PDA

View Full Version : The Rumour Mill

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

G-Mo77
24-09-2014, 05:43 PM
I'd like to see Jones have a few runs of three or four weeks at a time where he puts together similar numbers against AFL standard defenders.

Wouldn't we all but those are terrific numbers. I don't see anyone downplaying what Jong has done this VFL finals series.

Mofra
24-09-2014, 05:53 PM
If Minson goes 3 or 4 more years then what happens to Cordy and Campbell?
Probably the same thing that happened to Minson when we traded for Hudson

jeemak
24-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Wouldn't we all but those are terrific numbers. I don't see anyone downplaying what Jong has done this VFL finals series.

I think the difference between the two is the trajectory their respective careers seem to be on.

Webby
24-09-2014, 06:06 PM
I'd like to see Jones have a few runs of three or four weeks at a time where he puts together similar numbers against AFL standard defenders.

"Against AFL standard defenders" being the key term.

I've defended Jones a lot over the years, but I'm resigned to the fact that he is sorted out by full-time, well drilled defenders. He goes well against the part timers, but is simply worked out by the smarter, bigger defenders.

He's football's version of a good first class batsman whose technical flaws are sorted out by Test bowlers. I genuinely hope I'm wrong, but he's just not getting it. He is simply hopeless when he can't get an uninterrupted run and leap at the footy.... And AFL standard defenders rarely allow that to happen..

He's three times the athlete that Brian Lake is, but Lake wouldn't allow him more than 2 or 3 touches if they played on each other. Intelligence is the ability to change one's behaviour based on experience. Jones clearly lacks it.

But geez it'd be nice to be wrong!

Bulldog Joe
24-09-2014, 06:12 PM
"Against AFL standard defenders" being the key term.

I've defended Jones a lot over the years, but I'm resigned to the fact that he is sorted out by full-time, well drilled defenders. He goes well against the part timers, but is simply worked out by the smarter, bigger defenders.

He's football's version of a good first class batsman whose technical flaws are sorted out by Test bowlers. I genuinely hope I'm wrong, but he's just not getting it. He is simply hopeless when he can't get an uninterrupted run and leap at the footy.... And AFL standard defenders rarely allow that to happen..

He's three times the athlete that Brian Lake is, but Lake wouldn't allow him more than 2 or 3 touches if they played on each other. Intelligence is the ability to change one's behaviour based on experience. Jones clearly lacks it.

But geez it'd be nice to be wrong!

You have perfectly described the issues that Jones has.
Apart from not persisting when things are tough, he does (and did in the VFL GF) hang back looking for the speccie over the top way too often.

Remi Moses
24-09-2014, 06:16 PM
I just reckon he's a deep forward, but unfortunately that's gone the way of the dodo bird .

Twodogs
24-09-2014, 07:03 PM
It might be extinct ATM but I reckon deep forwards have got more chance of being resurrected than the dodo Remi.

LostDoggy
24-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Beams has been asked to be traded to Queensland.

If Brisbane give up pick 4, which you would think is what's needed to get the deal done, you couldn't see Pies taking Wright/McCartin with pick 4. Considering Mitch Clark is heading there.

Massively increases our chances of getting one of McCartin or Wright.

chef
24-09-2014, 07:26 PM

If Brisbane give up pick 4, which you would think is what's needed to get the deal done, you couldn't see Pies taking Wright/McCartin with pick 4. Considering Mitch Clark is heading there.

Especially not when they are getting Moore at pick 8.

Remi Moses
24-09-2014, 10:19 PM
It might be extinct ATM but I reckon deep forwards have got more chance of being resurrected than the dodo Remi.

The forwards all need to run up and down all the time, and unfortunately Liam doesn't fit the mould.
The dodo bird has a tank ;)

stefoid
24-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Jones has improved slightly year on year, and he will be .. what ? 24 next year?

The Bulldogs Bite
24-09-2014, 11:20 PM

This would be an awesome result for us.

With Swan having 2 or so years left, Beams gone/Harry O gone, they need some run aka midfield talent. Only potential problem is if Adelaide would be prepared to trade Dangerfield for pick 4.

lemmon
24-09-2014, 11:26 PM

With Swan having 2 or so years left, Beams gone/Harry O gone, they need some run aka midfield talent. Only potential problem is if Adelaide would be prepared to trade Dangerfield for pick 4.

Would Adelaide take one of the big boys or another midfielder to replace Dangerfield? I'm not sure of the state of their list but I'd have thought they wouldn't mind reaching for the South Australian Durdin or would jump on Brayshaw if available. They'd be a hard one to pick considering there are so few South Australian boys tipped to go first round this year.

Webby
24-09-2014, 11:28 PM

Adelaide would want more than pick 4 for Dangerfield, but I suppose it could be packaged up. Gut feel says he'll stay in Adelaide.

Remi Moses
25-09-2014, 05:42 AM
Look forward to Eddie's not so subtle dig at Brisbane about being in debt and throwing up money at players.
He touched on it last week in regards to the potential Ryder to Bris deal, and no doubt with one of his boys heading( probably) to Brisbane on a good deal we're going to get a major Whinge.

Remi Moses
25-09-2014, 05:44 AM
There's not a chance in hell that Dangerfield gets traded.
Good news for us ( possibly) if pick 4 goes Collingwoods way.

westdog54
25-09-2014, 07:57 AM

Don't be so sure about that. He'll be a restricted FA next year and could walk away pretty easily then should he choose to.

wimberga
25-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Sen has posted the following potential trade, which I don't buy but it is interesting

Beams to Brisbane
Pick 4 +Aish to Adelaide
Dangerfield to collingwood

Came out far too quickly after beams announcement to have any credibility IMO but interesting nonetheless.

soupman
25-09-2014, 08:47 AM
No way would Brisbane look at that trade. They would be looking at giving up pick 4 by itself for Beams at best, not another top 10 draft pick/player.

LostDoggy
25-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Look forward to Eddie's not so subtle dig at Brisbane about being in debt and throwing up money at players.
He touched on it last week in regards to the potential Ryder to Bris deal, and no doubt with one of his boys heading( probably) to Brisbane on a good deal we're going to get a major Whinge.

On MMM this morning, explained the situation with Beames. Dad has cancer and wants to go back to QLD. Collingwood want him to stay, but Eddie said a deal with either Bne or GCS was not out of the question.

bulldogsthru&thru
25-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Sen has posted the following potential trade, which I don't buy but it is interesting

Beams to Brisbane
Pick 4 +Aish to Adelaide

Came out far too quickly after beams announcement to have any credibility IMO but interesting nonetheless.

no way would Brisbane do that deal. Basically Pick 4 and 7 for Beams with Aish being pick 7 last year, although he is probably in the top 5 from that draft class at the moment.

1eyedog
25-09-2014, 10:31 AM
No way would Brisbane look at that trade. They would be looking at giving up pick 4 by itself for Beams at best, not another top 10 draft pick/player.

Absolutely pick 4 and Aish never going to happen.

Mofra
25-09-2014, 10:37 AM

Beams to Brisbane
Pick 4 +Aish to Adelaide

Aish signed a contract extension didn't he?
Brisbane paying massive overs in that trade.

Sedat
25-09-2014, 11:27 AM
Yep, and Collingwood paying unders in that trade - they would have to sweeten the deal with their 2nd round pick headed to Brisbane at the very least.

Twodogs
25-09-2014, 12:00 PM

I think it was just a comparison with what pick 7 snared in the last draft.

kruder
25-09-2014, 12:50 PM

If you want Peter Wright at the club then its great news if it were to happen. Has anyone seen him play live? At this stage I can't see St Kilda, Melbourne, GWS or Collingwood(assuming beams to brisy) drafting him hence we would be considering him no doubt.

KT31
25-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Can see the Dee's trying to trump in and secure Dangerfield's services, Roo's has already said it will trade pick 3.
Could be enough to get the deal done.

kruder
25-09-2014, 12:57 PM
I doubt pic 3 is enough for Dangerfield. You wouldn't trade an A grade player at his age for unproven talent. I think he is worth 2 first round selections.

Maddog37
25-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Dees could trade picks 3 and 4 and Toumpas for Dangerfield.

Remi Moses
25-09-2014, 02:44 PM

Couldn't see Brisbane doing that either.

Twodogs
25-09-2014, 03:15 PM
Dees could trade picks 3 and 4 and Toumpas for Dangerfield.

That's insane. If they consider that then then their entire footy department should be replaced.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2014, 03:30 PM
That's insane. If they consider that then then their entire footy department should be replaced.

So would that be a rebuild of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild?

Daughter of the West
25-09-2014, 04:17 PM
So would that be a rebuild of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild, of a rebuild?

I think it would be more like a reconstruction of a renovation of a restoration of a refashioning of a remodel of a revamp of a remake of a rebuild. They would definitely be moving forward.

Maddog37
25-09-2014, 04:19 PM

Just a random thought on my behalf. What did Carltank give up for Judd?

bulldogtragic
25-09-2014, 04:25 PM
I think it would be more like a reconstruction of a renovation of a restoration of a refashioning of a remodel of a revamp of a remake of a rebuild. They would definitely be moving forward.

:) I could believe that if the reconstruction only involved wall-paper and some structurally massive holes. Or The Late Show's 'Terry and Jeff' cladding system. Seems the Melbourne way.

Twodogs
25-09-2014, 04:27 PM

More of a never ending story.

