PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Gilbee appointed Development Coach at St Kilda

bulldogtragic
22-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Good luck Lindsay, you're going to need it!

Great person to assist them in adding quality character.

josie
23-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Saints have picked up quite a handful of high picks in recent draft, so this could be a good role (perhaps the only good one) in a side that all & sundry think are going to struggle for a while.

Hope he does well, however I do wish he was our kicking coach instead!!! Perhaps he will come back after experience outside the kennel....

LostDoggy
24-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Was he not in some capacity our skill development coach in the past 12 months?! Pretty dirty to loose him to them. Top 3 best kicks I've seen.

Ghost Dog
24-12-2013, 01:27 AM
Toast! Hope they're able to pay him.

bornadog
24-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Was he not in some capacity our skill development coach in the past 12 months?! Pretty dirty to loose him to them. Top 3 best kicks I've seen.

Yes he was working at the club part time.

Good luck to Lindsay, hope he does well developing his career.

KT31
24-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Good luck to him, can't see why we wouldn't have appointed him.
As stated by others one of the best kicks seen, could be he is not the best instructor.
Didn't he start a kicking school in honour of his Dad ?

G-Mo77
24-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Yuck!

Good luck Lindsay.

LostDoggy
25-12-2013, 12:58 AM
Just after he retired he said in a radio interview he was keen to work at a club outside the dogs. Had a theory that he had been with the dogs all of his career and thus his ability to teach internally was limited to what was already known by the dogs multitude. Likewise he wouldn't grow anymore by sticking inside the kennel. Wanted to branch into other ways of working. Big shame it was Pelican's team that snapped him up. Just don't see it as helpful to his career. Maybe he can help turn that culture around but I do fear Whilst Pelican is there the rot will continue.

Good luck Lindsay! Stick some culture up them!

bornadog
26-10-2016, 06:08 PM
Has now taken over from Paul Hudson and will coach Sandringham as new senior coach.