PDA

View Full Version : GWS Giants player Toby Greene charged

wimberga
13-05-2014, 04:43 PM
Toby Greene up to no good...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gws-giants-player-toby-greene-charged-in-relation-to-fight-at-caulfield-nightclub/story-fni5f7qp-1226916081901

A RISING AFL star has been charged with serious offences after a Melbourne nightspot fracas.

Young Greater Western Sydney star Toby Greene was arrested after an incident at a venue in Derby Rd, Caulfield.

Greene and a 19-year-old man from Malvern East were later charged in connection with an assault on a staff member at the business.

Greene, from Rozelle, is facing counts of intentionally causing serious injury, recklessly causing injury, affray, assault in company, assault by kicking, assault with a weapon, unlawful assault, making threats to inflict serious, being drunk in a public place and criminal damage.

His alleged co-offender is facing charges of intentionally causing serious injury, recklessly causing injury, affray, assault in company, assault by kicking, unlawful assault, making threats to inflict serious injury, being drunk in a public place and behaving in an offensive manner.

Greene was recruited from Ashburton and the Oakleigh Chargers TAC Cup side. He has played 45 games and finished second in the Giants’ 2012 best-and-fairest award.

MORE TO COME

always right
13-05-2014, 04:43 PM
No surprise.......wannabe tough guy.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-05-2014, 04:53 PM
How many of these flogs do the GWS have? Amazing.

Templeton31
13-05-2014, 05:11 PM
this is the guy who pulled the hair of one of our players (I think it was Picken) in a pack in the Canberra game. Was captured on tv and I was surprised no more was made of it. Seems like his off field and on field are similar…..

always right
13-05-2014, 05:59 PM
He's an extremely limited player. It's almost as if he has decided to model his game on Libba Snr (the tagging years) in order to survive.

Happy Days
13-05-2014, 06:05 PM
Weird; he's typically a terrible kick.

bornadog
13-05-2014, 06:27 PM
How many of these flogs do the GWS have? Amazing.

That's what happens when you have 40 players under 20, there has got to be a bad egg somewhere.

azabob
13-05-2014, 06:35 PM
That's what happens when you have 40 players under 20, there has got to be a bad egg somewhere.

Eggs. Don't forget Taylor Adams was also under their watch.

bornadog
13-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Eggs. Don't forget Taylor Adams was also under their watch.

I am sure there are more

1eyedog
13-05-2014, 07:01 PM

Brat pack. Problem is peer pressure and Leon will be keen to weed them out so that the quality kids they have don't replicate any of the negative behaviour going on around them.

Greystache
13-05-2014, 07:06 PM
It was just a matter of time. I doubt it's the last time he or Adams will be in court. Trailer trash.

They're being thrashed by 100 points week after week, year after year, but still strut about like superstars. They've got a real cultural problem on their hands.

bulldogtragic
13-05-2014, 07:23 PM
This is most, most serious. Intentionally Causing Serious Injury and Affray are at top end of assault charges, they go straight to the County Court. No pissy magistrates' Court plea stuff here, they should get a decent CC or higher lawyer.

bornadog
13-05-2014, 07:29 PM
This is most, most serious. Intentionally Causing Serious Injury and Affray are at top end of assault charges, they go straight to the County Court. No pissy magistrates' Court plea stuff here, they should get a decent CC or higher lawyer.

Has been bailed out, court hearing September

Remi Moses
13-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Culture .
Manufactured plastic franchise

westdog54
14-05-2014, 11:16 AM

Very serious indeed. If he fights it and loses he probably does time for it.

azabob
14-05-2014, 12:35 PM

Very serious indeed. If he fights it and loses he probably does time for it.

Perhaps hard for you both to answer - was Marley Williams lucky?

With having no experience with the law or knowing the facts I get the feeling Greene will get a suspended sentance at worse.

bornadog
14-05-2014, 12:35 PM

With having no experience with the law or knowing the facts I get the feeling Greene will get a suspended sentance at worse.