Kennedy, the pick that got Masten(?) and another pick in the second round I think.

soupman
25-09-2014, 04:40 PM

Judd and pick 46 (Armfield) for Kennedy (pick 4 two years previous), pick 3 (Masten) and 20 (Notte).

westdog54
25-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Judd and pick 46 (Armfield) for Kennedy (pick 4 two years previous), pick 3 (Masten) and 20 (Notte).

West Coast won that trade by a mile.

Scorlibo
25-09-2014, 06:53 PM
West Coast won that trade by a mile.

I'm less convinced. The argument's been done to death, but I still think Judd is a more precious commodity than Kennedy and Masten combined. Masten is just a run of the mill midfielder and Kennedy is a good player but hasn't ever shown consistent enough form to be a great player. Judd lifted Carlton from being a complete laughing stock to being a competitive, finals outfit. Not just via his own performance but through leadership (when Carlton had very little), training habits and an increased supporter base and morale.

Remi Moses
25-09-2014, 07:02 PM
I think West Coast made the best out of a difficult position.
Kernahan breaks out in tears when watching Kennedy carve it up, apparently.
Everyone would break the bank to get juddy at the time, and west coast played it out in a very mature clever manner.

BulldogBelle
25-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Just reported on 7 news that Jones has told Dogs he wants to go to the Blues.

chef
25-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Keeping him in the VFL for the second half of the season and his strong finish may boost his trade price up a little.

BulldogBelle
25-09-2014, 07:58 PM
If he does leave l would hate him to have a breakout season.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2014, 07:58 PM

Both arms crossed. No deal.

The Bulldogs Bite
25-09-2014, 07:59 PM
To Carlton?

####!

GVGjr
25-09-2014, 07:59 PM

If true, it wouldn't be a bad destination for him. I hope he stays because I think he could have a break out year with us in 2015.

Remi Moses
25-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Both arms crossed. No deal.

Why? He wants to go and is out of contract .

Go_Dogs
25-09-2014, 08:05 PM
If true, it wouldn't be a bad destination for him. I hope he stays because I think he could have a break out year with us in 2015.

Agreed, hope we are able to retain him.

Anyone care to suggest what we may get for him in a trade?

bulldogtragic
25-09-2014, 08:05 PM
Why? He wants to go and is out of contract .

If we let every player walk when they said they wanted out, we'd have lost many good players. Let him go to a shitter team via PSD and see if he reconsiders staying.

bulldogtragic
25-09-2014, 08:06 PM

Yarran and 25.

Won't get either though.

BulldogBelle
25-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Looked brilliant in VFL. Do you think we could sucker them in for their first pick.;)

SlimPickens
25-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Andrew Jarman on MMM adelaide reporting that Clatkson will be unveiled as Adelaide coach next week.

azabob
25-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Andrew Jarman on MMM adelaide reporting that Clatkson will be unveiled as Adelaide coach next week.

And as a result I think with sports bet his odds are into $1.45

Remi Moses
25-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Isn't Clarkson contracted for another 2 years?

GVGjr
25-09-2014, 08:28 PM

It just dawned on me. He will be fighting with Caboult, Henderson and maybe Waite for a key forward spot with Kruezer likely to spend some time there as well. Henderson might move to defence but it's still limited opportunities.

With us he can be working with Stringer and Crameri.

Twodogs
25-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Isn't Clarkson contracted for another 2 years?

So was Sanderson.

Bulldog4life
25-09-2014, 08:31 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/liam-jones-wants-to-explore-trade-options-after-frustrating-season-with-western-bulldogs/story-fn69a32t-1227070687537?nk=852bd768b308bcd7c0a7e62eac34ddd3

HIGH-MARKING key forward Liam Jones has told the Western Bulldogs he wants to explore his trade options after being dumped from the senior side in June.

Jones, 23, showcased his potential in the VFL finals, helping Footscray to a premiership with nine goals and 25 marks, 14 contested.

Jones told the Bulldogs his intentions after Sunday’s VFL flag and he could follow free agent Shaun Higgins, 26, to North Melbourne, where Higgins is tipped to accept a four-year offer after finally shaking his injury curse.

Carlton has also made inquiries about Jones, whose departure would further weaken the Dogs’ goalkicking stocks.

The exchange period will be sprinkled with key forwards on the move, led by free agents James Frawley (Melbourne) and Jarrad Waite (Carlton).

Out-of-contract Sydney goalkicker Tim Membrey could also seek a move after only one game in two seasons despite 105 goals in the NEAFL in that time.

Essendon ruckman Paddy Ryder could land at Port Adelaide after meeting coach Ken Hinkley yesterday.

Greater Western Sydney big man Kristian Jaksch has already asked to be traded home to Melbourne and is deciding on his preferred destination.

This year’s draft also is stacked with key-position talent.
The Dogs, who secured defender Easton Wood for 2015, have tabled a new contract to Jones but he hinted on Sunday he was likely to seek a fresh start after 66 senior games in six seasons.

“I was just focusing on this VFL finals series and then just going to let that other stuff play out itself, there’s nothing else that I can control,” Jones told ABC Grandstand.

Asked if he had fielded interest, Jones said: “I’m not sure. Like I said I’ve just focused on today and (I’ll let) my manager deal with all that sort of stuff.”

The 197cm Jones managed only 10 games this year – his lowest tally since 2010 – and was frustrated with his inconsistency. He kicked 12 goals in five games, but went goalless in the rest.

Jones kicked 4.2 and polled two Brownlow Medal votes to lead the Dogs to their Round 13 win against Collingwood, but followed up with two quiet games and was unsighted for the rest of the season.

A talent expert said Jones’ decision would likely frustrate the Dogs after they had invested six years in his development and suggested they would demand a second-round draft pick in exchange.

“Talls with talent coming into their prime age of 24-25 always have value. His lack of competitive nature is a worry, but he can play,” he said.

Another expert said Jones’ standing was similar to Jay Schulz when he left Richmond, immediately flourishing at Port Adelaide.

azabob
25-09-2014, 08:45 PM

Worth taking a risk and a straight swap for Gartlett?

jeemak
25-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Good luck to him.

He hasn't worked to a reasonable standard for a number of years now and hasn't shown capacity to do so for any period greater than three or four weeks at a time. If he thinks he can string some consistency together at another club then I say he should go for it, as he clearly can't with us.

1eyedog
25-09-2014, 09:16 PM
It just dawned on me. He will be fighting with Caboult, Henderson and maybe Waite for a key forward spot with Kruezer likely to spend some time there as well. Henderson might move to defence but it's still limited opportunities.

It just dawned on me too that Jones has taken the easy option. Carlton are further than us away from a flag and as you say has at least Casboult in front of him and maybe others so he can finally skimp out and take the 3rd tall role that he has been wanting. No more pressure, no more expectations. He's not a head honcho up there in either football ability or leadership. The only problem is now we just lost our best marking forward.

Bulldog Revolution
25-09-2014, 09:31 PM

Does it signal that Waite will go to North?

It was a very stupid decision to leave him in the VFL for so long in the second half of the season

That said, its early days, and could just be a negotiation strategy

EasternWest
25-09-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm abivalent about this. I'd prefer to keep Jones, but if we do lose him then I'm actually not overly concerned.

I think he can still be a good player, and it'll be disappointing if it's in another teams colours, but it just seems like he and our club aren't ever going to get the best out of each other.

Good luck to him either way. He was great in our VFL finals and he'll always remain a Footscray premiership player.

F'scary
25-09-2014, 09:45 PM
Re Jones: I'm going to cry next year when I see him starring in their reserves.

ratsmac
25-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Good luck to him. Mick Malthouse doesn't put up with players that don't pull their weight so he might be a good recruit for the Northern Blues. He was dropped for barely touching the ball 2 games in a row and has a history of inconsistency. We have put up with his disappearing act for a few years. Now when he has been sent back to Footscray to take his medicine, he should take it, work his arse off and get himself back in the ones. Instead he gets the shits up and requests for a trade. He's not the type of person I want at our club if this is the case. I'm very disappointed with this news and very disappointed with Liam.

soupman
25-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Well at least he can hone his craft with the master of "good game, bad game, terrible game, out" in Jarrad Waite.

bornadog
25-09-2014, 10:09 PM
It was a very stupid decision to leave him in the VFL for so long in the second half of the season

agreed. I hate losing tall players when they have potential.

soupman
25-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Apparently Zac Clarke, Freo ruckman, has been put up for trade. I've always been a big wrap of his, so would be interested if we could find a role for him. If the Minson trade option actually happened (I have severe doubts) Clarke could be a good alternative.

Dancin' Douggy
25-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Truth be told. He's a massive underachiever.

If he had never worn a red white and blue jumper.
If he had spent the better part of the last decade on North Melbourne's list, would any of us here be urging the club to chase him?

If we can get the blues to cough up a decent trade/pick for him I'm ambivalent about letting him walk.

Year after year we, as supporters, are crying out, SCREAMING out for a key forward.
Jones can't even establish himself in that environment of desperate need.

Let him go.

azabob
25-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Apparently Zac Clarke, Freo ruckman, has been put up for trade. I've always been a big wrap of his, so would be interested if we could find a role for him. If the Minson trade option actually happened (I have severe doubts) Clarke could be a good alternative.

I'm dreaming, but, Clarke for Jones I'd do.

Perhaps to sweeten, swap of 2nd round picks.

Do Freo have another ruck beside Sandilands?

