and one Tom Boyd.

boydogs
07-04-2015, 01:25 PM
and one Tom Boyd.

Of course, less than 10 games

Testekill
07-04-2015, 02:00 PM
Round 1 - KAMDYN McIntosh - Richmond

That's probably who I would have picked. He tore it up on Thursday.

Go_Dogs
12-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Is Honeychurch a chance this week?

Happy Days
12-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Is Honeychurch a chance this week?

Hogan might be just ahead (going off stats alone), or Oxley from Collingwood

azabob
12-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Hogan might be just ahead (going off stats alone), or Oxley from Collingwood

Early on in the season don't they prefer players from winning teams?

Happy Days
12-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Early on in the season don't they prefer players from winning teams?

Hogan is an rubber stamped AFL Superstar™, the Rising Star is a promo tool, and the AFL will do anything to prop up the pathetic entity that is the Melbourne Demons.

Testekill
12-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Honeychurch should still be an outside chance, was like a jack russel out there.

G-Mo77
13-04-2015, 08:01 AM
I'd put my money on Oxley. Plays for Collingwood played one great game. It's his this week.

Sedat
13-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Isaac Heeney should get it this week - has had 2 good games in a row

SlimPickens
13-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Honeychurch gets the nod for week 2. Well deserved

chef
13-04-2015, 08:02 PM
Great news and well deserved.

GVGjr
13-04-2015, 08:14 PM
This type of recognition is particularly good for a young team. Well done to Honeychurch

Go_Dogs
13-04-2015, 08:22 PM
Great news, very happy for him.

Happy Days
13-04-2015, 08:41 PM
Damn, I wanted to be snarky about this. Well done to Mitch.

jazzadogs
13-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Well done Mitch. I was getting a fair few strange looks from my girlfriend yelling out "Well done Honey" and "Great work Dahl" the last few weeks.

Webby
13-04-2015, 08:52 PM
How many Norwich RS nominees have we had on this list, now?

I make it Stringer, Macrae, Bonti, Talia, Wallis ,Dahl, Libba, Honey, Hrovat, Roughie??

Have I missed anyone, or perhaps awarded some extras??

bulldogtragic
13-04-2015, 09:03 PM

I make it Stringer, Macrae, Bonti, Talia, Wallis ,Dahl, Libba, Honey, Hrovat, Roughie??

T. Boyd soon?

Yeah Mitchy.

AndrewP6
13-04-2015, 09:03 PM

I make it Stringer, Macrae, Bonti, Talia, Dahl, Libba, Honey, Hrovat, Roughie??

Hrovat, Honeychurch, Bontempelli, Stringer, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Wallis and Talia, according to:

www.news.com.au/sport/afl/mitch-honeychurch-becomes-sixth-western-bulldogs-rising-star-nomination-since-2013/story-fndv8weh-1227302425127

jazzadogs
13-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Yeh HS reporting 7 since 2013, 2nd most in the comp behind GWS. Amazing talent. Libba also somehow escaped a nomination.

Tom Boyd also still eligible.

Webby
13-04-2015, 09:07 PM
I forgot Grant.. And I don't know if Roughie was ever nominated. I think Jones got one instead.

Our Rising Star nomination count is about nine since 2011... Yet it was just two in the previous five years!

Webby
13-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Oh, and I really think Daniel will be a monty later this year or early next, as will Boyd at some point... Not to mention Jong.. Good signs!.. Good, good signs!

jazzadogs
13-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Oh, and I really think Daniel will be a monty later this year or early next, as will Boyd at some point... Not to mention Jong.. Good signs!.. Good, good signs!

Jong just too old I believe? Webb would be a good chance if he brings his VFL form to the main stage.

Webby
13-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Jong just too old I believe? Webb would be a good chance if he brings his VFL form to the main stage.

I hear you on Jong. I personally think that he's the steal of the year. He'll play 200+ games for us. His improvement trajectory is huge. Back to the Rising Star Award. I'm a massive rap for Webb (no relation) but one who I will add who has impressed me more and more over the past month is Bailey Dale. He has hardly passed puberty by the look of him, but he's clearly a natural footballer. If he puts on some size and works at it, he will be excellent.

He's very similar to Nathan Brown when he first arrived. (And surely more loyal!)

