24-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Full details here:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2013-10-24/crameri-signs-on.workstation

Throughandthrough
24-10-2013, 02:40 PM
great trading.

Bulldog4life
24-10-2013, 02:43 PM
Welcome to the bulldogs Stewie. Congratulations to all at our Club for holding firm. Good trading.

jeemak
24-10-2013, 02:44 PM
Great outcome.

strebla
24-10-2013, 02:44 PM
That's great news pick 26 is right both ways but it says to other clubs the doggies are nobodies bi##h

bulldogtragic
24-10-2013, 02:45 PM
May I suggest that you jump up and down like an idiot now and worry about the finer points later ;) Nothing wrong with having a cry later.
No need for tears, pick 26. Yeah. Now let's see who else we can get.

The Bulldogs Bite
24-10-2013, 02:48 PM
Very good result for the club, well done to J-Mac and the club for holding firm. With all the speculation floating around, I was worried we'd cough up more than that, and that's what makes the three week period frustrating. There's a lot of crap bandied about, difficult not to become somewhat alert of certain reports.

Pick 26 is slightly unders IMO, so a good result. Welcome to the Tricolour Stuart Crameri!

Mantis
24-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Very good result for the club, well done to J-Mac and the club for holding firm. With all the speculation floating around, I was worried we'd cough up more than that, and that's what makes the three week period frustrating. There's a lot of crap bandied about, difficult not to become somewhat alert of certain reports.

Pick 26 is slightly unders IMO, so a good result. Welcome to the Tricolour Stuart Crameri!

Ditto... But it's Stewart!

Remi Moses
24-10-2013, 02:50 PM
Pick 26 is a good deal for both clubs
Now they're talking tough on Gumby !
Honestly Essendon

The Bulldogs Bite
24-10-2013, 02:55 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/DONS-TO-DOGS_FA.jpg

bulldogtragic
24-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Pick 26 is a good deal for both clubs
Now they're talking tough on Gumby !
Honestly Essendon
They may get Marsh with 26, so they shouldn't be sooking too much.

Happy Days
24-10-2013, 03:09 PM
Cramerama!

Like I stated when the deal was first thought to be a fait accompli about 8 months ago, despite my hesitation about acquiring an injury prone mid sizer, now that he's a dog he's my favourite player due to being the most likely to kick bags on the regular.

Welcome aboard Stewart.

JohnGentStand
24-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Great news. 2014 - More bite than bark.

Cyberdoggie
24-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Well done to the club for holding their ground.

Up yours Essendon! :p

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 03:16 PM
The mongrel is returning this Bulldogs outfit. #WeDontBlink

ReLoad
24-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Disco Stew likes to party!

The Doctor
24-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Absolutely delighted the club held it's ground in this deal. Very professional performance from all concerned in the footy dept.

It must have been excruciating dealing with Essendon and in fairness to them they had every right to try and see if we would buckle. I would expect our club to do the same in similar circumstances.

We held our nerve and didn't get pushed off the ball. Well done Dogs!!!

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 03:30 PM
Absolutely delighted the club held it's ground in this deal. Very professional performance from all concerned in the footy dept.

It must have been excruciating dealing with Essendon and in fairness to them they had every right to try and see if we would buckle. I would expect our club to do the same in similar circumstances.

Dare say we cracked in and played contested trading.

Like you, I'm very impressed that we won this battle of wills. Good triumphs over stupidity.

Sedat
24-10-2013, 03:32 PM

Couldn't agree more. After 3 weeks of Essendon posturing and spin, it amounted to absolutely nothing. Well done JMac and Dogs, and welcome to the kennel Stew.

bornadog
24-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Dodoro speaking now on trade radio, says they tried hard to keep him. Barrett says you have done a deal early considering its not 2pm Friday:D

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Dodoro speaking now on trade radio, says they tried hard to keep him. Barrett says you have done a deal early considering its not 2pm Friday:D

Ahahahaha :D

westdog54
24-10-2013, 04:34 PM

Nice and sharp by purple! Like it:D

To quote my favourite wrestling commentator, Good ol' JR Jim Ross.

"Thank God! Thank God! There is a God!"

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 05:18 PM
#meltdownaverted
#couldn'tbeprouder
#suckitdodoro
#welcomestewart!

Topdog
24-10-2013, 05:28 PM
well said Doctor agree with it all. Welcome to the club Stewart.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Already a short video on the website if anyone is interesting.

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/video/2013-10-24/jason-mccartney-talks-crameri-signing

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
24-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Echoing the sentiments of those posters above. Well done to our negotiating team in staying the course and ensuring we got our man at a sensible price.

ratsmac
24-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Pumped! Can't wait for Stew and Stringer to bully some defenders next year. Get excited fellas!

Disco for his nick name for me too

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 06:20 PM
Pumped! Can't wait for Stew and Stringer to bully some defenders next year. Get excited fellas!

Got some serious mongrel back in the side now. Stew, Stringer, Campbell, Minson, Smith, Libba, Wallis, ect... Gonna be great fun watching this side.

Ghost Dog
24-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Now the question is, will we look back and think we paid overs? or will it be a solid investment?
Welcome to the Club Stew. Can't wait for our first clash with Essendon.

Bulldog Joe
24-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Now the question is, will we look back and think we paid overs?

That is not a question to ask.

We identified who we wanted and we went and got him.

That is all.

mighty_west
24-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Now the question is, will we look back and think we paid overs? or will it be a solid investment?
Welcome to the Club Stew. Can't wait for our first clash with Essendon.

If he gives us what he has given Essendon over the past few seasons, we have done extremely well in this trade imo, I actually think he was worth late first round pick (16-22) given his talents and how he helps our fwd structure, plus given his age.

soupman
24-10-2013, 07:01 PM
If he gives us what he has given Essendon over the past few seasons, we have done extremely well in this trade imo, I actually think he was worth late first round pick (16-22) given his talents and how he helps our fwd structure, plus given his age.

I also think 26 is well under

JohnGentStand
24-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Got some serious mongrel back in the side now. Stew, Stringer, Campbell, Minson, Smith, Libba, Wallis, ect... Gonna be great fun watching this side.

This is right where it hits me too. I love watching the guys with the fiercest wills get to work. That's what separates great teams from good ones.

Raw Toast
24-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Nice one, thanks. Looks like that guy who said 22 hours knew what he was talking about...:o

Old Cramerians?

On fire!

Very happy with this, I wonder if we can now tempt someone into the PSD...

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 07:13 PM
This is right where it hits me too. I love watching the guys with the fiercest wills get to work. That's what separates great teams from good ones.

I'd take a bone crunching tackle or shepherd over a Jeremy Howe screamer anyday.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 07:59 PM
I'd take a bone crunching tackle or shepherd over a Jeremy Howe screamer anyday.

How about a bone-crunching screamer?

I'm rapt with how our club is coming together again. I'm in serious danger of being arrested for stalking and harassment the next time I see Peter Gordon or Brendan McCartney, so make sure you boys post bail and/or a character reference ok?

Liberatore. Picken. Stringer. Gordon. JMac. BMac. Wallis. Dahlhaus. Morris.

Charlie Sutton is smiling from above boys. The Mongrel is back!!

LongWait
24-10-2013, 08:37 PM
I wonder whether Stewie will go to Colorado with the other talls? Would be good to get to know some of his team mates sooner than later and could really benefit his own development.

Twodogs
24-10-2013, 09:17 PM
I wonder whether Stewie will go to Colorado with the other talls? Would be good to get to know some of his team mates sooner than later and could really benefit his own development.

Welcome aboard Stewart. The social club kittty is over there. If you could just pop 5 grand in it your dues will be payed. That entitles you to a free trip to Arizona though.

Not exactly a luxury hotel, no...

