PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Membership Thread - Can we get 35,000

Pages : 1 [2]

Greystache
28-04-2015, 09:39 PM
I can't get over how much effort the AFL put in to ensure we can't pull decent crowds. In the first 13 rounds the only home game we play against a non-interstate team is round 6 against last year's wooden spooner. Surely no Friday night games in 3 years is enough to hold us back sufficiently, but apparently not.

Webby
28-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Not sure I agree with your crowd prediction Webby but another thing in our favour is V the saints is on a Saturday at 2.10pm.

Yep 2:10pm on a Saturday and both sets of members get free admission. I reckon we'll surpass 40k easily.

The Doctor
28-04-2015, 10:35 PM
I can't get over how much effort the AFL put in to ensure we can't pull decent crowds. In the first 13 rounds the only home game we play against a non-interstate team is round 6 against last year's wooden spooner. Surely no Friday night games in 3 years is enough to hold us back sufficiently, but apparently not.

Well I hope our new CEO does something about this.

whythelongface
28-04-2015, 11:05 PM
I'm sure if we continue to play the way we are for the rest of the year the AFL will have no choice but to give us some decent fixtures. Surely a couple of Friday night slots beckon if we can finish with 10+ wins.

Eastdog
28-04-2015, 11:40 PM

Yes absolutely Greystache. We are playing a lot of interstate teams at the moment. We need to secure some Friday night footy. That needs to happen. Kids then who are watching on Friday night will see us in action during prime time.

boydogs
29-04-2015, 01:56 AM

There's that, but we have a very soft fixture this year in terms of our opposition. We beat 2 interstate sides at home in the first 4 weeks to go 3-1 and suddenly there is a lot of hype around us which will help sell memberships

Bulldog Joe
29-04-2015, 07:49 AM

We do only get 4 home games against Vic sides for the year. St Kilda, Melbourne, Carlton and Collingwood.
The AFL have certainly done their best over the past 3 seasons to kill our crowds.

ledge
29-04-2015, 10:45 AM
I'm backing next years draw we get a few Friday night games and home games against vic sides, especially if we can win nine games or more.
It's quite obvious we are improving and the league will want to take advantage of it after stuffing up giving lowly Carlton a lot of Friday night games.

Eastdog
29-04-2015, 10:54 AM
I'm backing next years draw we get a few Friday night games and home games against vic sides, especially if we can win nine games or more.
It's quite obvious we are improving and the league will want to take advantage of it after stuffing up giving lowly Carlton a lot of Friday night games.

I hope we do ledge. About time we get some Friday night footy again. What is the crowd threshold we need to reach at Etihad to make a profit. All we need there is a better stadium deal which we are happy with and will make a profit. Would love 1 home game per year at Whitten Oval. Would certainly be great for our younger fans.

ledge
29-04-2015, 11:05 AM
I think it was 20,000 was the profit point but they improved the deal a couple of years ago so I'm not sure now.

always right
29-04-2015, 02:08 PM
I understand all this, but we played an interstate team during a holiday weekend in round 1, then another interstate team during THE DREADED graveyard shift in our second home game.

I'm expecting a big, big crowd against the Aints in a couple of weeks. We've got our feel good factor back and I believe the Aints and ourselves have nominated each others' games as our make up fixture for our NZ & Cairns games respectively. (ie. Free entry for away members). So the crowd and the atmosphere should be huge against them. I'm tipping 30k Dogs fans and 15k Aints fans.

Kids love young teams. I'd implore the club to get out there. We've got the buzz on now and the feeling around the west is great! The crowds are coming!

Valid points but a bit of a copout for our supporters. Where were they against Richmond? Crowd of almost 50k and I reckon 15k were our supporters. No excuses for the saints match.....friendly time slot, all weather venue, exciting team who has made a great start to the season. 40k is the pass mark.

BulldogBelle
29-04-2015, 03:53 PM
My brother had twin girls today and the first one out is a bulldog and the last out is a Saint.
Just bought a Baby Bulldog membership for for my new neice today. Unfortunatley the other side of the family are mad Saint supporters. All l can say is lucky there was twins or it could of been war!

bornadog
29-04-2015, 03:58 PM
My brother had twin girls today and the first one out is a bulldog and the last out is a Saint.
Just bought a Baby Bulldog membership for for my new neice today. Unfortunatley the other side of the family are mad Saint supporters. All l can say is lucky there was twins or it could of been war!

Congratulations. Your job now is to convert the other one.

Bulldog Joe
29-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Buy the baby bulldog for both.

They can decide when they are old enough and their awareness will coincide with Bulldog supremacy.

BulldogBelle
29-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Congratulations. Your job now is to convert the other one.

My brother and l both think we will convert the other twin. l am sure we will do better than the Saints in the next 5+ years.

Webby
29-04-2015, 05:08 PM
Valid points but a bit of a copout for our supporters. Where were they against Richmond? Crowd of almost 50k and I reckon 15k were our supporters. No excuses for the saints match.....friendly time slot, all weather venue, exciting team who has made a great start to the season. 40k is the pass mark.

Well, 50k went to the Richmond game. An away game for us. 58k went to Richmond v Melbourne two weeks later. At the MCG, a lot depends on how many MCC Members turn up & I reckon Melbourne Footy Club would have a lot more MCC members (gaining free entry as away supporters) than us.

As you say, 40k at Etihad v Saints will be a pass mark, so my prediction of 45k isn't too overly optimistic, IMO.

Go_Dogs
29-04-2015, 07:15 PM
As you say, 40k at Etihad v Saints will be a pass mark, so my prediction of 45k isn't too overly optimistic, IMO.

I think we'll be lucky to get 35k, to be honest.

Bulldog Joe
29-04-2015, 07:44 PM
I think we'll be lucky to get 35k, to be honest.

I was thinking 30k would be a reasonable crowd. Can't see many Saints fans getting to enthused about the footy based on their last couple of games.

1eyedog
29-04-2015, 10:43 PM
I was thinking 30k would be a reasonable crowd. Can't see many Saints fans getting to enthused about the footy based on their last couple of games.

Yeah I was thinking low 30s for this very reason.

LostDoggy
30-04-2015, 09:40 PM
My brother and l both think we will convert the other twin. l am sure we will do better than the Saints in the next 5+ years.

The "premiership window" for kids' affections is 6-8 years, unless you are able to get some fierce brainwashing in. That said, my eldest was ferocious Bulldog and he swapped last year to… *shudder*… (please forgive him Lord, he knows not what he does)……… Essendon. Needless to say, we haven't spoken for a year.

Yeah I was thinking low 30s for this very reason.

Let's run a pool!!

josie
30-04-2015, 10:49 PM
The "premiership window" for kids' affections is 6-8 years, unless you are able to get some fierce brainwashing in. That said, my eldest was ferocious Bulldog and he swapped last year to… *shudder*… (please forgive him Lord, he knows not what he does)……… Essendon. Needless to say, we haven't spoken for a year.

Let's run a pool!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! Leave news articles about all the sms's and details of the EFC "we don't know what we injected our players with" around the house - kind of like Hansel & Gretel bread crumbs and make sure the trail leads to articles about the upward trajectory of the might Dogs. When the toilet flushes link it to "Sons of the West", and when your son goes to bed play it again (for a bit of variety use the end of game player's singing version). Also leave the Dog's magazine on bedside table for a bit of night time reading. Win him back BornAScragger, win him back !!!!

