could work against them. If Lamb and Bruce appear to be likely to head to the PSD then they might find a level of defiance they didn't think they would.

It's in everyone's interest to get the deal done but the Bombers need to display a bit more of commonsense than they have so far.

Sedat
22-10-2013, 11:22 AM
The later they leave it could work against them. If Lamb and Bruce appear to be likely to head to the PSD then they might find a level of defiance they didn't think they would.

It's in everyone's interest to get the deal done but the Bombers need to display a bit more of commonsense than they have so far.
Just on Lamb, how smart by GWS to keep this one very quiet so they could finalise a very cheap trade for Mumford, giving the Swans the impression that Mumford was the player most likely to walk through to the PSD. GWS was criticised for offering up anything to Sydney for Mumford but obviously they had an alternative strategy in place for the PSD. Well played Giants - Lamb is a very good player in the making.

comrade
22-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Just on Lamb, how smart by GWS to keep this one very quiet so they could finalise a very cheap trade for Mumford, giving the Swans the impression that Mumford was the player most likely to walk through to the PSD. GWS was criticised for offering up anything to Sydney for Mumford but obviously they had an alternative strategy in place for the PSD. Well played Giants - Lamb is a very good player in the making.

The old bait and switch. Love it.

The Doctor
22-10-2013, 11:28 AM

yep agree

I was curious about the Mumford trade thinking the Swans had done well and perhaps the Giants were getting bullied especially after the Franklin deal.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 11:35 AM

To be honest, I've never even heard of Lamb or Bruce, presumably they're both handy players? There really seems to be a mentality with Essendon that they won't appear weak against what they see as a lower club. It's dangerous when you let your ideology overrule common sense. They are fast becoming my must beat team for next year on the back of some of the nasty shallow comments from their supporters towards our club and fans. This notion that fact you follow a large footy club automatically makes you a superior human being is so flawed. Sorry, got a bit off topic there!

I'm comfortable with Stew going to the PSD as I'm confident that the combination of the price on his head, his desire to only play with us and a little bit of old fashioned gentleman's agreement will ensure nobody picks him.

Sedat
22-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Paul Connors was interviewed early in trade week and was quite comfortable with the possibility that his client could get to his preferred destination via the PSD. Connors certainly wasn't expecting a quick finalisation of the trade.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Paul Connors was interviewed early in trade week and was quite comfortable with the possibility that his client could get to his preferred destination via the PSD. Connors certainly wasn't expecting a quick finalisation of the trade.

Yeah I remember that too. I'm staggered that Essendon seem to be completely ignoring the fact that he can leave and they will receive zero compensation.

Scraggers
22-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Yeah I remember that too. I'm staggered that Essendon seem to be completely ignoring the fact that he can leave and they will receive zero compensation.

I'm happy with that ... best possible outcome as far as I'm concerned.

strebla
22-10-2013, 12:03 PM
That's it for me do it today or move on we have dealt in good faith and they look down on us from their copper throne to the PSD we go.

Bulldog Joe
22-10-2013, 12:04 PM
? It's dangerous when you let your ideology overrule common sense.

Second post today quoting that term.

Common Sense is something that I believe is only mythical and like a unicorn it does not actually exist.

If you find something common it will not be sense.

If you find something of sense it will not be common.

whythelongface
22-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Essendon know they are in a no win situation in regards to Crameri, therefore they will get the deal done prior to the end of this week. It is just a matter of how much they can extract from us.

KT31
22-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Essendon know they are in a no win situation in regards to Crameri, therefore they will get the deal done prior to the end of this week. It is just a matter of how much they can extract from us.

You are talking about an arrogant pack of tossers and I believe they will contemplate sending Crameri to the PSD instead of thinking they have lost on a deal with us.
Then they will get their spin doctors out to say they tried their best, how unreasonable we are to deal with and how much of a crap club we are, they will then turn on Crameri and give him a pasting for being disloyal and wanting to leave such a successful club.

The Doctor
22-10-2013, 12:34 PM
I'm not liking this

pick 26 & 42 for Crameri & 66

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/north-melbourne-trades-luke-delaney-to-st-kilda-essendon-and-western-bulldogs-yet-to-deal-on-stewart-crameri/story-fn69a32t-1226744056468

I just hope this is bulldust

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 12:41 PM
I'm not liking this

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/north-melbourne-trades-luke-delaney-to-st-kilda-essendon-and-western-bulldogs-yet-to-deal-on-stewart-crameri/story-fn69a32t-1226744056468

This better be crap...

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-10-2013, 12:49 PM
I'm not liking this

If true it will only serve to create a perception that we are poor negotiators who are always going to roll over.
We've stated our 2nd pick is our offer, we have some leverage re PSD, so I really don't understand why we would give even more ground here.

chef
22-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Seems fair to me. Crameri is very good player IMO and im very excited to get him.

mighty_west
22-10-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm not liking this

Don't like the bit where it says we agree that pick 26 isn't enough, sounds like the deal will most likely go through if that's the case.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Hopefully this is just the Bombres trying hard to screw us over. We have the upper hand and need to stay the course.

The Doctor
22-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Don't like the bit where it says we agree that pick 26 isn't enough, sounds like the deal will most likely go through if that's the case.

If It does then we have serious problems in our football dept.

chef
22-10-2013, 12:56 PM

Over one deal you dont agree with?

The Underdog
22-10-2013, 01:02 PM
Is that the sky falling?

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 01:06 PM
I agree, we hold the cards. Crameri has quit Essendon. Maybe it's just the Hun filling space, but if true, I would be bitterly disappointed that we talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

Happy Days
22-10-2013, 01:09 PM
I agree, we hold the cards. Crameri has quit Essendon. Maybe it's just the Hun filling space, but if true, I would be bitterly disappointed that we talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

No quotes, no sign of this ever being our opinion from anywhere, I call bullshit.

The Underdog
22-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Hardly a tall forward at 181cm!

My bad, either my memory is terrible or I've confused him with someone else. Probably both.

Twodogs
22-10-2013, 01:19 PM
My bad, either my memory is terrible or I've confused him with someone else. Probably both.

Or all three.

Cyberdoggie
22-10-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm not liking this

Leaving us with 1 pick inside top 50 at pick 4?

Not ideal that is.

Mofra
22-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Leaving us with 1 pick inside top 50 at pick 4?

Not ideal that is.
I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I did read this line in Yoda's voice :o

I really get the feeling we don't rate this draft at all - trying a 1+1 deal for grant, extra year for Howard, rumours about keeping all of our rookies.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Seems fair to me. Crameri is very good player IMO and im very excited to get him.

I disagree. There is no way a 25 yr old mid sized forward is worth a high 2nd & 3rd round pick straight up. And to offer pick 66 must he a joke. Most clubs are looking to get out of the draft by the 40's.
Essendon would be laughing at us for accepting such a deal, especially given the leverage we have in getting him through the PSD.

chef
22-10-2013, 01:35 PM
I disagree. There is no way a 25 yr old mid sized forward is worth a high 2nd & 3rd round pick straight up. And to offer pick 66 must he a joke. Most clubs are looking to get out of the draft by the 40's.
Essendon would be laughing at us for accepting such a deal, especially given the leverage we have in getting him through the PSD.

