PDA

View Full Version : Campbell Brown Incident

LostDoggy
28-11-2013, 04:11 PM
“The Gold Coast SUNS are reviewing an incident between two players, Campbell Brown and Steven May, that took place in Los Angeles earlier this week following completion of a training camp in Arizona.

“The incident left May with a suspected fractured jaw which is expected to require surgery. No other players were involved.

“The club is in the process of establishing exactly what happened and all other relevant facts, and is discussing the matter with the two players concerned who have since returned to the Gold Coast ahead of their teammates.

“The GC SUNS are considering appropriate actions and will not make further comment at this stage in relation to the incident.”

Rumors are he has hit May after a night out on their footy trip. I can't describe how much I dislike this bloke. Call him tough, whatever you like but he is just a thug in my opinion. Hit after Hit suspension after suspension, plays the man first and ball second. Was sickening to see him knock out Ward the year he left. If he is sacked after this incident, good riddance, game can only be better.

Not the first time he has been involved in a footy trip incident: http://www.news.com.au/national/afl-stars-campbell-brown-maverick-weller-held-in-thailand-for-assault/story-e6frfkvr-1226137391602

Go_Dogs
28-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Pretty disappointing way for an apparent leader to react towards a younger teammate, regardless of the circumstances.

Greystache
28-11-2013, 04:34 PM
“The Gold Coast SUNS are reviewing an incident between two players, Campbell Brown and Steven May, that took place in Los Angeles earlier this week following completion of a training camp in Arizona.

“The incident left May with a suspected fractured jaw which is expected to require surgery. No other players were involved.

“The club is in the process of establishing exactly what happened and all other relevant facts, and is discussing the matter with the two players concerned who have since returned to the Gold Coast ahead of their teammates.

“The GC SUNS are considering appropriate actions and will not make further comment at this stage in relation to the incident.”

Rumors are he has hit May after a night out on their footy trip. I can't describe how much I dislike this bloke. Call him tough, whatever you like but he is just a thug in my opinion. Hit after Hit suspension after suspension, plays the man first and ball second. Was sickening to see him knock out Ward the year he left. If he is sacked after this incident, good riddance, game can only be better.

Not the first time he has been involved in a footy trip incident: http://www.news.com.au/national/afl-stars-campbell-brown-maverick-weller-held-in-thailand-for-assault/story-e6frfkvr-1226137391602

It's not exactly a footy trip, they were on a preseason training camp. Let's not all turn into Caroline Wilson.

Can't stand Brown FWIW, he's a hard man in the way Byron Pickett was hard. Loves the hard stuff so long as he's in a position of superiority, ask him to put his head over the ball in a position of vulnerability and he'll scout the contest.

LostDoggy
28-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Good point, it is a training camp. More of another 'overseas' incident if you like.

Yeah puts his head over the ball but also likes to get the cheapest shot into the opponent at the same time.

Happy Days
28-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Who else thinks that May wouldn't have been looking when Brown hit him?

KT31
28-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Who else thinks that May wouldn't have been looking when Brown hit him?

I thought this myself, wouldn't put it past him if it was a wack when he least expected it.

Bulldog4life
28-11-2013, 05:24 PM

The 3 players involved in the first incident are no longer with the Club. Will Brown make it a quadrella?

Maddog37
28-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Brown is a total f***wit.

A coward of the highest order.

Remi Moses
28-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Shows the aggression you love on the field , and sometimes he's crossed the line.
Pretty ordinary and you'd think he's played his last game

Remi Moses
28-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Shows the aggression you love on the field , and sometimes he's crossed the line.
Pretty ordinary and you'd think he's played his last game

ratsmac
28-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Just a big twat IMO

The Bulldogs Bite
28-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Can't stand Brown FWIW, he's a hard man in the way Byron Pickett was hard. Loves the hard stuff so long as he's in a position of superiority, ask him to put his head over the ball in a position of vulnerability and he'll scout the contest.

This, this, this.

I really hated Pickett. Media always labeled him as this "fierce, tough, uncompromising" competitor but all he did was take cheap shots and line players up. As you said, he rarely ever put his own head over the ball in an aggressive manner.

I dislike Brown too for many of the same reasons, seems to think he's on another level to general society. Can't stand listening to him talk, desperately trying to be a "funny likeable guy" when he's actually a self-absorbed prick as evidenced time and time again.

Hope he never plays another game.

jeemak
28-11-2013, 10:27 PM
This, this, this.

I really hated Pickett. Media always labeled him as this "fierce, tough, uncompromising" competitor but all he did was take cheap shots and line players up. As you said, he rarely ever put his own head over the ball in an aggressive manner.

I dislike Brown too for many of the same reasons, seems to think he's on another level to general society. Can't stand listening to him talk, desperately trying to be a "funny likeable guy" when he's actually a self-absorbed prick as evidenced time and time again.

Hope he never plays another game.

Brown earlier in his career and from time to time since has admittedly shown some courageous traits on the field. Though, these get placed at the back of our minds as a result of all of the cowardly things he has done as well. And the latter forms a long list.