G-Mo77
30-04-2015, 11:35 PM

My boy is now 19 months old and he already loves the Bulldogs. Very time he sees the logo he points and says Dogs loudly. I gave him the extra magazine we got delivered to our house and he read through it as well as he possibly could for his age. I've got scarfs hanging in his room as well and of course stuffed toys. I'm on track to have another Doggie supporter but I dread that day if he changes BAS. I'm open to him supporting someone else except for Essendon. If he barracks for them he'll have to find another place to stay, it's that simple.

comrade
01-05-2015, 08:51 AM
My little 2.5yr old boy is obsessed with The Pack, those goofy Bulldogs mascots. The club put out a few videos of them on the website last week so I showed him and now everyday he's at me 'Bulldogs, Bulldogs'.

This coincided with me taking him to his first ever game, appropriately at the Whitten Oval on Sunday. When I told him to watch out for the Bulldogs running out on the field, he was disappointed it was the players and not the mascots I was talking about :)

Phase 1 in brainwashing has commenced.

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
01-05-2015, 09:56 AM
Like above and to rip off First Dog On The Moon, mission 'The Brainwashening' is in full swing.
My son who recently turned two is already well and truly on the right path. He's been a member since birth and he's always had bulldog merchandise close at hand. We used to go through the Bulldog book that arrives each year and I'd get him to learn associate player's names with their picture. That became an issue when Cooney, Griffen and Higgins left..we had some unlearning to do there. But he is already calling out Stringer and Bont when we watch the games on the TV.
I will be secretly crushed if he grows up to support another team when he gets older, hence why I'm working hard now to make those Bulldog neural connections strong now whilst his little brain is so pliable. Mwwwaaahaaaa!!!!

chef
01-05-2015, 10:06 AM
My sons first 3 words were Dad, Mum and Dogs.

Maddog37
01-05-2015, 10:46 AM
My sons first 3 words were Dad, Mum and Dogs.

Clubhouse leader.

1eyedog
01-05-2015, 05:17 PM
My boy is now 19 months old and he already loves the Bulldogs. Very time he sees the logo he points and says Dogs loudly. I gave him the extra magazine we got delivered to our house and he read through it as well as he possibly could for his age. I've got scarfs hanging in his room as well and of course stuffed toys. I'm on track to have another Doggie supporter but I dread that day if he changes BAS. I'm open to him supporting someone else except for Essendon. If he barracks for them he'll have to find another place to stay, it's that simple.

If my son barracks for anyone else he'll have to find somewhere else to stay. No son of mine is barracking for any other teams. This is my sole concession on his life, he can love who he wants, do what makes him happy yada yada but the Bulldogs are a non-negotiable I'm afraid.

BulldogBelle
01-05-2015, 05:26 PM
If my son barracks for anyone else he'll have to find somewhere else to stay. No son of mine is barracking for any other teams. This is my sole concession on his life, he can love who he wants, do what makes him happy yada yada but the Bulldogs are a non-negotiable I'm afraid.

Spot on. l was exactly the same when my then 7-8 year old tried to jump ship (now 11). l got quite nasty with him and told him he would have to move out because l refused to have another supporter live in our house. He did wavier for a couple of years but is now a dyed in the wool dog.
You just have to keep at them and don't give into them. Has to be easier this year with how the team is going.

Mitcha
02-05-2015, 06:34 PM
After another great day today, If you are not a member by now, what the hell are you waiting for? If you are a member make sure you get to Etihad and raise the roof next week. Far too many of you find very soft reasons for not going.

bulldogtragic
02-05-2015, 06:47 PM
Not sure this team can do anything more than we've done to bandwagon members. Cmon y'all and just do it already.

GVGjr
02-05-2015, 06:48 PM
After another great day today, If you are not a member by now, what the hell are you waiting for? If you are a member make sure you get to Etihad and raise the roof next week. Far too many of you find very soft reasons for not going.

The club and players are doing everything they can to minimise reasons for supporters not going. It's time to get on board and get to the games

bornadog
02-05-2015, 07:11 PM
The club and players are doing everything they can to minimise reasons for supporters not going. It's time to get on board and get to the games

Next week is the big test

LostDoggy
02-05-2015, 07:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! Leave news articles about all the sms's and details of the EFC "we don't know what we injected our players with" around the house - kind of like Hansel & Gretel bread crumbs and make sure the trail leads to articles about the upward trajectory of the might Dogs. When the toilet flushes link it to "Sons of the West", and when your son goes to bed play it again (for a bit of variety use the end of game player's singing version). Also leave the Dog's magazine on bedside table for a bit of night time reading. Win him back BornAScragger, win him back !!!!

Unfortunately I wasn't kidding when I said we haven't spoken in a year. He lives with his mother in the Pilbara, the stepdad goes for the Bombers (he's the perfect fit for a Bomber fan, actually) and I've little choice in the matter.

Maybe when he's older and able to contact me more I'll try and woo him back.

hujsh
02-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Finally got around to getting my membership. After today (and given the fact I was planing to go to the St.Kilda game) it just seemed like a good time to bother. (hopefully I've not left it too late and I'll be able to use it to get in)

First non-concession membership too. I hate giving up my money but it's easier after a day like today.

GVGjr
02-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Next week is the big test

Yep, Saturday afternoon offers us a very good chance of getting a lot of our supporters to the game.

comrade
02-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Unfortunately I wasn't kidding when I said we haven't spoken in a year. He lives with his mother in the Pilbara, the stepdad goes for the Bombers (he's the perfect fit for a Bomber fan, actually) and I've little choice in the matter.

Maybe when he's older and able to contact me more I'll try and woo him back.

Sorry to hear mate, as a father myself I can't even imagine how tough you've got it.

One day you and him will be arm and arm, singing the Doggies song after a big win.

bornadog
05-05-2015, 05:10 PM

slowly getting there

LostDoggy
05-05-2015, 05:24 PM
Would expect to see some fair crowds at the membership tents Saturday!

Webby
05-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Would expect to see some fair crowds at the membership tents Saturday!

Yeah, I'd expect so. It's our first home game that hasn't been against interstate opposition and/or the graveyard shift. I was disappointed the Aints didn't beat the Bombres on Sunday (on a couple of counts), but I still think their performance will buoy their supporters into turning out on Saturday.

Finally, the Adelaide game came on the back of a downer against Hawthorn, however this week comes on the back of some massive feel good factor. The casual supporters should be rolling up in droves.

I know some supporters resent the more fair-weathered Dogs fans, but I think we should give them a break. All clubs have a portion of fans who are less "into" their footy and have other priorities on a Saturday afternoon. Even if they are a bit more discretionary with their annual WBFC membership, they're still welcome.

We need to be an inclusive club. I'd urge the fellow rusted-on members to lean towards being more welcoming and inclusive to the new members than being smug and condescending. Remember that a lot of them might just be the mums of young Doggies fans who have finally kicked the door down in their nagging for mum to take them to the footy.

Even if they're just hipsters who want to sample a Dogs game rather than a live band, then so be it. Shit, even if they're uber-trendies sampling a Dogs game rather than going to an organic cafe for some ethical coffee - so be it.

The more the merrier!