Fair enough, I rate Crameri pretty highly and he fills a need for us.

Maybe we think we can get the same guy at 66 that we would target at 42?

I'm sure the club knows what its doing.

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 01:40 PM
4 years, $1,800,000, high second and third rounders. Not for Crameri. I can live with salary cap extravagance, but picks in early 20's and 40's is a bad deal. Walk away and work for the PSD.

GVGjr
22-10-2013, 01:43 PM
I'm not liking this

They have certainly asked for it because originally they wanted a swap for 3rd round selections but then realised they needed their pick 48 for something else which I assume is Edwards.

They will get pick about 53 for Gumbleton but they want that for themselves.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 01:45 PM
"The latest – which Essendon is adamant is fair and reasonable – has the Dogs also giving up pick 42 with the Bombers then sending pick 66 to Whitten Oval".

Proof we'd be getting screwed. I'd be happy with a swap of third round picks, but as mentioned above, I'm more than confident in our football department.

Hotdog60
22-10-2013, 01:47 PM
Can we get some assurances from the clubs above us in the PSD and tell Essendon 26 take it or leave it.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-10-2013, 01:48 PM
They have certainly asked for it because originally they wanted a swap for 3rd round selections but then realised they needed their pick 48 for something else which I assume is Edwards.

They will get pick about 53 for Gumbleton but they want that for themselves.

I will be crushed if we cave to the bombers demands. Crameri is a good player, but our rebuild does not live or die on getting him. Especially not this way.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Can we get some assurances from the clubs above us in the PSD and tell Essendon 26 take it or leave it.

I think that may be considered draft tampering by the AFL, though I'm sure it'd happen every year.

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 01:50 PM
GWS: picks 1, 2 and 20. Mummy and Lamb
Melb: picks 9 and 21, Tyson, Michie and Cross
Saints: picks 3, 18, 19 and 22, Delaney

Dogs: pick 4 and Crameri

I think those below us this year will be making ground on us fast if this is fact.

G-Mo77
22-10-2013, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't be pleased if we gave away our third round pick. We'd have pick #4 then not have a selection until 50+. Seems like too big a gap for a club rebuilding.

If we did do this I think we'd have to move someone else on to get a pick in the 30 - 40 range.

GVGjr
22-10-2013, 01:57 PM
I will be crushed if we cave to the bombers demands. Crameri is a good player, but our rebuild does not live or die on getting him. Especially not this way.

While I understand what you are saying, trading is not an exact science and it's hard to pay exactly what a player is worth. Just remember this is what they are asking for which is a big difference from their original starting point.

I'm still very confident in J-Mac making the right call what ever that is.

w3design
22-10-2013, 01:58 PM
This is male cow sh1te. P26 or just walk away JMac. If Stewy falls to us in the PSD fine. If not we will have used 3 picks in the Nat. Draft. *#@#^* them ... Essingdumb. They are a waste of the planet's oxygen !

bornadog
22-10-2013, 01:58 PM
While I understand what you are saying, trading is not an exact science and it's hard to pay exactly what a player is worth. Just remember this is what they are asking for which is a big difference from their original starting point.

I'm still very confident in J-Mac making the right call what ever that is.

I would have thought Simon was making the decisions, everyone keeps talking about J-Mac

The Underdog
22-10-2013, 02:02 PM
GWS: picks 1, 2 and 20. Mummy and Lamb
Melb: picks 9 and 21, Tyson, Michie and Cross
Saints: picks 3, 18, 19 and 22, Delaney

Dogs: pick 4 and Crameri

I think those below us this year will be making ground on us fast if this is fact.

Yeah, it's not like the Saints have lost anyone this offseason. Or are tanking their arses off.
Michie is a young player who has done precisely nothing & Crossy is on the 18th hole.
GWS missed their white whale and have added a good ruckman, a talented but undisciplined defender and a kid. Also lost 2 recent first round mids.
Gilding the lily a little.

Remi Moses
22-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Pick 26 and a swap of third rounders should be the final offer.
Players most times get to their destination via the PSD as clubs are so big on player "buy in" to their clubs.
It's just padding by the H/S with bugger all movement in the trade period.

GVGjr
22-10-2013, 02:05 PM
I would have thought Simon was making the decisions, everyone keeps talking about J-Mac

I obviously see it a bit different The recruiting manager isn't the list manager. Simon's job is to identify the talent and I think the list manager, Dodoro and J-Mac, would be the main people discussing the specific details of any trade. B-Mac would also be involved.
Simon views would be highly regarded but I think it's J-Mac who sign's off on any deal.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Herald Sun has been absolutely shite all off-season.

GVGjr
22-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Pick 26 and a swap of third rounders should be the final offer.
Players most times get to their destination via the PSD as clubs are so big on player "buy in" to their clubs.
It's just padding by the H/S with bugger all movement in the trade period.

I wouldn't be that upset if it was the Gumbleton pick (53) but given the Bombers keep changing their mind who knows what might happen. A lot of the speculation in the media is driven by the Essendon media folk. For a while there Emma Quayle was flying the flag for a pick in the first round. She's been quiet on that for a while now.

Bulldog Revolution
22-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Saints are our only concern

Cant see GWS taking Crameri - they have Patton, Boyd and Cameron - wouldnt make any sense
Melbourne have Hogan, Clark, Dawes and Howe

Its the Saints who may decide they want to take him

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Can't see the Saints bringing him in, seems like they've spent the last 2 weeks trying to trade out anyone over the age of 21.

KT31
22-10-2013, 02:25 PM

Cant see GWS taking Crameri - they have Patton, Boyd and Cameron - wouldnt make any sense

Talk now that Docherty will be in the PSD, so either way if both Crameri and Docherty are in the PSD we will end up with one of them.

Bulldog4life
22-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Yeah, it's not like the Saints have lost anyone this offseason. Or are tanking their arses off.
Michie is a young player who has done precisely nothing & Crossy is on the 18th hole.
GWS missed their white whale and have added a good ruckman, a talented but undisciplined defender and a kid. Also lost 2 recent first round mids.
Gilding the lily a little.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Grrrr!!!!

Lets get this over with already, enough playing nice.

We would be one decent player better off by keeping our pick 26 and going in the PSD.

Remi Moses
22-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Talk now that Docherty will be in the PSD, so either way if both Crameri and Docherty are in the PSD we will end up with one of them.

Wouldn't that set the cat amongst the pidgeons if we offered up 26 for Docherty?:D

Remi Moses
22-10-2013, 03:03 PM

I reckon they'll take either Bruce or Longer in the PSD.

Dancin' Douggy
22-10-2013, 03:06 PM
OK. THAT"S IT.
Screw the bombers.
We just say to Crameri. "Stu, we tried as hard as we could but these bastards are out to screw you over for daring to leave them, and they're trying to screw us over for daring to take you.

We are formally withdrawing our offer and will do our utmost to ensure we get you in the PSD.