The part I highlight stands out for me, as basically this guy is a self absorbed jackarse raised by another self absorbed jackarse. If you want an example of the putrid boys club that is league football, you need not look past the Brown family.

LostDoggy
28-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Have only met him once, and I have to say, he was absolutely brilliant with my young daughter. I thought he was a dickhead before I met him but he totally changed my mind.

Will wait to see more details.

LostDoggy
29-11-2013, 12:05 AM
Watched the Ward incident as it was down near me at the time. Mad me sick with rage and nothing since has mitigated that disgust. Cheap shot Charlie - softest hard man you'd never bother to meet. His name will be forgotten 3 months out of the game so lets be greatful for that. Kind if guy who'll hopefully gamble all his money on the gg's and wonder where it all went in a couple of years as well. Good riddance.

KT31
29-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Reported this morning (like anyone thought any different :rolleyes:) it was a king hit and is likely to have played his last game.
The game will be a lot better without him.

bornadog
29-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Reported this morning (like anyone thought any different :rolleyes:) it was a king hit and is likely to have played his last game.
The game will be a lot better without him.

Learnt from his father.

7NJq0qgl4hk

Mofra
29-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Seems a classic Jeckel and Hyde character - good guy when sober, dickhead when drinking.
He wouldn't be the first.

KT31
29-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Seems a classic Jeckel and Hyde character - good guy when sober, dickhead when drinking.
He wouldn't be the first.

Are you suggesting he was drunk on the field with all of his cheap hits.

Mofra
29-11-2013, 12:48 PM
Are you suggesting he was drunk on the field with all of his cheap hits.
I'm talking off the field.

Tits Kennedy is a perfect example - lovely guy off field, psychopath on it

Murphy'sLore
04-12-2013, 01:03 PM
Rumour is this morning, Brown is about to be sacked by the Suns following this incident.

LostDoggy
04-12-2013, 03:00 PM
As I said in my previous post, reserved my judgement until the facts were heard. But I have to admit: the fella is GONESKI! If he plays another game I'll be very surprised.

Imagine if he was a Dog and had king-hit Jake Stringer! (Although this hypothetical question is not the least bit possible, as nobody sneaks up on Jake Stringer…)

Mofra
04-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Imagine if he was a Dog and had king-hit Jake Stringer!
He'd be out for 6 weeks with a broken knuckle ;)

Happy Days
04-12-2013, 04:06 PM
He'd be out for 6 weeks with a broken knuckle ;)

Not to mention the broken face that Stringer would have given him in retaliation.

Ghost Dog
04-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

bornadog
04-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Rumour is this morning, Brown is about to be sacked by the Suns following this incident.

Now confirmed here (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gold-coast-suns-sack-campbell-brown-20131204-2yq94.html)

mighty_west
04-12-2013, 04:55 PM
A dog act from a dog of a bloke, good riddance.

The Bulldogs Bite
04-12-2013, 05:31 PM
Great news.

Well done to the Suns.

Remi Moses
05-12-2013, 12:43 AM
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
No brainer really.

jeemak
05-12-2013, 01:27 AM
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
No brainer really.

I'd really like to see how he'd go if the tables were turned on him, by a bunch of arseholes who are just as bad or worse than he is.

I can tell you first hand from the receiving end that street fighting is ugly, brutal, completely violent, unnecessary and unforgiving.

This particular person has not experienced that, and that's why he hasn't learned from his stupidity.

Cambell Brown is a dickhead who uses his stature as a good footballer to bully those who are physically weaker than he is. He is nothing more than that, and nothing less than that.

Now that he is not a footballer, he will do well to pull his head in. As the streets are not as forgiving as the football community is.

Remi Moses
05-12-2013, 02:50 AM
Yep. Sounds like a chip off the old block.
The old man was a bully phoney tough guy of the lowest order.

KT31
05-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Yes well done to the Sun's, an imbecile like Brown belongs on no teams list.

Twodogs
05-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Now that he is not a footballer, he will do well to pull his head in. As the streets are not as forgiving as the football community is.

Hopefully he'll go the full Kenny Powers.

bornadog
05-12-2013, 01:31 PM
I can tell you first hand from the receiving end that street fighting is ugly, brutal, completely violent, unnecessary and unforgiving.

I hope you were not hurt badly at the time.

KT31
06-12-2013, 11:14 AM

As opposed to jeemak being hurt badly now ?:D;)

Axe Man
06-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Is Brown heading down the path of another "Tough Guy" Nathan Carroll?

Former AFL player Nathan Carroll on assault charges (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/former-afl-player-nathan-carroll-on-assault-charges/story-fni0fee2-1226772464774)

FORMER AFL player Nathan Carroll has been charged with assaulting two men in Chapel St while drunk.

Carroll, who played 71 games in six seasons with Melbourne, was arrested on Saturday after the alleged early-morning attacks.

A dishevelled looking Carroll, who was not wearing shoes, faced Melbourne Magistrates Court on Sunday charged with five counts, including*! recklessly causing injury and being drunk.