Go_Dogs
05-05-2015, 06:59 PM
I know a mate of mine, who is a member, won't be able to make it because of his football commitments.

I'm hoping I'll be able to drag a couple of neutrals along and am otherwise going with a mate who supports the Saints. If we can crack 35k at the game that would be huge, but I suspect closer to 30 is what we'll get.

Twodogs
05-05-2015, 08:26 PM
I'm working at the football this weekend. I'm taking a client who has never been before but said to me before the season started "I want to go and see this football team you are always telling me about, can you take me to a game?" So I checked the fixture and booked tickets to the first game on it that I thought we were pretty sure to win.

We had better win!

Smads57
05-05-2015, 11:20 PM
Meeting my brother for the first time at the footy since the last year at Whitten Oval this week-end. Had a serious discussion with him before the season started about how exciting our pre-season was and that he should come along for the journey.

hujsh
06-05-2015, 12:20 AM
It's hard to buy a membership when you can barely force yourself to watch the team on TV

1eyedog
06-05-2015, 10:00 AM
It's hard to buy a membership when you can barely force yourself to watch the team on TV
For some. My family are Bulldogs for life. Through sun and hail but each to their own.

bornadog
06-05-2015, 10:10 AM
For some. My family are Bulldogs for life. Through sun and hail but each to their own.

Ditto

KT31
06-05-2015, 10:16 AM
Meeting my brother for the first time at the footy
Thought you would have known him for years.:D

Twodogs
06-05-2015, 10:25 AM

Yep. Never waiver.

Eastdog
06-05-2015, 10:34 AM

In my immediate family in the only one who is a Bulldog and very proud to be a member. Will always support the Bulldogs.

whythelongface
06-05-2015, 10:56 AM

Yep ditto. Me, my wife and son are also bulldogs for life 'interstate' members. Though my wife only really cares about my mood when it comes to the bulldogs. My son who is three is starting to recognise the bulldogs and say 'go bulldogs'.

KT31
06-05-2015, 11:05 AM
A few Bulldogs in supporters in my family but the worse one I have is my oldest stingy brother who has my Grandparents two 1954 membership cards and has never ever bought a membership in his 66 years.
Worse though when we are down it is "your Bulldogs aren't going to well" and times like now its "our Bulldogs'.

Ozza
06-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Similar to a few above, we are the rain, hail or shine bulldogs type. Dad and I, along with 2 other family members have had seats for as long as I can remember. We are now gearing up for my two kids (4 & 2 yrs old) to gradually join us when ready, as they've been 'pup' members since birth.

Its really great timing that we are coming good now that my young bloke is 4 as the next few years are the really impressionable footy ages - and his mother is a cats supporter...so good that they are heading south!

1eyedog
06-05-2015, 03:55 PM
Similar to a few above, we are the rain, hail or shine bulldogs type. Dad and I, along with 2 other family members have had seats for as long as I can remember. We are now gearing up for my two kids (4 & 2 yrs old) to gradually join us when ready, as they've been 'pup' members since birth.

Its really great timing that we are coming good now that my young bloke is 4 as the next few years are the really impressionable footy ages - and his mother is a cats supporter...so good that they are heading south!

Same, my 6 year old has just started coming to the footy on a junior membership. What an initiation he's had this year.

Greystache
06-05-2015, 05:04 PM
I've heard the membership department has been under the pump this week with people signing up. 35,000 looks pretty realistic.

always right
06-05-2015, 05:22 PM
Somewhat peeved that it took until the win over Sydney for people to jump on board. Just the way it is I guess.

1eyedog
06-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Somewhat peeved that it took until the win over Sydney for people to jump on board. Just the way it is I guess.

Yeah all AFL clubs have their summer surfers.

KT31
06-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Hopefully once on board they stay on board for many years.
Similar thing that used to annoy me in the past was the club rewarding the 20000th (or sorts) number member that signed on with a signed jumper etc., thankfully its doesn't occur anymore.
What about us who sign on early or are Bulldogs for Life?
All signed members should have gone into a draw.

LostDoggy
06-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Bulldogs for life for our family as well, but first time social club members after Saturday. Just wanted to show appreciation of our boys effort somehow

jazzadogs
06-05-2015, 10:35 PM
Was talking to a Bulldogs 'fan' today at work. I've been sharing every Bulldogs Membership post in the past few weeks to her facebook. She said 'if they win a premiership, then I'll buy a membership. We can't even beat Hawthorn'.

Dumbfounded.

The Bulldogs Bite
06-05-2015, 10:39 PM
Was talking to a Bulldogs 'fan' today at work. I've been sharing every Bulldogs Membership post in the past few weeks to her facebook. She said 'if they win a premiership, then I'll buy a membership. We can't even beat Hawthorn'.

Dumbfounded.

Report it to your boss, she deserves to be fired.

LostDoggy
06-05-2015, 10:43 PM
I know a few people like me ( now Platinum Club ) have upgraded their Memberships , quite a few had Non-Game Memberships , it would be an interesting stat to see how many Members have upgraded

bornadog
07-05-2015, 04:53 PM

Its been a big week so far.

Ozza
07-05-2015, 06:08 PM

About 800 memberships for the week I think.
Great to hear.

(The seats on the bandwagon are awfully comfy).

LostDoggy
07-05-2015, 06:58 PM
Hopefully once on board they stay on board for many years.
Similar thing that used to annoy me in the past was the club rewarding the 20000th (or sorts) number member that signed on with a signed jumper etc., thankfully its doesn't occur anymore.
What about us who sign on early or are Bulldogs for Life?
All signed members should have gone into a draw.

The first 1,000 don't need a signed guernsey. They wear theirs under their skin, with the entire club's history tattooed on their heart. So take pride in the fact you don't need a gimmick to back the club.

Dumbfounded.

Idea: Let's all chip in and buy her a Carlton membership.

G-Mo77
07-05-2015, 09:10 PM

That's a nice jump. The win over Sydney along with all the positive press behind has been big. Got to drop the Saints on their butt Saturday. A loss would be a disaster in terms of membership momentum.

LostDoggy
11-05-2015, 08:51 AM
Bulldogs for life for our family as well, but first time social club members after Saturday. Just wanted to show appreciation of our boys effort somehow

If you had of told me we had access to our own toilets with proper taps and hot water I would have taken social club sooner! :)

KT31
11-05-2015, 09:59 AM
We will miss out on the fence sitters after Saturday but with a good showing against the Dockers, the press being realistic about us , supporters taking the loss for what it was and everyone remembers we are still the same young inexperienced side that beat Sydney we may still get a few of them to sign on.

G-Mo77
11-05-2015, 10:16 AM
We will miss out on the fence sitters after Saturday but with a good showing against the Dockers, the press being realistic about us , supporters taking the loss for what it was and everyone remembers we are still the same young inexperienced side that beat Sydney we may still get a few of them to sign on.

I think it'll hurt. 10 goal lead and lose to a team we were suppose to beat. It's a hard sell for people who are still fence sitting. Why the still are though is beyond me? Come out and beat Freo and it's all forgotten.

I'm interested to see the numbers after Saturday. I'm hoping we got quite a few signups on the day.

Daughter of the West
11-05-2015, 10:19 AM
I think it'll hurt. 10 goal lead and lose to a team we were suppose to beat. It's a hard sell for people who are still fence sitting. Why the still are though is beyond me? Come out and beat Freo and it's all forgotten.