The we have pick 4. 26, and Docherty/Crameri. Good result.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 03:35 PM
I don't understand why Stu's manager hasn't taken this rubbish via a complaint to the AFLPA.

Only hope is we are driving the agenda and both we and Stu are happy & confident to go the PSD.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Well Essendon have just traded pick 48 to the Giants. Tell em to get stuffed JMac!

bornadog
22-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Well Essendon have just traded pick 48 to the Giants. Tell em to get stuffed JMac!

and that is why they want 42.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 04:09 PM
They're all take and no give. If any other club could start off trade week with no first or second round picks and finish it with pick 26 and two promising young players they'd be laughing.

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Screw them, this works in our favour now!

They are required to use three picks at the draft. Now it's 66, 80ish and 90ish.

If they want talent then it's our second rounder or nothing. They will be desperate for anything now. If we cave I will be ropable. Their first pick is 66 and Stu has walked. C'mon bulldogs.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-10-2013, 04:13 PM

They are required to use three picks at the draft. Now it's 66, 80ish and 90ish.

If they want talent then it's our second rounder or nothing. They will be desperate for anything now. If we cave I will be ropable. Their first pick is 66 and Stu has walked. C'mon bulldogs.

We better not take 26 and 42 for Crameri and 66

Scraggers
22-10-2013, 04:15 PM
and that is why they want 42.

He is a good player, but he is not worth a second and third round pick

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 04:16 PM
We better not take 26 and 42 for Crameri and 66
Surely not. I know every other club sees us as peasants or Minos, but we shouldn't allow ourselves to be treated as such. This is about pride for me now, we're trying to be screwed and we cannot let it happen.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 04:16 PM

Agree completely. A swap of picks 42 and 48 would have been fair but 42 for 66 is ridiculous.

chef
22-10-2013, 04:38 PM
66 or 42 is it really that big of a deal. In a weak draft that's just lucky dip territory.

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 04:39 PM
66 or 42 is it really that big of a deal. In a weak draft that's just lucky dip territory.
Yes it is.

Bulldog4life
22-10-2013, 04:41 PM
Let's all not get our panties in a knot till we find out what the final result is.

chef
Yes it is.

It's not to me.

chef
Let's all not get our panties in a knot till we find out what the final result is.

I agree, some of the flying off the handle around here is cringe worthy.

Dancin' Douggy
22-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi Adrian, Brendan McCartney here.

Listen mate, we've been fair, we've been consistent, we've been patient.

Pick 26 for Crameri. You have 20 seconds.

(countdown..........3, 2, 1.

No? OK

GET $%#$%@ED.

Deal is now off the table, we'll take our chances in the pre season draft.

whythelongface
22-10-2013, 04:42 PM

Probably not. It has more to do with being bent over by Essendon.

bulldogsthru&thru
22-10-2013, 04:43 PM

Agreed. Cannot let them get away with it

chef
22-10-2013, 04:44 PM

I think it's got more to do with people wanting to 'win' trades.

whythelongface
22-10-2013, 04:48 PM

I don't think so. If we swapped 42 for 48 as well as 26 for Crameri would we have 'won' the trade - maybe, then again maybe not. Whilst I don't think swapping 42 for 66 is to much of a problem (due to a weak draft) I think the issue is that it looks like we are getting screwed by Essendon and therefore we appear weak.

GVGjr
22-10-2013, 04:48 PM
It's not to me.

18 spots is significant. It's not the end of the world but we should want the club to hold it's position. Perhaps the Gumbleton pick would be a reasonable compromise.

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 04:49 PM
It's not to me.
Name three kids that could be taken at 42?

Hourigan could slip, there are some good size defenders from 30+ too and 42 would likely get Brown or Thorpe, 66 won't.

Draft picks are damn precious things, I would hope the club would have learnt the lesson after decades of pissing them away. I think they have fwiw, but please let's not gift them away.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 04:52 PM
If it was about "winning" the trade for me I'd want us to shut up shop and pick up Crameri in the PSD. Pick 26 is a fair offer given the position of the two clubs and the fact that Crameri is out of contract. Swapping picks 42 and 48 would have been worth it just to finish this deal for good, but 42 for 66 is just unnecessary from our point of view.

Topdog
22-10-2013, 04:53 PM

Considering pick 26 for an out of contract player isnt "winning a trade" I think you are being ridiculous and just want to use that term

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 04:53 PM
48 gone, they used it with GWS. Swapping 42 for 48 is a moot point now

bornadog
22-10-2013, 04:54 PM

So you suggest the mods to close the thread and we wait to see what happens at close of business Friday:rolleyes:

bornadog
22-10-2013, 04:56 PM
18 spots is significant. It's not the end of the world but we should want the club to hold it's position. Perhaps the Gumbleton pick would be a reasonable compromise.

It sure is - especially in the mid 40's up

chef
22-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Considering pick 26 for an out of contract player isnt "winning a trade" I think you are being ridiculous and just want to use that term

I think its more ridiculous the way people are carrying on about something that hasnt even happen yet

Bulldog4life
22-10-2013, 05:00 PM
So you suggest the mods to close the thread and we wait to see what happens at close of business Friday:rolleyes:

No I was suggesting that we shouldn't be all doom and gloom till we know what the outcome is. But if you prefer to be that way be my guest.

chef
22-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Name three kids that could be taken at 42?

Hourigan could slip, there are some good size defenders from 30+ too and 42 would likely get Brown or Thorpe, 66 won't.

Draft picks are damn precious things, I would hope the club would have learnt the lesson after decades of pissing them away. I think they have fwiw, but please let's not gift them away.

Fair enough, its just not that big of a deal to me.

Im sure we have plan.

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 05:07 PM
I think its more ridiculous the way people are carrying on about something that hasnt even happen yet
The conversation is based on a premise... I.e. If 'x' occurs then my reaction will be 'y'.

You could make 'x' winning a premiership and 'y' being the reaction of elation.

Obviously if the premise turns out to be incorrect then fine, but I think some of us can pass judgement to say we would be unhappy if the premise was correct. This is a discussion forum, we are discussing both sides of the argument. I hope this is just Hun rubbish fwiw.

Topdog
22-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Fair enough, its just not that big of a deal to me.

Im sure we have plan.

I sure hope our plan isn't drafting only 1 kid in the top 60. We aren't in a premiership window here

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 05:13 PM
I sure hope our plan isn't drafting only 1 kid in the top 60. We aren't in a premiership window here
Don't scare me!

That's the sort of thing we would be talking about in 2021 saying if only... We got Mundy and didn't waste top picks on Street and Veale, maybe we could have gone past the pre-lim like 4 years ago. Throwing around picks for no good reason costs premierships...

Remi Moses
22-10-2013, 05:14 PM

Agree, seeing though they've traded 48 we have to go 26 or see you later

chef
22-10-2013, 05:15 PM

Yep.

im sure our paid professionals know what they're doing. Keep the faith.

chef
22-10-2013, 05:22 PM

Yep, that may come into it.

chef
22-10-2013, 05:24 PM
The conversation is based on a premise... I.e. If 'x' occurs then my reaction will be 'y'.