Remi Moses
13-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Well done to the Badger . One still has to wonder how Tom Liberatore never got one!
Good effort behind the plastic love child to have that many nominations.

Bulldog4life
13-04-2015, 09:47 PM
Well done to the Sweet man. Love the way he goes about it on the field.

jeemak
13-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Great work HC.

I think his overall talent is underrated due to his size and the way he has started his career in a positional sense. As he gets stronger with a few more preseasons under his belt his raw talent will shine through and there won't be any questioning it.

boydogs
13-04-2015, 10:24 PM
The size and speed of a crumber, with the quick hands and tackling of an inside mid

Keep up the good work Mitch

Greystache
13-04-2015, 11:19 PM
Well done to the young man. He's a terrier and gives his all every contest.

ratsmac
13-04-2015, 11:39 PM
Well done Mitch. It is well deserved.

I am a bit surprised by this actually. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but that they (whoever the judges are) noticed. We knew how good he has been but I didn't know they knew. But in saying that, we the Bulldogs seem to be the flavour of the month. Everyone is banging on how much talent we have on the list and how well we are going, even the haters. It's a bit surreal to be honest, I'm used to the Bulldogs not being talked about at all unless it is negative. The club should be proud of how they have carried themselves on and off the field in the wake of shocktober. They have turned people's perceptions around with a couple of good wins. Keep it up fellas.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-04-2015, 11:56 PM
Well done to the young man. He's a terrier and gives his all every contest.

This is what I love about him. It's Clay Smith-esque - he is never half hearted, it's great to watch. A couple of his tackles on Saturday were bone crunching.

Well done to him, well deserved.

SlimPickens
14-04-2015, 06:55 AM
I love Mitch he will do everything possible to become an AFL player.

A mate of mine tells a story about when Mitch was doing rehab during his stint at the Eastern Rangers. Training was in full flight and Mitch was off to the side doing his rehab. At one stage the coach stopped training and made everyone (40 or so players) watch how Mitch was doing his rehab (unbeknown to Mitch). The coached explained that this is the reason Mitch will be an AFL player, he does everything to a manic level, including rehab.

Mitch had quite a big op at the end of last year, and just look how he has come back. These are the type of people you want on your list, no stone will be left unturned by Mitch. I hope he has a long and fruitful career.

Sedat
14-04-2015, 07:56 AM

You missed Libba but then so did the morons who vote on the award

bornadog
14-04-2015, 08:45 AM

Grant :)

G-Mo77
14-04-2015, 09:09 AM
It made my night when I read this at work last night. If he'd played the same game last year he wouldn't have even been considered. We're not the ugly stepson hidden away anymore.

Well done Honey Badger! He's been great for us since joining last year.

KT31
14-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Great stuff, congrats and well deserved.

Maddog37
14-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Great work HC.

I think his overall talent is underrated due to his size and the way he has started his career in a positional sense. As he gets stronger with a few more preseasons under his belt his raw talent will shine through and there won't be any questioning it.

Agree strongly with this. A lot of the drafting info I have read suggests he is a skilled outside accumulator!

The Pie Man
14-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Not sure I would've had him in the Round 1 2015 squad when last season wound up, but after the last 2 weeks he looks a lock if fit - terrific endeavour well rewarded. Great work Mitch

It's been a welcome fun 2 weeks being a Dogs fan

bornadog
20-04-2015, 09:32 PM
Round 1 - Kamdyn McIntosh - Richmond
Round 2 - Mitch Honeychurch - WB
Round 3 - Isaac Heeney - Sydney

update

Go_Dogs
21-04-2015, 07:59 AM
Three pretty handy players so far.

The Bulldogs Bite
21-04-2015, 01:22 PM
Heeney will be hard to beat at this rate.

Maddog37
21-04-2015, 02:16 PM

He is from an interstate club which is good for the AFL agenda too. The kid is amazingly composed and looks a ripper.

Greystache
21-04-2015, 02:28 PM

Unless there's a viable non-Victorian alternative he'll win by default barring injury. The anti-Victorian cretin committee like Jakovich, Tredrea, or an equally brain dead numpty will ensure that's the way it goes. The stupid thing is some of the Victorian judges will also vote non-Victorian just to avoid the usual complaints of Victorian bias. The award is about as legitimate as everything else in the AFL these days.