I'm interested to see the numbers after Saturday. I'm hoping we got quite a few signups on the day.

I got a text from a mate that I have been badgering to put his money where his mouth is on Saturday:

And I was going to waste hard earned money on them yeah right

I very nearly went through the roof of the train in anger - but that is that attitude of a lot of "supporters"

G-Mo77
11-05-2015, 10:57 AM
I got a text from a mate that I have been badgering to put his money where his mouth is on Saturday:

I very nearly went through the roof of the train in anger - but that is that attitude of a lot of "supporters"

A shame and as you said there is a lot exactly the same. I'm sure all clubs are the same but a low supporter base we feel it more.

bornadog
12-05-2015, 04:38 PM

bulldogtragic
12-05-2015, 05:22 PM

Close to record of 32,077
400 memberships to give our marketing department the ability to press this to the media and give this batch of players the knowledge they're already the most membered bunch of players... Just do it.

Axe Man
12-05-2015, 05:41 PM

Close to record of 32,077

Where did you get that record figure of 32,077 from? I thought our membership was close to 35,000 in 2010?

Eastdog
12-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Where did you get that record figure of 32,077 from? I thought our membership was close to 35,000 in 2010?

I was thinking 34,842. I'm sure our club website has the records. Anyway will good to be apart of for the first time a record breaking Bulldog membership figure hopefully.

bornadog
12-05-2015, 06:21 PM

I was thinking 34,842. I'm sure our club website has the records. Anyway will good to be apart of for the first time a record breaking Bulldog membership figure hopefully.

OK according to Wiki you are right.

Year
Members

1995 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_AFL_season)

1996 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_AFL_season)

1997 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_AFL_season)

1998 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_AFL_season)

1999 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_AFL_season)

2000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_AFL_season)

2001 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_AFL_season)

2002 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_AFL_season)

2003 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_AFL_season)

2004 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_AFL_season)

2005 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_AFL_season)

2006 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_AFL_season)

2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_AFL_season)

2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_AFL_season)

2009 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_AFL_season)

2010 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_AFL_season)

2011 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_AFL_season)

2012 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_AFL_season)

2013 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_AFL_season)

2014 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_AFL_season)

Eastdog
12-05-2015, 06:32 PM
Can't rely on Wikipedia too much but yeah I think that is the record.

LostDoggy
12-05-2015, 09:09 PM

Is that right???

800 up from last week?????;)

bornadog
15-05-2015, 11:23 AM
Year
Members

1995 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_AFL_season)

1996 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_AFL_season)

1997 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_AFL_season)

1998 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_AFL_season)

1999 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_AFL_season)

2000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_AFL_season)

2001 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_AFL_season)

2002 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_AFL_season)

2003 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_AFL_season)

2004 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_AFL_season)

2005 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_AFL_season)

2006 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_AFL_season)

2007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_AFL_season)

2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_AFL_season)

2009 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_AFL_season)

2010 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_AFL_season)

2011 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_AFL_season)

2012 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_AFL_season)

2013 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_AFL_season)

2014 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_AFL_season)

Currently sitting at 31,813

On track to break the Club’s all-time membership record, the Western Bulldogs surpassed their 2014 membership total on Thursday afternoon.Passing the milestone over 10 weeks ahead of last year, the 2015 total as its stands ranks third in the Club’s history.
In 2010 the club set its all time membership record of 34,893, on the back of successive preliminary finals appearances.

The Club’s membership tally of 32,125 in 2011 ranks as the Club’s second best on record.
Following a strong start to season 2015, captain Bob Murphy has been bouyed by the vocal support the red, white and blue faithful had provided.
“On and off the field, the Bulldogs are a family, and to have the unwavering support of the red, white and blue faithful, week-in and week-out, you just can’t beat it.

“As Club we’re in a great place. There’s a hunger amongst the players, and we want our fellow Bulldogs to join us for the ride.
“To those kindred Bulldogs spirits that are yet to come back, we want to share this journey with you.

“I’m excited by the road that lies ahead for this group, and we want to travel it with you.”
Memberships start from as little as $50 for adults and $25 for juniors. To join, or for further information, call 1300 46 36 47 or go to membership.westernbulldogs.com.au. link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-05-15/membership-record-in-sight)

whythelongface
15-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Not too sure if it has been mentioned but the club has recently started a 'pay-it forward' campaign whereby you can purchase a membership for someone else (either someone you know or anonomously). Just purchased a $65 3-game membership for a junior. Seemed like good value and will go to someone who can't afford it.

If you can afford it, it is a great way to assist both the club and someone who would love to go to a game or two but can't afford it otherwise.

Bulldog4life
15-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Not too sure if it has been mentioned but the club has recently started a 'pay-it forward' campaign whereby you can purchase a membership for someone else (either someone you know or anonomously). Just purchased a $65 3-game membership for a junior. Seemed like good value and will go to someone who can't afford it.

If you can afford it, it is a great way to assist both the club and someone who would love to go to a game or two but can't afford it otherwise.

Great idea for members of the family who aren't members. I know what my sister is going to get for her birthday every year.

HOSE B ROMERO
17-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Unsure whether this query has already come up.
Is there are a breakdown of our membership?
In days gone by there was I think there was adult and child home game tickets and that may have been it. There definitely was no 3 game membership or pet membership etc. Just saying, it's a bit like comparing apples with .. durian or custard apples...

Eastdog
17-05-2015, 08:56 PM
Despite the loss today hopefully the performance may sway more to sign on.

comrade
17-05-2015, 09:08 PM
18,000 on a perfect day, early start against the best team in the comp.

Not good enough, IMO.

If this group of players doesn't get you pumped to go to the footy, none will.

G-Mo77
17-05-2015, 09:09 PM

Not good enough, IMO.

Got to give credit to the noise we made in there today though. 18K sounded like 30K.

soupman
17-05-2015, 09:45 PM

Not good enough, IMO.

Oh but you know it wasn't a family friendly slot/neither side is playing attractive football/food is too expensive etc.

Eastdog
17-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Oh but you know it wasn't a family friendly slot/neither side is playing attractive football/food is too expensive etc.

What did you make the food catering today soupaman? Yeah a beer cost 7 bucks quite a bit.

comrade
17-05-2015, 09:49 PM
what did you make the food catering today soupaman? Yeah a beer cost 7 bucks quite a bit.

$3 pies!!

Eastdog
17-05-2015, 09:50 PM
$3 pies!!

Im pretty sure they were going to reduce the food prices at Etihad. Probably hasn't kicked in yet.

comrade
17-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Im pretty sure they were going to reduce the food prices at Etihad. Probably hasn't kicked in yet.

No, $3 pies are cheap. I had 2 today :D

Eastdog
17-05-2015, 09:53 PM
No, $3 pies are cheap. I had 2 today :D

I got a chips and 2 beers today. Did you have a beer comrade :) Will have get a hotdog or pie next time.

azabob
17-05-2015, 09:55 PM
You would have to pay me to drink the plastic beer out of plastic cups.

Eastdog
17-05-2015, 10:12 PM
You would have to pay me to drink the plastic beer out of plastic cups.

