PDA

View Full Version : Gia's Coaching Future

The Doctor
02-09-2014, 11:30 PM
Can anyone advise what role Gia is likely to have at the club next year? Has it been confirmed his entry into coaching will actually be with us?

On face value he seems to have all the attributes of a good coach. He's forthright, instructive and knows the game inside out & loves it.

I wonder if he may be better off going to a contending club for a few years with the view to coming back to us after he has had this experience and bring that wealth of knowledge back with him then?

Hotdog60
02-09-2014, 11:40 PM
I think Macca indicated something like a personal development coach of some sorts with one on one with the players.

I could be wrong

GVGjr
02-09-2014, 11:53 PM
I think Macca indicated something like a personal development coach of some sorts with one on one with the players.

I could be wrong

Amongst some other duties I think he will be working with the players who move up and down from Footscray. His primary job will be to work with the players that are sent back to Footscray so that they clearly know what they need to do to earn a promotion again.

Bulldog4life
02-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Amongst some other duties I think he will be working with the players who move up and down from Footscray. His primary job will be to work with the players that are sent back to Footscray so that they clearly know what they need to do to earn a promotion again.

That is what Macca said in his presser.

Hotdog60
03-09-2014, 06:26 AM

Thanks GVGjr, that's what I read. I just couldn't remember the exact wording.

always right
03-09-2014, 09:56 AM
I would have thought he had all the credentials to be our forwards coach.