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 10:08 PM
I have a sneaky feeling he bought his plane ticket a few weeks ago when the other boys did.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Welcome aboard Crammers! Well done to all involed @ the kennel for holding firm against Dodoro and his CRONNIES!
Can't wait for 2014 and to see more mongrel now with CRAMMERS,STRINGER,CLAY,PICKERS,DAHL,SOL AND SOW SMASHING TACKLES INTO THE OPPOSITION!
Agree we paid unders @ 26 for someone with his talent.

bulldogtragic
24-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Is this the biggest WOOF thread yet?

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Is this the biggest WOOF thread yet?

No.

http://woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9854&page=101

bulldogtragic
24-10-2013, 10:17 PM
No.

http://woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9854&page=101
I've got a feeling Stew can crack the 2000 and beyond!

Thanks G.

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 10:22 PM
I've got a feeling Stew can crack the 2000 and beyond!

Thanks G.

I should close all threads that get to 1954 posts :)

bulldogtragic
24-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Or... tempt fate with 2014 posts! :)

mjp
24-10-2013, 11:56 PM

I loved the bigfooty 1954 custom...

Happy Days
25-10-2013, 03:06 AM
I'm going to buck all the niceties here; we should have got him for free.

GVGjr
25-10-2013, 06:12 AM

It would mean he couldn't train at the club until December

Bulldog Revolution
25-10-2013, 06:57 AM
It would mean he couldn't train at the club until December

And it would have been hanging the bloke out in the wind

St Kilda could easily have decided they wanted him, and Crameri had the guts to stick to his guns and demand to be traded to us

bornadog
25-10-2013, 09:21 AM

Mate be happy we got him and he wanted to play for us. He is a ready made player and at the age of 25 could be with us for at least 5 years.

KT31
25-10-2013, 10:07 AM

He done right by us and I'm glad we have done right by him.

BulldogBelle
25-10-2013, 10:42 AM
What does telling him "mate, Essendon have finally accepted the trade but we've decided to risk getting you in the PSD for free" do to the mindset of the player.

Raw Toast
25-10-2013, 10:51 AM
What does telling him "mate, Essendon have finally accepted the trade but we've decided to risk getting you in the PSD for free" do to the mindset of the player.

Yes, wrong on many levels - no guarantee we get him, leaves the player hanging, we'd hate it if done to us, reputation is important, and importantly it means we can still get another players in the PSD. (And the expansion teams deserve to be feasted upon.)

chef
25-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Not sure he'd want to burn his old club too.

Sedat
25-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Yes, wrong on many levels - no guarantee we get him, leaves the player hanging, we'd hate it if done to us, reputation is important, and importantly it means we can still get another players in the PSD. (And the expansion teams deserve to be feasted upon.)
Agreed. Had Essendon dug in their heels and not accepted our pick 26, different story altogether. But once they accepted the offer, we had to do the deal - and frankly it is a more than fair price for a player of Crameri's ability, age profile and career output to date.

Raw Toast
25-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Agreed. Had Essendon dug in their heels and not accepted our pick 26, different story altogether. But once they accepted the offer, we had to do the deal - and frankly it is a more than fair price for a player of Crameri's ability, age profile and career output to date.

Indeed, and if you look at some of the other deals that have been done the price looks very fair.

bulldogtragic
25-10-2013, 11:17 AM
Indeed, and if you look at some of the other deals that have been done the price looks very fair.
Especially when you consider Lake was worth a 5 pick upgrade last year, and our second rounder dropped by 4 spots softer FA Compo. I think it's a win for us, and if they select right, it's a win for them too.

SonofScray
25-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Especially when you consider Lake was worth a 5 pick upgrade last year, and our second rounder dropped by 4 spots softer FA Compo. I think it's a win for us, and if they select right, it's a win for them too.

I just hope whoever they pick is a complete bust now.

LostDoggy
26-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Just be happy we got him.��

BulldogBelle
27-10-2013, 07:49 PM
Will having Crameri fill that Brad Johnson type void we've all felt since his departure?

The Bulldogs Bite
27-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Will having Crameri fill that Brad Johnson type void we've all felt since his departure?

It will a little bit, although obviously Johnson is a far superior player/match winner. Johnno played a lot deeper than I think Crammers will.

I think a more accurate call is that we are building a forward line that was similar to our 08-09 side. The likes of Johnson, Aker, Hahn, Robbins, Murphy and Welsh were not imposing figures but they were all very good over head and very good at ground level. Minson was typically the "big FF" we trialled. Crameri, Stringer, Dickson, Higgins, Dahlhaus and Hunter are all very good 1-on-1 in the air and on the ground. This time around our big guys are Jones and Campbell and are both a little different, though Campbell is pretty good at ground level for a big guy and is a smart player. Jones needs to improve in these areas but he's got great athleticism.

jeemak
27-10-2013, 09:43 PM
It will a little bit, although obviously Johnson is a far superior player/match winner. Johnno played a lot deeper than I think Crammers will.

I think a more accurate call is that we are building a forward line that was similar to our 08-09 side. The likes of Johnson, Aker, Hahn, Robbins, Murphy and Welsh were not imposing figures but they were all very good over head and very good at ground level. Minson was typically the "big FF" we trialled. Crameri, Stringer, Dickson, Higgins, Dahlhaus and Hunter are all very good 1-on-1 in the air and on the ground. This time around our big guys are Jones and Campbell and are both a little different, though Campbell is pretty good at ground level for a big guy and is a smart player. Jones needs to improve in these areas but he's got great athleticism.

I view Jones as the big winner out of the Crameri acquisition. I don't think he's as far away as others with respect to his forward smarts.

He does lead under the ball a lot, but just as equally he gets burned by terrible kicking and disorganised or slow forward movement. Having a forward leading high, and gaining possession to give it off quickly will leave Jones isolated more than he has been over the last two seasons. Given a chance to jump at the ball, particularly on a medium sized or second string defender will see him be much more effective.

The Bulldogs Bite
27-10-2013, 10:01 PM
I view Jones as the big winner out of the Crameri acquisition. I don't think he's as far away as others with respect to his forward smarts.

He does lead under the ball a lot, but just as equally he gets burned by terrible kicking and disorganised or slow forward movement. Having a forward leading high, and gaining possession to give it off quickly will leave Jones isolated more than he has been over the last two seasons. Given a chance to jump at the ball, particularly on a medium sized or second string defender will see him be much more effective.

It's an interesting year for Jones, he needs to show some big improvements.

I like him as a player and he has the attributes to make him dangerous. Whenever he's sent back to the VFL, he generally dominates and often it is against quality players. I remember watching him towel up Brown last season, for a few reasons, he hasn't been able to transfer that across to the next level.

Our ball movement does have its part to play in this, but I still think Jones is his own worst enemy at times. He still doesn't read the play very well and he can be caught ball watching, which leads to the 'big bomb' being sent his way. He then tries to wrestle his opponent and take one handed grabs, neither of which is his forte. This is why I hate seeing him play deep. When he's played at CHF he is much more inclined to provide consecutive leads, using his pace, leap and strong hands to advantage. For him to become effective in this Riewoldt-esque role, he needs to improve his tank so that he stays involved longer.

The few games that Williams played at FF actually helped Jones too, as Tommy was always on the move and this forced Jones to do the same. Both guys are tough to stop when this is the case, and it also creates a lot of space and movement behind them which is so important in today's footy.

Crameri should take pressure off Jones and compliment his style. If Grant can maintain his form and Stringer can get fitter, it should help Jones really elevate his game. The tools are definitely there.

LostDoggy
27-10-2013, 10:06 PM
You make a good point. Williams could be the linchpin to all of this. If he ever gets some continuity as our full forward in the next couple of years then look out. He straightens the line up enormously, gets Jones up the ground and if you add Crameri and a developing Stringer/Hunter/Grant combo around them it could get real fun; real fast....