Also innocent till proven guilty.

Go_Dogs
14-05-2014, 02:41 PM

Without access to the information who knows.

At a guess he'd be able to plead down to lesser charges, and probably get a suspended sentence, but I'm not at all familiar with the Vic system.

1eyedog
14-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Without access to the information who knows.

At a guess he'd be able to plead down to lesser charges, and probably get a suspended sentence, but I'm not at all familiar with the Vic system.

Suspended sentence, $200 fine (although for him it will be more like $2000 perhaps) and maybe 50-100 hours community work doing re-veg at primary schools.

Better yet would be to attend a session to discuss the ins and outs of his actions with previous victims of violence.

westdog54
14-05-2014, 08:54 PM

Personally, I think he was lucky. By playing not guilty you lose a naive playing card when it comes to sentencing. His age would have certainly helped him.

josie
14-05-2014, 09:00 PM
Setting aside thoughts on Toby - let's await the verdict - if GWS culture is stinky poos can we target one or more of their gun players? Whose coming out of contract 2014/15? I like Leon Cameron, however I think he has a problem with too many young guns and not enough level headed senior guys.

Twodogs
14-05-2014, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=josie;375500]Setting aside thoughts on Toby - let's await the verdict - if GWS culture is stinky poos can we target one or more of their gun players? Whose coming out of contract 2014/15? I like Leon Cameron, however I think he has a problem with too many young guns and not enough level headed senior guys.[/QUOTE

The club would be crazy not to be monitoring homesick ex Vic players from GWS and Gold Coast.

LostDoggy
14-05-2014, 11:57 PM
Police will lay every charge that 1) they see fits the deed and 2) they think they have enough evidence for. It's likely he'd only get done for one or two.

I heard he picked up a stool and crutches and went to work. Innocent until proven guilty, but if so, he'd be hard-pressed to keep his job.

bulldogtragic
15-05-2014, 01:22 AM
Personally, I think he was lucky. By playing not guilty you lose a naive playing card when it comes to sentencing. His age would have certainly helped him.

Yep. But for me it speaks to the legal system more broadly as a construct of an equal society. If he was from Broadmeadows or Frankton (etc) and had no job and no ability to have enough money for a good barrister, he gets locked up for 6 months. But that's enough society chitter chatter, but I agree with all of that.

bornadog
07-10-2021, 03:26 PM
Toby Greene ban has been doubled to six weeks.

G-Mo77
07-10-2021, 03:29 PM
Toby Greene ban has been doubled to six weeks.

Still got off lightly

Mofra
07-10-2021, 03:32 PM
See, trade week isn't a total disappointment

Ghost Dog
07-10-2021, 08:53 PM
David Rhys Jones empathizes. Cry me a river.
Try empathizing with all the guys who are advanced in age now with niggling health problems thanks to that thug.

westdog54
07-10-2021, 10:48 PM
David Rhys Jones empathizes. Cry me a river.
Try empathizing with all the guys who are advanced in age now with niggling health problems thanks to that thug.

I had a chuckle at that article as well.

Of all the people to get a character reference from, they went with DRJ?

The desperation to paint Toby as some kind of victim or martyr is getting more and more laughable.

bornadog
09-07-2024, 05:30 PM
This bloke is the biggest slime playing AFL

A new record for Toby Greene ��

A striking fine on the weekend was the 25th charge of his career, equalling David Rhys-Jones' longstanding record as the most sanctioned player in V/AFL history.

15 games worth of bans, $35,600 worth of fines.

GVGjr
09-07-2024, 05:44 PM
This bloke is the biggest slime playing AFL

The worst part is that he isn't as bad now as he once was. The AFL should have penalized him harder in the early days but failed that test.

bornadog
09-07-2024, 06:07 PM
The worst part is that he isn't as bad now as he once was. The AFL should have penalized him harder in the early days but failed that test.

Talented but stupid footballer