24-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Traded from Essendon to the Bulldogs for pick #26

Stats:

Height: 190cm
Weight: 96kg

Games: 57
Goals: 96

Achievements- 3 time Essendon leading goal kicker

“I have been extremely impressed with the Western Bulldogs from the moment we began discussions, and I am really excited about joining a Club that has such an exciting future both on and off the field,” Crameri said today.

“I can’t wait to start working with Brendan, the coaching group and of course my new teammates — to reach my full potential and play my role for the red, white and blue.

Let's dedicate this thread purely to Stewart Crameri's footy career rather than the politics of the trade.

whythelongface
24-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Fantastic news. I am so excited to have him on board.

bulldogtragic
24-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Not a tall forward line, but geez it's packed full of talent now. An opposition coaches headache. Welcome Stu!

The Bulldogs Bite
24-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Not a tall forward line, but geez it's packed full of talent now. An opposition coaches headache. Welcome Stu!

It has some genuine potential to scare a few teams now, doesn't it?

Crameri, Grant and Jones are all very quick with strong hands. Dahl, Hunter, Hrovat, Dickson, Higgins (and Gia) are great small/medium forwards, whilst Stringer is another wild card who is difficult to cover.

I was pretty impressed with Campbell late in the season too, so we certainly have options now.

Mofra
24-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Possibly puts Grant on the 4th tall defender now.
Classic case of a player benefitting a structure more than their ability suggests.

Bulldog Revolution
24-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Delighted to have Crameri on board

His commitment to joining us was superb

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 04:10 PM
Delighted to have Crameri on board

His commitment to joining us was superb

Couldn't have been easy but hew has made the right decision.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Benvenuti Stewart, si entra in una lunga serie di grandi giocatori di giocare per il bulldog occidentali. Vi auguro ogni successo al vostro club, il nostro club.

craigsahibee
24-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Possibly puts Grant on the 4th tall defender now.
Classic case of a player benefitting a structure more than their ability suggests.

Yep. I will gladly pay Stewie $450k per year if Grant kicks 50+ goals per season.

BornInDroopSt'54
24-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Yep. I will gladly pay Stewie $450k per year if Grant kicks 50+ goals per season.

For every $450K you pay him Craigsahibee, I'll pay him $45.

bornadog
24-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Glad to have him at the dogs, and really impressed he actually wants to play for us :)

Welcome Stew and look forward to some great games in 2014.

dadsgirl16
24-10-2013, 04:35 PM
2014 AND beyond!

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Very excited, good to see how keen he was to become a doggie.I look fwd to big things.

Hotdog60
24-10-2013, 04:53 PM
Benvenuti Stewart, si entra in una lunga serie di grandi giocatori di giocare per il bulldog occidentali. Vi auguro ogni successo al vostro club, il nostro club.

What he said.......I think:o

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Pace and strength to lock the ball in the forward line is invaluable imo

anfo27
24-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Delighted to get him & get one over the bombers at the same time. Will be a hugely important player for us. Welcome & good luck Crammers!!!

westdog54
24-10-2013, 05:24 PM
What he said.......I think:o

Allow me

Welcome Stewart, you enter into a long line of great players who have played for the Western Bulldogs. I wish you every success in your club, our club

chef
24-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Exciting news, got a feeling hes going to be a real leader for us on and off the field.

bulldogtragic
24-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Being that Stew was the face of their membership recruitment for next year, do we use him for ours?

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Being that Stew was the face of their membership recruitment for next year, do we use him for ours?

Maybe something along the lines of:

Signed, sealed and delivered...are you?

bornadog
24-10-2013, 05:31 PM

From Westernbulldogs Twitter:

Crameri has signed. Now it's your turn. Become a member in 2014 and help us #gatherthepack. http://bit.ly/tSqJfs

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/BXURC4_CAAAu5am_zpsce68f73c.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/mmsalih/media/BXURC4_CAAAu5am_zpsce68f73c.jpg.html)

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Breaking news....Jason McCartney is the new host of deal or no deal.

always right
24-10-2013, 05:34 PM

Or how about......."Stewart Crameri and the dogs in 2014.....whatever it takes"

GVGjr
24-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Or how about......."Stewart Crameri and the dogs in 2014.....whatever it takes"

Up Yours Dodoro?

westdog54
24-10-2013, 05:37 PM
From Westernbulldogs Twitter:

Crameri has signed. Now it's your turn. Become a member in 2014 and help us #gatherthepack. http://bit.ly/tSqJfs

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa198/mmsalih/BXURC4_CAAAu5am_zpsce68f73c.jpg (http://s202.photobucket.com/user/mmsalih/media/BXURC4_CAAAu5am_zpsce68f73c.jpg.html)

Oh thats quality. How good is that to stick it up the Bombers.