LostDoggy
27-10-2013, 10:26 PM

How do you replace the smiling assassin. The guy was a total legend and along with Chris Grant the most important figure to the club in my 40 odd years. His interview when he was drafted was a beaut. Massive smile from ear to ear - so excited to be joining our great team and he never changed. We miss him like Gotham city misses batman, like a lonely dog longs for its master, like the winter sparrow waiting for the sun :(

jeemak
27-10-2013, 10:39 PM
How do you replace the smiling assassin. The guy was a total legend and along with Chris Grant the most important figure to the club in my 40 odd years. His interview when he was drafted was a beaut. Massive smile from ear to ear - so excited to be joining our great team and he never changed. We miss him like Gotham city misses batman, like a lonely dog longs for its master, like the winter sparrow waiting for the sun :(

Brad Johnson sacrificed his natural game to give our forward line credibility over a number of years through playing a key forward role when nobody else could. The reason I admire him so greatly is that he did it with such exceptional output and class, when he'd have still gotten a pat on the back just for being solid and holding his position.

The guy was an absolute gun, and apart from being named AA captain in 2006 his efforts were in a lot of ways undervalued by the football community.

If there was ever a Bulldogs player that deserved a flag, it was him.

jeemak
27-10-2013, 10:45 PM
It's an interesting year for Jones, he needs to show some big improvements.

I like him as a player and he has the attributes to make him dangerous. Whenever he's sent back to the VFL, he generally dominates and often it is against quality players. I remember watching him towel up Brown last season, for a few reasons, he hasn't been able to transfer that across to the next level.

Our ball movement does have its part to play in this, but I still think Jones is his own worst enemy at times. He still doesn't read the play very well and he can be caught ball watching, which leads to the 'big bomb' being sent his way. He then tries to wrestle his opponent and take one handed grabs, neither of which is his forte. This is why I hate seeing him play deep. When he's played at CHF he is much more inclined to provide consecutive leads, using his pace, leap and strong hands to advantage. For him to become effective in this Riewoldt-esque role, he needs to improve his tank so that he stays involved longer.

The few games that Williams played at FF actually helped Jones too, as Tommy was always on the move and this forced Jones to do the same. Both guys are tough to stop when this is the case, and it also creates a lot of space and movement behind them which is so important in today's footy.

Crameri should take pressure off Jones and compliment his style. If Grant can maintain his form and Stringer can get fitter, it should help Jones really elevate his game. The tools are definitely there.

You make some good points. I don't see how we can play a fit Williams anywhere other than in defense though, particularly if we have all of Grant, Jones, Crameri and Campbell (or Cordy) fit and ready to go.

A fit Williams in defense would be a good thing though. Talia, Morris and Roberts aren't enough for us at this point in time.

I completely agree that Jones needs to improve his fitness. Playing high at this point in time, sees him leading once, and not being fit enough to push back hard to give himself enough space to lead into again. That's why Reiwoldt is so good in that role. He doesn't let space in front of him gradually get eaten up by not running back deep enough.

BulldogBelle
27-10-2013, 10:47 PM

I posted that comment after having a bit of a Brad Johnson night in, youtubed every single video that had absolutely anything to do with the legend himself! There's a fairly complete copy of the 2006 elimination final on youtube now.

He will never be replaced as my favourite ever player.

Hotdog60
27-10-2013, 11:43 PM
You make some good points. I don't see how we can play a fit Williams anywhere other than in defense though, particularly if we have all of Grant, Jones, Crameri and Campbell (or Cordy) fit and ready to go.

A fit Williams in defense would be a good thing though. Talia, Morris and Roberts aren't enough for us at this point in time.

I completely agree that Jones needs to improve his fitness. Playing high at this point in time, sees him leading once, and not being fit enough to push back hard to give himself enough space to lead into again. That's why Reiwoldt is so good in that role. He doesn't let space in front of him gradually get eaten up by not running back deep enough.

The thing is I think Williams looks more at home on the forward line than he ever did in the back line. But in saying that he hasn't had a run long enough in either position. Fitting him in the forward line may now be hard.

Ghost Dog
28-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Watching the replay of how Tommy did his last shoulder scares me. He barely lifted it above his head.
Maybe his body isn't made for AFL?

SquirrelGrip
28-10-2013, 01:02 AM
It's been said on this forum before but if Liam Jones can become more flexible as a wingman and play down back sometimes, then it will give us greater flexibility, especially with Tom fit.

It's not easy playing key position forward against the number one defender week in week out. To see Jones mix it up would really help out the team structure.

GVGjr
28-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Log on to the club website and see Stewart Crameri's press conference being streamed now

Hotdog60
28-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Crap! Missed it. I was reading Gia's story.

always right
28-10-2013, 01:06 PM
He speaks well. Having Macca in charge is certainly key to his decision.

LostDoggy
28-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Also good to hear that he's going on the big mans camp with the other boys

Remi Moses
28-10-2013, 04:16 PM
God I hope he has a stellar season.

whythelongface
28-10-2013, 04:29 PM
and he reckons he can play for another 10 seasons :)

The Bulldogs Bite
28-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Having watched a few interviews with him, he seems like a really likeable guy with a great attitude.

The Doctor
28-10-2013, 06:28 PM
God I hope he has a stellar season.

prefer career

stefoid
29-10-2013, 09:01 AM
and he reckons he can play for another 10 seasons :)

They all do.

AndrewP6
29-10-2013, 08:53 PM
Seems to have been in a good paddock.

GVGjr
29-10-2013, 08:59 PM

I'm not seeing that but I suppose he has had a few weeks off.

jeemak
29-10-2013, 09:41 PM
He looks to have lost some tone, or not be as lean as he would be either in eight weeks time or just before the season starts.

LostDoggy
30-10-2013, 12:35 PM
The amount of work these guys put into their bodies it only takes a couple of weeks off to notice a change.

Happy Days
30-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Stew's lookin' fat.

Didn't we crucify Josh Hill for this one year?

The Underdog
30-10-2013, 12:40 PM

If only he had 5 months of pre-season training to get fit.

GVGjr
30-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Stew's lookin' fat.

Didn't we crucify Josh Hill for this one year?

I think it was Malcolm Lynch and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with Crameri

bulldogtragic
30-10-2013, 04:47 PM
I think it was Malcolm Lynch and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with Crameri
Yeah, was Mal. From memory, I think his lying about his time off back home to Rocket compounded the problem.

GVGjr
30-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Yeah, was Mal. From memory, I think his lying about his time off back home to Rocket compounded the problem.

Was too famous to go for a run when he was home on a break and came back a few kg too heavy on a small frame.

Does Crameri look like he's been in a good paddock to you? I can't see it.

Scorlibo
30-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Was too famous to go for a run when he was home on a break and came back a few kg too heavy on a small frame.

Does Crameri look like he's been in a good paddock to you? I can't see it.

I'm with you, I don't see it. He won't ever have the muscle tone of other players, and we've heard from a few sources that he's a fitness fanatic who promises to lead us on the training track in the absence of Crossy.

KT31
30-10-2013, 06:52 PM
Bloke hasn't even really started with us and posters are already having a crack.
Lets just let him prove he was the punt we took.

ledge
30-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Bloke hasn't even really started with us and posters are already having a crack.

Yes sad isn't it and they are going on how he looks?
Couldn't care less if he was 25 stone and fat as a pig if he can play footy to the standard he is asked I couldn't give a damn.

Greystache
30-10-2013, 07:19 PM

Some people are always going to look for the negative in every situation, it's just the way they are.

To me he looks the same as he did every time I saw him line up for Essendon, but this is the time where every player is their unfittest.

Larunda
30-10-2013, 07:28 PM
This person is paying own way to Colorado, going with the group next Tuesday.
Remember he has just had an operation, but has recovered and has started training. His weight does not change much.

soupman
30-10-2013, 07:33 PM

Impressed with his commitment, likewise with Sam Darley, to invest in such a trip straight away. Hopefully it provides benefits not only in fitness areas but really brings the nucleus of our side for the next 10 years together.

Greystache
30-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Remember he has just had an operation, but has recovered and has started training. His weight does not change much.

I wouldn't take too much notice of the minority of supporters. Stewart has handled himself with outstanding professionalism throughout the entire trade period and I have no doubt that will continue into the season proper.

bulldogtragic
30-10-2013, 07:43 PM
It's a brave new world for Stew (which not only has he embraced, but knew what he was joining and came anyway - class act), but there's no band of super rich sycophantic coteries with bottomless pockets to pay for things.