Throughandthrough
25-09-2014, 11:01 PM

If he had spent the better part of the last decade on North Melbourne's list, would any of us here be urging the club to chase him?

If we can get the blues to cough up a decent trade/pick for him I'm ambivalent about letting him walk.

Year after year we, as supporters, are crying out, SCREAMING out for a key forward.

Let him go.

Disagree 100%. I fear that if we lose him , within three years he will be in all Australian contention. He's a rare gem.

Remi Moses
25-09-2014, 11:12 PM
Gee jones has become Careyesque.

Remi Moses
25-09-2014, 11:17 PM

Let him go.

Couldn't agree more . People wax lyrical about his game against Collingwood, but he was on Jack Frost ( what 10 games?)

whythelongface
25-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Gee jones has become Careyesque.

Who says? You must be reading the wrong forum Remi. Don't get potential mixed up with actual. There is no doubt Jones has potential and could be a more than decent player - which is what a number of posters (incl myself) are alluding too.

Remi Moses
25-09-2014, 11:42 PM
Who says? You must be reading the wrong forum Remi. Don't get potential mixed up with actual. There is no doubt Jones has potential and could be a more than decent player - which is what a number of posters (incl myself) are alluding too.
How long do we live with " potential" ?

whythelongface
25-09-2014, 11:48 PM
How long do we live with " potential" ?

That wasn't the point of my rebuttal.

By the sounds of it we won't have to concern ourselves with his potential for much longer.

GVGjr
25-09-2014, 11:56 PM

That said, its early days, and could just be a negotiation strategy

The other option was to have played him even though he wasn't quite doing enough.

I don't have a problem with him exploring his options but the teams being mentioned won't just give him a walk up start.

kruder
26-09-2014, 12:02 AM
I just don't think the club can afford to keep Jones,Grant and Cordy on the same list. I think its more risky to keep them all on and they don't improve than not trading them in fear they may turn into an A grader along the line.

LostDoggy
26-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Loosing jones would be 50 times worse than loosing Higgins. Unless there's a key forward elsewhere that we are bringing into the club that I don't know about, this is a disaster, especially if crameri can't play.

jeemak
26-09-2014, 12:09 AM
agreed. I hate losing tall players when they have potential.

Even if they'd failed time and again to pull their thumbs out of their arses when with us?

Remi Moses
26-09-2014, 12:16 AM
It's a disaster ;)

Pedro Sanchez
26-09-2014, 12:21 AM
It's a disaster ;)

Jones is average, it's why he's played so much in the twos. Can take a mark but seems to blow out 10 candles each time he does. Let's start a fresh. He's not the player to build a forward line around.

Scorlibo
26-09-2014, 12:27 AM
Jones is average, it's why he's played so much in the twos. Can take a mark but seems to blow out 10 candles each time he does. Let's start a fresh. He's not the player to build a forward line around.

There's no need to build forward lines around one player. Key forwards can be simply complimentary role players in the current environment, and Jones can certainly be that player. His best is easily good enough, and I actually think he proved that this year for the *first* time. He's had some shockers, but we need to hold onto him.

LostDoggy
26-09-2014, 12:28 AM
As my Pies mate says when a player leaves Collingwood - 'Next'.

If they don't want to be a part of the Bulldogs then get stuffed. He's got a poor tank - a knock on him every year from experts, I've also said before that his running is fatally flawed and it affects his judgement of marking contests. IMO it's a reason he almost always attempts contested/pack marks on the chest.

I'm a little pissed at this because of the 'unknown', but we move on. This has been the problem with him to date. He's not a young Carey.

Pedro Sanchez
26-09-2014, 12:30 AM

If they don't want to be a part of the Bulldogs then get stuffed. He's got a poor tank - a knock on him every year from experts, I've also said before that his running is fatally flawed and it affects his judgement of marking contests. IMO it's a reason he almost always attempts contested/pack marks on the chest.

I'm a little pissed at this because of the 'unknown', but we move on. This has been the problem with him to date. He's not a young Carey.

Well said.

Nuggety Back Pocket
26-09-2014, 12:31 AM
I just don't think the club can afford to keep Jones,Grant and Cordy on the same list. I think its more risky to keep them all on and they don't improve than not trading them in fear they may turn into an A grader along the line.
Jones needs 1 or 2 quality forwards around him rather than the enormous singular expectations we have placed on him. The performances of both Cordy and Grant in the VFL Grand Final would suggest that both should be moved on. Jones showed in the Grand Final that he has ability but continues to be an enigma at senior level, which could well be because of a lack of quality support.

jeemak
26-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Jones needs 1 or 2 quality forwards around him rather than the enormous singular expectations we have placed on him. The performances of both Cordy and Grant in the VFL Grand Final would suggest that both should be moved on. Jones showed in the Grand Final that he has ability but continues to be an enigma at senior level, which could well be because of a lack of quality support.

Even with a clear plan to develop Cordy in the two's, and his subsequent very good performances leading up to the VFL GF we should just cut him because he didn't perform at the same high level for just one game?

Pedro Sanchez
26-09-2014, 12:38 AM
There's no need to build forward lines around one player. Key forwards can be simply complimentary role players in the current environment, and Jones can certainly be that player. His best is easily good enough, and I actually think he proved that this year for the *first* time. He's had some shockers, but we need to hold onto him.

Nah disagree. All the best sides have had key players up forward that sets the way the side plays. Key forwards are not simply complementary, it's why they're so much in demand.

Remi Moses
26-09-2014, 01:18 AM

Very good post .

G-Mo77
26-09-2014, 02:36 AM
In the article which I'm really disappointed about was this little snippet which I didn't know.

The Dogs, who secured defender Easton Wood for 2015

When did that happen?

Anyway I can see Jones eventually clicking and becoming a quality player. It'll be wonderful to go through all the ups and downs while building his game and letting him go somewhere else for peanuts. Can't wait to see that happen.

ReLoad
26-09-2014, 06:26 AM
Ok, I call Bullshit.

This is his management trying to get a bigger contract nothing more, going to Carlton? Puuuulease.....

Looking at their crippled list of plodders why on earth would you want to go there? oh yes a bucket load of cash.

To me, Jones has one year left to prove his capabilities, im on the fence with his brilliance and his total ineffectiveness.
The grand final on Sunday was there to be won by a key forward, he stood up and he delivered, better than ive seen someone deliver for 40 years for the dogs, so the kid has it, no question.

Lets let it play out and i bet he will wake up thinking, what, carlton? WTF?

In other trade news, Higgins and a 4 year deal at North, if so thats a great outcome for us FA wise and will get us a pretty good pick, either second round or even end of first round. either way its a win for us.

EDIT:
Oh and Ive got Jones taking that screamer at the LEGO MCG model which will seriously piss me off if i have to change it!

azabob
26-09-2014, 07:50 AM
In the article which I'm really disappointed about was this little snippet which I didn't know.

The Dogs, who secured defender Easton Wood for 2015

When did that happen?

Anyway I can see Jones eventually clicking and becoming a quality player. It'll be wonderful to go through all the ups and downs while building his game and letting him go somewhere else for peanuts. Can't wait to see that happen.

The Wood signing was announced on the club website and social media yesterday afternoon, and has been discussed on the Jones, Higgins, Wood thread.

azabob
26-09-2014, 07:52 AM
EDIT:
Oh and Ive got Jones taking that screamer at the LEGO MCG model which will seriously piss me off if i have to change it!

The Lego. That made me laugh.

Won't someone think of the Lego!!

SonofScray
26-09-2014, 08:14 AM
If Jones goes I will be disappointed in him. Usually I thank the outgoing players for their efforts in RW&B and wish them well. In this scenario, and probably Higgins, they won't get that acknowledgment. We've put the time into Jones, persisted and pumped up his tyres for years waiting for him to be a consistent contributor, not even a superstar, just a contributor. He might not feel the opportunities were abundant this season, but he owes us.

It'll be frustrating to see him do well elsewhere and the subsequent media / public commentary about how we need marking talls and let a very good one slip. A bit like the Schulz scenario between RFC and PAFC. That'll suck.

always right
26-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Even if they'd failed time and again to pull their thumbs out of their arses when with us?

You mean like Jay Schultz?

bornadog
26-09-2014, 09:20 AM
The other option was to have played him even though he wasn't quite doing enough.

I don't have a problem with him exploring his options but the teams being mentioned won't just give him a walk up start.

I was surprised he wasn't elevated when he kicked 10 goals in two weeks. Agree if he wasn't performing at VFL level, then he shouldn't be promoted to AFL.

bornadog
26-09-2014, 09:29 AM
The Herald Sun are reporting that 3 Melbourne Based clubs have made inquires about Adelaide's Patrick Dangerfield, Who do you think those clubs are?
Collingwood and Melbourne are believed to be two of the clubs.

I would love Patrick.

bornadog
26-09-2014, 09:30 AM
I love this one: In typical Adrian Doddoro style, Essendon have demanded Chad Wingard in return for Paddy Ryder.

chef
26-09-2014, 09:47 AM
The Herald Sun are reporting that 3 Melbourne Based clubs have made inquires about Adelaide's Patrick Dangerfield, Who do you think those clubs are?
Collingwood and Melbourne are believed to be two of the clubs for nothing.

I would love Patrick.

I reckon Geelong would be in his ear and recommending he sticks where he is for one more season and then he can walk to them at the end of next season.

