PDA

View Full Version : Where the Hell is Graham Lowe - yes the General Manager of Football???

bornadog
13-10-2014, 05:24 PM
For those who don't know him:

The highly-credentialed sports administrator Graham Lowe comes to the Western Bulldogs from Scottish Rugby where he was Director of Performance for three years.

He has 14 years’ experience in high performance sporting organizations, having spent time with New Zealand Rugby Union, Scottish Rugby, America’s Cup yacht racing and New Zealand’s All Blacks where he contributed to an 88% winning record over a four year period.

Lowe commenced at Whitten Oval in late 2012 in the role of High Performance Manager before being promoted to the role of General Manager, Football in June, 2013.

This is the guy that Macca reported to, yet we have never heard him or anything from him since he was appointed to the role?

Should he be taking a bigger role in media communications considering we don't have a coach? He is in charge of the whole footy department, including Jmac, Dalrmple, etc etc.

Or is it best he stay in the background?

GVGjr
13-10-2014, 05:31 PM
They have been discussing this earlier on trade radio

bulldogsman
13-10-2014, 06:29 PM
If he's not around, I'm guessing he's been sacked or he resigned? Didn't seem to be around as part of the Macca sacking/resigning, he wasn't even mentioned.

Scorlibo
13-10-2014, 06:34 PM
As Plough brought up on trade radio, his role is the missing cog in this whole affair. The one who the coach reports to, and the one who should be approached by the players when there are grumblings.

azabob
13-10-2014, 06:43 PM
I raised his name in the thread BT started about throwing all management positions open and having staff re-apply.

He took over from Fantasia - so I think we are still ahead ;)

SonofScray
13-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Was thinking this last week and then today when PG fronted the media again. I thought you'd see some other faces from the leadership make their presence felt, especially on the trade front, I'd like to hear from the Football Dept. Chris Grant perhaps, maybe Lowe?

I suppose they are all hands on deck in their busiest time of the year strategically so it falls to the President to trot out the statements etc. Do the dance as it were.

AndrewP6
13-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Still listed on the website, but not sighted in this whole saga.