Should put it on the banner when we play them next year.

ReLoad
24-10-2013, 05:40 PM
How about: Stew Crameri; "Injecting" Pace into our forward line ;)

bulldogtragic
24-10-2013, 05:43 PM
How about: Stew Crameri; "Injecting" Pace into our forward line ;)
Well ASADA better just leave Stew alone.

KT31
24-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Great news and great strength and patience by our management.
Hears to a long a great career at the Doggies for Stew.

bornadog
24-10-2013, 06:05 PM
Lets see what he is made of :D

UIvCW_crcb8

bornadog
24-10-2013, 06:11 PM
Missed a few here but gee had a lot of shots

neHAicgJzAs

bornadog
24-10-2013, 06:13 PM
He will miss Anzac day, but lets fill Eithad and jeer him on.

3rsk47ad59I

bornadog
24-10-2013, 06:23 PM
2013 Highlights

PimDQ8ExX1g&feature=share&list=UUCYdpsLzNPQpmOdZt_a7DNA

WBFC4FFC
24-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Oh thats quality. How good is that to stick it up the Bombers.

Should put it on the banner when we play them next year.

Jason could have at least dressed-up for the momentous occasion.

Eastdog
24-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the Kennel Stewart.

He will really help our forward structure. We have an exciting few years ahead as Dogs supporters.

josie
24-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Welcome Stewart,

We WOOF posters have been waiting with bated breath.

YOU RIPPER !!

Cannot wait to see you in 2014 in the red, white & blue and kicking bags for us.

THANKYOU for being so patient - it was excruciating for us, cannot imagine what it was like for you.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Wecome Stew! I haven't seen a player so dead set on coming to the Dogs and seeing him getting around today in the red, white and blue he looks absolutely stoked! We as supporters absolutely lap up this kind of stuff so no doubt Stew will be a fan favourite from the outset. You bloody rippa!

always right
24-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Really excited...not only for how good a player Cammers is but for the positive impact he will have on our other forwards. Can see Jones and Grant benefitting enormously.

Throughandthrough
24-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Good sign up the same week that the membership renewals come out

Maddog37
24-10-2013, 07:25 PM
I dont reckon he will be the last player that wants to come to the Dogs over the next few years either.............

soupman
24-10-2013, 07:37 PM
Absolutely wrapt it's finally gone through. Very excited to have Crameri at the club. Great signing!!!

Eastdog
24-10-2013, 07:38 PM
I dont reckon he will be the last player that wants to come to the Dogs over the next few years either.............

Agree. If we keep improving then more players will want to play with us.

ledge
24-10-2013, 09:28 PM
The more I see of this kid the more I like him.

LongWait
24-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Isn't it great to pick up a seriously good player, who really wants to come to our club and who is absolutely made of the right stuff. What Stewie went through to forge an AFL career and what he had to do to get to our club speaks volumes for his character. We should be very excited we've landed him - well done Jason and Brendan McCartney - well done Stewart Crameri!

SonofScray
24-10-2013, 09:50 PM
Welcome Stewie, looking forward to seeing him get a kick in RW&B. Seems the sort of character we find easy to to get around.

LostDoggy
24-10-2013, 10:30 PM

Let's not forget Jones as well. And Stringer. He may add $50-100k value to each of those players.

Excitement!!

I like “Even Bombers are signing up with the Dogs.”

The more I see of this kid the more I like him.

Isn't it amazing how good somebody can look when they take that red and black guernsey off?

Twodogs
24-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Great news. That's a very dangerous looking forward line.

Competition for a spot in will be fierce.

Creg
25-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Very happy. I can see where they're going in regards to him potentially playing in the midfield, I think his power and particularly his speed will complement our midfield very nicely. By the time we're a threat for the flag hopefully we'll have the rotation of Crameri and Stringer well established.

Daughter of the West
25-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Welcome Stewart,

We WOOF posters have been waiting with bated breath.

YOU RIPPER !!

Cannot wait to see you in 2014 in the red, white & blue and kicking bags for us.

THANKYOU for being so patient - it was excruciating for us, cannot imagine what it was like for you.