You could make 'x' winning a premiership and 'y' being the reaction of elation.

Obviously if the premise turns out to be incorrect then fine, but I think some of us can pass judgement to say we would be unhappy if the premise was correct. This is a discussion forum, we are discussing both sides of the argument. I hope this is just Hun rubbish fwiw.

True, I just don't enjoy the rage at our club over things that may not even happen. But I understand it's just part of the joy of being on WOOF(good with the bad:)).

The Doctor
22-10-2013, 05:25 PM
True, I just don't enjoy the rage at our club over things that may not even happen.

gotta love the trade period!!

chef
22-10-2013, 05:26 PM
gotta love the trade period!!

Why does it need to be 3 f*cking weeks:mad:.

My productivity at work is not great ATM, lucky I'm the boss.

Sedat
22-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Normally during trade week I am hanging out to hear of a trade that the Dogs have done - this time around I am hanging out not to hear anything until after Friday 2pm.

BornInDroopSt'54
22-10-2013, 05:36 PM

Why don't you shout the Western Bulldogs senior team and coaching staff to a smorgasbord and charge us WOOFERS $50 a head, next week? Stewart included of course:)

bornadog
22-10-2013, 05:37 PM
No I was suggesting that we shouldn't be all doom and gloom till we know what the outcome is. But if you prefer to be that way be my guest.

I am not doom and gloom and don't believe anyone is - I thought this was a discussion thread and voicing our opinions.

bornadog
22-10-2013, 05:38 PM

Very frustrating mate isn't it.

Bulldog4life
22-10-2013, 05:40 PM
I am not doom and gloom and don't believe anyone is - I thought this was a discussion thread and voicing our opinions.

Exactly and I'm voicing mine.

The Doctor
22-10-2013, 05:41 PM

same :D

Daughter of the West
22-10-2013, 05:52 PM

I currently feel like I'm on a LLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG car trip saying, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?" :mad:

BornInDroopSt'54
22-10-2013, 05:52 PM
same :D

Get back to work and remember there's four quarters of footy and everyone has to give 100% for 100 minutes.

The Doctor
22-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Get back to work and remember there's four quarters of footy and everyone has to give 100% for 100 minutes.

day off :D

BornInDroopSt'54
22-10-2013, 05:56 PM
Normally during trade week I am hanging out to hear of a trade that the Dogs have done - this time around I am hanging out not to hear anything until after Friday 2pm.

Good, so it finishes at 2pm not 5pm, so hopefully no trade for Crameri is made before 2pm.

Dancin' Douggy
22-10-2013, 06:00 PM
No trade will be perfect.
And if the saints take him........ so be it.

Eastdog
22-10-2013, 06:01 PM
We are going to secure Crameri but its just now a question of when. I agree with chef's sentiment in that trade period can sometimes do your head in especially when you hear other clubs doing trades and we still haven't.

Bulldog Joe
22-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Perhaps with Essendon having used 48 the sweetener should now be 60 for 66.

bornadog
22-10-2013, 06:29 PM

That I could live with.

LongWait
22-10-2013, 06:30 PM

Or we do the deal that Essendon are suggesting if they won't budge and pick up Docherty in the PSD with pick 4.

Happy Days
22-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Walk.

Seriously we should have walked a week ago. The PSD is looking clearer and clearer and he will be there at the pick, and even if he's not is it seriously that big an issue? No other club has even tried (publicly) to make a play for him, surely that suggests something about where Stewart is at? Docherty is retarded for Carlton, has nominated Carlton, and even that trade has conjecture to it. This one has zero outside of Essendon being pig headed.

All I can see as a negative is that it might be seen as a slight on Stewart, but I think selling him on the team he is about to play for being stronger with an early second round pick than without it shouldn't be too hard.

always right
22-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Understand all the sentiment and don't necessarily disagree....but I'll be mightily pissed off if we miss out on Crameri. I reckon he will make a significant difference to our team. His inclusion could help fast track a number of our players.

Really hope this turns out well for the club.

LongWait
22-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Understand all the sentiment and don't necessarily disagree....but I'll be mightily pissed off if we miss out on Crameri. I reckon he will make a significant difference to our team. His inclusion could help fast track a number of our players.

Really hope this turns out well for the club.

Essendon will get pick 54 from Freo in the Gumby trade - likely outcome is #26 and #42 for Crameri and #54.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm not out to 'win' the trade. I'm not trying to beat Essendon. Rather I think that we need to be sensible. The prevailing market and Crameri's ability to walk should require Essendon to also not seek to 'win' the trade. Right now their first pick in the draft is 66, possibly improving to 54 if Freo trade for Gumby.
Pick 26 gives them entry into the second round. Last year Wellingham went to the Eagles for pick 17. On this basis alone pick 26 seems about fair.
Right now I get the feeling that Essendon see us as a potentially easy mark to get back two thirds of what they lost in their AFL imposed sanctions.
if we were to take their gambit offer we would be excluding ourselves from the last remaining section of the draft (3rd round) that most clubs see as having significant value.
For mine that is too heavy a price to pay for a guy who in my opinion is a decent player, but not one I'd want to sell the future for. He is already 25 and maybe has 4-5 good years left. If we were a top eight side, pressing for an immediate place in the finals maybe. But the reality is we are still a side in the middle stages of a rebuild and still in need of adding more young talent to the squad for the future. Judicious trading right now, not callously throwing away draft picks is what is required.
I have faith in our club to see this as well.

A Ford
22-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Essendon will get pick 54 from Freo in the Gumby trade - likely outcome is #26 and #42 for Crameri and #54.

Still way too much.
Pick 26 alone is enough. Why are we bending over backwards trying to please Essendon?

Remi Moses
22-10-2013, 08:19 PM
My way of thinking is 22 became 26 so a fair and reasonable assumption would be we swap 42 for. 48.
They're not interested . Been unreasonable since " we're not negeoiating" lines were uttered.
There will be players that fall through the cracks.

Scorlibo
22-10-2013, 08:54 PM
My way of thinking is 22 became 26 so a fair and reasonable assumption would be we swap 42 for. 48.
They're not interested . Been unreasonable since " we're not negeoiating" lines were uttered.
There will be players that fall through the cracks.

That was always going to happen though. I agree with YHF.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 09:02 PM
I might be a bit confused here-if we let crammers go into the PSD are we saying that we will use pick 4 or 26 to get him to the dogs?

Eastdog
22-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I might be a bit confused here-if we let crammers go into the PSD are we saying that we will use pick 4 or 26 to get him to the dogs?

Maybe we won't have to trade anyone if he goes in the PSD but I'm not sure about that.

KT31
22-10-2013, 09:12 PM
This has been going on for nearly three weeks so why haven't the AFL come in and tried to negotiate a suitable outcome ?

bulldogtragic
22-10-2013, 09:13 PM
This has been going on for nearly three weeks so why haven't the AFL come in and tried to negotiate a suitable outcome ?
Now this is a good question!

