Eastdog
27-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Round 2 Fixture

Date Home vs Away Venue AEDT Local TV

Thu 27 Mar Richmond v Carlton MCG 7:45pm 7:45pm Seven

Fri 28 Mar Essendon v Hawthorn Etihad Stadium 7:50pm 7:50pm Seven

Sat 29 Mar St Kilda v GWS Giants Etihad Stadium 1:40pm 1:40pm Foxtel

Sat 29 Mar Port Adelaide v Adelaide Crows Adelaide Oval 4:40pm 4:10pm Foxtel

Sat 29 Mar Fremantle Dockers v Gold Coast Suns Patersons Stadium 7:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

Sat 29 Mar Sydney Swans v Collingwood ANZ Stadium 7:40pm 7:40pm Seven

Sun 30 Mar Brisbane Lions v Geelong Cats Gabba 1:10pm 12:10pm Foxtel

Sun 30 Mar Melbourne v West Coast Eagles MCG 3:20pm 3:20pm Seven

Sun 30 Mar Western Bulldogs v North Melbourne Etihad Stadium 4:40pm 4:40pm Foxtel

chef
27-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Jumper clashes don't matter anymore?

Eastdog
27-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Jumper clashes don't matter anymore?

On the issue of jumpers personally there is no reason why teams should wear alternate strips. For home and away games everyone should wear their proper normal jumper. Clashing wasn't an issue before.

Remi Moses
27-03-2014, 09:40 PM
On the issue of jumpers personally there is no reason why teams should wear alternate strips. For home and away games everyone should wear their proper normal jumper. Clashing wasn't an issue before.

Nonsense. Teams continually change panels on the jumper.
The game now is played with 20 players on the ball, and unlike back in time when it was one on one .
If it's good enough for major world sports to have alternate strips then it's good enough for a domestic sport.

Remi Moses
27-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Just an observation Carlton and Richmond won't finish above West coast

Eastdog
27-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Nonsense. Teams continually change panels on the jumper.
The game now is played with 20 players on the ball, and unlike back in time when it was one on one .
If it's good enough for major world sports to have alternate strips then it's good enough for a domestic sport.

But does a change in panels really warrant a alternate strip. The red jumper we wore on the weekend is more like a training jumper. There was no reason why we could not have worn the blue jumper against West Coast.

1eyedog
27-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Wow interpretation of the rules is a fluid beast. Last year everything is a free kick this year you can't get one.

Drunken Bum
27-03-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm so torn, i think neither side winning would be the best result even though seeing either of these sides lose in this situation would bring me much joy

Remi Moses
27-03-2014, 10:52 PM
But does a change in panels really warrant a alternate strip. The red jumper we wore on the weekend is more like a training jumper. There was no reason why we could not have worn the blue jumper against West Coast.

Is it really such a big deal?
It's a Minor petty side issue to be honest.

Remi Moses
27-03-2014, 10:55 PM
All that's missing was the Benny Hill music.
Richmond choked it up big time and Carlton fluffed their lines.
Think it was 4 7 and three out on the fulls.

Eastdog
27-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Is it really such a big deal?
It's a Minor petty side issue to be honest.

Yeah you are right RM I have my views but really its nothing in the bigger scheme of things. Will get back to the footy discussion. What did you make of the match tonight.

Happy Days
27-03-2014, 11:04 PM
That was such a weird game; like a shootout without the goals.

jeemak
27-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Jarrad Waite, what a frustrating player. Gets injured, comes back and plays well only to whack someone for nothing and spend a few weeks on the sideline. Comes back after that, gets injured. Then takes contested marks and sprays the footy all over the place.......repeat.

I think Malthouse is a wanker, through and through. But, if you're a journo in a press conference it is nothing but pure folly if you decide to project statements at him rather than ask him questions that aren't supposed to garner anything more three or four word sound bites you deserve disdain.

Very strange game. Just shows how easy it is to come back from five goals down these days when evenly matched against sides.