Seconded, welcome Stewart!

comrade
25-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Good in the air, good on the ground. Too strong for small-mid defenders, too fast for key defenders.

Gun.

KT31
25-10-2013, 11:01 AM
I know I posted last night to welcome Stewart, but bloody hell, after having lost players over the last few years to other clubs.
WELCOME ABOARD STEW and bring on the new season.:):):)

Murphy'sLore
25-10-2013, 11:20 AM
And to top it all off, he's a leftie, too!

Welcome to the Dogs, Stewart.

Twodogs
25-10-2013, 01:40 PM

Cool. I love left footers. They typically use the ball so much better.

Murphy'sLore
25-10-2013, 03:29 PM
Cool. I love left footers. They typically use the ball so much better.

Left-handed, too, by the look of that photo. :)

BornInDroopSt'54
25-10-2013, 05:45 PM

He's very sinister----in Italian, left is 'sinistra' and right is 'dextra'. From latin and hence in the old days righties were dextrous but those weirdos who used their left hands were sinsiter bastards. Such is prejudice and fear of difference.
Welcome Stewart to the Bulldogs burgeoning stock of lefties/sinisters:
Crameri; Macrae; Hunter; Smith; Liberatore; Howard; Prudden and did I mention Crameri?

Soon either Kelly or Billings will join you and the opposition won't know which way to turn!

Ghost Dog
25-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Bmac Bombers raid part 2
Tory Dickson, now Crameri. Dogs 2 - Bombers 0!
Love us to get another one of their players just to piss them off.

azabob
25-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Bmac Bombers raid part 2

Don't forget Big Tom Campbell and Shannon Grant....

LostDoggy
25-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Geez I can't wait for Dogs vs Bombers next season!

azabob
25-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Bmac Bombers raid part 2
Love us to get another one of their players just to piss them off.

Don't forget Big Tom Campbell and Shannon Grant....

Also Jakey Stringer played some games for Bendigo bombers!

ledge
25-10-2013, 07:13 PM
Yep Hird was going to Pick Dickson, stringer and Campbell in the draft but we pinched all 3 and also took Cramberry for good measure

LostDoggy
25-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Welcome Crammers!

The Bulldogs Bite
25-10-2013, 11:31 PM
It'd be great if we played Essendon in round one.

Twodogs
26-10-2013, 12:04 AM
Left-handed, too, by the look of that photo. :)

I love the shit eating grin on J-Mac's face. It's great when a plan starts to come together.

Twodogs
26-10-2013, 12:11 AM
He's very sinister----in Italian, left is 'sinistra' and right is 'dextra'. From latin and hence in the old days righties were dextrous but those weirdos who used their left hands were sinsiter bastards. Such is prejudice and fear of difference.
Welcome Stewart to the Bulldogs burgeoning stock of lefties/sinisters:
Crameri; Macrae; Hunter; Smith; Liberatore; Howard; Prudden and did I mention Crameri?

Soon either Kelly or Billings will join you and the opposition won't know which way to turn!

The Latin word for left and left handed is sinister. For much the same reasons you've outlined above.

bulldogtragic
20-04-2014, 07:27 PM
12 goals less than 5 games complete. Looks like a good use of a second rounder at the moment.

GVGjr
20-04-2014, 07:34 PM
12 goals less than games complete. Looks like a good use of a second rounder at the moment.

He's a good player for us. Just keeps presenting for contest

azabob
20-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Still misses easy goals tho, which is so frustrating. But has been a great pick up.

GVGjr
20-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Still misses easy goals tho, which is so frustrating. But has been a great pick up.
Hopefully we can get some improvement there but he is our best chance to lead the goal kicking

The Bulldogs Bite
20-04-2014, 09:16 PM
He's a good player in good form, though he is prone to a few howlers a game.

He'd be a great second foil, unfortunately like Essendon we require him to be the main man.

LostDoggy
20-04-2014, 09:20 PM
He's been very good for us, runs and runs and runs, gets into great positions, then continually dips the easiest of marks......wtf??

GVGjr
20-04-2014, 09:22 PM

He'd be a great second foil, unfortunately like Essendon we require him to be the main man.

He really tries to lead our young forward line as well. It would be nice to have a Jonathon Patton alongside him

azabob
20-04-2014, 09:27 PM
He's been very good for us, runs and runs and runs, gets into great positions, then continually dips the easiest of marks......wtf??

What a dip ��

Does the hard things really well, easy things not so well.