LostDoggy
26-09-2014, 09:47 AM
I love this one: In typical Adrian Doddoro style, Essendon have demanded Chad Wingard in return for Paddy Ryder.

Where is that from BAD?

bornadog
26-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Where is that from BAD?

https://www.facebook.com/AFLSeasonAndOffSeasonNews?fref=nf

jeemak
26-09-2014, 09:56 AM
You mean like Jay Schultz?

So we should just sit around and wait for Jones to start working harder and hope he turns into Jay Schultz?

It's like the South Park Underpants Gnomes, all but one key ingredient exist but profit is still expected.

Mantis
26-09-2014, 10:06 AM
So we should just sit around and wait for Jones to start working harder and hope he turns into Jay Schultz?

Why not? We waited 10 years for Minson to come good.

Jones's best footy is in front of him, it would be disappointing to put in 6 years of development for him to leave and then prosper at another club.

bornadog
26-09-2014, 10:13 AM

It's like the South Park Underpants Gnomes, all but one key ingredient exist but profit is still expected.

Its not like we have a dearth of tall players on our list? We have been developing the guy for 8 years and just as he starts to mature (as we know big guys take longer), he ups and leaves. It takes time to recruit more talls and wait for them to develop, but we should be adding a tall every year, so we don't get into this situation.

Out of a list of 45 players, we have Jones and Rookie Redpath that are forward of centre players. Why not hold on to him and recruit some more talls and then there is some competition for a spot. If he wants it badly, he will work hard for it, if not then the recruits will over take him and its goodbye. I just don't think we can afford to let go guys that are over 195cm and show potential and are still 23 years old.

jeemak
26-09-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm not advocating for Jones to be pushed out, I'm advocating for Jones to be kept on our terms.

We put a line in the sand with him in the second half of the season after the continual cycle of him not working hard enough, going back to the twos and performing moderately to well and elevating him again for the same results.

He doesn't like the fact the screws have been turned on him and he wants out. I'm saying if that's his response to some pressure then he can go elsewhere, and if changing clubs makes him work harder and produce better results then good for him.

jeemak
26-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Why not? We waited 10 years for Minson to come good.

Jones's best footy is in front of him, it would be disappointing to put in 6 years of development for him to leave and then prosper at another club.

I don't disagree with you.

Ozza
26-09-2014, 10:21 AM
I'm really disappointed that Jones wants to leave and that we appear to have lost him.
I'm equally disappointed that Jones hasn't lived up to/progressed from what he showed in 2011 as a 20 year old.
I really had high hopes for Jones.

I really don't put as much weight as others in his VFL finals performances to be honest. It was great to see him play pretty well against Port Melbourne, and have 2 huge last quarters in the other games - but he has been around for 5-6 years - and has played in 65+ AFL games as a key position. He really should be doing that as a minimum - and only still appeared in bursts.

I would like to see Jones at our club for another year - to see how he would go with Stringer and Crameri again - where Stringer will begin to become our dominant forward (which I expect to happen next year - already did towards the end of this year). But seems that won't happen.

I really don't think we can sit here and say that the club has let Jones down. He's been given a great deal of opportunity to play and develop with us over 5-6 years. For those saying we were 'stupid not to play him' at the end of this year. I'm worried about what that says. Are we realistically supposed to be looking at the list and saying 'Oh well Jones' contract is up at the end of the year, we can't risk him leaving' - and so we don't give Redpath, Campbell, Cordy etc opportunities also? Jones played more games than them all combined last season.

always right
26-09-2014, 11:59 AM

I'm simply pointing out that Jones is not unique. In subsequent posts you appeared to have softened your stance.

bulldogsthru&thru
26-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Not sure Jones is all but gone. I think he may yet stay with us still. The article simply said he was seeing his trade value which he has every right to do. It mentioned that he said its out of his hands now and that he'll let his manager sort it all out. That doesn't sound like he's made a decision to leave and seek a trade. Think this is speculation journalism at its highest. Not saying he won't go but its far from a fact he wants to leave. I think we will do our best to retain him which should be enough to get him to stay which i think would be his preference

jeemak
26-09-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm simply pointing out that Jones is not unique. In subsequent posts you appeared to have softened your stance.

Fair enough.

My stance hasn't softened though, perhaps the language I've used has.

G-Mo77
26-09-2014, 12:38 PM
The Wood signing was announced on the club website and social media yesterday afternoon, and has been discussed on the Jones, Higgins, Wood thread.

I was sleeping yesterday, literally. :)

always right
26-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Not sure Jones is all but gone. I think he may yet stay with us still. The article simply said he was seeing his trade value which he has every right to do. It mentioned that he said its out of his hands now and that he'll let his manager sort it all out. That doesn't sound like he's made a decision to leave and seek a trade. Think this is speculation journalism at its highest. Not saying he won't go but its far from a fact he wants to leave. I think we will do our best to retain him which should be enough to get him to stay which i think would be his preference

I think yopu may be wearing rose coloured glasses but I hope you are right. This is not media speculation.

bornadog
26-09-2014, 01:13 PM

I hope you are right

LostDoggy
26-09-2014, 01:24 PM
As previously stated.........next!

He's not with us anymore so let's all be honest, the guy is a spud who for mine only ever played one really good game of AFL. He had some cameo's but us die-hard supporters probably over played those as well. Whenever you are worried about losing Jones, just think of when he was played down back against Adelaide earlier this year and missed a chest mark by about 2 metres costing us a goal and the game.

Good riddance Liam, you will be aptly home at Visy Park, as you have often looked like a cardboard cut-out whilst playing for us.

DISHLICKERS
26-09-2014, 01:29 PM
As previously stated.........next!

He's not with us anymore so let's all be honest, the guy is a spud who for mine only ever played one really good game of AFL. He had some cameo's but us die-hard supporters probably over played those as well. Whenever you are worried about losing Jones, just think of when he was played down back against Adelaide earlier this year and missed a chest mark by about 2 metres costing us a goal and the game.

You identify the problem well vs Adelaide Liam had to play down back, he had to ruck and then be the almighty forward also.

Good riddance Liam, you will be aptly home at Visy Park, as you have often looked like a cardboard cut-out whilst playing for us.

You identify the problem well vs Adelaide Liam had to play down back, he had to ruck and then be the almighty forward also.

always right
26-09-2014, 01:35 PM
"Spud"....the most over-used term on footy forums. There's something slightly incongruous about us keyboard warriors sitting back and referring to players with such disdain when they have already achieved 100% more on a footy field than any of us.

whythelongface
26-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Interesting that about a month or so ago Casboult was looking at his options and was being linked with us and then he re-signed with Carlton as he knew there was definitely a contract on the table. Now Jones is being linked with Carlton - wonder if a similar situation will arise -knowing that he has a contract waiting for him with us (not sure of any of the details), he is exploring all options to get a better deal. He may find that others aren't prepared to pay him as much based on expectations and thus he may well end up re-signing with us (it the offer is still on the table).

GVGjr
26-09-2014, 01:53 PM

Jason McCartney might be able to share some pointers on how to stare down Doddoro and get the result you want.

Mantis
26-09-2014, 02:03 PM
"Spud"....the most over-used term on footy forums. There's something slightly inconguous about us keyboard warriors sitting back and referring to players with such disdain when they have already achieved 100% more on a footy field than any of us.

Indeed.. MCL certainly has a way with words. :rolleyes:

jeemak
26-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Jason McCartney might be able to share some pointers on how to stare down Doddoro and get the result you want.

I've struggled to understand how Doddoro has been retained this past decade or so. Surely a lot of the under performance from that club has to be attributed to his list management.

LostDoggy
26-09-2014, 02:10 PM
"Spud"....the most over-used term on footy forums. There's something slightly inconguous about us keyboard warriors sitting back and referring to players with such disdain when they have already achieved 100% more on a footy field than any of us.

Wow how's the air up there AR?

No mention of the disdain Liam has shown our club? I have always had rose coloured glasses on when it came to Jones, and up until yesterday wanted the club to retain him. Now those glasses are off, we / I can look at what this guy truly is, a mediocre footballer, who from all reports doesn't work hard enough.

whythelongface
26-09-2014, 02:15 PM

No mention of the disdain Liam has shown our club? I have always had rose coloured glasses on when it came to Jones, and up until yesterday wanted the club to retain him. Now those glasses are off, we / I can look at what this guy truly is, a mediocre footballer, who from all reports doesn't work hard enough.

What is wrong with a guy exploring options and seeking another club to play at? We would be more than happy to pick up a decent recruit from another club, therefore we shouldn't complain when one of our decide to jump ship. In an ideal world we would love each and every player to be loyal servants to our club, but footy is a business, one with limited opportunities and players need to take these opportunities when they can.

Good luck to the kid.

Remi Moses
26-09-2014, 02:30 PM
Blimey, so Liam leaves and morphs into Jay Schultz!
Maybe we could insert numerous players who have left and done nothing.
The club have put up an offer that he or his management don't like,and were meant to buckle.
The game everyone raved about he played on Tom Langdon and Jack Frost.

craigsahibee
26-09-2014, 02:30 PM
What is wrong with a guy exploring options and seeking another club to play at? We would be more than happy to pick up a decent recruit from another club, therefore we shouldn't complain when one of our decide to jump ship. In an ideal world we would love each and every player to be loyal servants to our club, but footy is a business, one with limited opportunities and players need to take these opportunities when they can.

Good luck to the kid.