Disclaimer: This comment is no way meant as a slight, derogatory or defamatory statement of or towards the very powerful "lawyers for Essendon coterie". You sirs, are wonderfully, delightful intelligent people funding the players who play for the team you support. God bless.

Larunda
30-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Amazing Essendon de listed Alwyn Davey, so many others that should go before him. I think he came second in goal kicking last year. Would have thought Jetta would have gone first.

1eyedog
30-10-2013, 08:18 PM
Amazing Essendon de listed Alwyn Davey, so many others that should go before him. I think he came second in goal kicking last year. Would have thought Jetta would have gone first.

I think Jetta has slightly more upside (and trade value) than Davey who hasn't had the same spark since he did his knee. Both has been ordinary all year though really.

LongWait
30-10-2013, 08:40 PM

Don't stress Larunda - we have a few on here who are firmly glass half empty people.

Remember that the overwhelming majority are very happy that Stewie has chosen to come to our club and love him for it. I think he will be awesome for us and I hope we are just as awesome for Stewie.

GVGjr
30-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Remember that the overwhelming majority are very happy that Stewie has chosen to come to our club and love him for it. I think he will be awesome for us and I hope we are just as awesome for Stewie.

Probably 98% of Bulldog fans think he will be a great addition for the club. His first 5 goal haul should covert the last 2% over ;)

AndrewP6
30-10-2013, 08:49 PM
Alright, I would like to make a full and unreserved apology to Stewart Crameri, his family and friends and anyone else who took umbrage at a harmless little observation, made when there is little football news to talk about. :rolleyes: For the record I am chuffed he chose the Dogs, and even more chuffed that I get to talk to my Essendon-supporting mate at work about it.

LostDoggy
30-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Let's give the guy a chance to get a pre season done with the boys and be happy that he wanted to come over to us!
Impressed by the professional manner which he handled himself during tne trade period,with all the presumed pressure that Essendon were heaping on him to stay:)

LostDoggy
30-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Wonder what his number will be?

bornadog
30-10-2013, 10:52 PM

Maybe 4

ratsmac
30-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Yes sad isn't it and they are going on how he looks?
Couldn't care less if he was 25 stone and fat as a pig if he can play footy to the standard he is asked I couldn't give a damn.

Sorry I couldn't help but think of Allen Jakovich when I read this. When he came to us he couldn't play footy but he was certainly fat as a pig!

I'm quite certain that Crammers is going to be very good for us next year

Remi Moses
30-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Great that the players are paying their own way!
Hope Stew has a wonderful and prosperous career at the Dogs.
Heard a certain list manager didn't conduct himself at all well in the last week !
Rather nasty actually!

boydogs
31-10-2013, 12:05 AM

I think he wants #8 to be next to Stringer

1eyedog
31-10-2013, 05:48 AM
I think he wants #8 to be next to Stringer

How do Stringer and Crameri know each other?

Bulldog Joe
31-10-2013, 06:18 AM

Did see somewhere about being close to Stringer and a locker beside him. That would make 8 the favourite.

chef
31-10-2013, 06:23 AM

Their dads are mates or know each other or played footy together or something.

LostDoggy
31-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Watching the replay of how Tommy did his last shoulder scares me. He barely lifted it above his head.
Maybe his body isn't made for AFL?

And it looked a fairly harmless knock too. China…

It's a brave new world for Stew (which not only has he embraced, but knew what he was joining and came anyway - class act), but there's no band of super rich sycophantic coteries with bottomless pockets to pay for things.

Disclaimer: This comment is no way meant as a slight, derogatory or defamatory statement of or towards the very powerful "lawyers for Essendon coterie". You sirs, are wonderfully, delightful intelligent people funding the players who play for the team you support. God bless.

He has a cool $1.4 million to help make ends meet.

1. Crameri: 30
2. Bellchambers: 28
3. Michael Hurley: 24
4. Alwyn Davey: 19
5. Brendon Goddard: 18

Larunda
31-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Last year 2012
Yes, he came second in 2012 for goal kicking.
So my point being they have lost a few good goal scorers.
I am wondering what the thinking would be of the list managers.

always right
31-10-2013, 09:01 AM
It's no different to our club. You need to assess where individual players are at, what they bring to the team, their scope for improvement, and whether other players have gone past them.

Whilst Davey was still a handy player, my impression of him last year was that he was having less and less impact on games. Still kicking some goals but seemingly creating less and less opportunities. He also didn't appear to be the defensive threat on the forwardline as much either. Now statistics may prove me wrong but that was my perception. Essendon clearly believe his football was not going to get any better and may now actually be in decline. They obviously prefer to put development into some young players in that position....no different to our thinking on Dylan Addison I guess.

Maddog37
31-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Great that the players are paying their own way!
Hope Stew has a wonderful and prosperous career at the Dogs.
Heard a certain list manager didn't conduct himself at all well in the last week !
Rather nasty actually!

Please share some detail Remi........

Dancin' Douggy
31-10-2013, 11:23 AM

ooh yes please do........

Twodogs
31-10-2013, 01:17 PM

Stringer and Crammers are both Bendigo boys. For footy purposes anyway-I know Stewart is from Maryborough originally.

Remi Moses
31-10-2013, 06:44 PM

Rather colorful language from Dodoro
You'd think after all the crap they've put their players through
Making sure a player was "F***** by the time he gets to you"
Just sums them up to be honest
Red and black Vermin

ledge
31-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Hey they say the players pay their own way on these camps but they could claim them back on tax being a work camp

bulldogtragic
31-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Hey they say the players pay their own way on these camps but they could claim them back on tax being a work camp
Yeh, should get back about 45c in the dollar.

1eyedog
31-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Their dads are mates or know each other or played footy together or something.

Stringer and Crammers are both Bendigo boys. For footy purposes anyway-I know Stewart is from Maryborough originally.

Ok makes sense.

LostDoggy
31-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Red and black Vermin

If that is accurate its worse than I thought. That's just beyond belief and utterly unprofessional.

Remi Moses
31-10-2013, 09:57 PM
If that is accurate its worse than I thought. That's just beyond belief and utterly unprofessional.

Pretty reliable source. I'll end it there

Go_Dogs
31-10-2013, 10:17 PM

If the allegation is true, it should be taken up with the Player's Association. That's just crap, but ties in neatly with my perception of Essendon.

Scorlibo
31-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Red and black Vermin

Not sure what context that fits into Remi? F'ed as in mentally exhausted?

MrMahatma
11-11-2013, 06:58 PM
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/james-hird-might-still-be-targeted-by-asada-20131109-2x8wb.html

Talk that infraction notices may still be handed to Bombers players. This article says 6 may get them.

Let's hope Crameri isn't one of them.

bulldogtragic
11-11-2013, 07:32 PM
http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/james-hird-might-still-be-targeted-by-asada-20131109-2x8wb.html

Talk that infraction notices may still be handed to Bombers players. This article says 6 may get them.

Let's hope Crameri isn't one of them.
Ditto.

LostDoggy
11-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Make what you will of this but a couple of months ago a friend of mine who is close mates with two people who work high up in the AFL said that 6-7 players would receive infraction notices. I'm not one for spreading stories based on "good authority" so I won't name names but one is a current gun, 3 are past AFL players and of the other 2-3 none are Stew. Only bringing it up because I found it a strange coincidence that the article also mentioned 6 players.

boydogs
11-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Make what you will of this but a couple of months ago a friend of mine who is close mates with two people who work high up in the AFL said that 6-7 players would receive infraction notices. I'm not one for spreading stories based on "good authority" so I won't name names but one is a current gun, 3 are past AFL players and of the other 2-3 none are Stew. Only bringing it up because I found it a strange coincidence that the article also mentioned 6 players.