Greystache
20-04-2014, 09:30 PM

Yep agree with you. In a team like Hawthorn he'd kick 50+

Maddog37
21-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Four goals and 16 touches again. On track for 50 goals if he stays fit. Equal third in the Coleman as of today.

Sedat
21-04-2014, 09:50 PM
He brings to us what we have desperately lacked for a few years - playing tall and having an enormous workrate in the forward 50, both offensively and defensively. When we need that get-out option in the middle, he presents time and time again. Apart from the first game, I've loved what he's brought to the table. And he's only 25 and a 60-odd game veteran - will give us really good service for many years.

bulldogtragic
21-04-2014, 09:57 PM
He brings to us what we have desperately lacked for a few years - playing tall and having an enormous workrate in the forward 50, both offensively and defensively. When we need that get-out option in the middle, he presents time and time again. Apart from the first game, I've loved what he's brought to the table. And he's only 25 and a 60-odd game veteran - will give us really good service for many years.

I'm looking forward to Jarrad finding some on that late season form with Jones taking the best defender, Stew and Jarrad will raffle second and third defenders which both have the potential to slaughter. We might have not been tall back 7 years ago, but the new non-tall format has the potential be much more dangerous going forward. We've got the forward pockets covered with highly talented goal sneaks, with a tall target somewhere soon I'm hopeful at our best we can and will kick high scores assuming the delivery inside 50 improves.

For any of the other questions about our list management last year, you have to give everyone a very big to date.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Hunter - Campbell - Grant
Dahlhaus - Jones - Crameri

This is the forward line I want to see. Crameri should benefit from Campbell/Grant as opposed to Stringer/Gia from both a structure (Campbell) and movement (Grant) point of view.

jeemak
22-04-2014, 02:13 AM

I have been very impressed by his willingness to present, defend and also finish off work.

He's not a perfect HFF/FP and he never will be IMO (very hard position to play, and not many do it better), but he does so many things with his work rate to get as close to that player you can't help but admire him and be grateful he's playing for us.

azabob
22-04-2014, 10:15 AM
I have been very impressed by his willingness to present, defend and also finish off work.

He's not a perfect HFF/FP and he never will be IMO (very hard position to play, and not many do it better), but he does so many things with his work rate to get as close to that player you can't help but admire him and be grateful he's playing for us.

Besides missing goals and dropping chest marks, what could he improve?

comrade
22-04-2014, 11:13 AM
Finey described him as the Ian Botham of football. I think that's quite apt. He just manages to do some crazy stuff, both good and bad, by always being in the play.

I like him a lot.

always right
22-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Crameri is a welcome addition. You always sense something is going to happen when the ball is in his area and he has space to move but it's a different feeling than when Bob Murphy is in the play.

With Bob I always think something good will come out of it. With Stewart I'm never quite sure what will happen but I know it will be exciting 70% of the time.

We need more blokes like Crameri who take the game on. With the exception of Griffen, Wood, Dahlhaus and Murphy we don't have a lot of this type. Cooney doesn't do this as much as he used to and Stevens tries but relies too much on brute strength to be regularly successful. Hunter shows some good signs and Stringer has the potential once he gets the basics right.

1eyedog
22-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Crameri is a welcome addition. You always sense something is going to happen when the ball is in his area and he has space to move but it's a different feeling than when Bob Murphy is in the play.

With Bob I always think something good will come out of it. With Stewart I'm never quite sure what will happen but I know it will be exciting 70% of the time.

We need more blokes like Crameri who take the game on. With the exception of Griffen, Wood, Dahlhaus and Murphy we don't have a lot of this type. Cooney doesn't do this as much as he used to and Stevens tries but relies too much on brute strength to be regularly successful. Hunter shows some good signs and Stringer has the potential once he gets the basics right.

I'm looking forward to Grant coming back into the side to add to the list above. At his best we really miss him up forward. With regard to Crameri the problem with running yourself into the ground is that every now and then you'll miss easy goals, especially late in the game.

Ozza
22-04-2014, 01:19 PM
When he was lining up for what should have been his fifth goal, on Sunday. I commented that it was a fair effort to play fairly ordinary and kick 5 goals. That's not so much a pot on Crameri. More so, a comment that he made a few bad mistakes and wasn't particularly clean - but was still able to (through sheer workrate) get himself enough opportunities to kick 5 goals.

Very encouraging last 3 weeks from him. Very very handy player.