PDA

View Full Version : Footy Tipping 2014

Scraggers
27-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Hi All,

Now that we have played our NAB Cup games, its time to start thinking about the season proper.

I have started a new Footy Tipping for 2014 on the footytipping.com.au website.

Click on this LINK (http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/WOOF_2014) to access the competition. If this link (http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/WOOF_2014) does not work go to http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/WOOF_2014

The password is Libba2014

Last year we were able to secure a couple of prizes that were kindly donated by Bulldog4Life and First Dog On The Moon. Hopefully we can do the same this year. I'll try and hit the club up for some as well. PM me if you (or your business) would like to donate a prize. I will be sure to plug you/your business on here.

FootyTipping.com.au is a very easy to use website, but if you are having any difficulties at all, let me know through this thread.

Good Luck, and happy tipping.

Daughter of the West
27-02-2014, 03:43 PM
I'm in. I'm sure I'll be rubbish, but I guess that's all part of the fun! :D

Greystache
27-02-2014, 04:32 PM
I'm in

Bulldog4life
27-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Hi All,

Now that we have played our NAB Cup games, its time to start thinking about the season proper.

I have started a new Footy Tipping for 2014 on the footytipping.com.au website.

Click on this LINK (http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/WOOF_2014) to access the competition. If this link (http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/WOOF_2014) does not work go to http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/WOOF_2014

Last year we were able to secure a couple of prizes that were kindly donated by Bulldog4Life and First Dog On The Moon. Hopefully we can do the same this year. I'll try and hit the club up for some as well. PM me if you (or your business) would like to donate a prize. I will be sure to plug you/your business on here.

FootyTipping.com.au is a very easy to use website, but if you are having any difficulties at all, let me know through this thread.

Count me in for a $50 voucher to any items on our website for first prize Scraggers.

Max469
27-02-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm in. Never do any good but that is the fun of it

LostDoggy
27-02-2014, 08:21 PM
I'm in, thanks for setting it up scraggers

bornadog
28-02-2014, 12:26 AM
I am in again, I always stuff up the first few rounds and never catch up

Scraggers
28-02-2014, 03:09 AM
Count me in for a $50 voucher to any items on our website for first prize Scraggers.

Thank you yet again B4L ... Greatly appreciated !!

There you go ladies and gents, first prize is sorted !!

dadsgirl16
28-02-2014, 02:45 PM
I am in...never do any good but all part of the fun

Chicago1
28-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Now that I've been back to Melbourne, I'll have the right vibe this year to win the comp. ;)

LostDoggy
06-03-2014, 03:08 PM
I'm in! *Must not over-analyse every game...*

Eastdog
06-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Ive just joined. Im not the best tipper either like a few on here but its always good fun.

Throughandthrough
08-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Bad luck ladies, the reigning Champ is in, anything other then back to back will be a failure

Greystache
08-03-2014, 12:33 PM
Bad luck ladies, the reigning Champ is in, anything other then back to back will be a failure

Good thing it's not a spelling contest ;)

Just be aware there won't be a 2 week stretch this year where I'm on holiday and forget to put my tips in.

Scraggers
09-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Okay ladies and gents ... One week to go ... Time to sign up !!

As a side note ... Someone has signed up and not given themselves a name or a nickname. Can everyone who has signed up, please check your details. If you win, it will make it very hard to announce or give you your prize.

Don't forget, if you would like your business promoted on here and are willing to donate a prize, please message me.

Throughandthrough
09-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Good thing it's not a spelling contest ;)

Just be aware there won't be a 2 week stretch this year where I'm on holiday and forget to put my tips in.

What should it be? Raining champ?

Greystache
09-03-2014, 01:44 PM

The word is than, not then- Anything other than back to back...

Anyway good luck.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-03-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm in so look out. I am an unknown quantity, even to myself.

BornInDroopSt'54
12-03-2014, 10:23 AM
I'm also an unknown entity, even to myself, I don't even know what I'm posting, but I can be deadly.

bornadog
12-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Don't forget its a split round and all starts this week.

Murphy'sLore
12-03-2014, 01:09 PM

Reigning.

Scraggers
12-03-2014, 08:44 PM
I can't wait; only a couple of days before the first bounce !!!

But this also means you don't have much time to get on to the WOOF 2014 tipping competition !!!

C'mon ... we already have one prize for the winner !!

Don't forget to PM me if you would like to donate a prize to our tipping competition. :cool:

Scraggers
12-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Here is the list of the competitors I have already (22 so far)

If I have question marks next to your 'user name' its because I don't recognise you ... please identify yourself to me (either on here or via PM) before the start of the season, or I will remove your account from our competition (Just to make sure you are not SPAM.

. . ??? (no idea) . . - is not much of a name. Doesn't give me much to go on
1eyedog
BIDS 54
Biff
Bornadog
bulldogsthru&thru
Can'thelpbelieving ??? (no idea)
Chicago1
choconmientay
Cricho54
dadsgirl16
DOTW
Eastdog
Throughandthrough
Greystache
Max469
Motabika
Murph's Mate
PieMad ??? (no idea)
Staphy ??? (no idea) ... BornInDroopSt'54 maybe
Scraggers
The Pie Man

If your name is in bold please identify yourself to me before the Friday night game starts

Scraggers
12-03-2014, 09:00 PM
For those that haven't joined yet here is the info you will need

Footy Tipping for 2014 on the footytipping.com.au website.