Agree with the gist of your post, however Liam has had plenty of opportunities with us to ensure that his next contract with us is a lucrative one. Sadly, through no fault of anyone else, he just hasn't worked hard enough and only has himself to blame for the position he is in. If he stays, I hope he works his arse off and demonstrates his skills on a consistent basis at AFL level. He can play, he just has to want to play.

LostDoggy
26-09-2014, 02:33 PM

If I remember correctly, the reason we kept moving him around was because he was having absolutely no impact on the game up forward. Does anyone really think the club ever wanted him to be anything other than the key forward we were so desperate for? His ruck rotations and minimal exposure down back were designed to get him into games, now the club is chastised for not playing him as a true full forward, come on.

LostDoggy
26-09-2014, 02:41 PM

Good luck to the kid.

Exactly, footy is a business so what's wrong fans being critical of certain aspects of that business, just as all shareholders have the right to?

whythelongface
26-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Exactly, footy is a business so what's wrong fans being critical of certain aspects of that business, just as all shareholders have the right to?

Totally agree that there is nothing wrong with being critical with his decision, but there is no need to be derogatory towards that person. I don't know how he has shown disdain towards the club (simply by looking at offers) or how one can call him a spud (when he has reached the pinnacle playing level of his sport). That is all.

whythelongface
26-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Agree with the gist of your post, however Liam has had plenty of opportunities with us to ensure that his next contract with us is a lucrative one. Sadly, through no fault of anyone else, he just hasn't worked hard enough and only has himself to blame for the position he is in. If he stays, I hope he works his arse off and demonstrates his skills on a consistent basis at AFL level. He can play, he just has to want to play.

My point was that football has limited opportunities due to age, injury etc. Agree with you that he has had multiple opporunities and for one reason or another it hasn't worked out. It has probably more to do with his desire, however he as individual may prosper under a totally different environment. For instance at Carlton he may prosper under a different style leadership that Malthouse offers. Some people thrive better under different conditions. That's just the way it is.

always right
26-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Blimey, so Liam leaves and morphs into Jay Schultz!

Stop playing games. You know exactly the point that was being made.

always right
26-09-2014, 03:38 PM
There's something slightly incongruous about us keyboard warriors sitting back and referring to players with such disdain when they have already achieved 100% more on a footy field than any of us.

What don't you understand about the word "us"?

Remi Moses
26-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Stop playing games. You know exactly the point that was being made.

I know what you're talking about. You're implying Liam pulls his finger out and becomes our Jay Schultz .
Aren't we playing a bit of a guessing game?

G-Mo77
26-09-2014, 03:51 PM
I know what you're talking about. You're implying Liam pulls his finger out and becomes our Jay Schultz .
Aren't we playing a bit of a guessing game?

Same can be said at the other end. Is it a given we won't become a good player?

Remi Moses
26-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Same can be said at the other end. Is it a given we won't become a good player?

So why don't we take it on current face value that Liam has under performed ?
Schultz was awful and I recall people didn't want a bar of him on here either.
On current body of work Jones isn't worth a contract rise,and the club have made the right stance.
He may become our Pat Bowden?

G-Mo77
26-09-2014, 04:23 PM
So why don't we take it on current face value that Liam has under performed ?
Schultz was awful and I recall people didn't want a bar of him on here either.
On current body of work Jones isn't worth a contract rise,and the club have made the right stance.

Somewhat agree. Still to young to call IMO. I think he'll mature and be a pretty handy forward.

KPF, good contested grab, still very young and learning. A position we desperately need and we'll just throw it to another club because we were to stubborn to promote him when he was performing. Our MC has been pitiful this year and this is some small back lash because of their inability to select a competitive team and promote accordingly.

Remi Moses
26-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Somewhat agree. Still to young to call IMO. I think he'll mature and be a pretty handy forward.

KPF, good contested grab, still very young and learning. A position we desperately need and we'll just throw it to another club because we were to stubborn to promote him when he was performing. Our MC has been pitiful this year and this is some small back lash because of their inability to select a competitive team and promote accordingly.
It's his work rate, or lack of it on a consistent basis.
It's pressure acts ,tackles etc etc.
My thinking is they don't want to just assume the penny is going to drop, and they're not willing to just give a new contract with a pay rise.
If he does get a new contract and doesn't improve the Mccartney's x2 will be heavily lambasted by our supporter base.

G-Mo77
26-09-2014, 05:06 PM
It's his work rate, or lack of it on a consistent basis.
It's pressure acts ,tackles etc etc.
My thinking is they don't want to just assume the penny is going to drop, and they're not willing to just give a new contract with a pay rise.
If he does get a new contract and doesn't improve the Mccartney's x2 will be heavily lambasted by our supporter base.

The highlighted area improved a lot this season from what I saw. I often saw him tackle very well, apply pressure and chase until he had no more, something I haven't seen in previous years.

always right
26-09-2014, 05:28 PM
The highlighted area improved a lot this season from what I saw. I often saw him tackle very well, apply pressure and chase until he had no more, something I haven't seen in previous years.

Agree with this. His chasing and pressure acts were vastly improved. I think the knock on him is his inability to work up and down the ground.

bornadog
26-09-2014, 05:58 PM
Getting back to rumours:

Channel 7's Tom Browne is reporting that Essendon's Patrick Ryder has chosen Port Adelaide as the club he wishes to be traded too and the announcement will be on Monday.

so much for wanting to go to Brisbane due to wife.

azabob
26-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Getting back to rumours:

so much for wanting to go to Brisbane due to wife.

It's BT's fault - he directed the discussion of Jones to occur here... ;) ;) :D

westdog54
26-09-2014, 06:43 PM
The game everyone raved about he played on Tom Langdon and Jack Frost.

He was praised in that game not just for marks taken and goals kicked but for workrate, tackles and second efforts. His opponent's quality was irrelevant to his game.

FrediKanoute
26-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Liam stays/Liam goes at the end of the day it doesn't matter too much. What the club needs to concentrate on is what happens after. If he stays then the club need a return on their investment and he needs to step up and show the club and supporters that he was worth the extra dough and time; If he leaves then McCarthy and Dalrymple need to firstly extract the maximum from whoever wants him and then use that wisely to get a guy who will improve the squad.

Remi Moses
26-09-2014, 07:52 PM
He was praised in that game not just for marks taken and goals kicked but for workrate, tackles and second efforts. His opponent's quality was irrelevant to his game.

Unfortunately it's to infrequent . Wouldn't think he'd kick goals on Reid or Brown.
Now back to rumours

Scraggers
26-09-2014, 11:52 PM
I want Jones to stay for what he could be, not what he currently is. If it were my decision I would offer Liam a two year highly paid contract with the proviso he meets weekly KPIs. He doesn't meet them, he doesn't get the cash. And we move him on and the end of next season.

It might cost us, and we might lose draft position not cashing in on his VFL final series; but I think he is worth the gamble.

Remi Moses
27-09-2014, 12:01 AM
I want Jones to stay for what he could be, not what he currently is. If it were my decision I would offer Liam a two year highly paid contract with the proviso he meets weekly KPIs. He doesn't meet them, he doesn't get the cash. And we move him on and the end of next season.

It might cost us, and we might lose draft position not cashing in on his VFL final series; but I think he is worth the gamble.

Not sure that would get past the players association

Bumper Bulldogs
27-09-2014, 04:59 PM
You would think that with our midfield talent coming on that jones would realise they will make him a 25% better player.

Word is he wants to go to North, well I who is he going to push out?

I cant see them dropping Petrie, Brown, Boomer, Thomas etc.

Good Luck to you Liam. Just remember the old saying "the grass is greener on the other side"

bulldogtragic
27-09-2014, 05:01 PM
You would think that with our midfield talent coming on that jones would realise they will make him a 25% better player.

Word is he wants to go to North, well I who is he going to push out?

I cant see them dropping Petrie, Brown, Boomer, Thomas etc.

Good Luck to you Liam. Just remember the old saying "the grass is greener on the other side"

Jones for Aaron Black. Done.
Jones and pick 25 for Robbie Tarrant and pick 15. Done.

G-Mo77
27-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Apparently Black is one they think is expendable.

azabob
27-09-2014, 05:04 PM

I'll take option two.

chef
27-09-2014, 05:05 PM
He would an upgrade on Jones too.

azabob
27-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Apparently Black is one they think is expendable.

mjp rated and knows Black very well. Would be interesting to hear his opinion on Blacks progression.

G-Mo77
27-09-2014, 05:22 PM
mjp rated and knows Black very well. Would be interesting to hear his opinion on Blacks progression.

Don't know how true that is, it came from a guy I was talking to last Sunday who has a bit to do with Werribee. Said that Tarrant will take his place and Black would probably be shopped.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2014, 05:47 PM
I hope the rumour about brothers isn't paying much for Jetta or Reid. Have not been sighted today.

always right
27-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Don't see Black as as upgrade. Soft and seriously over-rated.

bulldogtragic
27-09-2014, 06:27 PM

That's what North people would say about Jones.

lemmon
27-09-2014, 06:49 PM

I've always pegged him as a third tall also, I don't mind him as a player but is he the type we need?

ledge
27-09-2014, 06:54 PM
We will draft a forward and bring up bonts with Stringer

Remi Moses
27-09-2014, 08:31 PM
I hope the rumour about brothers isn't paying much for Jetta or Reid. Have not been sighted today.

