PDA

View Full Version : Wayne Campbell to take over from the Giesch

GVGjr
29-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Mrs Campbell's daughter Wayne will take over as the umpires boss from Geoff Gieschen

Thoughts?

How long before the media roll out "It's Waynes World??

bulldogtragic
29-12-2013, 06:36 PM
In the tradition of Richmond under achievers going 'white'.

GVGjr
29-12-2013, 06:39 PM
In the tradition of Richmond under achievers going 'white'.

Do you think he will encourage the practice of players dobbing each other in to the umpires during the quarter time breaks?

bulldogtragic
29-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Do you think he will encourage the practice of players dobbing each other in to the umpires during the quarter time breaks?
Maybe that's the strategy to stop the Selwoods getting 10 frees a game?

Maddog37
29-12-2013, 07:49 PM
He got the job on the strength of his ability to be easily disliked thus allowing a smooth transition into the role.

Twodogs
29-12-2013, 08:25 PM
If we thought that the Geisch was annoying as the Umpire's chief then I have a feeling we havent seen anything yet. Campbell's face is punchable enough without crap about how umpires can do no wrong coming out of it.

G-Mo77
29-12-2013, 09:36 PM
If we thought that the Geisch was annoying as the Umpire's chief then I have a feeling we havent seen anything yet. Campbell's face is punchable enough without crap about how umpires can do no wrong coming out of it.

Finished off the year well Twodogs. Love it, two thumbs up.

:D

Sedat
29-12-2013, 11:41 PM
He got the job on the strength of his ability to be easily disliked thus allowing a smooth transition into the role.
Nice work Maddog :D

mighty_west
30-12-2013, 11:23 AM
Libba as his assistant?

Greystache
30-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Just when you thought the culture of umpiring couldn't get any worse...

And people (correctly) thought the Giesh was a Wanker, just wait for Campbell to hit his stride.

Happy Days
30-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Can someone give a rundown of all the reasons I should hate Wayne Campbell?

I'm happy to get on board (I'm sure it won't be that hard), but I'm not fully familiar with the incidents being referenced.

Twodogs
30-12-2013, 04:30 PM

I'm happy to get on board (I'm sure it won't be that hard), but I'm not fully familiar with the incidents being referenced.

Most of the vitriol aimed at Campbell stems from the Libba/Knights incident in 2001. Immediately after the game Campbell claimed that he didn't see the incident. Then when he was in the witness box on Tribunal night he spilled his guts.

I should add that since then he worked as an assistant at the Bulldogs and was highly regarded by a lot of the (then) senior people at the club.

chef
30-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Mrs Campbell's daughter Wayne will take over as the umpires boss from Geoff Gieschen

We need a like button.

ReLoad
02-01-2014, 10:04 AM
Only issue I see that as umpires boss he will have to squeal to himself.

bornadog
02-01-2014, 11:12 AM

Here you go with how it all developed

5eD5dOKAQYk

jeemak
02-01-2014, 12:12 PM
His performance on On the Couch following the incident was priceless as well. Indignant towards answering any question on the matter.

Remi Moses
02-01-2014, 03:31 PM
What bugged me was Campbell changing from "I didn't see anything " to "I saw it all".
Libba did the wrong thing, but the whole complete overreaction from some media types was laughable.
This also from a team with "Captain Blood"

bornadog
02-01-2014, 03:53 PM
What bugged me was Campbell changing from "I didn't see anything " to "I saw it all".
Libba did the wrong thing, but the whole complete overreaction from some media types was laughable.
This also from a team with "Captain Blood"

Libba did do the wrong thing, but it was an instinctive reaction. From the corner of his eye he saw Knights coming so he lifted his elbow to protect himself and caught him on the forehead in an area that bleeds easily. It looked worse than it was and it wasn't a malicious act as Campbell made it out to be.

bornadog
30-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Campbell has resigned to take up the role of General Manager of Football Operations at GWS