The Underdog
22-10-2013, 09:14 PM

Perhaps nobody has asked them too

KT31
22-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Perhaps nobody has asked them too

Surely good leadership would meant it was time to jump in and help the two clubs come to a resolution.

LostDoggy
22-10-2013, 09:22 PM
Picks-26 and 60 for Crammers and pick 66

The Underdog
22-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Surely good leadership would meant it was time to jump in and help the two clubs come to a resolution.

I'm pretty sure the clubs need to ask them to assist. Plus there is 3 days to go so still plenty of time.

LongWait
22-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Still way too much.
Pick 26 alone is enough. Why are we bending over backwards trying to please Essendon?

Neither of us knows what is going on, however I'm very confident we are not "bending over backwards trying to please Essendon."

always right
22-10-2013, 09:34 PM

Why should the AFL get involved in something that has until Friday 2.00pm to be resolved? Why should they get involved when there is the PSD as a back-up?

The Underdog
22-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Neither of us knows what is going on, however I'm very confident we are not "bending over backwards trying to please Essendon."

If we were the deal would be done.

It's funny, I was of the opinion that 26 was enough and we should leave it there, but then I found myself looking at what Brisbane were being offered for a bunch of talented young kids who were high draft picks and wondering why teams we're trying to rip them off. Crameri arguably has more exposed high end form than any of those kids and we're offering similar picks. Maybe Essendon are being difficult, maybe they just think he's worth more than what we've offered. I was certainly of the opinion that they were being difficult now I'm not as sure.

Topdog
22-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Why should the AFL get involved in something that has until Friday 2.00pm to be resolved? Why should they get involved when there is the PSD as a back-up?

I agree they shouldnt but didnt they set up a resolution process 2 or so years ago?

Raw Toast
22-10-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm not enjoying Essendon's delaying tactics, but I'm also not averse to us swapping later picks either. It's not like this is supposed to be a deep draft.

The advantage of not taking Crameri in the PSD is that it leaves us free to use that pick on another player, and at least at the moment, it seems like there might be a useful option or two there.

mighty_west
22-10-2013, 10:13 PM
The question is what is Crameri really worth? Keep reading about Hampson going to Richmond for a pick in the 20's so Stew must be worth this or Hawks receiving pick 19 for Buddy so he must he worth that which to me is total garbage, its a bit like buying a house, the same house on the same size block in Braybrook compared to Toorak isn't valued the same, so what any other player deals that go on are completely irrelevant.

The other point is how much do we value his services and being a part of our club and how he helps our structure and forward line compared to all of that with Essendon but them losing him.

If we bulked at a deal that the perception was we were paying slightly overs for a player supporters seem to desperately want in but then lost him due to say the Saints picking him up, would it be worth it? Would people be bitterly disappointed we didn't fall down 20 spots later in the draft to get the deal over the line?

Topdog
22-10-2013, 11:18 PM
The cost is too big if trading for him means we only get 1 player this draft in the top 50. I'm actually starting to think pick 26 is too much based on our position and rebuild.

1eyedog
22-10-2013, 11:35 PM
I wouldn't be pleased if we gave away our third round pick. We'd have pick #4 then not have a selection until 50+. Seems like too big a gap for a club rebuilding.

If we did do this I think we'd have to move someone else on to get a pick in the 30 - 40 range.

It's fine, we have the nucleus of what we need and we can bring others in later. I'm not fussed by moving a pick in the 40s over, if our rebuild hinges on this we're stuffed. We've got an excellent young list, some experience coming to the club and pick 4. People seem more concerned about getting bent over (for pick 42!) than just getting the Crameri deal across the line. He's a good player and we'll be shitting ourselves if he goes PSD because the Saints are pricks and would do it because they are desperate. Let's bypass that option and give them 40 something - it's enough that they are still burning up inside over him wanting to leave.

ReLoad
22-10-2013, 11:46 PM
One of the main things we are doing in 2014 is front loading contracts, Libba Jr, Dahl etc are all having their contracts paid up early which gives us lots more room in coming years, and even after that we still have room to heavily front load a Crameri contract.

Should we fail to land Crameri we will most certainly pay less than the full cap next year so to me getting a player like him is great not only now in the immediate future, but in 2-3 years time when he is on a base wage (having paid the big bucks years ago) and we can keep the uber kids under the cap easily.

Our long term salary position looks great with older guys (murph etc) retiring just as the Libba, wallis etc) hit their prime.

So I would play out this week as follows:
Do a deal with Brisbane 26 for Docherty, Let Disco Stew go to the PSD and hey presto, mission accomplished.

jeemak
22-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Surely it's likely he'll just be traded to us for pick 26. Maybe with a pick swap later on.

We've been pretty quiet, and they've been pretty quiet for a while now so it says to me everyone's waiting to see whether there's some liquidity in available later picks to swap around as the week closes out.

There might also be another club that can help out with a three way trade later on too.

Essendon understand their drafting situation better than anyone. It's easy to sit back and think they're being buffoons in the whole thing, though maybe the clubs are working out something that's reasonable with multiple scenarios to accommodate the trade waiting to be acted upon once all the other cards fall.

bornadog
22-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Surely it's likely he'll just be traded to us for pick 26. Maybe with a pick swap later on.

We've been pretty quiet, and they've been pretty quiet for a while now so it says to me everyone's waiting to see whether there's some liquidity in available later picks to swap around as the week closes out.

There might also be another club that can help out with a three way trade later on too.

Essendon understand their drafting situation better than anyone. It's easy to sit back and think they're being buffoons in the whole thing, though maybe the clubs are working out something that's reasonable with multiple scenarios to accommodate the trade waiting to be acted upon once all the other cards fall.

From The Age:

Essendon had been looking at swapping 48 for the Bulldogs' 42 as part of the Crameri, but the club's decision to use that pick on Edwards and Aylett means they may have to simply accept 26 for their leading goalkicker.
Should the Bombers then accept 58 for Gumbleton, who has asked to be traded to the Dockers, those picks would be their first two in the draft.

and from HUN

The Dogs are holding firm on a straight swap of pick 26 for Stewart Crameri and believe they will get the deal done.

Essendon offered up Crameri and pick 66 to the Dogs in exchange for their picks 26 and 42, but if the Dons get pick 58 for Gumbleton might offer to swap that, rather than pick 66.

Happy Days
23-10-2013, 12:13 AM
The cost is too big if trading for him means we only get 1 player this draft in the top 50. I'm actually starting to think pick 26 is too much based on our position and rebuild.

Right on!

jeemak
23-10-2013, 12:38 AM
From The Age:

and from HUN

I hadn't seen that.

Please trust me, I hadn't seen that! :o

LostDoggy
23-10-2013, 12:43 AM
Pick 4, 26, 42 and Griff. Let's get it done Dogs.

hujsh
23-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Pick 4, 26, 42 and Griff. Let's get it done Dogs.

For what? Hockey, Watson, Goddard and Hurley?:confused:

The Doctor
23-10-2013, 08:21 AM
heard a murmur that Ess have to decide by this afternoon if they will take 26 or it could go elsewhere. not reliable info, just something I heard.