Think it's been public knowledge for a while that about that number took Thymosin which is explicitly banned (S2), as opposed to AOD which is only banned because it hasn't been approved for human consumption (S0)

GVGjr
16-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Emma Quayle goes through the Bulldogs list today in the Age and makes mention of Crameri.
Essentially she is saying he is a good addition for us but a pricey one considering he is a 2nd or 3rd tall forward.

This however, differs greatly from a few twitter exchanges I had with her during the trade period when she believed we needed to sweeten the offer of pick 26 to get the deal done.

chef
16-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Is she an Essendon supporter?

GVGjr
16-11-2013, 06:53 AM

Sure is. Still the change in her views on Crameri between the trade period and now is worth noting.

LostDoggy
16-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Nothing ground-breaking in there. She mentions the same five or six everyone else has been talking about.

mighty_west
16-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Sure is. Still the change in her views on Crameri between the trade period and now is worth noting.

Was that her own view though or what she thought Essendon demanded to sweeten the deal?

MrMahatma
16-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Emma Quayle goes through the Bulldogs list today in the Age and makes mention of Crameri.
Essentially she is saying he is a good addition for us but a pricey one considering he is a 2nd or 3rd tall forward.

This however, differs greatly from a few twitter exchanges I had with her during the trade period when she believed we needed to sweeten the offer of pick 26 to get the deal done.
Maybe she means pricey as in $?

GVGjr
16-11-2013, 10:14 AM
Was that her own view though or what she thought Essendon demanded to sweeten the deal?

I think that was her assessment. She thought pick 26 was unders.

GVGjr
16-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Maybe she means pricey as in $?

You might be right

Doc26
16-11-2013, 10:39 AM

I feel that there is some Essendon bias that has crept into this particular article from Emma.

A quote from her synopsis on Essendon in the same article seems to argue that all is not too bad with the loss given that Crammers was only a rookie in the first place. Not sure of the relevance of him once being a rookie to his current day status. He is the Bombers leading goal kicker over the past 3 seasons.

losing Crameri will hurt, although trading a former rookie for a second-round pick gives them a shot at a decent replacement

comrade
16-11-2013, 11:21 AM
I feel that there is some Essendon bias that has crept into this particular article from Emma.

A quote from her synopsis on Essendon in the same article seems to argue that all is not too bad with the loss given that Crammers was only a rookie in the first place. Not sure of the relevance of him once being a rookie to his current day status. He is the Bombers leading goal kicker over the past 3 seasons.

If we had have traded Boydy during his prime years, I wonder if EQ would have written something similar. I mean, Boydy was just a rookie too.

Essendon supporters are the most biased of all, even ones that try hard to pretend they're not.

Twodogs
16-11-2013, 12:36 PM
If we had have traded Boydy during his prime years, I wonder if EQ would have written something similar. I mean, Boydy was just a rookie too.

Essendon supporters are the most biased of all, even ones that try hard to pretend they're not.

Does anyone know what was the compo pick we got for Harbrow? He was an ex Rookie Lister and traded in his prime.

Sedat
16-11-2013, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know what was the compo pick we got for Harbrow? He was an ex Rookie Lister and traded in his prime.
Ended up being around pick 27 or 28 from memory, which we wasted on a trade for the Shermanator

LostDoggy
16-11-2013, 12:47 PM
The push from the rank and file leading up to the sherminator trade is just extraordinary in hindsight. Many many people just desperate to beat Sydney to the punch.

Wish we'd listened to the Brissie supporters thoughts regarding his contributions more rigorously.

Could've really done with that pick in last years draft.

Remi Moses
16-11-2013, 01:14 PM

Sen and Stkilda are in a developed print with the Bombers for bias.
Must admit my ears pricked when I read Emma's article .
Plenty of rookies have made a great fist out if their AFL careers

Nuggety Back Pocket
16-11-2013, 01:15 PM

Thompson was keen to retain Crameri's services which is a strong indicator of how he is regarded by the Bombers.

jeemak
16-11-2013, 02:49 PM
I read the comments as four years and $1.8m was a lot to pay, not so much the draft pick we had to give up.

Though having seen the comment regarding what EFC received in return for his services I get the feeling there's a little bit of bias and butt hurt in her perspective of the deal.

boydogs
16-11-2013, 03:30 PM

In any industry, you pay more to prise someone from the competition than when you grow them yourself.

Bulldog Revolution
16-11-2013, 08:11 PM
In any industry, you pay more to prise someone from the competition than when you grow them yourself.

Exactly right

If you want someone else's guy then you have to overpay to get them

That said Essendon clearly did not want Crameri to go, and he is a good player

Twodogs
17-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Ended up being around pick 27 or 28 from memory, which we wasted on a trade for the Shermanator

So pretty much exactly what we gave up for Crammers then.

And I also thought that EQ was referring to the money side too when she said he was pricey. Although one more Essendon supporter bleating that we got him warms my heart. I don't care if they think we overpaid with #27-that's the price we said we were happy to pay.

jeemak
17-11-2013, 02:00 AM
So pretty much exactly what we gave up for Crammers then.

And I also thought that EQ was referring to the money side too when she said he was pricey. Although one more Essendon supporter bleating that we got him warms my heart. I don't care if they think we overpaid with #27-that's the price we said we were happy to pay.

Crameri for pick 27 is never a bad deal. Never.

They can gloat or bleat all they want, that's fair market price potentially skewed in our favor. I can't wait to see how they'll replace those goals he kicked, by the way.

Eastdog
17-11-2013, 02:07 AM
Crameri for pick 27 is never a bad deal. Never.

They can gloat or bleat all they want, that's fair market price potentially skewed in our favor. I can't wait to see how they'll replace those goals he kicked, by the way.

How many goals do you see Crammers getting for us in 2014 jeemak?

Hotdog60
17-11-2013, 11:05 AM

I think if he can get around 30 we've done extremely well. I can see him pushing further up the field and there has already been mentioned that he may spend time in the middle.

Eastdog
17-11-2013, 04:47 PM
I think if he can get around 30 we've done extremely well. I can see him pushing further up the field and there has already been mentioned that he may spend time in the middle.

How do you see our forward line working now around him.

jeemak
17-11-2013, 05:05 PM

I'm with Hd60 Eastdog.

I think if we can play him across half forward as a leading target and as a link between defence to forward attack the best we can expect from him is 30-35 goals.

I can see him and Jones spending some time across half forward together, though it's likely Jones will get opportunities to play as a genuine full forward when Campbell/Cordy is off the ground. Supposing his form holds, Grant will spend the bulk of his time at full forward or forward pocket.

The smaller players like Hunter, Hrovat, Dickson, Stringer, Giansiracusa, Higgins and Dahlhaus will all work around the remaining positions.

We have a lot of options if everyone stays fit.

LostDoggy
17-11-2013, 08:57 PM
I'm with Hd60 Eastdog.

I think if we can play him across half forward as a leading target and as a link between defence to forward attack the best we can expect from him is 30-35 goals.

I can see him and Jones spending some time across half forward together, though it's likely Jones will get opportunities to play as a genuine full forward when Campbell/Cordy is off the ground. Supposing his form holds, Grant will spend the bulk of his time at full forward or forward pocket.

The smaller players like Hunter, Hrovat, Dickson, Stringer, Giansiracusa, Higgins and Dahlhaus will all work around the remaining positions.

We have a lot of options if everyone stays fit.

Exciting, isn't it?

Eastdog
21-11-2013, 01:57 AM
Anyone worried about Crameri and the ASADA punishment for Essendon which has not been handed down yet.

Remi Moses
21-11-2013, 04:11 AM
One or two here have heard he is safe .
Good news

GVGjr
21-11-2013, 05:12 AM
Anyone worried about Crameri and the ASADA punishment for Essendon which has not been handed down yet.

No, not at all.

bulldogtragic
11-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Stew is training in the mid field group once a week with a view to some game time in there.

Pros and Cons? Thoughts?

boydogs
11-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Stew is training in the mid field group once a week with a view to some game time in there.

Pros and Cons? Thoughts?

Good to have him in the midfield rotation but I'm not of the belief that every good player has to be turned into a midfielder to reach their potential.

jeemak
12-12-2013, 12:12 AM

Pros and Cons? Thoughts?