Pretty bad at the office for Sydney's midfield.
My view is Reid's been frozen out , and in a role he doesn't look comfortable nor enjoys .
He was in the back half and looked like a deer caught in the headlights

Nuggety Back Pocket
27-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Pretty bad at the office for Sydney's midfield.
My view is Reid's been frozen out , and in a role he doesn't look comfortable nor enjoys .
He was in the back half and looked like a deer caught in the headlights

Reid is a better player than that and obviously went into the Grand Final injured. A poor selection by the Sydney Swans brain trust.

jeemak
27-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Aaron Black at 192cm and 88kg doesn't seem big enough to be anything other than a third tall. Having said that, his output at 25 games and 26 goals is better than most of the forwards we have on our list, and certainly better than what Jones managed to put together on numbers by themselves.

However, I see an issue in him having to play as the first tall if he came to us and wonder if he did have to do that whether his output would drop (I suspect it would).

If it's a straight swap for Jones then I don't see us being behind where we are now by a great deal, though we'd have to see Jones get to play behind a Petrie and Brown to see whether he can impact a game as the third forward compared to how Black managed to.

always right
27-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Just what we need.....another third tall.

ledge
27-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Why do we have to have a main tall , 3 of equal output would be more a handful wouldn't it ?

LostDoggy
27-09-2014, 09:18 PM
How do I insert a picture of a garbage bin?

Black, ho hum. Tarrant, lol. Love to see the fit/injured days in his career.

jeemak
27-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Why do we have to have a main tall , 3 of equal output would be more a handful wouldn't it ?

I think it comes down to talent levels of the three you have at your disposal.

Stringer has talent in spades and will beat most defenders as he gets stronger due to his pace and reading of the ball coming in (face mark attempt in round 23 aside!). But where do you find two more Stringers? That's what you'll need to stretch defensive units that have at least three players at 192cm plus.

I watched the Hawks today be completely organised against Tippett, Goodes and Franklin time and again, and those guys are 203cm, 192cm and 196cm respectively. All of these guys are extremely talented and none of them could dominate the air.

You need at least one player around the 197 mark to be compete in the air and at least one or two more very talented forwards around the 192cm mark to hold up against good defensive units these days.

F'scary
27-09-2014, 09:30 PM
There might be room for an Aaron Black in the forward line. One of the seeming competitors for a spot, Crameri, was in fact played out of position this year due to team needs. He is best as a winger, high HFF.

The other is Grant. Is Black a better player than J Grant?

ledge
27-09-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm a big believer bonts will play a big part in our forward line in years to come.

Remi Moses
27-09-2014, 10:01 PM
I see Black playing a high half forward role ( same as Crameri) good on the lead and a great kick .
He has really laboured this season, and just wonder if he's been carrying an injury.
I couldn't see Jones interesting them, and I heard a whisper Freo might be interested in Liam.

jeemak
27-09-2014, 10:04 PM
There might be room for an Aaron Black in the forward line. One of the seeming competitors for a spot, Crameri, was in fact played out of position this year due to team needs. He is best as a winger, high HFF.

The other is Grant. Is Black a better player than J Grant?

Black's output this season would suggest he probably is on numbers alone, but Grant has had better output in spurts.

BTW, where did you think Crameri played this year? Let's not forget he topped our goal kicking and had some very good games.

Twodogs
27-09-2014, 10:19 PM
I'm a big believer bonts will play a big part in our forward line in years to come.

Especially with the further limitation on interchange rotations. Bonts and Macrae are both good overhead and will rest in the forward line rather than spend time on the bench..

Dry Rot
27-09-2014, 10:22 PM
I heard a whisper Freo might be interested in Liam.

That makes sense. Wonder if they are also interested in Reid? (before today?)

bulldogtragic
27-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Black's output this season would suggest he probably is on numbers alone, but Grant has had better output in spurts.

BTW, where did you think Crameri played this year? Let's not forget he topped our goal kicking and had some very good games.

I think the gorilla Patton type is the main need. Black for Jones, if Jones walks with some tinkering is like for like on actual AFL performances. Hawks today moved around Cyril (Dahl), Hale (Campbell), Gunston (Stringer), Roghie (needed KPF), Bruest (Crameri), Smith (Grant/Dickson), Poppy (Black), Smith (Bonts), Lewis (Hrovat) etc.

Black for Jones is moving deck chairs on the titanic. If Jones wants out, then Black would be something to work with as we've got a good spread of types. We still need that big bail out big body to have the trickle down effect. I'd still be asking Patton to ask for a trade as Jaksch ain't the answer either.

We need foot skills, better defenders, quicker outside players, players who hit targets by foot, a gorilla KPF, another two ruckmen, the ability to move the ball better, midfielders running as hard both ways, players who have the ability to crack in and have good disposal efficiency.

F'scary
27-09-2014, 11:52 PM

He played CHF quite a lot of the time. Also played as a deep forward frequently and as a marking target at that.

KT31
28-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Gee this can go on forever, but really IMO this is make or break for us.
If we want to be around in a couple of years we really need to throw the farm at a back and a forward.
I'm really over excuses we have seen other teams rebuild and pass us and teams like Geelong who have had no lower picks remain at the top.

Remi Moses
28-09-2014, 12:49 AM
Gee this can go on forever, but really IMO this is make or break for us.
If we want to be around in a couple of years we really need to throw the farm at a back and a forward.
I'm really over excuses we have seen other teams rebuild and pass us and teams like Geelong who have had no lower picks remain at the top.

Feel your frustration, but honestly talk of being around in a few years is a touch reactionary .
Geelong murdered 2 drafts with about 8 players and numerous father son gifts.
At the moment with our ladder position we're going to find it hard to attract either F/A or a big fish .
For me drafting is like winning the toss and batting, as you do it 9 times out of 10.
The other time you think about it, and still bat.

Greystache
28-09-2014, 02:16 AM

Aaron Black at 192cm and 88kg doesn't seem big enough to be anything other than a third tall. Having said that, his output at 25 games and 26 goals is better than most of the forwards we have on our list, and certainly better than what Jones managed to put together on numbers by themselves.

However, I see an issue in him having to play as the first tall if he came to us and wonder if he did have to do that whether his output would drop (I suspect it would).

If it's a straight swap for Jones then I don't see us being behind where we are now by a great deal, though we'd have to see Jones get to play behind a Petrie and Brown to see whether he can impact a game as the third forward compared to how Black managed to.

Agree. Black is the generic 192cm forward who was big at under 18 and at best a 3rd tall at AFL level. Stringer is much better. At best he's an upgrade on Grant, who's not good enough anyway. Get a draft pick and move on if that's where Jones wants to go.

Norf is trying to pick up anyone and everyone who'll go there. I can see them going nowhere and then falling off a cliff with so many mature recruits who are never better than mediocre.

jeemak
28-09-2014, 03:47 AM
I can see Norf being the ultimate failure in terms of a rebuild. They're so vanilla.

As it's been in the making since they were embarrassed in 2007, this year's preliminary final came about at the perfect time to show just how shit they are as a bunch of blokes and a club to boot.

Their failure is the best thing that could have happened to the finals this year, as they have turned themselves into the most unlikeable team in the competition these past two years.

Twodogs
28-09-2014, 04:46 AM
Agree. Black is the generic 192cm forward who was big at under 18 and at best a 3rd tall at AFL level. Stringer is much better. At best he's an upgrade on Grant, who's not good enough anyway. Get a draft pick and move on if that's where Jones wants to go.

Norf is trying to pick up anyone and everyone who'll go there. I can see them going nowhere and then falling off a cliff with so many mature recruits who are never better than mediocre.

The same position we were in in 2009 and earlier. They can bring in a better class of player via FA though.

Although they will have to trade with us for Liam. Hopefully they are as profligate with DPs as we were at the time.

Surely they won't bring in Waite and Jones though will they?

whythelongface
28-09-2014, 08:55 AM
What's all this talk about Aaron Black? Is that a serious rumour. Surely we can get better than that. I would rather a 2nd round draft pick than a straight swap for Black.

Bulldog Revolution
28-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Really?

Black was a solid contributor this year albeit without setting the world on fire

I doubt North would trade him, but Id take Black for Jones - he's tall, quick, a reasonable kick, good hands

GVGjr
28-09-2014, 09:00 AM
SEN are reporting that Fremantle will offer up Ruckman Zac Clarke during the upcoming trade period.

I think that could spark some interest with some teams.

ledge
28-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Melbourne apparently has said anyone at the club is up for grabs, is there anyone who would suit the positions we need?

G-Mo77
28-09-2014, 09:07 AM
What's all this talk about Aaron Black? Is that a serious rumour. Surely we can get better than that. I would rather a 2nd round draft pick than a straight swap for Black.

No. Just speculation. I got told by someone he was going to be shopped, the papers are saying Norf are interested in Jones and posters are just going with a swap between the two teams.

LostDoggy
28-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Melbourne apparently has said anyone at the club is up for grabs, is there anyone who would suit the positions we need?

Had a look through their list. I don't think there's any, other than fabric players, that would improve our list. Howe, Viney, the recent draftees, McDonald. They're not going anywhere. The rest have reached their ceiling.