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 08:41 AM
heard a murmur that Ess have to decide by this afternoon if they will take 26 or it could go elsewhere. not reliable info, just something I heard.

I like the idea of a deadline but in principle I hope we don't look to trade the pick if Crameri is going to the PSD.
There is always something going though that could change that thought

Hotdog60
23-10-2013, 09:51 AM

I like the idea of a deadline but in principle I hope we don't look to trade the pick if Crameri is going to the PSD.
There is always something going though that could change that thought

Carlton still haven't tied up Sam Docherty could we planning on a last ditch effort to see if he will come to us. 26 is a lot better than 33 for Brisbane.

G-Mo77
23-10-2013, 09:53 AM
Carlton still haven't tied up Sam Docherty could we planning on a last ditch effort to see if he will come to us. 26 is a lot better than 33 for Brisbane.

But he wants to go to Carlton and not us.

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 09:53 AM

The only problem is that the player won't agree to that.

bornadog
23-10-2013, 09:58 AM
I hadn't seen that.

Please trust me, I hadn't seen that! :o

Doesn't mean its true.

Hotdog60
23-10-2013, 10:11 AM
But he wants to go to Carlton and not us.

I know he has listed Carlton as his preferred club but isn't also contracted to the Lions. If your contracted are you still able to go into the PSD? I was thinking that if the Lions wanted to deal with the Dogs and take pick 26 as a player under contract can he have any say.

He will get to Victoria and if he still wants to go to Carlton we could arrange a deal in 2 years time but in the meantime he gets happy being at the Dogs because we are such a great club he ends up staying.

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 10:30 AM
I know he has listed Carlton as his preferred club but isn't also contracted to the Lions. If your contracted are you still able to go into the PSD? I was thinking that if the Lions wanted to deal with the Dogs and take pick 26 as a player under contract can he have any say.

He will get to Victoria and if he still wants to go to Carlton we could arrange a deal in 2 years time but in the meantime he gets happy being at the Dogs because we are such a great club he ends up staying.

It's a good point you make and no you can't enter the draft if you have a contract.

It will be interesting to see as the trade period starts to close if the go home factor is still exclusive to just one club. We might still be in with a chance.

KT31
23-10-2013, 11:24 AM

Duty of care, surely after being on Essendon's list the last few years and after all the charges and injected substances the AFL have a responsibility to ensure that anyone that wanting to leave should be able to and they should be doing their utmost to help broker a deal.

Topdog
23-10-2013, 11:31 AM

Then we give them pick 26 and tell them to let Doherty go to PSD ala your Essendon proposal?;)

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Then we give them pick 26 and tell them to let Doherty go to PSD ala your Essendon proposal?;)

And have him snapped up by Melbourne :)

KT31
23-10-2013, 11:54 AM
And have him snapped up by Melbourne :)

Surely if it was a choice between us Melbourne he would see the light and pick us before entering the PSD.

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 11:59 AM
Surely if it was a choice between us Melbourne he would see the light and pick us before entering the PSD.

Not so sure, Paul Roos is seen as someone special plus they have a new energy about the club with their trades. Lets not forget it doesn't appear that his manager advised him that we would be better place than the Blues. If he isn't getting good advice, he won't make great decisions.

KT31
23-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Not so sure, Paul Roos is seen as someone special plus they have a new energy about the club with their trades. Lets not forget it doesn't appear that his manager advised him that we would be better place than the Blues. If he isn't getting good advice, he won't make great decisions.

True.

1eyedog
23-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Duty of care, surely after being on Essendon's list the last few years and after all the charges and injected substances the AFL have a responsibility to ensure that anyone that wanting to leave should be able to and they should be doing their utmost to help broker a deal.

I reckon the AFL are hands off that club as it is now in the sights of ASADA. Still really concerned about an infraction notice on Crameri.

Ozza
23-10-2013, 12:43 PM
I guess if its being said: "Let Crameri go to the draft, he wants to come to us, nobody would take a player who didn't want to go there" - then we can't really expect to swoop in and grab Docherty!

Sedat
23-10-2013, 12:54 PM
I guess if its being said: "Let Crameri go to the draft, he wants to come to us, nobody would take a player who didn't want to go there" - then we can't really expect to swoop in and grab Docherty!
There is a subtle difference between the two. Crameri expressely wants to play under BMac. Docherty has a preference to go to Carlton but his most pressing desire is to return to Melbourne.

Twodogs
23-10-2013, 01:05 PM

True.

I reckon most of the feel good factor around Melbourne has dissipated as fast as it appeared. Roos plainly doesn't want to be there and is only in it for the money.

Scraggers
23-10-2013, 01:12 PM

Jade Rawlings (he never wanted to play for us) ??

Tim Watson (at the Eagles) ??

azabob
23-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Jade Rawlings (he never wanted to play for us) ??

Tim Watson (at the Eagles) ??

Did Tim Watson move to Perth though?

Dancin' Douggy
23-10-2013, 01:24 PM
How about we just roll the dice.

Crameri in the PD.

Try to package pick 26 with a player (Picken perhaps) for something like pick 12 - 16.

I think we're almost certain to get Crameri this way.

And use pick 26 to maximium effect instead of giving it to those filth at Effingdon.

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 01:37 PM
How about we just roll the dice.

Crameri in the PD.

Try to package pick 26 with a player (Picken perhaps) for something like pick 12 - 16.

I think we're almost certain to get Crameri this way.

And use pick 26 to maximium effect instead of giving it to those filth at Effingdon.

In this instance you are valuing Picken very highly. He's worth more to us than anyone else.

LostDoggy
23-10-2013, 02:27 PM
It's a good point you make and no you can't enter the draft if you have a contract.

It will be interesting to see as the trade period starts to close if the go home factor is still exclusive to just one club. We might still be in with a chance.

Do you think 26 is a high price for a kid who'd rather be somewhere else?

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Do you think 26 is a high price for a kid who'd rather be somewhere else?

If he wants to come back to Melbourne then I don't think that's an issue.

Remi Moses
23-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Billy longer says Hello.
He wanted Hawthorn,looks like Stkilda.
Crameri's said he only wants to play at our club , and Docherty wants home.

Scraggers
23-10-2013, 03:05 PM
Did Tim Watson move to Perth though?

That's my point ... he didn't want to play for the Eagles, even though he was selected by them. He is actually considered a 'Premiership Eagle' as he was drafted by them (didn't play a game) the year they won the premiership.

I heard recently he still has the tracksuit / jumper etc that the Eagles sent to him.

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Billy longer says Hello.
He wanted Hawthorn,looks like Stkilda.
Crameri's said he only wants to play at our club , and Docherty wants home.

Longer is looking for an opportunity to establish himself after being behind a few others at the Lions. He wants to go to a club that will play him. The Saints would be a great spot for him but they are trying to pay unders.

Crameri negotiated with our club after a difficult season with the Bombers. He also feels like McCartney will get the most out of him.

Docherty want's to come home. If he is genuine with that it shouldn't matter which club because he would get a game with most of them.

