PDA

View Full Version : AFL Fans association.

SlimPickens
01-04-2014, 08:55 AM
The AFL fans association, is a new association built to try and give fans of this great game a voice. I'm not one to usually spruik such a thing but I feel it has merit and in recent weeks it has certainly gained far more exposure.

They have a Facebook page and a website www.aflfans.org. It doesn't cost a thing to join.

As for my knowledge of the association founders. The head has worked in footy for a while running an AFL 7's comp in Melbourne and the UK, he also organizes the Harmony Cup which was just on the other week. I've dealt with him only on the odd occasion but there is no doubting his passion for the game.

Anyway do with it what you will, I can only say that with more and more fans struggling to get to the footy this may be a way to give them a voice. One thing the association will need is numbers, membership is currently at 1000 people, just imagine if 100000 signed up surely that may hold some clout with the folks down at AFL house.

bulldogtragic
01-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Is this the same fans group who potted us for improving the cheer squad by changing things positively last year?

SlimPickens
01-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Possibly BT not sure just noticed them in the media recently.

bulldogtragic
01-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Possibly BT not sure just noticed them in the media recently.

Cool. I think Eastdog posted something about the group a while back. If memory serves me right, they were quite harsh on the club for changing the cheer squad up. I hope they do well, but i cant see an AFL CEO taking them seriously but who knows, thats what people thought at the time of the shearers strikes...

Greystache
01-04-2014, 04:29 PM
Cool. I think Eastdog posted something about the group a while back. If memory serves me right, they were quite harsh on the club for changing the cheer squad up. I hope they do well, but i cant see an AFL CEO taking them seriously but who knows, thats what people thought at the time of the shearers strikes...

They have Joffa as their 2IC, no one in a position of authority is going to take them seriously.

bulldogtragic
01-04-2014, 04:34 PM
They have Joffa as their 2IC, no one in a position of authority is going to take them seriously.

Ah, that's right Rick, its coming back to me now. Just like The Wolf says, just because someone is a character, doesn't mean they have character (in the context of any dealings with the AFL).

Eastdog
02-04-2014, 11:16 PM

That's right bulldogtragic. The older thread is over on the 2nd page of the AFL talk board for those who are interested.