Loved the old beer cans at the WO. Unfortunately they won't bring those back.

azabob
17-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Loved the old beer cans at the WO. Unfortunately they won't bring those back.

Ah but Eastie they still sell cans at Whitten Oval

Eastdog
17-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Ah but Eastie they still sell cans at Whitten Oval

Meaning more bringing it to Etihad and the MCG. A lot of the old school stuff will stay at the suburban grounds.

ledge
18-05-2015, 05:10 AM
I thought the crowd was just under 20,000 when it came up on the screen.

GVGjr
18-05-2015, 06:40 AM
I thought the crowd was just under 20,000 when it came up on the screen.

18,970 from memory

Go_Dogs
18-05-2015, 08:57 AM
18,970 from memory

Correct.

Disappointing crowd, especially given the standard of the game.

GVGjr
18-05-2015, 09:35 AM
Correct.

Disappointing crowd, especially given the standard of the game.

In the back of my mind, I just wonder if some supporters are waiting for some more wins before attending the games. Perhaps when we are in contention for the finals more people will want to come.

To me we offer a unique package at the moment. Exciting performances (most games are close encounters), emerging young talent and a confronting game style. Despite the losses, I'm genuinely impressed with the way we are performing and enjoying watching us play. I'll cop the losses and still look forward to the next week.

I get the various challenges families face to get to the football but I just feel many others are just waiting for better reasons before attending which is a shame. It's going to be a lot harder to attract people to games in Ballarat if we can't attract them to Etihad.

I keep going back to the VFL Grand Final, the Sunday time slot was not an issue then and even allowing for the fact that most junior football had been completed people were busting a gut to get to the game. The passion is there with our members perhaps just not consistently enough.

We can't really control the time slots we are given but on field performances might get us a few more Friday and Saturday night games.

soupman
18-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Pathetic crowd really.

We continually make excuses for our "fans", and blame shitty timeslots and low drawing opponents for the low numbers, but the fact is our fans are crap.

There was every reason to come yesterday:
-Beautiful day to leave the house
-Family friendly timeslot
-Playing a quality opponent who should be good to watch
-As proven by our performances against Adeelaide and Sydney, we were every chance to provide an upset
-We are playing exciting, attacking, high scoring football with manic pressure.
-Our side was full of young, highly marketable players who could be anything
-Food is cheaper at the footy now, and there is the added benefit that you could have a kick on the ground after the match.

This isn't a criticism of the club, they have done everything right from a marketing and enhancing the gameday package point of view these last few years. They've offered better membership options, made Etihad feel much more like a home ground and vastly improved all our media.

It's a criticism of our fans who like the Freo cheer squad yesterday are only up and about when they're sure they can take the glory. Too many are too happy to complain about what the club isn't doing and downplay what it's done right. They're the types to moan about how hard and painful it was watching us throw away the St.Kilda match when all they watched was the second half on TV because they heard we were thrashing them. Just listen to them proudly tell you how they turned the TV off in disgust when St.Kilda hit the front.

People bag out Richmond fans for getting ahead of themselves but at least they embrace good form with excitement, not skepticism.

This is obviously not meant to apply to the many fans that did attend yesterday, and who actually produced a pretty good atmosphere.

LostDoggy
18-05-2015, 12:34 PM
None of my family (4 social club members) able to get to the game
* Myself and my boy at his footy
* My wife and daughter at her Netball
Family friendly means a lost of different things to people these day. Passion in our household isn't lost, capacity to attend when competing priorities another thing.
Go dogs

soupman
18-05-2015, 12:51 PM
Yeah I know there were "good" Bulldogs supporters that missed it for genuine reasons. I've missed some through work, others will obviously have genuine excuses too.

But the point remains that despite us continually making excuses for them, too many of our fans are crap.

bornadog
18-05-2015, 12:58 PM
Yeah I know there were "good" Bulldogs supporters that missed it for genuine reasons. I've missed some through work, others will obviously have genuine excuses too.

But the point remains that despite us continually making excuses for them, too many of our fans are crap.

In my estimation we only have about 20,000 core supporters. When we play a local team and it's our home game, then the local team may have about 10,000 attend so we get a crowd around 30,000. When we play interstate teams, they may provide 1 to 2 thousand.

To get any more than that, the local team would have to be a Collingwood, or Essendon, or we are in finals contention.

Yesterday we had a little less than our normal core. I could tell from the people sitting around me who reserve seats - a lot didn't attend, so our numbers were down.

GVGjr
18-05-2015, 03:37 PM
I think there is one thing that gets lost on a number of our supporters. We crack the shits when players like Ward, Griffen, Harbrow, Higgins, Lake and Cooney look to extend their careers elsewhere and see it as a sign of betrayal but we now have the next crop of exciting players signing on long term with us and yet there is perhaps 10% of the supporters still sitting on the fence waiting to pick their mark.

I've said it a few times but it's vastly better to be sitting with our members than on the fence.

We all get the logistics nightmare that some families face to get to games but this is more about motivating the others that could get to the games but for some reason aren't coming.

Dancin' Douggy
18-05-2015, 04:12 PM
The problem is though, these days, who wants to go into a concrete bunker on a perfect day.
Having the roof shut is a real turn off for me. I did go to the game though, but hated missing out on the beautiful sunshine outside.

GVGjr
18-05-2015, 04:17 PM
The problem is though, these days, who wants to go into a concrete bunker on a perfect day.
Having the roof shut is a real turn off for me. I did go to the game though, but hated missing out on the beautiful sunshine outside.

On the flip side how many would go if it was an open roof and cold? We can't expect it to fit exactly what everyone wants.

ledge
18-05-2015, 05:04 PM
I went with a pies supporter , he hates those circling LEDs around the stands and at ground level , you can't pick
Out the players on the far side with all the changing colours.
I get putting the lights in the next level Up but not the bottom fence.
Maybe that's another put off.

bornadog
18-05-2015, 06:04 PM

comrade
18-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Came across a bloke recently who sums up the fair weather brigade.

Asked him where he was from and he mentioned he grew up in Footscray so I put it out there: 'you're not a Doggies man, are you?'. He's 50 odd and he kind of sighed and said, 'yeah, unfortunately'. I then go on about how exciting it is to support them and how we're not far off, and he looks at me and says 'yeah, well think what you like but they're mad paying that tall bloke over a million a year, I don't like that at all'.

I try and defend the decision and he concedes 'well, I say I'm a Dogs supporter but to be honest, I don't really watch them much anymore'.

Righto mate, like your opinion on Tom Boyd matters then. :rolleyes:

Prince Imperial
18-05-2015, 08:13 PM
I went with a pies supporter , he hates those circling LEDs around the stands and at ground level , you can't pick
Out the players on the far side with all the changing colours.
I get putting the lights in the next level Up but not the bottom fence.
Maybe that's another put off.

Years ago I had laser eye surgery that makes my eyes a bit sensitive to light. I sit on level 1 and have definitely noticed that watching the play on the other side of the ground is now noticeably more difficult.

LostDoggy
18-05-2015, 09:09 PM
Maybe the answer to our woes in the short term is to market to the rest of the league's supporters: Leave your dreadful Carlton game and come watch some awesome footy, up close and personal.

I have had so many compliments and remarks from supporters of almost every team out there (the Essendon fans I know are still a bit shitty about Crammers, not to mention all the stick I give them about drugs) and I think that perhaps we could get some more neutrals through the door to help us bolster numbers whilst our less-perceptive members wake up to the tidal wave that is the current Doggies squad.