I see the positives as we have a guy that obviously knows the forward craft being added to our list, but doesn't know how our midfield behaves and works to use the ball getting some experience in that area.

There's no cons for me. He's a forward who might play some midfield during the year. We have forward options that need games and experience and Stu might give them some brief opportunities they might not otherwise get through playing in the middle from time to time.

comrade
12-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Did I read correctly that he won the 2km time trial over Matty Boyd?

LostDoggy
12-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Good to have him in the midfield rotation but I'm not of the belief that every good player has to be turned into a midfielder to reach their potential.

I imagine with the interchange cap you'll see many more forwards and defenders being asked to either spend some time in the middle, or stay on the grass longer each game.

Greystache
12-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Did I read correctly that he won the 2km time trial over Matty Boyd?

Yep, he won it with Tom Young 2nd

divvydan
12-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Not surprised Crameri did well in the time trial. I think he finished 2nd behind Stanton in Essendon's time trial (Nov '12) and Stanton is an elite endurance athlete.

Bulldog Revolution
12-12-2013, 12:16 PM

Great stuff that two relative newcomers in Young and Crameri are raising the bar

The Bulldogs Bite
12-12-2013, 01:37 PM

Quite amazing that Young was able to improve so much, even if it's only 2km.

LostDoggy
12-12-2013, 02:07 PM
Time trial results this year need to have an asterisk beside them, like so:

* Daniel Cross is no longer a participant.

comrade
12-12-2013, 02:20 PM
Time trial results this year need to have an asterisk beside them, like so:

* Daniel Cross is no longer a participant.

PPfftt, Ed Barlow made Crossy look like Patrick Veszpremi :D

mighty_west
12-12-2013, 03:02 PM
PPfftt, Ed Barlow made Crossy look like Patrick Veszpremi :D

Yet playing wise Barlow made Patrick Wiggins look like Wayne Carey :D

BornInDroopSt'54
12-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Yet playing wise Barlow made Patrick Wiggins look like Wayne Carey :D

It shows to go you, if a tall's best asset is his running, then his height may not be an asset.

bulldogtragic
12-12-2013, 03:19 PM
It shows to go you, if a tall's best asset is his running, then his height may not be an asset.
If you say that in your head, in a JFK voice, you could picture that being one of his iconic sayings too. Try it :)

choconmientay
12-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Leading the pack ...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2882/11333433753_9103982e73.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/11333433753/)
wb_training_end_of_year2013-91 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/11333433753/) by choconmientay (http://www.flickr.com/people/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

Check out some of the pics I took yesterday during the training (http://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/11333093943/in/set-72157638598094353). See how the boys are shaped up :) Enjoy.

Mantis
12-12-2013, 04:07 PM
Quite amazing that Young was able to improve so much, even if it's only 2km.

Where did he come last year?

jeemak
12-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Where did he come last year?

From what I recall, he wasn't well placed at all. At the back of the field with your Jarrad Grants et al.

soupman
12-12-2013, 10:18 PM
From what I recall, he wasn't well placed at all. At the back of the field with your Jarrad Grants et al.

It certainly wasn't top two.

comrade
12-12-2013, 10:19 PM
I knew we'd get a good player on field but didn't expect him to dominate on the training track.

Early days, but I'm liking the investment.

josie
12-12-2013, 10:42 PM
If you say that in your head, in a JFK voice, you could picture that being one of his iconic sayings too. Try it :)

That's if JFK had drunk one to many martinis or scotch's or whatever they drank in Camelot....

"It shows to go you..." vs "It goes to show you..."

comrade
12-12-2013, 10:49 PM
That's if JFK had drunk one to many martinis or scotch's or whatever they drank in Camelot....

For JFK there was no such thing as too many martinis.

jeemak
12-12-2013, 11:47 PM

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/012/132/thatsthejoke.jpg

stefoid
13-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Leading the pack ...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2882/11333433753_9103982e73.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/11333433753/)
wb_training_end_of_year2013-91 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/11333433753/) by choconmientay (http://www.flickr.com/people/111272802@N04/), on Flickr

Check out some of the pics I took yesterday during the training (http://www.flickr.com/photos/111272802@N04/11333093943/in/set-72157638598094353). See how the boys are shaped up :) Enjoy.

Who's second in this picture - is it stevens?

and who is last, is it wood?

comrade
13-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Who's second in this picture - is it stevens?

and who is last, is it wood?

Yes and yes.

Picko, Libba and Wallis round out the group.

Bulldog Revolution
13-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Yes and yes.

Picko, Libba and Wallis round out the group.

Stevens looks in cracking nick

Great to see Libba doing so well also - seems to be maturing fabulously

whythelongface
13-12-2013, 02:08 PM

Doesn't he just. Crameri is looking fit as well.

bulldogtragic
13-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Is that how you are meant to look like after holidays? Making me feel bad about putting on 2 kilos earlier in the year when I was away.

Must be a few motivated boys!

stefoid
13-12-2013, 02:23 PM
So 'Disco' isn't that tall really.

Greystache
13-12-2013, 02:34 PM

190cm, same as Morris

Twodogs
13-12-2013, 02:51 PM

192 or 3 I remember reading somewhere.

*edit*sorry GS I quoted steroid's post and didn't see yours. 190 cms it is.*edit*

jeemak
13-12-2013, 11:01 PM
I guess from looking at the photos of early training, coupled with running results we can put to bed the "good paddock" fears we had when Crammers joined the club.

It's fantastic he's leading from the front, so early on. Can't ask anymore from a hyped recruit.

LostDoggy
14-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Good to see him so driven to impress us. Would've been easy to come in Fev-style, on a big contract and figure the job was done.

KT31
14-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Good to see him so driven to impress us. Would've been easy to come in Fev-style, on a big contract and figure the job was done.

Excellent stuff , looks like he is trying to prove he is worth every cent we have invested in him.
BMac knew Stews character and imagine he would not have even looked at him coming over if he thought he would be a Fev.

BornInDroopSt'54
14-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Excellent stuff , looks like he is trying to prove he is worth every cent we have invested in him.
BMac new Stews character and imagine he would not have even looked at him coming over if he thought he would be a Fev.

Looks like he wanted to come to us for reasons other than the money. Hope he thrives.

doggies ftw
14-12-2013, 09:53 AM

This is from another photo in that album -
http://i41.tinypic.com/2igdlpf.jpg

Stevens is an absolute beast!!

Don't think I've seen this posted on Woof yet either -
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1472043_10151760623616417_1385377409_n.jpg

And pretty much everyone looks in really good shape, our fitness staff are doing really well

bulldogtragic
14-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Jesus Christ!

They aren't boys anymore.

Bulldog Joe
14-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Things are looking very exciting.

Just on Crameri, it seems his speed and endurance are right up there. I also have an impression that he is good below his knees.

There are lots of reasons to think that he could also be a monster midfielder. A poor man's Jobe Watson with the zip of a Ferrari.

We can dream.

westdog54
14-12-2013, 11:36 AM
This is from another photo in that album -
http://i41.tinypic.com/2igdlpf.jpg

Stevens is an absolute beast!!

And pretty much everyone looks in really good shape, our fitness staff are doing really well

Holy Shite, he's Massive!! Those shoulders are Mitch Hahn-like.

bornadog
14-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Holy Shite, he's Massive!! Those shoulders are Mitch Hahn-like.

Let's hope he can play football

The Bulldogs Bite
14-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Macrae's body is developing extremely well, he has a terrific frame and you can see that in 2 years or so he's really going to be a big, strong midfielder.

Thought he looked beefed up at the Christmas function, it was really noticeable, these photos are a testament to that.

Bulldog Revolution
14-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Macrae's body is developing extremely well, he has a terrific frame and you can see that in 2 years or so he's really going to be a big, strong midfielder.

Thought he looked beefed up at the Christmas function, it was really noticeable, these photos are a testament to that.