BornInDroopSt'54
13-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Here is the list of the competitors I have already (22 so far)

If I have question marks next to your 'user name' its because I don't recognise you ... please identify yourself to me (either on here or via PM) before the start of the season, or I will remove your account from our competition (Just to make sure you are not SPAM.

1eyedog
BIDS 54
Biff
Bornadog
bulldogsthru&thru
Chicago1
choconmientay
Cricho54
dadsgirl16
DOTW
Eastdog
Throughandthrough
Greystache
Max469
Motabika
Murph's Mate
PieMad ??? (no idea)
Staphy ??? (no idea) ... BornInDroopSt'54 maybe
Scraggers
The Pie Man

If your name is in bold please identify yourself to me before the Friday night game starts

No I'm BIDS'54.
To avoid forgetting to put your votes in and missing out like Greystache, you can put several weeks in, in advance and then adjust them each week. That way if you forget a week's tips, at least you have put in what you reckoned the several weeks before.

Scraggers
13-03-2014, 03:09 PM
No I'm BIDS'54.

Thank you

Scraggers
13-03-2014, 03:14 PM
A few more added over night ... here is the list of the competitors I have already (24 now)

1eyedog
BIDS 54
Biff
Bornadog
bulldogsthru&thru
Chicago1
choconmientay
Cricho54
dadsgirl16
DOTW
Eastdog
Throughandthrough
Greystache
Max469
Motabika
Murph's Mate
PieMad ??? (no idea)
Staphy ??? (no idea)
Scraggers
The Pie Man
LeonPaap ??? (no idea)
JD

Greystache
13-03-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Staphy is the name of a poster on WOOF Scraggers.

1eyedog
13-03-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm pretty sure Staphy is the name of a poster on WOOF Scraggers.

there is no one called Staphy under members in the community board:confused:

Eastdog
13-03-2014, 04:26 PM

That's strange because I'm very sure I saw a poster called 'staphy' log onto to woof only a day or two ago. The other names I'm not sure of.

Greystache
13-03-2014, 04:30 PM

Not every member comes up on that list, not sure the reason. There is definitely a member with that name.

Eastdog
13-03-2014, 04:32 PM
Not every member comes up on that list. There is definitely a member with that name.

Although the way I've spelt it stache 'staphy' I'm pretty sure is the correct one.

Eze Dog
14-03-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm in.

HOSE B ROMERO
14-03-2014, 07:26 PM
tipping site is down at the moment... sure hope it returns so i can put my tips in before the first bounce :eek:

Scraggers
14-03-2014, 09:03 PM
tipping site is down at the moment... sure hope it returns so i can put my tips in before the first bounce :eek:

Everyone cramming to get them in !!

It took me an hour at 2:00pm Perth time to lodge mine. It wouldn't accept the fact that I only want to do the first four games.

Scraggers
18-03-2014, 11:46 AM

The footytips site was not off to a good start; here is the email I received late last night

Hi Stuart,

We will be awarding participating tippers correct tips and margins for all matches in all sports which occurred from
5PM AEDT Friday March 14th to Monday March 17th inclusive, as a result of the hardware and database issues that affected the footytips.com.au website and mobile platforms over the weekend.

We understand that many tippers were unable to make their selections over the weekend, and we believe this is the fairest solution for all active users.

Please note that we will not be awarding correct tips for the remainder of AFL round one from Thursday March 20 to Sunday March 23 inclusive.

We have taken steps to correct the technical problems that affected the footytips.com.au website and mobile platforms last weekend, and we are working hard to ensure you have a stable platform on which to make your tips.

We apologise again for the inconvenience this has caused.

Regards,

The team from footytips
http://www.footytips.com.au

So it seems the first half of the round was a waste ... bring on the second half of round 1 !!!

Scraggers
18-09-2014, 07:24 PM
Sorry it has taken me so long to do this; the winner of the WOOF Footy Tipping for 2014 was Throughandthrough with 143 points after round 23. Thanks to the kindness of Bulldog4Life, Throughandthrough wins a $50 voucher to be spent at Bulldog4Life's business Discount Dealers.

If you haven't already, check out Bulldog4Life's website at www.discountdealers.com.au.
(http://www.discountdealers.com.au/index.html)
Thanks again Bulldog4Life for your generosity and thanks to all those who competed this year.

Hopefully we will run this competition again next year and we can get more people like Bulldog4Life willing to donate prizes.

bornadog
18-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Sorry it has taken me so long to do this; the winner of the WOOF Footy Tipping for 2014 was Throughandthrough with 143 points after round 23. Thanks to the kindness of Bulldog4Life, Throughandthrough wins a $50 voucher to be spent at Bulldog4Life's business Discount Dealers.

If you haven't already, check out Bulldog4Life's website at www.discountdealers.com.au.
(http://www.discountdealers.com.au/index.html)
Thanks again Bulldog4Life for your generosity and thanks to all those who competed this year.

Hopefully we will run this competition again next year and we can get more people like Bulldog4Life willing to donate prizes.

Thankyou for setting it up Scraggers.