Webby
18-05-2015, 09:30 PM
Few things:

1. Talk prior to the game was that Freo would spank us.
2. The A League GF meant that a lot of fans would either attend that game or just watch at home or at a pub. It was a Grand Final, after all, and as a western suburbs club, a lot of our fans do also like the round ball game.
3. I know it all sounds like excuses, but I really don't see the point in getting upset about it. I ended up having some beers with some Freo supporters post game and they said "Geez, you make some noise, you lot!" It was a compliment.

At the end of the day, that's all we can do. Turn up and make a disproportionate amount of noise.

Eastdog
18-05-2015, 10:44 PM
On the Belgrave/Lilydale line there were a few Dogs fans on the train but not as many as I've previously witnessed. Yeah I guess the fact that we lost last week like we did contributed to say an extra 5K not turning up and also the A League GF.

My ultimate goal for our membership is while we need to dig deep to the heartland we also want a good even spread of new passionate Dogs supporters across the city, interstate and overseas! I reckon our never say die attitude and always being proud beating those big clubs if you know what I kind of mean are qualities that a younger impressionable person whether there in the west or not would like and then the hope is they support our great club.

Dancin' Douggy
19-05-2015, 11:57 AM
On the flip side how many would go if it was an open roof and cold? We can't expect it to fit exactly what everyone wants.

Of course. Thats why the roof is retractable.........................

LostDoggy
19-05-2015, 01:40 PM
None of my family (4 social club members) able to get to the game
* Myself and my boy at his footy
* My wife and daughter at her Netball
Family friendly means a lost of different things to people these day. Passion in our household isn't lost, capacity to attend when competing priorities another thing.
Go dogs

In exactly the same boat. Missed due to kids football. I actually find the graveyard 4:40 timeslot the easiest to attend.

Webby
21-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Cracked 32k this morning. 32,097 to be precise.

We might be half a chance to get to 35k with a bit of a lunge at the line!

KT31
21-05-2015, 01:45 PM
The predictions late last year would have been a lot more modest than over 30K, on the back of a great turnaround from the club and some excellent footy our membership department seem to be doing a great job
Always seem to get a little jump in membership at the end of the sign on period (although I suspect it may be more a case of benefactors and club presidents getting us to a target) so hopefully we can keep the increased interest and enthusiasm up.
I

BulldogBelle
21-05-2015, 05:58 PM
l am sure l owe some one a beer if we get there:)

comrade
25-05-2015, 11:38 PM
I was at Whitten Oval on Sunday to watch the VFL and took along my step father. He has been overseas for a month or so and hadn't renewed his membership yet (despite much needling from me) but decided to do it there and then. We spoke with a lady at the main reception desk and asked her how he could renew on the spot. She got a bit flustered and explained that she had no access to the computers at the desk and that he'd be better off calling the membership department during the week. Anyone who knows anything about sales knows you sign the paperwork and take the dough straight up, as anything can happen if you leave it. People cool off, get hit by buses or watch their beloved team get creamed by the lowly Demons.

Thankfully, my stepfather was in no danger of not signing up regardless of yesterday's result, BUT if he was someone who was compelled by the hype and excitement, signing him up on the spot would have negated any risk of cooling on the idea after the Demon's game.

In my opinion, there should always be someone ready and able to take a membership application and payment. It's a real breakdown in process, somewhere along the line and it needs to be tightened up.

The Bulldogs Bite
26-05-2015, 12:45 AM
I was at Whitten Oval on Sunday to watch the VFL and took along my step father. He has been overseas for a month or so and hadn't renewed his membership yet (despite much needling from me) but decided to do it there and then. We spoke with a lady at the main reception desk and asked her how he could renew on the spot. She got a bit flustered and explained that she had no access to the computers at the desk and that he'd be better off calling the membership department during the week. Anyone who knows anything about sales knows you sign the paperwork and take the dough straight up, as anything can happen if you leave it. People cool off, get hit by buses or watch their beloved team get creamed by the lowly Demons.

Thankfully, my stepfather was in no danger of not signing up regardless of yesterday's result, BUT if he was someone who was compelled by the hype and excitement, signing him up on the spot would have negated any risk of cooling on the idea after the Demon's game.

In my opinion, there should always be someone ready and able to take a membership application and payment. It's a real breakdown in process, somewhere along the line and it needs to be tightened up.

Very poor. You should contact the club to let them know comrade.

BulldogBelle
26-05-2015, 08:35 AM
Yes you should contact the club. When someone wants to buy you need to take the money then and there.

Greystache
26-05-2015, 10:08 AM
It's surprising we can't sell a membership out of the Bulldog shop. I would've thought pre-prepared packs would be ready to go and customers would have the option of cash or EFTPOS.

comrade
26-05-2015, 11:00 AM
It's surprising we can't sell a membership out of the Bulldog shop. I would've thought pre-prepared packs would be ready to go and customers would have the option of cash or EFTPOS.

I think you can get a 'pass it on' type pack and buy a membership for a new member at the Bulldogs Shop, but a renewal seems to be a different story according to the lady we spoke to on the day.

bornadog
26-05-2015, 01:51 PM

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
26-05-2015, 01:54 PM

Slowed to treacle pace now... 35 new members in 5 days.

comrade
26-05-2015, 02:05 PM

Losing to the Saints and the Demons is like membership kryptonite.

Win those and we'd get very close to 35,000.

Greystache
26-05-2015, 02:09 PM

I'm pleasantly surprised that it didn't go backwards after losing to 2 bottom four teams in just over a fortnight. I think 32,000 will pull it up now.

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Losing to the Saints and the Demons is like membership kryptonite.

Win those and we'd get very close to 35,000.

Could still do it. We have gone above expectation this year and we have played some exciting footy despite a bad few weeks. We are still a developing team that's on the up and hopefully members will still sign up.

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 02:59 PM
When you enter WO from the main entrance from Whitten Avenue you hit the Barkers Cafe. Is the reception on the right I believe where the museum is. The Bulldog shop is on the left. Straight ahead gets you out to the ground.

bornadog
26-05-2015, 03:06 PM
When you enter WO from the main entrance from Whitten Avenue you hit the Barkers Cafe. Is the reception on the right I believe where the museum is. The Bulldog shop is on the left. Straight ahead gets you out to the ground.

why have you posted that Easty?

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 03:14 PM
why have you posted that Easty?

Your right BAD I'll check it out next time I'm out WO.

bornadog
26-05-2015, 03:18 PM
Your right BAD I'll check it out next time I'm out WO.

sorry mate are you asking a question? If so, yes

Eastdog
26-05-2015, 03:25 PM
sorry mate are you asking a question? If so, yes

Yep I was BAD should have put a question mark :) cheers

Basically Bulldog Shop near EJ Whitten Stand, Bulldog museum reception nearer John gent Stand. Nah I've got a pretty fair idea of the ground now just didn't see reception when I went for the Nab match there.

The Adelaide Connection
03-06-2015, 10:44 PM
32,234 showing on the website. That's a mighty slow climb from 32,132 a week ago.

Twodogs
04-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Is there a cut off date for membership?

bornadog
04-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Is there a cut off date for membership?

i thought it was 30 June.

