PDA

View Full Version : Injury Progress

bornadog
03-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Link (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-02/the-longterm-injuries-at-your-club)

Shaun Higgins (foot)

Had surgery on the navicular bone in his left foot in April, and will be carefully monitored when the club returns for pre-season training. The Bulldogs anticipate that he will do most of the training, but they will approach his recovery with caution.

Christian Howard (hip)

The young Bulldog has had surgery on the hip that dogged him throughout 2013, and won't be able to train fully with the team. His progress will be monitored.

Clay Smith (knee)

Has made great strides since injuring his anterior cruciate ligament in July, but won't be fit to resume full training just yet.

Tom Williams (shoulder)

He's been unlucky with injuries throughout his career, but has bounced back from his shoulder reconstruction and will be fit to do 100 per cent of pre-season training.

ledge
03-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Jong ?

Before I Die
03-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Jong ?

Didn't Jong get back into the Williamstown team before the end of the season?

Eastdog
03-11-2013, 04:20 PM
Lin Jong I believe picked up a knee injury which is going to set him back. Very unfortunate for him and I hope we see him back playing again.

EasternWest
03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
Link (http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-11-02/the-longterm-injuries-at-your-club)

Shaun Higgins (foot)

Had surgery on the navicular bone in his left foot in April, and will be carefully monitored when the club returns for pre-season training. The Bulldogs anticipate that he will do most of the training, but they will approach his recovery with caution.

Christian Howard (hip)

The young Bulldog has had surgery on the hip that dogged him throughout 2013, and won't be able to train fully with the team. His progress will be monitored.

Clay Smith (knee)

Has made great strides since injuring his anterior cruciate ligament in July, but won't be fit to resume full training just yet.

Tom Williams (shoulder)

He's been unlucky with injuries throughout his career, but has bounced back from his shoulder reconstruction and will be fit to do 100 per cent of pre-season training.

Well at least we won't have to hear about Higgins having his "best pre season ever".

On a more positive note, I can't wait to see Clay in the RW and B again. With Addison gone I'll need a new favourite.

bornadog
03-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Jong ?

No mention of any of the Rookies in the article.

ratsmac
03-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Also Stringer. He had some sort of foot injury which kept from playing any footy at the end of the season. I take it no news is good news :-)

boydogs
03-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Also Stringer. He had some sort of foot injury which kept from playing any footy at the end of the season. I take it no news is good news :-)

Think he was back for the final round but they decided to cotton wool him

BornInDroopSt'54
04-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Is it taken as a given that JJ's collarbone is fully healed, even though he'll have nightmares about being hit by a train when he's over the ball?

Sedat
04-11-2013, 09:43 AM
Christian Howard (hip)

I'm not exactly sure why we offered Howard another 12 months on the senior list if he's going to have an injury-interrupted pre-season. He will need absolutely everything to go 100% right if he's to sustain a career beyond 2014. Why not put him on the rookie list and create an extra spot on the senior list?

azabob
04-11-2013, 11:02 AM
I'm not exactly sure why we offered Howard another 12 months on the senior list if he's going to have an injury-interrupted pre-season. He will need absolutely everything to go 100% right if he's to sustain a career beyond 2014. Why not put him on the rookie list and create an extra spot on the senior list?

I hear what you are saying, but I would be taking this report with a huge grain of salt.

GVGjr
04-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Is it taken as a given that JJ's collarbone is fully healed, even though he'll have nightmares about being hit by a train when he's over the ball?

I believe so.

always right
06-11-2013, 08:53 AM
Interesting that Lin Jong was amongst the players who departed yesterday for Arizona.

ledge
06-11-2013, 10:38 AM
It's high altitude training isn't it , therefore I would expect them to take players who maybe need more tank, I can see Jong, Campbell, Stringer and Dickson going if that's the case. All hard players who can go for maybe a half but then tire.

always right
06-11-2013, 11:14 AM
I don't know which players the group comprises apart from Stringer, Minson, Jones, Jong and Roberts.

Does anyone know the full list?

LostDoggy
06-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Sam Darley also said he was heading over.

always right
06-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Sam Darley also said he was heading over.

Yes....Crameri, Talia and Roughead too if I recall correctly.

LostDoggy
07-11-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't know which players the group comprises apart from Stringer, Minson, Jones, Jong and Roberts.

Does anyone know the full list?

This is who I believe is on the trip:

Crameri
Darley
Jones
Stringer
Roughead
Talia
Redpath
Roberts
Jong
Cordy