BornInDroopSt'54
28-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Had a look through their list. I don't think there's any, other than fabric players, that would improve our list. Howe, Viney, the recent draftees, McDonald. They're not going anywhere. The rest have reached their ceiling.
You overlooked Jesse Hogan. There's no better solution for our needs than Hogan but as you say, he's one of the not going anywheres.

jeemak
28-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Goodness me Melbourne are FOS! There's no way Hogan is attainable.

kruder
28-09-2014, 11:50 AM
I can see Norf being the ultimate failure in terms of a rebuild. They're so vanilla.

As it's been in the making since they were embarrassed in 2007, this year's preliminary final came about at the perfect time to show just how shit they are as a bunch of blokes and a club to boot.

Their failure is the best thing that could have happened to the finals this year, as they have turned themselves into the most unlikeable team in the competition these past two years.

Gee your spot on about North being vanilla! They seriously lack A grade talent(just wait till Harvey/Drew reitre), and will not win a grand final with their list.

I do like Ben Brown though. He has shown more than Jones and Grant have in 6 years in half a season. If he was playing for the dogs he would be hailed as the messiah!

lemmon
28-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Gee your spot on about North being vanilla! They seriously lack A grade talent(just wait till Harvey/Drew reitre), and will not win a grand final with their list.

I do like Ben Brown though. He has shown more than Jones and Grant have in 6 years in half a season. If he was playing for the dogs he would be hailed as the messiah!
If he were playing for the Dogs he wouldn't have Petrie and Black riding shotgun and taking the best defenders. He looks a likely type and you have to love the athleticism he brings to the table but he was mostly just solid in the games he played and is going to cop more attention next year

GVGjr
28-09-2014, 12:33 PM

For the right price. ie a team willing to pay overs.

doggies ftw
28-09-2014, 01:15 PM

Definitely Jimmy Toumpas. Fast, very skilful and an extremely hard runner who would compliment our midfield perfectly IMO. Seems like he'd be a great kid to have around the club and pretty sure he captained SA too so sounds like he has the right qualities to fit into what were looking for.

He's been pretty poor since he's gotten into the AFL but lets be honest, being an outside midfielder coming into that Melbourne team you're gonna have a bad time. Just means we might be able to get him on the cheap, although I doubt Melbourne would be too keen on throwing him away cheaply this early, just depends what we could get him for.

What do people reckon? Toumpas and JJ running through the midfield next year capitalising on the work of our inside mids and our midfields lack of pace and skill isn't so evident anymore.

always right
28-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Definitely Jimmy Toumpas. Fast, very skilful and an extremely hard runner who would compliment our midfield perfectly IMO. Seems like he'd be a great kid to have around the club and pretty sure he captained SA too so sounds like he has the right qualities to fit into what were looking for.

He's been pretty poor since he's gotten into the AFL but lets be honest, being an outside midfielder coming into that Melbourne team you're gonna have a bad time. Just means we might be able to get him on the cheap, although I doubt Melbourne would be too keen on throwing him away cheaply this early, just depends what we could get him for.

What do people reckon? Toumpas and JJ running through the midfield next year capitalising on the work of our inside mids and our midfields lack of pace and skill isn't so evident anymore.
I've seen very little in Toumpas to get me excited.

bornadog
28-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Hawks thinking of the next premiership

Brian Lake may not be offered a renewed contract at Hawthorn, despite playing a key part in Hawthorn's back to back flags.

The former Bulldog, 32, is uncontracted for next season and with Hawthorn now leading the race for James Frawley it could be curtains closed for Lake, who the Hawks coughed up a first round pick for just two years ago.

G-Mo77
28-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Hawks thinking of the next premiership

Brian Lake may not be offered a renewed contract at Hawthorn, despite playing a key part in Hawthorn's back to back flags.

The former Bulldog, 32, is uncontracted for next season and with Hawthorn now leading the race for James Frawley it could be curtains closed for Lake, who the Hawks coughed up a first round pick for just two years ago.

Please no one even suggest him coming back. I wouldn't want him back even if he did come for free.

ReLoad
28-09-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm at the airport flying to Sydney for work, it's like the worlds longest funeral procession.

So many sad sacks and negative numpties.

Enjoy the ride your team has been on this year, given the season you have had and the extra billions you really should be positive.

These clowns are almost rivalling West Coast as the entitlement set.

bornadog
28-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Please no one even suggest him coming back. I wouldn't want him back even if he did come for free.

Lake already pushing for another contract. No way he comes back to us - the Judas :D

The Doctor
28-09-2014, 06:52 PM
I'd take him back in an instant.

bulldogtragic
28-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Lake talked up Footscrays win after the GF.

Remi Moses
28-09-2014, 07:21 PM

Why would we take a 32 year old back?
He'd be 40 by the time we're any good

chef
28-09-2014, 07:30 PM

I'm still a Lake lover, but I don't want him back.

He's just too old, would get in the way of us developing KPP's and as Remi said he'd be way past retirement by the time we're a finals side.

The Doctor
28-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Why would we take a 32 year old back?
He'd be 40 by the time we're any good

Normally I wouldn't go near it.

However if he wanted to come back I would do it for the following reasons;

* He would still be our best defender even if only for a year or two
* He would bring with him his Hawthorn premiership experience
* Better to go down this path than a Markovic or a Young
* I have no faith in Dalrymple's ability to recruit a key position player as proven by the fact he hasn't recruited any that have made it
* He would at least make going to the footy interesting
* it buys some time so that players like Fletcher or Talia may yet make it and learn from him

Remi Moses
28-09-2014, 08:24 PM
He's got 12 months left max.
We won't be pushing for finals next season
I'd play Talia and Roberts next season, and if Lake was recruited one of those two doesn't play.
We'd be in the same dilemma in 12 months time .

Remi Moses
28-09-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm still a Lake lover, but I don't want him back.

He's just too old, would get in the way of us developing KPP's and as Remi said he'd be way past retirement by the time we're a finals side.
We should be recruiting a defender for the next 10 seasons
Via the draft route.
I've got a little bit more faith Darlymple to be honest.

chef
28-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Via the draft route.

Yep, need to nail a tall first up in this draft.

ledge
28-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Via the draft route.

Durdin ?

Twodogs
28-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Wright would be awesome.

bornadog
29-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Normally I wouldn't go near it.

However if he wanted to come back I would do it for the following reasons;

* He would still be our best defender even if only for a year or two
* He would bring with him his Hawthorn premiership experience
* Better to go down this path than a Markovic or a Young
* I have no faith in Dalrymple's ability to recruit a key position player as proven by the fact he hasn't recruited any that have made it
* He would at least make going to the footy interesting
* it buys some time so that players like Fletcher or Talia may yet make it and learn from him

Well we should have kept him instead of telling him he will no longer be our fulback and he must play forward.

Remi Moses
29-09-2014, 02:18 AM
Maybe would should take note that the team who traded Croad ( for Hodge and Mitchell effectively)
Made the tough call, and have won 3 premierships since.
Clubs sometimes have to make tough calls

Hotdog60
29-09-2014, 06:38 AM
Looks like Jaksch isn't a chance of coming our way.

In other trade news, Giants forward Kristian Jaksch has gone away for a week's holiday and will decide in that time whether he would prefer to play for St Kilda or the Blues next year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mitch-clark-set-to-choose-between-geelong-and-collingwood-as-his-new-home-20140928-10n8fq.html#ixzz3EdmjCPRv

ledge
29-09-2014, 07:34 AM

In other trade news, Giants forward Kristian Jaksch has gone away for a week's holiday and will decide in that time whether he would prefer to play for St Kilda or the Blues next year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/mitch-clark-set-to-choose-between-geelong-and-collingwood-as-his-new-home-20140928-10n8fq.html#ixzz3EdmjCPRv

Last I read we weren't interested in him either.

azabob
29-09-2014, 07:39 AM

Interestingly in the same article GCS are under salary cap pressure, so they can't make a decent play for Beams.

mighty_west
29-09-2014, 08:33 AM
Interestingly in the same article GCS are under salary cap pressure, so they can't make a decent play for Beams.

Was always going to happen with both Gold Coast and GWS with given so much high end talent on a silver platter, and hopefully we're in the position with our cap to really make a play for some of that talent, like with the Patton rumour before he went down with his knee.

Templeton31
29-09-2014, 10:38 AM

If Jaksch chooses Blues it will be harder for them to trade for Jones.

Sedat
29-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Well we should have kept him instead of telling him he will no longer be our fulback and he must play forward.
How would keeping Lake have helped us in the last 2 years? We might have jumped from 15th to 11th and we would have lost him for nothing 12 months ago. We would have also not trialled Roughead at full back and would arguably be in an even worse position in relation to next generation of tall defenders.

I wasn't happy with us taking the first available deal for Lake 2 years ago but I don't dispute the logic of the decision at all. Hrovat will give us 10 years of excellent service.

And I cannot begrudge Lake winning 2 flags - he was a big game player in finals for us and bled for the team until his last season with us when his body was shot.

bornadog
29-09-2014, 12:08 PM
How would keeping Lake have helped us in the last 2 years? We might have jumped from 15th to 11th and we would have lost him for nothing 12 months ago. We would have also not trialled Roughead at full back and would arguably be in an even worse position in relation to next generation of tall defenders.

I wasn't happy with us taking the first available deal for Lake 2 years ago but I don't dispute the logic of the decision at all. Hrovat will give us 10 years of excellent service.

And I cannot begrudge Lake winning 2 flags - he was a big game player in finals for us and bled for the team until his last season with us when his body was shot.