Remi Moses
28-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Jarrad Waite, what a frustrating player. Gets injured, comes back and plays well only to whack someone for nothing and spend a few weeks on the sideline. Comes back after that, gets injured. Then takes contested marks and sprays the footy all over the place.......repeat.

I think Malthouse is a wanker, through and through. But, if you're a journo in a press conference it is nothing but pure folly if you decide to project statements at him rather than ask him questions that aren't supposed to garner anything more three or four word sound bites you deserve disdain.

Very strange game. Just shows how easy it is to come back from five goals down these days when evenly matched against sides.

Should have played the Benny Hill show theme song than Tigerland.
You're right on Mick, as he carries himself appallingly .
Think the media and Carlton members and the public deserve better than a bitter twisted old fart treating people with contempt.

Remi Moses
28-03-2014, 12:27 AM
Yeah you are right RM I have my views but really its nothing in the bigger scheme of things. Will get back to the footy discussion. What did you make of the match tonight.

No dramas Easty. Weird game and threw up more questions than any answers.

Greystache
28-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Tonight looked like 10th v 12th to me.

Go_Dogs
28-03-2014, 07:35 AM
Tonight looked like 10th v 12th to me.

I went along last night and it seemed clear neither will/should be finals sides this year. Pretty low standard game in which neither side seemed to have the ability to win it, Richmond got lucky in the end after Carlton had the run for most of the last.

Eastdog
28-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Tipped Richmond by 11 points in my tipping. Was 1 point of the margin.

Topdog
28-03-2014, 02:09 PM
I actually did 12 so was very happy.

Tonights game should be very interesting. Got a feeling the Bombers will do well.

bornadog
28-03-2014, 02:12 PM
I actually did 12 so was very happy.

Tonights game should be very interesting. Got a feeling the Bombers will do well.

I tipped Essendon but not confident as I think it can go either way.

Remi Moses
28-03-2014, 03:27 PM
I picked them as well. Reckon it's a good time to get Hawthorn and they're up and about early ( as per usual)

Go_Dogs
28-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Going to be an interesting game tonight. After last week I'm tempted to back Essendon, especially at Etihad, but should be a close one either way.

Greystache
28-03-2014, 05:16 PM
I'm tipping Hawthorn easily. I think Essendon will really struggle to kick goals.

GVGjr
28-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Close game

Twodogs
28-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Close game

Yep. It's gotten very close. I switched it off just after half time when Hawthorn were getting their hands on the ball pretty easily.

bulldogtragic
28-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Awesome. I think James Hird is the real victim sipping pino coladas while Bomber nearly had a heart attack. Not too many more things I like than Essendon losing a heart breaker. :)

AndrewP6
28-03-2014, 10:30 PM
Hawks pinch it courtesy of some Cyril magic. Thought Chappy had done it for the Bombres; perhaps that should have sealed it.

Remi Moses
28-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Hawthorn's resilience got it done.
They looked like they were going to get swamped to be honest.
Bombers paid a big price for playing dumb footy in the first half,and made bombing into 50 an art form.
Got it horribly wrong by not pushing enough numbers in the back fifty.

bornadog
28-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Hawthorn's resilience got it done.
They looked like they were going to get swamped to be honest.
Bombers paid a big price for playing dumb footy in the first half,and made bombing into 50 an art form.
Got it horribly wrong by not pushing enough numbers in the back fifty.

I thought the Bombers played too conservatively in the last quarter, trying to hang on to the ball and play tempo footy instead of moving the ball quickly and trying to kick goals. They had a superb third quarter, they worked hard and put the pressure on the Hawks. Isn't it amazing when the pressure is on, how a team with so called great disposal looks ordinary and suddenly targets are missed.

Twodogs
28-03-2014, 11:31 PM
I thought the Bombers played too conservatively in the last quarter, trying to hang on to the ball and play tempo footy instead of moving the ball quickly and trying to kick goals. They had a superb third quarter, they worked hard and put the pressure on the Hawks. Isn't it amazing when the pressure is on, how a team with so called great disposal looks ordinary and suddenly targets are missed.