Police allege the 33-year-old attacked two men within five minutes, chasing the second one before repeatedly kicking and punching him.

It is alleged Carroll approached the first victim about 7.40am and had a short conversation with him before king-hitting the man in the back of the head.

Police allege in court documents that five minutes later, Carroll challenged another man to a fight.

"(The victim) had headphones in, so took them out to hear the applicant say something along the lines of 'I bet I could smash you with one arm in my sling'," the police said in a remand summary.

Carroll then allegedly punched the man in the face up to five times. It is alleged the victim ran away but was chased by Carroll.

"(Carroll) has caught up with the victim ... where he has punched him to the face and ear. The victim had covered his face with his arms, and the applicant has continued trying to punch (the victim) with upper-cut punches, before kneeing the victim to the right side of the ribs," police alleged.

The victim later went to The Alfred hospital to have his injuries assessed.

Carroll told police he now lived in Bali and was in Melbourne recovering from a shoulder operation.

Police did not oppose Carroll's release on bail but he must surrender his passport and report to police three times a week.

Can we please extradite this tosser back to Bali and ban him from ever re-entering the country?

Cyberdoggie
06-12-2013, 02:07 PM
I wonder the locals think of the this type of Aussies in Bali?.....

Isn't there somewhere else we can send these people?, ahh that's right it's called Prison.
Enjoy your holiday Nathan, I hear the locals are particularly friendly!

Ghost Dog
06-12-2013, 04:45 PM
He should really take a good hard look at himeslf. An old friend of mine who was a boxing coach used to say ' you would be surprised how little it takes to knock someone out.' And that goes for killing someone with a blow to the head ( David Hookes, a tragic example ).

Go_Dogs
06-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Hopefully he'll go the full Kenny Powers.

That would be hilarious. :D

jeemak
06-12-2013, 10:47 PM

Let's just say it wasn't pretty, but could have been worse, and was for my mate who was also involved.

As opposed to jeemak being hurt badly now ?:D;)

Peeling back the layers one day at a time KT :D

LostDoggy
09-12-2013, 12:47 AM
He should really take a good hard look at himeslf. An old friend of mine who was a boxing coach used to say ' you would be surprised how little it takes to knock someone out.' And that goes for killing someone with a blow to the head ( David Hookes, a tragic example ).

I had a fight with that bouncer the week before. Total thug. David Hookes was my wake-up call, hardly been near a nightclub since.

jeemak
12-01-2014, 04:12 PM
I bet this knob still gets a TV gig with his boys club mates:

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/crime-court/exsuns-player-campbell-brown-charged-after-magic-millions-celebrations/story-fnje8bkv-1226800004223

G-Mo77
12-01-2014, 07:34 PM
He gave this response on Twitter a little while ago.

Campbell brown ‏@Browndogg_30x

Media reports of a 'scuffle' with police are inaccurate. There was a misunderstanding trying to re enter a venue but I was not in a scuffle

I've had a misunderstanding with the police before I didn't have to go to court. The oxygen thief needs to stop playing the victim card and take a good long look in the mirror.

Eastdog
12-01-2014, 08:30 PM

Media reports of a 'scuffle' with police are inaccurate. There was a misunderstanding trying to re enter a venue but I was not in a scuffle

I've had a misunderstanding with the police before I didn't have to go to court. The oxygen thief needs to stop playing the victim card and take a good long look in the mirror.

Well that's cleared up then. You cannot always trust what the media reports.

soupman
12-01-2014, 08:34 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Nice to hear an unbiased account of what happened from a neutral source.

Eastdog
12-01-2014, 08:39 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Like when the media reported on the Drugs in Australian sport was completely blown out of proportion. It was all to do with grabbing people's attention and less about the actual facts.

azabob
12-01-2014, 09:10 PM

My thoughts exactly.

Funny.

ratsmac
12-01-2014, 09:42 PM
How many reasons does he have to give me to hate him. I hated him enough after the Callan Ward incident.
Twat of the highest order!

jeemak
12-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Like when the media reported on the Drugs in Australian sport was completely blown out of proportion. It was all to do with grabbing people's attention and less about the actual facts.

Eastdog, do you really believe what Campbell Brown posts on Twitter? Come on man...

Remi Moses
12-01-2014, 11:31 PM

I wouldn't downplay what happened, and also it isn't done with yet.

Remi Moses
12-01-2014, 11:32 PM
Campbell Brown's a dill when he's on the field.
Alcohol and Brown are a deadly cocktail.

Eastdog
13-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Eastdog, do you really believe what Campbell Brown posts on Twitter? Come on man...

But what about the media sometimes though jeemak. They certainly can misreport things.

jeemak
13-01-2014, 02:43 PM
But what about the media sometimes though jeemak. They certainly can misreport things.

Of course they do. That's why you need to balance information from numerous sources.

westdog54
13-01-2014, 03:31 PM

So Anthony Mithen gets charged with Hindering Police despite the fact that he was 'not in a scuffle'?

The man is a flog of Ricky Nixon proportions.