The Underdog
23-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Just under 22 hours til Crameri becomes a Bulldog;)

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Just under 22 hours til Crameri becomes a Bulldog;)

Is happening on Thursday?

bornadog
23-10-2013, 05:29 PM

Manager on Trade Radio says will be a Bulldog one way or another. Still working on details but Crameri is prepared to go to PSD if he has to - but that won't be necessary.

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 05:54 PM
Manager on Trade Radio says will be a Bulldog one way or another. Still working on details but Crameri is prepared to go to PSD if he has to - but that won't be necessary.

I was just listening to that. It's good news but I think it might happen on Friday. Thursday will be better.

The Underdog
23-10-2013, 06:09 PM

Crap, me not knowing what day it is strikes again. 45 hours now...

Ghost Dog
23-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Just as well. the Crameri thread is bursting at the seams with over 1000 posts.

divvydan
23-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Essendon are only going to use 2 live picks in this dratt. Given that, if Freo was willing to offer pick 37 for Gumbleton like Essendon wanted, they wouldn't get any value out of making us give more than 26. However, given that it hasn't happened, Freo must only be offering them 55 or so.

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Freo hasn't offered pick 37 for Gumbleton. The Bombers of course want it.

LostDoggy
23-10-2013, 07:22 PM
Gumby's trapped inside Stalag Tullamarine then.....

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Gumby's trapped inside Stalag Tullamarine then.....

I think the Bombers will take 55 or whatever the pick is.

BornInDroopSt'54
23-10-2013, 07:36 PM
By the bye, I was wondering about Crameri's heritage, as I like to, wondering if 'Stewarto' is an Italian name. I came up with this:

Footy: Prato’s journey to Bulldogs not as exotic as Daw but no less remarkable
December 17, 2009 by Rich 7 Comments
By Richard Jones

The Majak Daw story makes a nice yarn. But how about Maryborough boy, Eddie Prato, taken by the Western Bulldogs with pick No.58 in the AFL rookie draft?
Eddie spent most of 2009 playing basketball with the Ballarat Miners in the South East Australian Basketball League. At 6 ft 8 ins in the old, he might have seemed cut out for the hoops game.
But when his SEABL season had been completed Eddie played Rounds 16 and 17 of the Bendigo Football League season for Maryborough’s reserves.
Magpie senior coach Shane Fisher liked what he saw.
Eddie stepped up to the ones for the late August Peter Holliday Tribute Match against Kangaroo Flat and booted three goals. Holliday, a former Flat player, had been tragically killed in the Kokoda Track air crash.
Not content with those three goals in his debut senior match, Eddie landed three more the following weekend for the Bendigo Bomber reserves against the Werribee Tigers.
So his total of footy played in 2009: two BFL matches in the magoos, one senior BFL game and one VFL ressies outing.
He’s spent time since then training at the Whitten Oval. Now he’s on the Doggies’ rookie list.

Shane Fisher, the Maryborough coach, is crowing a little, spruiking to the district clubs from the Maryborough Castlemaine District Football League: see what can happen when you come in and play major-league country footy.

Comments
Sheikh Mohammed bin Rocket says:
December 18, 2009 at 5:14 am
Richard,
Fascinating story.
What is Eddie Prato’s ethnic background?
And why is the Maryborough coach getting stuck into the clubs from the district footy league?
Cheers,
Rocket
Richard E. Jones says:
December 18, 2009 at 10:29 am
GOOD questions, Sir Rodney.
Will follow up on the ethic background matter re Eddie, but the major league Maryborough club vs. the Maryborough-Castlemaine District F.L. clubs’ matter has been simmering — no, boiling — along for some seasons.
Here’s some direct quotes from Maryborough coach Shane Fisher this week. Remember, former Maryborough and then Bendigo Bombers’ VFL player Stewart Crameri (from Italian heritage, of which there’s a rich vein in Maryborough) was also drafted this week.
Stewy went pick 43 to Windy Hill after Essendon overlooked him by one spot 12 months ago.
Back to Fisher. He said Prato’s and Crameri’s selections was a major boost for footy in Maryborough.
“We’re trying to recruit players from the district level to play in the major league and improve their footy,” he said.
“Eddie and Stewy played major league footy and now they’re going to the next level.
“From my point of view Eddie being selected might prove to a few people around Maryborough that there is a pathway to the AFL if they come in and play major league footy.”
So Eddie forged the way to the Bulldogs for Crameri.

josie
23-10-2013, 08:38 PM
G'Day fellow woofers,

Any guesses on the potential 3 way deal to have Gumby at Freo & Crameri at Dogs?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-relies-on-three-way-deal-to-get-stewart-crameri-and-scott-gumbleton-to-rival-clubs/story-fn69a32t-1226745430227

Raw Toast
23-10-2013, 08:45 PM
G'Day fellow woofers,

Any guesses on the potential 3 way deal to have Gumby at Freo & Crameri at Dogs?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-relies-on-three-way-deal-to-get-stewart-crameri-and-scott-gumbleton-to-rival-clubs/story-fn69a32t-1226745430227

Yes, Essendon use the pick they get for Gumbleton to swap with us in a bit more of an equitable pick swap than the one they can currently manage.

LostDoggy
23-10-2013, 08:52 PM
G'Day fellow woofers,

That journo made that story up himself because Connors didn't mention a three way deal on the Trade Radio interview today. Better known as a Beat-up.

boydogs
23-10-2013, 09:07 PM
G'Day fellow woofers,

Gumbleton to Freo for Freo's 3rd round pick, on traded to WB with Crameri for our 2nd & 3rd round picks.

The Bulldogs Bite
23-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Why do we have to include a swap of picks?

I just don't see the point of it from our sake. 26 is reasonable and we 'owe' Essendon nothing.

GVGjr
23-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Why do we have to include a swap of picks?

I just don't see the point of it from our sake. 26 is reasonable and we 'owe' Essendon nothing.

I listed to Connors and it wasn't mentioned. Twitter rumor.

Sedat
23-10-2013, 11:43 PM
All I keep hearing from Connors all trade period is that his client is more than happy to go through to the PSD.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 09:38 AM
All I keep hearing from Connors all trade period is that his client is more than happy to go through to the PSD.

I hope he does. Pardon my french but *!*!*!*! Essendon. Hardest team to deal with by far. They are not in a position to ask for anything. Will throw up if we give them a swap of picks, time we played hardball and stopped being pushovers!

dadsgirl16
24-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Essendon recruiting guy has just been on SEN..he is meeting with J-Mac this morning
Apparently they have been trying to persuade Stew to stay but he is hell bent on coming to us so
done deal soon!!

KT31
24-10-2013, 09:47 AM
Essendon recruiting guy has just been on SEN..he is meeting with J-Mac this morning
Apparently they have been trying to persuade Stew to stay but he is hell bent on coming to us so
done deal soon!!

Hope the deal is done today for all of our sakes.

Go_Dogs
24-10-2013, 09:47 AM
One thing the EFC do well is spin.

Look forward to hearing it's across the line today.

bornadog
24-10-2013, 09:48 AM
done deal soon!!