G-Mo77
04-06-2015, 04:11 PM
32,234 showing on the website. That's a mighty slow climb from 32,132 a week ago.

Yeah slowing down now. Away this week and bye the following won't speed it up. We'll probably end up around 33,000 - 33,500 members.

Throughandthrough
04-06-2015, 04:34 PM

Peter Gordon will buy 2,868 memberships at 4 PM on 30 June.

Eze Dog
04-06-2015, 04:53 PM
Up to 33,038 now!

1eyedog
04-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Bang! Expect a massive jump in 3 game memberships going into the bye if we knock Port off, especially going into home games against Carlton and the Pies.

G-Mo77
04-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Up to 33,038 now!

OK maybe 34,000 - 34,500 then. :)

Webby
04-06-2015, 11:06 PM
800 member jump in a week. Not a bad effort. Looks like it hadn't stalled, after all - the club had just been a bit lax with updating the tally!

35k is in our sights. Next year, 40k.

Eastdog
04-06-2015, 11:14 PM
This is great news and will be great to be apart of a possible record breaking membership year. I like the sound Webby of 40K next year. Wish the crowd was bigger last Saturday but when we come good they will come.

jeemak
06-06-2015, 03:03 AM
Good effort. A win this week will make a deal of difference.

chef
06-06-2015, 10:08 AM
Now we just need to get them to start going to games and we'll be set.

1eyedog
06-06-2015, 10:52 AM
This is great news and will be great to be apart of a possible record breaking membership year. I like the sound Webby of 40K next year. Wish the crowd was bigger last Saturday but when we come good they will come.

We're not good already?

Eastdog
06-06-2015, 03:47 PM
We're not good already?

We are quite good now but still not really really good :)

HOSE B ROMERO
06-06-2015, 08:06 PM

How many levels of 'good' are there?

Eastdog
06-06-2015, 08:08 PM
How many levels of 'good' are there?

Got me mate :) Thats hard to answer.

1eyedog
08-06-2015, 07:56 PM

You mean definite top 2 good then.

Eastdog
10-06-2015, 07:57 PM
You mean definite top 2 good then.

Yeah more like that 1eyedog.

bornadog
17-06-2015, 05:47 PM
33,250​

LostDoggy
17-06-2015, 06:25 PM
33,250​

Win our next 4 with a couple of smashings amongst them and 35k will be broken :cool:

bornadog
17-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Win our next 4 with a couple of smashings amongst them and 35k will be broken :cool:

I think the cut off is 30 June.

Eastdog
17-06-2015, 06:51 PM

Will be a great moment redders70 if our club can hit 35,000 members and break the club membership record. I should be there Saturday night to cheer us on against the Lions. Im hoping for a good turnout from our game day members for this game since its a home game.

Eastdog
17-06-2015, 06:51 PM
I think the cut off is 30 June.

Id say its usually around then but I think the best bet probably would be to ring the club just to make sure.

The Adelaide Connection
18-06-2015, 12:47 AM
33,250​

Hopefully they are slow updating the total again, otherwise we have only put on 200 in the last week. Or perhaps the bye week has ground sales to a halt and we might see a mad rush in the next few days. Remaining optimistic.

LostDoggy
18-06-2015, 01:14 AM
Only Saturday night game this week, had the week off, very winnable game. We have no excuse not to get a big turn out. Weather and being on FTA might be the only downer.

Twodogs
18-06-2015, 01:40 AM
It's at Etihad, the train drops you a covered walk way from the football. Rug up and the weather doesn't need to enter the equation.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
18-06-2015, 04:55 PM
I sit in aisle 26 and a freezing cold wind comes in from the gates. Sometimes I think I'm back at Waverley

Eastdog
18-06-2015, 04:58 PM
I sit in aisle 26 and a freezing cold wind comes in from the gates. Sometimes I think I'm back at Waverley

I'll be wearing my thicker coat with my Doggies scarf and my Doggies jumper underneath. Don't be deceived and think it will be warmer inside with the roof closed as there are wind drafts from the back.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
18-06-2015, 05:15 PM
Pity the wind doesn't translate to a goal advantage

Greystache
18-06-2015, 05:16 PM

They really need to build a wall just in front of the Latrobe St end gates. The wind roars up the ramp and through the entrance into the stadium and is freezing. It effects play as well.

bornadog
22-06-2015, 06:37 PM
We are 1106 Members away from Breaking our ALL TIME Membership Record and 1,263 Members away from getting to 35,000 for the First Time in Club History but there is 8 Days Left for you to buy one.

GVGjr
22-06-2015, 06:47 PM
It's great that we are pressing hard to get the membership numbers up to 35,000 but we also need more people coming to the games.
Outside of making the finals or a few Friday night games what do we need to do to break through the 38,000 mark in the next two seasons?

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
22-06-2015, 07:00 PM
It's great that we are pressing hard to get the membership numbers up to 35,000 but we also need more people coming to the games.
Outside of making the finals or a few Friday night games what do we need to do to break through the 38,000 mark in the next two seasons?
It's a great question Gary. I'm not sure what else we can do, but given the effort we've put into getting those who identify with the Western region to support us, with limited success we might need to look to ways in which we can leverage the marketability of our young stars to attract new young supporters who can form our next generation of members.
It always worries me that at footy clinics we seem to have a poor representation of kids wearing our guernsey.

Our young stars are amongst the most exciting in the competition, especially in Melbourne and I cant help but think they are the key to getting the next generation of kids to choose us. Especially whilst Carlton and Essendon are struggling on and off field.
It

Remi Moses
22-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Saturday nights crowd was poor and about 4 or 5 thousand short.
No excuses

Cyberdoggie
22-06-2015, 07:25 PM
No excuses

Is this all because being a member these days isn't so much a full season or even home games membership. It is 3 games and other options, so you get people picking and choosing the games they go to, and Brisbane on a cold Saturday night when it's on free to air may not be too appealing to some of those members.

Still I'm glad we don't play at the G. That place is twice as cold.

azabob
22-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Is the greater access to live football and greater access to replays across a range of different devices contributing to supporters not attending?

Scraggers
22-06-2015, 07:47 PM
No excuses

I've got 3,421 excuses ... I've been a full member for over 20 years.
Makes it hard to attend every week when you live 3,421 kms from Etihad Stadium :cool:

bornadog
23-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Is the greater access to live football and greater access to replays across a range of different devices contributing to supporters not attending?

I believe so.

whythelongface
23-06-2015, 12:24 AM
It's a great question Gary. I'm not sure what else we can do, but given the effort we've put into getting those who identify with the Western region to support us, with limited success we might need to look to ways in which we can leverage the marketability of our young stars to attract new young supporters who can form our next generation of members.
It always worries me that at footy clinics we seem to have a poor representation of kids wearing our guernsey.