LostDoggy
21-04-2015, 04:21 PM
Unless there's a viable non-Victorian alternative he'll win by default barring injury. The anti-Victorian cretin committee like Jakovich, Tredrea, or an equally brain dead numpty will ensure that's the way it goes. The stupid thing is some of the Victorian judges will also vote non-Victorian just to avoid the usual complaints of Victorian bias. The award is about as legitimate as everything else in the AFL these days.

If it's purely for the fix-'er-upper then perhaps not. The Swans and AFL have copped a fair bit over the Heeney/northern academy issue and a Rising Star gong is only going to add to the noise from Eddie and co.

From what little I saw on the weekend he's probably going to absolutely deserve it.

Happy Days
21-04-2015, 04:34 PM
Yeah, Lewis Taylor he is not. No problem with Heeney winning the RS, BIG problem with how Sydney ended up with him.

bornadog
21-04-2015, 04:56 PM
Yeah, Lewis Taylor he is not. No problem with Heeney winning the RS, BIG problem with how Sydney ended up with him.
This ^^^ another case of AFL playing favourites.

Go_Dogs
21-04-2015, 06:05 PM

It's more the price they paid, for mine. But agree with where you were going with it.

comrade
22-04-2015, 08:20 AM
Does leave a sour taste in your mouth when we've been battling to pick up the scraps through the expansion drafts, have 2 of our best young players taken for peanuts and then you have a powerhouse like Sydney pick up Heeney for very little compared to his potential.

The AFL is a rort.

Bulldog Joe
22-04-2015, 09:18 AM
Does leave a sour taste in your mouth when we've been battling to pick up the scraps through the expansion drafts, have 2 of our best young players taken for peanuts and then you have a powerhouse like Sydney pick up Heeney for very little compared to his potential.

The AFL is a rort.

I am on the other side in this debate.

What we need to understand is that the Sydney Academy system brings talent to the competition that would otherwise have ended up in another sport.

We can talk that it is unfair, or that it would be better run by the AFL, but the fact is it works because Sydney make it work and the other Northern franchises also need to be successful for the advancement of the code.

There are other issues that need to be addressed, like fairness in the salary cap and overall equalisation in a financial and fixturing sense.

However, the more high end talent brought in is actually better for everyone.

soupman
23-04-2015, 09:13 AM
I'm fine with the concept of the academy, as said above it brings talent into the competition that otherwise wouldn't exist, and with 18 teams and potentially more (although unlikely) more talent can only be a good thing.

I don't like that 4 clubs have access to an additional father/son type model though that the rest of the comp is frozen out of.

I can understand GWS and GC doing it, as they don't have access to father sons, but Sydney and Brisbane are established clubs that shouldn't need a leg up.

For it to be fair every club should be given the option to fund an academy, the issue is the areas you would have to put them in would be too far away to make sense. Anything in Victoria, SA and most of WA would just be taking existing talent from the draft pool. Tassie could be an option as although its a football state it doesn't typically produce alot of talent. But otherwise you are sending clubs to far North Queensland, or other far away communities or even countries (NZ) to try and give every club the opportunity to have their own model.

It's a hard thing to solve as it is something which clearly will benefit the comp, but in a biased fashion.

Greystache
23-04-2015, 09:49 AM
I am on the other side in this debate.

What we need to understand is that the Sydney Academy system brings talent to the competition that would otherwise have ended up in another sport.

We can talk that it is unfair, or that it would be better run by the AFL, but the fact is it works because Sydney make it work and the other Northern franchises also need to be successful for the advancement of the code.

There are other issues that need to be addressed, like fairness in the salary cap and overall equalisation in a financial and fixturing sense.

However, the more high end talent brought in is actually better for everyone.

Sydney were given $12 million last year by the AFL, a large part of it to fund their academy. So in fact it is an AFL initative, just one that only Sydney can benefit from.

We get crucified by the fixture, both from exposure and by the number of interstate teams we have home games against, plus our stadium deal, and we got $2.5 million as "equalisation" funding last year. Sydney get maximum exposure at all times, and then get funded to the tune of $12 million to pay for additional expenses like COLA and academies on top of their usual operating costs purely to make them stronger than their competitors.