Isn't it great he wants to come to us and not stay at Essendon:)

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 10:24 AM
done deal soon!!

Word was a couple of weeks back he was still in two minds but still strongly leaning to joining us. Essendon went hard at persuading him to stay.

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Isn't it great he wants to come to us and not stay at Essendon:)

I'll say but to be honest, I can't believe why more haven't tried to depart.

bornadog
24-10-2013, 10:28 AM

Essendon rarely lose players - there must be a very strong culture there and bond between players.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 10:29 AM

Trying to get away from a cult can be hard.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 10:31 AM
done deal soon!!

Which means they are now accepting they are officially now on the back foot. Move the deal to our third rounder and a swap of 4th round picks!

Topdog
24-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Which means they are now accepting they are officially now on the back foot. Move the deal to our third rounder and a swap of 4th round picks!

No that is petty and just trying to "win" the trade. Just offer what is fair, stick to it and never get scared of losing him for a fair trade.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 10:49 AM
No that is petty and just trying to "win" the trade. Just offer what is fair, stick to it and never get scared of losing him for a fair trade.

I know. I'm just being petty ..... Not a good strategy. Was on a
grumpy conference call when I wrote it :)

Twodogs
24-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Trying to get away from a cult can be hard.

Heh!

Just drink your cordial.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Come on over Crameri

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-coach-mark-thompson-cant-convince-stewart-crameri-to-stay-at-windy-hill/story-fn69a32t-1226745757115

bulldogtragic
24-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Come on over Crameri

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-coach-mark-thompson-cant-convince-stewart-crameri-to-stay-at-windy-hill/story-fn69a32t-1226745757115
26 or nada.

Scraggers
24-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Heh!

Just drink your cordial.

Bahahahahaha ... Oh, I shouldn't laugh

Scraggers
24-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Crameri to the Dogs for pick 26 ... Pick 26 and Gumbleton to Freo for pick 17 ?

azabob
24-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Crameri to the Dogs for pick 26 ... Pick 26 and Gumbleton to Freo for pick 17 ?

Fremantle surely are paying overs?

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Essendon rarely lose players - there must be a very strong culture there and bond between players.

ANZAC Day.
“Big four” club.
50,000+ members.
(Until recently) regular finals appearances.
16 flags.
Plenty of $$$.

Obviously with the ASADA saga, that's been diluted somewhat, but they still have a pretty compelling recruitment message.

Fremantle surely are paying overs?

If it helps us get the deal across the line, good on 'em, let 'em pay overs.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 12:47 PM
(Sorry for the double-post)

Come on over Crameri

“I suppose we've got to respect that.”

Knob.

Essendon are merely sticking the last knife in. It's a message to their fans: “We pleaded with him, but the disloyal mongrel is hell-bent on leaving us. It can't be because the Dogs are a better club who don't cheat and don't inject their players with weird che4micals, don't worry about that, it's just because he's mates with BMac.”

Bulldog Revolution
24-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Crameri cant have been too keen to entertain staying if they couldnt even get him in the same room as Bomber.

I mean if you really want someone to stay, you dont just call them, you go and meet with them.

Its a credit to Crameri that hes been so adamant about coming to us. Its the most loyalty on an uncontracted player has ever shown to us, in view of the protracted trade period, and pressure from Essendon.

Cyberdoggie
24-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Essendon spin doctors have finally come up with their reason why he is leaving, which is that he has a special relationship with BMac because he coached him at Essendon.

I guess the ASADA stuff and the money had nothing to do with it.

Anyway if Essendon have resided to the fact he's gone, and they are busy making other trades then they may be more willing to concede some ground here and not worry about saving face.

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Jon Ralph has reported that the deal could be done today.

Greystache
24-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Jon Ralph has reported that the deal could be done today.

I'm surprised with John Ralph's intellectual abilities he didn't report that the trade could be done today or tomorrow, and if not it would certainly be done early next week.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 02:23 PM
At least they are finally acknowledging that it isn't all about the money for Crameri but more a motivation to work with Macca.
If he had confirmed his wish to be traded a week ago surely they could have facilitated the trade by now.

Hotdog60
24-10-2013, 02:26 PM
At least they are finally acknowledging that it isn't all about the money for Crameri but more a motivation to work with Macca.
If he had confirmed his wish to be traded a week ago surely they could have facilitated the trade by now.

Essendon just like to drag things out to the last minute. All clubs should get 7 days to facilitate trades while Essendon should only have 3 days.

Larunda
24-10-2013, 02:31 PM
It's over, the deal has been done. Stewart Crameri officially a doggie.

The Underdog
24-10-2013, 02:34 PM

Nice one, thanks. Looks like that guy who said 22 hours knew what he was talking about...:o

bornadog
24-10-2013, 02:37 PM

not reported yet

strebla
24-10-2013, 02:39 PM
What is the deal though ??? I can't find it. Posted by a relative on FB but can't find info anywhere

bornadog
24-10-2013, 02:41 PM
What is the deal though ??? I can't find it. Posted by a relative on FB but can't find info anywhere

Papers need to be lodged to make it official

strebla
24-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Papers need to be lodged to make it official

Thanks Bornadog I will take a chill pill and relax hoping we stuck fast.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Let's hope they delay it until tomorrow so this thread can reach 1500 posts. That's the main concern at the moment.

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 02:44 PM

Do you know the deal?

always right
24-10-2013, 02:51 PM
not reported yet

I'm backing Larunda on this one. Welcome to the bulldogs Stewie and thanks for choosing our club.

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Does he now need a dedicated supporter group? The Crameri Army?

The Underdog
24-10-2013, 02:55 PM

Old Cramerians?

Ozza
24-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Welcome aboard Crammers!

#8, I'm predicting.

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Old Cramerians?

Club house leader ;)

The Bulldogs Bite
24-10-2013, 02:56 PM

All in favour say I.

I.

:D

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 02:58 PM
Apparently his sister has confirmed this on FB.

Interested in the details.

Sedat
24-10-2013, 02:59 PM
Old Cramerians?
In reverence to Seinfeld, how about Cramerica?

bulldogtragic
24-10-2013, 03:00 PM

I'm excited, but it want to know the price before getting too excited.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-10-2013, 03:00 PM
The Crameri Armoury.

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 03:03 PM

May I suggest that you jump up and down like an idiot now and worry about the finer points later ;) Nothing wrong with having a cry later.

always right
24-10-2013, 03:04 PM

Get excited....it is what it is.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 03:04 PM
1245th post

BornInDroopSt'54
24-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Get excited....it is what it is.

Fait accompli.

Mantis
24-10-2013, 03:09 PM
1245th post

Sympathy post.

G-Mo77
24-10-2013, 03:18 PM
I'm backing Larunda on this one. Welcome to the bulldogs Stewie and thanks for choosing our club.

Yep so am I. Larunda has been a welcome addition to this site.

chef
24-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Thank god its over.

Mofra
24-10-2013, 03:25 PM

Ditto.

Trade details also ;)

Greystache
24-10-2013, 03:32 PM

That's good enough for me.

Welcome to the Bulldogs... Both of you! :)