You have taken my comment out of context, as I was responding to a post, however, since you asked. Perhaps Lake acting in the same manner as a Boyd, or Murphy ie mentoring the younger players. We have been playing short for the past two years in the backline and his experience would have been invaluable. Showing Roughead how to play the role, ie on the job training would have been great in the ideal world. Anyway, it is what it is.

westdog54
29-09-2014, 04:03 PM
You have taken my comment out of context, as I was responding to a post, however, since you asked. Perhaps Lake acting in the same manner as a Boyd, or Murphy ie mentoring the younger players. We have been playing short for the past two years in the backline and his experience would have been invaluable. Showing Roughead how to play the role, ie on the job training would have been great in the ideal world. Anyway, it is what it is.

I'm not sure Brian would have been the best mentor for the younger players. Part of the reason that players like Murph, Gia and Boyd have appeal as mentors is their professionalism, work ethic and on-field leadership. Roughead has never had an issue in showing leadership on the field.

As for needing to 'show Roughead how to play the role', you may have noticed that we have the best fullback in the league from the last 20 years on our payroll.

bornadog
29-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Lumumba says he wants to go to Melbourne

bornadog
29-09-2014, 04:51 PM
According to Terry Wallace, Carlton interested in both Jones and Jaksch

LostDoggy
29-09-2014, 05:08 PM

You should have put 'BREAKING' in front of that for Terry :D

F'scary
29-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Lumumba says he wants to go to Melbourne

Thank God for that. Phew, bullet dodged.

G-Mo77
29-09-2014, 05:22 PM

Nice work by the Blues if they get them both. They'll be a lot deeper in the KP positions and both are young to work with. Lucky we don't need depth in the KP's. ;)

F'scary
29-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Nice work by the Blues if they get them both. They'll be a lot deeper in the KP positions and both are young to work with. Lucky we don't need depth in the KP's. ;)

Jones is a key part of our lack of depth in the KP department. If they (Carton) are stupid enough to part with pick 28 for him, we got the better end of the deal.

G-Mo77
29-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Jones is a key part of our lack of depth in the KP department. If they (Carton) are stupid enough to part with pick 28 for him, we got the better end of the deal.

Really? What ready made KPP would be available around that time in the draft? Chances are zero so we'll draft a project and put another 4 - 5 years into him. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Eze Dog
29-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Really? What ready made KPP would be available around that time in the draft? Chances are zero so we'll draft a project and put another 4 - 5 years into him. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Kurt Tippett was pick 32 in the 2006 draft so maybe we'll get lucky.

Remi Moses
29-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Bit different on here if we had to give up a second rounder for a guy not playing in the 14th placed team.

chef
29-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Bit different on here if we had to give up a second rounder for a guy not playing in the 14th placed team.

Yep. Jones isn't the answer to our forward needs so if we can get a decent pick for him that would be a great win.

azabob
29-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Jones will go for a third round pick.

GWS will get their second round selection.

ledge
29-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Dangerfield is on the market .. Geelong boy .. Macca .. I see a connection ;-)

F'scary
29-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Jones will go for a third round pick.

GWS will get their second round selection.

If a third round (e.g. pick 50) is all that is on offer, I would try to come to terms with Jones . But if a pick around 30 was on offer...

bulldogtragic
29-09-2014, 07:14 PM
If a third round (e.g. pick 50) is all that is on offer, I would try to come to terms with Jones . But if a pick around 30 was on offer...

Yep. If we already have 4 picks ahead of them (5, 23, Higggins comp 24, 41) why would we swap Jones for pick 42 (out to 50 by the end of FA and BS). That would be our 5th pick, which we may use on a rookie upgrade potentially. Threaten St Kilda on him and Carlton and demand higher. If this was a casino bet, i'd gamble pick 50.

anfo27
29-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Not overly concerned on Jones leaving although I'd rather he stayed. What is concerning is we went after 2 carlton players and both turned us down and now the blues have a crack at one of ours and it looks like they have got him. What makes the blues a more attractive destination then us? Is it just the big club factor?

Remi Moses
29-09-2014, 07:30 PM
Melbourne talking up giving the Frawley compo and their pick 2 for Dangerfield.
He won't go, just a hunch he won't.

Templeton31
29-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I think Jones is worth more to us than whatever we could get for pick 50 or so. Much rather try to keep him.

w3design
29-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Jones is not worth more to us in reality.

There is a perception he is critical to us do to a current dearth of KPP's.

He played 2 maybe 3 decent games for the entire year. The only other performances of note were in the VFL. Yet how many of those were a consistent 4 quarter efforts.

he is 6 years into the system. Analyse any other half decent KPP's 6th year stats and it does not look pretty.

we may think he is worth a 2nd rounder, to be frank I would love a second rounder for him. Keep in mind this is what we got Crameri for. Is Jones as valuable as Crameri?

i would take a 3rd rounder, make sure after the draft and trade period we have 8 to 10 KPP's on the list and move on.

we have 23 genuine AFL quality players on the list. No one who wants to go weakens the list to any great extent

F'scary
29-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Jones is not worth more to us in reality.

There is a perception he is critical to us do to a current dearth of KPP's.

He played 2 maybe 3 decent games for the entire year. The only other performances of note were in the VFL. Yet how many of those were a consistent 4 quarter efforts.

he is 6 years into the system. Analyse any other half decent KPP's 6th year stats and it does not look pretty.

we may think he is worth a 2nd rounder, to be frank I would love a second rounder for him. Keep in mind this is what we got Crameri for. Is Jones as valuable as Crameri?

i would take a 3rd rounder, make sure after the draft and trade period we have 8 to 10 KPP's on the list and move on.

we have 23 genuine AFL quality players on the list. No one who wants to go weakens the list to any great extent

Not in the same class as Crameri was prior to the trade on form - Jones, after all, was dropped to the reserves (in a re-run of previous years) and didn't make it back for the last 10 odd games. However, there may be some at other clubs who will focus on his positive attributes - size, clunking ability and improved kicking (yes, one thing that did get better in 2014) and think they can turn him around. A second rounder at about pick 30 is not out of the question. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Twodogs
29-09-2014, 10:09 PM
What are Carlton like to deal with?

w3design
29-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Not in the same class as Crameri was prior to the trade on form - Jones, after all, was dropped to the reserves (in a re-run of previous years) and didn't make it back for the last 10 odd games. However, there may be some at other clubs who will focus on his positive attributes - size, clunking ability and improved kicking (yes, one thing that did get better in 2014) and think they can turn him around. A second rounder at about pick 30 is not out of the question. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.
Don't get me wrong would love a second rounder for Jones, but if we were going after him would be ropable if we gave that up

w3design
29-09-2014, 10:15 PM
What are Carlton like to deal with?
Hard to say now but they certainly offered up something reasonable for Judd, traded Fev ok.

Don't think they live in the land of pixies and make believe like dodoro at Essendon

bornadog
29-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Dangerfield is on the market .. Geelong boy .. Macca .. I see a connection ;-)
Where did you get that from? Everything I have read he is going nowhere.

Twodogs
29-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Where did you get that from? Everything I have read he is going nowhere.

They've been pushing it on SEN a bit.

bornadog
29-09-2014, 11:39 PM

On trade radio, Noble said he is not going anywhere.

Twodogs
29-09-2014, 11:58 PM
The only trade radio I can find is last years.

bornadog
30-09-2014, 12:06 AM
The only trade radio I can find is last years.

Started broadcasting again today.

Here is the Facebook page with all the news and links - https://www.facebook.com/TradeRadio

Remi Moses
30-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Dangerfield won't get traded!! Honestly

Remi Moses
30-09-2014, 01:21 AM

Gee gotta love Mark Fine
We should give up pick 5 for Reid!
Thank god he's not our list manager

Twodogs
30-09-2014, 01:41 AM
Started broadcasting again today.

Here is the Facebook page with all the news and links - https://www.facebook.com/TradeRadio

Cheers BAD.

Gee gotta love Mark Fine
We should give up pick 5 for Reid!
Thank god he's not our list manager

I heard that. I was going to ring in and ask if he'd swap Bontempelli (or maybe Peter Wright) for Sam Reid but I didn't have half an hour to spend on hold.

LostDoggy
30-09-2014, 10:15 AM
I wonder if the persistent rumors floating about will impact players considering coming to our club?

bornadog
30-09-2014, 10:21 AM
I wonder if the persistent rumors floating about will impact players considering coming to our club?

Excellent point, Jaksch already has said no.

Axe Man
30-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Excellent point, Jaksch already has said no.

How do you know that he said no to us? I have read (admittedly it is nothing solid, just a rumour) that he turned up late for his meeting with Macca, interviewed poorly and that is where our interest in him ended.

Mofra
30-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Money is not the sole reason he wants out, it's not us rejecting him.

bornadog
30-09-2014, 10:37 AM
How do you know that he said no to us? I have read (admittedly it is nothing solid, just a rumour) that he turned up late for his meeting with Macca, interviewed poorly and that is where our interest in him ended.

All I know is he said he was making up his mind between Carlton and the Saints, which means a no to us.

Greystache
30-09-2014, 10:40 AM
All I know is he said he was making up his mind between Carlton and the Saints, which means a no to us.

Or we said no to him and he's making his mind up between the two clubs that are interested in him.

bornadog
30-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Or we said no to him and he's making his mind up between the two clubs that are interested in him.

true, could be.

kruder
30-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Levi Greenwood anyone? I know he is not a key position player but had an excellent year and fits the macca mood to perfection.