PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Training Thread.

Twodogs
08-10-2013, 12:23 PM
Must be due to start in a couple of weeks. Anybody got any idea when?

Happy Days
08-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Must be due to start in a couple of weeks. Anybody got any idea when?

Bob Murphy left for Byron Bay for a fortnight yesterday as per his twitter, so at least that far?

Cyberdoggie
08-10-2013, 12:37 PM
I'm guessing start of November, was a similar time last year.

bulldogsthru&thru
08-10-2013, 01:15 PM
werent there new rules introduced by the AFLPA stipulating the players have a right to a certain amount of time off? Cant remember the jist of it but i think they might come back start of December

Murphy'sLore
08-10-2013, 01:21 PM
According to the website, the next open training session is scheduled for mid-November, when the players return for pre-season.

Twodogs
08-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Bob Murphy left for Byron Bay for a fortnight yesterday as per his twitter, so at least that far?

I think the older players get a bit of extra time off. Byron Bay is nice at this time of the year.

werent there new rules introduced by the AFLPA stipulating the players have a right to a certain amount of time off? Cant remember the jist of it but i think they might come back start of December

They've been off for nearly 6 weeks. Early/mid November sounds about right.

Twodogs
08-10-2013, 01:34 PM
According to the website, the next open training session is scheduled for mid-November, when the players return for pre-season.

Yep. That would be about right I reckon.

LostDoggy
08-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Do we know if Jake Stringer is right to go from day one?

LostDoggy
08-10-2013, 01:43 PM
I spent the weekend in melbourne and went out to whitten oval yesterday, happened
To catch Mitch wallis running laps round the outside of the oval. Jesus he looks fit.

bulldogsthru&thru
08-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Per AFL website:

"For the 2014 Toyota AFL Premiership Season, and for future years going forward, players in years 1-4 on an AFL list may return up to two weeks before the main group of players on a club list. The return dates for the start of pre-season training each year will be agreed and confirmed by the AFL and the AFLPA each year.

This year’s training commencement dates for the 2014 season will be as follows:

Sides 9-18 and the two teams eliminated in week one finals:

Wednesday Nov 6 – Players in years 1-4 on an AFL list.

Monday Nov 18 – Full playing list.

Sides 1-6 on the ladder

Monday Nov 18 – Players in years 1-4 on an AFL list.

Monday Dec 2 – Full playing list."

LostDoggy
08-10-2013, 06:37 PM
I spent the weekend in melbourne and went out to whitten oval yesterday, happened
To catch Mitch wallis running laps round the outside of the oval. Jesus he looks fit.

Good news Snoop, they're the kind of bits of info I like to hear :)