The way he's developed since he's been at the club has been sensational

Watching him in TAC cup i suspected he might not be ready to play a single game in 2013, and to have him add the size he has and play as well as he did in 2013, and continue on is brilliant

westdog54
15-12-2013, 06:16 PM

If he can't he'll clear paths for those who can. :D

We are going to have a midfield of wrecking balls clearing paths for blokes like Libba, Griff and Hrovat in a couple of years time.

doggies ftw
15-12-2013, 06:30 PM

Saints game ;)

Twodogs
15-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Macrae is not eligible for the Rising Star because he's played more than 10 games yeah?

azabob
15-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Macrae is not eligible for the Rising Star because he's played more than 10 games yeah?

You are correct.

hujsh
15-12-2013, 09:07 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/012/132/thatsthejoke.jpg

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/da/daebd250bbbb886c42eb13e1c1f885454ae8bc8c3884bb25c8859bada712 4bdd.jpg

stefoid
15-12-2013, 10:01 PM

vid on the club website says he has grown to 191cm

LostDoggy
23-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Alot of Bomber folk hoping Crameri breaks down first game....I think they are just hoping he's not on the Park when we play them...and its a Saturday night....going to be a big one!

1eyedog
23-12-2013, 01:58 PM
Alot of Bomber folk hoping Crameri breaks down first game....I think they are just hoping he's not on the Park when we play them...and its a Saturday night....going to be a big one!

Funny isn't it. The only way we can get a Saturday night game against a big club is if we steal someone from them.

Twodogs
23-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Funny isn't it. The only way we can get a Saturday night game against a big club is if we steal someone from them.

I'd be more than happy to steal a player from each of the Big Clubs.

Maybe we should have a "steal the big clubs' players allowance?"

Mofra
24-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Maybe we should have a "steal the big clubs' players allowance?"
We did have a $3.05m better year than Essendon this year :cool:

ledge
24-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Nah build our own, it's cheaper and we don't give players up.

Twodogs
24-12-2013, 12:45 PM
We did have a $3.05m better year than Essendon this year :cool:

Is the missing word Financial?

Awesome in a kind of way. I'll bet their legal fees went up heaps. And will again this Time around.

bulldogtragic
22-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Fastest today in time trials.

Fast. est.

Not second. Fastest.

I see why Macca wants a guy of Stew's size, whose the fastest on our list ATM, in the midfield.

whythelongface
22-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Fastest today in time trials.

Fast. est.

Not second. Fastest.

I see why Macca wants a guy of Stew's size, whose the fastest on our list ATM, in the midfield.

Thanks BT. What are the time trial distances? How does he go over the shorter sprints?

The Bulldogs Bite
22-01-2014, 08:59 PM
I was at training today and watched Crameri closely, he's a seriously powerful and explosive athlete. His ability to burst away from a crowd of players, at his size, is really impressive. He's also extremely good one on one, did some drills v Goodes who is hard to move in his own right, but Crameri dominated him.

azabob
22-01-2014, 09:06 PM
I was at training today and watched Crameri closely, he's a seriously powerful and explosive athlete. His ability to burst away from a crowd of players, at his size, is really impressive. He's also extremely good one on one, did some drills v Goodes who is hard to move in his own right, but Crameri dominated him.

I saw Crameri at the local supermarket in November / December and couldn't believe how big he was across the chest and shoulders. Then to find out he was winning the initial 2km time trail, all I could to do was shake my head in disbelief but with a wry smile on my face AND he is an out an out leader...

Twodogs
22-01-2014, 09:23 PM

He monstered him didnt he?

Did you see the tackling drill at the end that Macca took himself. He had pairs sweating on each other and was telling the tackler when to tackle.

Big crowd too.

bulldogtragic
22-01-2014, 09:32 PM
It's the dilemma Freo have had with Pavlich. His burst speed as a forward gets him clear on the lead to generate shots at goal. But that same burst speed exiting packs with good skills generates forward 50 entries and shots at goal. Obviously Hird thought he had better big bodied mids so to use Stew as a forward only where he topped the goal kicking.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say well done team. My position was I thought Macca had sold a package to the trade team with a price where if I recall correctly I said I thought the price tag was overs, but "I'm happy to back BMac". That was a lack of faith in BMac to pick things he sees that NOBODY else sees. When we got him and I heard Macca say "midfield" I went into a mental block. If Stew can repeat what he is doing on the track, further into preseason at this level, I might have to issue a front page Herald Sun apology for not being 110% behind the "whatever it takes" approach to get him (see what I did there :) ). Now my Jarrad Grant love is in a moon boot for 6 weeks, this is my new excitement machine. My excitement wants me to parallel when Josh Kennedy got serious time in the middle after his trade... Boy o boy I'm pumped!

jeemak
23-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Just because Crameri can run like a midfielder, and the coach said he might be a player who spends some time in the midfield it doesn't mean he'll end up playing a lot of minutes there.

Right now I'll put a lot of cash on Crameri playing deep forward, mixed with high forward and maybe a small amount of time in the middle.

Getting a forward who can lead and double back repeatedly across half forward and out of full forward is a good thing for us. I'm pretty sure that's going to be his main gig.

Ghost Dog
23-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Yep and with Grant now out, more than likely will be camped in our f50 most of the first half.

bulldogtragic
23-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Just because Crameri can run like a midfielder, and the coach said he might be a player who spends some time in the midfield it doesn't mean he'll end up playing a lot of minutes there.

Right now I'll put a lot of cash on Crameri playing deep forward, mixed with high forward and maybe a small amount of time in the middle.

Getting a forward who can lead and double back repeatedly across half forward and out of full forward is a good thing for us. I'm pretty sure that's going to be his main gig.
Of course.

My excitement is about the ability to put a big body, with pace into the midfield in 'red time'. Late in the season in some wins and losses, especially Sydney, we got dominated in the middle. The bid bodies don't get smaller during this part of the quarter, and his pace and tank, with size and skill sets is an asset towards the end of the quarter and bursts in between as required. You take the 'red time' midfield domination and subsequent goals last year, we are in a winning position against a team much, much more mature and more bigger and hardened in the midfield. I'm not expecting him to spend plenty of time there, but that we have the option to rest a tiring mid and replace them with a tank with a tank, burst pace and good skills could make a big difference is some of our games until a few years when Libba, Wally, Marcus, Smith, Macrae etc are physically stronger and their endurance base better with the time and experience.

Oh, and if he tops our goal kicking too we can give Stewart and BMAC a pay rise! :)

Mofra
24-01-2014, 10:43 AM
My excitement is about the ability to put a big body, with pace into the midfield in 'red time'. Late in the season in some wins and losses, especially Sydney, we got dominated in the middle.
Good points - it does give an option to stop the run-ons of 2 or 3 quick late goals we conceded at times despite matching the opposiiton for 95% of the play.

Can I point out that Crameri is 10% cheaper and cost us less at the trade table than Chris Dawes would have?

Happy Days
24-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Good points - it does give an option to stop the run-ons of 2 or 3 quick late goals we conceded at times despite matching the opposiiton for 95% of the play.

Can I point out that Crameri is 10% cheaper and cost us less at the trade table than Chris Dawes would have?

Yeah but Crameri is shorter and therefore his goals count for less.

Plus since Dawes is tall he stands up more in FINALS FOOTBALL~!

The Underdog
24-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Of course.

My excitement is about the ability to put a big body, with pace into the midfield in 'red time'. Late in the season in some wins and losses, especially Sydney, we got dominated in the middle. The bid bodies don't get smaller during this part of the quarter, and his pace and tank, with size and skill sets is an asset towards the end of the quarter and bursts in between as required. You take the 'red time' midfield domination and subsequent goals last year, we are in a winning position against a team much, much more mature and more bigger and hardened in the midfield. I'm not expecting him to spend plenty of time there, but that we have the option to rest a tiring mid and replace them with a tank with a tank, burst pace and good skills could make a big difference is some of our games until a few years when Libba, Wally, Marcus, Smith, Macrae etc are physically stronger and their endurance base better with the time and experience.