Our young stars are amongst the most exciting in the competition, especially in Melbourne and I cant help but think they are the key to getting the next generation of kids to choose us. Especially whilst Carlton and Essendon are struggling on and off field.
It

This is the key. We need to tap into the next generation of AFL supporters and get the young lads in front of them to market our brand. As we continue our rise up the ladder and our team gets more air time we will become a more marketable product. We are starting to lift our profile with the likes of T Boyd; Stringer; Bonts and Dahl leading the way. These players are going to become household names over the next few years and kids will be wearing their guernseys.

boydogs
23-06-2015, 12:48 AM

These things would help

1. Level 3 ticket pricing to sit wherever you like
2. Free parking
3. More accessible venue - closer to the west, less traffic, more parking
4. Delayed or no telecasts
5. Consistent timeslot - more people will go if they know when we're playing each week and can allow for it
6. Winning more games
7. Family friendly timeslot
8. Crowd drawing opposition

GVGjr
23-06-2015, 07:20 AM

Did I read that attendances are up from last year? If so it sort of counters that argument.

1eyedog
23-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Did I read that attendances are up from last year? If so it sort of counters that argument.

I heard that they were on SEN.

azabob
23-06-2015, 09:37 AM

Is that in general or our games specifically? Without specific figures I would think our crowds are very similar to the last few seasons.

bornadog
23-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Is that in general or our games specifically? Without specific figures I would think our crowds are very similar to the last few seasons.

so far we are averaging 1000 more per home game, however, the comparison is 11 games versus 22. Also the last year figures includes home games in other states.

Bulldog4life
23-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Talking about crowds it would be interesting to know what percentage of members go to games for all Clubs. As we have the lowest membership it is no wonder our attendances are low.

Cyberdoggie
23-06-2015, 01:59 PM
Talking about crowds it would be interesting to know what percentage of members go to games for all Clubs. As we have the lowest membership it is no wonder our attendances are low.

I'd like to know how many home game members or home and away members we have in total and compare that to previous years.
Wouldn't surprise me if that has gone down and smaller membership packages have gone way up.

bornadog
23-06-2015, 02:05 PM

Eastdog
24-06-2015, 08:10 PM

We are getting close to the club record.

Eastdog
24-06-2015, 08:10 PM

Basically how many game day vs non game day members we have.

bornadog
02-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Not much inroad into the total:

bornadog
09-07-2015, 03:32 PM

Eastdog
09-07-2015, 06:32 PM

34,842 is the record getting closer but the cut off date might come into affect.

ledge
10-07-2015, 06:37 PM
If we don't break it this year we will smash it next year with this squad.

The Adelaide Connection
16-07-2015, 04:02 PM
34,842 is the record getting closer but the cut off date might come into affect.

Website is now showing 34,792. Is the cutoff the end of July?

In any case the website is notoriously slow to update, so I would assert that we have already beaten our record. I don't think too many would have predicted this at the start of the year.

Ozza
16-07-2015, 04:12 PM
The club have reported today that they are 51 memberships off breaking the record.

angelopetraglia
16-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Awesome news. Lots of things going in the right direction at the moment.

bornadog
16-07-2015, 06:09 PM
The club have reported today that they are 51 memberships off breaking the record.

Come on let's all buy an extra membership and get the record. We can give it to those that can't afford it.

bornadog
16-07-2015, 06:15 PM

Currently reported at 34,792

comrade
16-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Should crack 35,000 for the first time ever.

40,000 next year?

bulldogtragic
16-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Should crack 35,000 for the first time ever.

40,000 next year?

That must be the aim. I'm sure an ambitious new CEO, Gordo and the marketing team will reach for it.

Eastdog
17-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Breaking that record is a huge step for us and finally catch up surging ahead in the membership race.

The Underdog
17-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Who the *!*!*!*! is buying a membership in mid July?

bornadog
17-07-2015, 01:57 PM
Who the *!*!*!*! is buying a membership in mid July?

Three gamer, I guess

Eastdog
17-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Three gamer, I guess

I would say so. Whether they buy one now or before the season it still all helps.

Twodogs
17-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Three gamer, I guess

It's still 85 bucks I think. Might be 55.

1eyedog
17-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Currently reported at 34,792

Been a good year. We have roughly the same amount of signed members as Melbourne and a good deal more than the Saints.
Just thinking how great 89 was when you consider those poor bastards who supported South Melbourne and Fitzroy...

Eastdog
17-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Would love to get to 40,000 and would be a dream to crack 50,000 Bulldog members.

Daughter of the West
20-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Well, according to the email in my inbox, we cracked 35,000!

Broken an all time membership record apparently.

Eastdog
20-07-2015, 06:09 PM
We did it!

Over 35,000 Bulldog members now

bornadog
20-07-2015, 06:17 PM
Now for 40,000

1eyedog
20-07-2015, 06:17 PM
No reason 40,000 is out of the question if we finish the year strongly. Even better if we make the finals. Even better if we win one!

Amazing result considering where we were in October last year. Most had written us off, many supporters as well. Such a great club.

bornadog
20-07-2015, 06:28 PM
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/WesternBulldogs/Articles/General%202015/Club%20Announcements/35KMembers-Hero-WEB.jpg

westdog54
20-07-2015, 07:21 PM
The big clubs may scoff at us for celebrating but I'm proud to be a member of this club today.

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
20-07-2015, 07:29 PM
That's fantastic well done us

ratsmac
20-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Whoo hoo! Fantastic news. We are a great club who is going to be one of the 'big four' one day. (We have to think big otherwise we will always be small)

Twodogs
20-07-2015, 08:58 PM
The big clubs may scoff at us for celebrating but I'm proud to be a member of this club today.

With all due respect to them the big clubs can blow it our of their collective clacker.

We are the Bulldogs.

whythelongface
21-07-2015, 07:57 PM
No reason 40,000 is out of the question if we finish the year strongly. Even better if we make the finals. Even better if we win one!

Amazing result considering where we were in October last year. Most had written us off, many supporters as well. Such a great club.

Absolutely amazing. It is hard to believe the position we are in both on and off the field following all that turmoil. We must have some damn fine leadership at the club. Onwards and upwards for our club.

Twodogs
21-07-2015, 11:06 PM
So did member no 35 000 win a free meal at Barker's or something?

AndrewP6
21-07-2015, 11:45 PM
Well in answer to the OP, I guess we can! Well done to all members, and the club.

Mofra
22-07-2015, 05:30 PM
With all due respect to them the big clubs can blow it our of their collective clacker.

We are the Bulldogs.
This.

Screw the commoner peasant clubs, our boutique club that has never had to relocate to some outer suburban shithole like Tullamarine, Waverley or Casey is a happy place right now.

PS: Bontempelli. Not in context in any way but god I'd glad he's ours.

LostDoggy
23-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Well done club and members, big achievement, lets keep growing and building and put fear into all who play us.

Greystache
23-07-2015, 04:39 PM
A great effort by all involved. Hopefully the excitement continues to build and we can start to push for 40,000 next year.

Or we could do what Collingwood do and allocate 10,000 ad hoc 3 games memberships to our corporate sponsors and push for 50,000 :rolleyes:

Mantis
24-07-2015, 08:58 AM
After a quite horrible pre-season it's been a great effort to break our membership record.

Onwards and upwards.

Webby
10-08-2015, 10:34 PM
I see we're sneaking up on 36k and are now only 30 odd behind Melbourne. Hopefully this year really kicks us along into a new era of growth.

bornadog
13-08-2015, 05:16 PM

G-Mo77
13-08-2015, 06:01 PM
When is the cutoff? Could we get 36500?

Axe Man
13-08-2015, 06:09 PM
It's the last home game on Sunday - who is still buying memberships? Are people jumping on for finals ticket access?