A bit like us last week.

Remi Moses
29-03-2014, 12:00 AM

I think that equates to everyone under intense pressure, but leaving Rioli alone and unattended by 10 metres is a big fail.

Go_Dogs
29-03-2014, 12:12 AM
I went along again tonight (getting the most out of living in Melbourne after all those years in Adelaide) and thought the standard of the game was a lot better than what I saw on Thursday night.

Hawks very lucky to walk away winners after the Bombers really controlled play for a long stretch late in the game.

I was lucky enough to sit next to some Hawks supporters who were taking it all way to seriously and personally. Chappy was the focal point all night. It was actually quite funny/scary how much it meant to them to win this unbelievably important round 2 clash.

azabob
29-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Hawks pinch it courtesy of some Cyril magic. Thought Chappy had done it for the Bombres; perhaps that should have sealed it.

What Cyril magic?

soupman
29-03-2014, 01:36 PM
What Cyril magic?

You know that good chain of play that he just happened to be on the end of to kick the regulation goal. Yeah, that.

*although last night was the first time I've gone for Hawthorn in a match I was watching, and as a result the first time I've enjoyed supporting Rioli instead of complaining about the embarrassing love fest the commentators and Hawks fans have for him.

bornadog
29-03-2014, 01:55 PM
You know that good chain of play that he just happened to be on the end of to kick the regulation goal. Yeah, that.

That is right, its not magic to be at the end of a chain of handpasses.

Bulldog4life
29-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Awesome. I think James Hird is the real victim sipping pino coladas while Bomber nearly had a heart attack. Not too many more things I like than Essendon losing a heart breaker. :)

Ditto BT. Loved it.

bornadog
29-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Hate the Saints, struggled to beat GWS who had their chances in the last 5 minutes but just couldn't kick a goal. They now have two from two. I can't see them wining any more this year.

Remi Moses
29-03-2014, 05:37 PM
They've beaten GWS and Melbourne with a heavy unhealthy reliance on Riewoldt.

azabob
29-03-2014, 05:57 PM

*although last night was the first time I've gone for Hawthorn in a match I was watching, and as a result the first time I've enjoyed supporting Rioli instead of complaining about the embarrassing love fest the commentators and Hawks fans have for him.

Cool, just wanted to make sure I actually didn't miss anything...

bulldogtragic
29-03-2014, 06:39 PM
Not sure if I would want Jaeger or Chad if I could choose only one player to get.

Wingard is scary good, GWS missed out big time.

Twodogs
29-03-2014, 08:36 PM

From memory his were the first pair of Hawthorn hands to touch the ball in that contest too.

bornadog
29-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Didn't pick Collingwood in my tipping. Not having a good round.

Remi Moses
30-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Watched the replay of that game.
Ugly game, pies winning backs to the wall in Sydney is now one of the three certainties.
Pendlebury after quarter time the difference.
Is the buddy recruiting affected Sydney's much vaunted "culture"?

The Adelaide Connection
01-04-2014, 11:48 PM
I went along to the Showdown on Saturday and I have to say that the new stadium is every bit as good as it has been made out to be. I felt a little sad when I thought about how I used to be able to lay on the grass on the Eastern side during Australia tests and one dayers, but the upgrade is phenomenal.

I have to say that it is probably the loudest crowd I have ever experienced too (and I have been to Anzac day (the one where Zaharakis kicked that goal), numerous Prelims at the G, and a few Premier League stadiums at capacity like Stamford Bridge. Not sure if it was just the raw emotion of the whole day and a bit of a "one off" but I suspect the stadium holds the sound like I have heard Aami Park in Melbourne is supposed to.

Regardless, with ease of access to the city etc. I would highly encourage all to head over for the Port game, I think it is certainly going to be a much better trip than in the Footy park days.

AndrewP6
04-04-2014, 10:52 PM
What Cyril magic?

That is right, its not magic to be at the end of a chain of handpasses.

You guys are so literal.