Oh, and if he tops our goal kicking too we can give Stewart and BMAC a pay rise! :)

Don't disagree with what you're saying. I guess my only concern at this point is his effectiveness in the midfield. It's not a role he's played much and it's easier said than done to just go in there for 15-20 minutes a game and be effective. It's all well and good being a big body but Libba isn't what I'd consider big and he's the 2nd guy I'd want in there in critical situations. (Griff is my default first choice for all situations, football related and not). I'm not saying he can't or won't play the role well, but I am going to reserve judgement until I see how effective he is in this role.

azabob
04-02-2014, 09:10 PM
I saw Crameri at the local supermarket in November / December and couldn't believe how big he was across the chest and shoulders. Then to find out he was winning the initial 2km time trail, all I could to do was shake my head in disbelief but with a wry smile on my face AND he is an out an out leader...

Update number two.

I have seen Crameri twice more this year and actually spoke to him Sunday morning.

He is fighting fit, has worked hard over the pre-season and is excited pre-season is nearly over so he can actually get out and play.

I wonder if he has crossed paths with Fletcher and Ryder yet, as they also frequent the same supermarket....

P.S If anyone has a question they want me to ask him next time I see him, let me know! ;):D

Dry Rot
12-06-2014, 07:24 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-12/dons-hit-with-doping-notices

Has Crameri got a show cause notice?

G-Mo77
12-06-2014, 07:35 PM

Knowing our luck I'd be putting money on it.

Dry Rot
12-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Knowing our luck I'd be putting money on it.

Looks like you are right

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) has issued 34 past and present AFL players, some from the Essendon Bombers, with show-cause notices regarding the possible use of prohibited substances during the 2012 AFL season.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-12/essendon-players-handed-show-cause-notices-by-asada/5519856

bulldogtragic
12-06-2014, 07:48 PM
We better have:

a) a contingency in Stew's contract if this pear shaped

b) a hope that a prized high second round pick could somehow comes back to us

wimberga
12-06-2014, 07:51 PM
They just said on 360 that 38 players signed consent forms but only 34 have been issued with notices. so Crameri could be one of the lucky 4

Dry Rot
12-06-2014, 08:00 PM
They just said on 360 that 38 players signed consent forms but only 34 have been issued with notices. so Crameri could be one of the lucky 4

Have some retired since then?

LostDoggy
12-06-2014, 08:47 PM
We better have:

This would be illegal.

Happy Days
12-06-2014, 08:51 PM
This would be illegal.

I think he meant a compensation pick next year, but to be honest we don't deserve it.

We had to do our due diligence here and decide whether the risk Stewart came with was worth the outlay. If he goes down then we don't deserve a mulligan, we had to be well aware that this was a possibility.

This is exactly why I wanted to play hard ball and try to get him for free.

Greystache
12-06-2014, 09:11 PM
We better have:

If Crameri is rubbed out could we take action against Essendon to recoup the cost of his wages due to breach of contact from their negligence? It would be an interesting test case. I'm trying to remember contact law from uni but it's a bit rusty.

Greystache
12-06-2014, 09:15 PM
I think he meant a compensation pick next year, but to be honest we don't deserve it.

We had to do our due diligence here and decide whether the risk Stewart came with was worth the outlay. If he goes down then we don't deserve a mulligan, we had to be well aware that this was a possibility.

This is exactly why I wanted to play hard ball and try to get him for free.

No one deserves a Mulligan, surely 5 years of him was punishment enough!

Ozza
12-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Possibly more important than our due diligence and compensation, at the minute, is the welfare of one of our own.

Hopefully he is holding up well on a tough day.

A lot still to happen over months or years before worrying about whether he'll be penalised.

GVGjr
12-06-2014, 09:27 PM

There has been nothing specific on any players. There is a fair bit still to play out on this.

F'scary
12-06-2014, 09:33 PM
There has been nothing specific on any players. There is a fair bit still to play out on this.

Hope you are correct but the papers are saying 34 players (most of the list at the time)!

bulldogtragic
12-06-2014, 09:55 PM
If Crameri is rubbed out could we take action against Essendon to recoup the cost of his wages due to breach of contact from their negligence? It would be an interesting test case. I'm trying to remember contact law from uni but it's a bit rusty.

We took him assuming with full knowledge of the risk, there unfortunately was nothing negligent from our perspective at the time of us signing the contract. Surely, with specialist lawyer coteries, Essendon would have made us sign something to release them from any possible action. I just hope the extended bargaining didn't involve us signing away any of our interests.

The bigger problem may be the salary cap. If we can't pull an escape clause (if it ends bad) then we have to pay Stew even though he can't play (like Sydney will with Buddy), so those amounts would have to be in our salary cap if the AFL say so. It's effectively about a 4% reduction in our salary cap on his wage...

LostDoggy
12-06-2014, 10:19 PM
I thought Ess had committed to keep paying players caught up in this. You would think all players caught up have a massive case against Ess for breach of duty of care, OHS, reputational damage, loss of earnings and perhaps even health issues, certainly pyschological pain and suffering. Ess are going to be taken to the cleaners in legal costs alone, they are funding players cases against a government agency, and possibly WADA, and even possibly the AFL. They then may have legal actions from the like of Crameri, and even disgruntled clubs. Then there is Hird who may not come back and may take action. Or players or Ess may take action against Hird and Dank for negligence. Wow...

It is going to be a massive shit fight that could bring Ess to its knees. I thought if players co-operated they could be getting six months out. That is bearable, two years is career ending for some players. Really feel for Crameri and Bomber players, and if a suspension occurs hope its only 6 months.

Twodogs
12-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Hope you are correct but the papers are saying 34 players (most of the list at the time)!

What I read is it was 34 AFL players past and present some of them from Essendon.

Remi Moses
13-06-2014, 12:02 AM
This has lawyers salivating like a seagull on a chip

LostDoggy
13-06-2014, 07:49 AM
Our contract is with Stew, not Essendon.

I'm with Ozza, let's just hope he has some good support around him.

And at the end of the day, if he doped and is banned, the game is cleaner. We can't just write it off because he's a Bulldog now.

Jesus, this is going to be such a roller coaster of emotion and disinformation over the coming weeks and months.

Mofra
13-06-2014, 09:00 AM
This has lawyers salivating like a seagull on a chip
Bingo - by the time this has played out in the courts, Crameri's contract with us might be over.
Yes, I am aware it's 4 years. These things can take a long time.

bornadog
13-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Do people think our club is stupid in regards to signing up Crameri?

1eyedog
13-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Bingo - by the time this has played out in the courts, Crameri's contract with us might be over.
Yes, I am aware it's 4 years. These things can take a long time.

ASADA do not have the coin to make this a long play. All their resources went into the information gathering stage. They will feel they are in a very good position to be able to request show cause on 34 players. If ASADA think they should be punished the Federal Court will punish them if it comes to that. It would be highly unlikely that ASADA / the Feds will let this drag out for 4 years regardless of the defence.

I'm fully expecting to be without Crameri for the second half of his contract.

KT31
13-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Do people think our club is stupid in regards to signing up Crameri?

Depends on what we have in his contract bad, if we have clauses to protect us and the club we have done the right thing.
IMO it will be a long drawn out battle and it could still be in the courts years after Stew has played his 100th game for us.

1eyedog
13-06-2014, 09:31 AM
Depends on what we have in his contract bad, if we have clauses to protect us and the club we have done the right thing.
IMO it will be a long drawn out battle and it could still be in the courts years after Stew has played his 100th game for us.

Why is that your opinion? All it will take is a Crameri / Gumbleton to come out and tell it like it is in order to reduce their sentence and the rest will follow. Essendon will have confidentially agreements in place on all their players / past players but the Feds will lift those pretty quickly in order to protect the players from potential law suits.

Greystache
13-06-2014, 09:56 AM
Our contract is with Stew, not Essendon.

Obviously. But we also signed a contract with Essendon to facilitate the trade, that's what the media is talking about when they say the paperwork still needs to be lodged with the AFL before the trade is official.