Bulldog Joe
23-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Sydney were given $12 million last year by the AFL, a large part of it to fund their academy. So in fact it is an AFL initative, just one that only Sydney can benefit from.

We get crucified by the fixture, both from exposure and by the number of interstate teams we have home games against, plus our stadium deal, and we got $2.5 million as "equalisation" funding last year. Sydney get maximum exposure at all times, and then get funded to the tune of $12 million to pay for additional expenses like COLA and academies on top of their usual operating costs purely to make them stronger than their competitors.

I'm not disagreeing with you.

The equalisation debate should be about fixturing and exposure as well as financial outcomes.

The acadamies are much lower on the list, although the funding of them is part of the equalisation debate.

boydogs
23-04-2015, 01:23 PM
But otherwise you are sending clubs to far North Queensland, or other far away communities or even countries (NZ) to try and give every club the opportunity to have their own model.

Gold Coast's academy covers Cairns & Townsville

azabob
24-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Jesse Hogan will push Henney all the way, if not take the award out.

Happy Days
26-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Jesse Hogan will push Henney all the way, if not take the award out.

What about Cripps? His game yesterday was Bont-level stuff. Carlton might have *finally* got one right!

KT31
26-04-2015, 01:57 PM
What about Cripps? His game yesterday was Bont-level stuff. Carlton might have *finally* got one right!

Whoa, lets not get to carried away.:)

bornadog
27-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Round 4 - Patrick Cripps - Carlton

Update round 4

bornadog
05-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Round 5 - Adam Saad - Gold Coast

Update Round 5

LostDoggy
05-05-2015, 12:38 PM
Saad very deserved.

bornadog
12-05-2015, 10:41 AM
Round 6 - Cory Gregson - Geelong

Update

bulldogtragic
12-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Update

I'm sure Cory's Dad Greg would be a very happy teacher today.

bornadog
12-05-2015, 10:53 AM
I'm sure Cory's Dad Greg would be a very happy teacher today.

Careful he is a mate of TT :D

bulldogtragic
12-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Careful he is a mate of TT :D

TT is a mate of Greg Gregson. Is TT's real name Rodney? :)

bornadog
19-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Round 7 - Billy Hartung - Hawthorn

Maddog37
19-05-2015, 12:24 PM
Yawn.

Greystache
19-05-2015, 01:44 PM
T Boyd must be pretty close

jeemak
19-05-2015, 01:53 PM
T Boyd must be pretty close

I think he's foregone any chance having defected from the AFL's loin child after just one measly season.

Happy Days
19-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Hartung was pretty good!

Boyd will get one of those "reward for continuous effort" nominations. It's still in the AFL's interest for him to be good, after all.

bornadog
26-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Round 8 - Cam McCarthy - GWS

update

azabob
26-05-2015, 12:31 PM
update

Fingers crossed the RS nomination curse continues.

Each time a kid has been nominated this season their club and lost the next week...

Remi Moses
26-05-2015, 01:47 PM
Liam Duggan would be next in line you'd think

ratsmac
26-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Liam Duggan would be next in line you'd think

Jesse Hogan would also be close

bornadog
02-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Jesse Hogan would also be close

Round 9 - Jesse Hogan - Melbourne

azabob
02-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Fingers crossed the RS nomination curse continues.

Each time a kid has been nominated this season their club and lost the next week...

FYI - the rising star curse continued on the weekend. Can Macarthy nominated, GWS lost.

EasternWest
02-06-2015, 06:00 PM
FYI - the rising star curse continued on the weekend. Can Macarthy nominated, GWS lost.

It extended a bit beyond that to the player this time because McCarthy was thoroughly pantsed.

bornadog
09-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Round 10 - Angus Brayshaw - Melbourne

bornadog
15-06-2015, 11:06 PM
Round 11 - Tim Broomhead - Collingwood

Pickenitup
22-06-2015, 05:50 PM
Tom Boyd a chance this week

comrade
22-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Tom Boyd a chance this week

Would love to stick it up the haters and see Tommy get the nod.

Pickenitup
22-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Big Tom is this weeks rising star

bulldogtragic
22-06-2015, 08:03 PM
How many have we got now? Answered my own question. Please delete mods.

Remi Moses
22-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Well deserved . Done a lot of work unrecognised by the media dross

bulldogtragic
22-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Stop. Leigh Mathews has got AFL lawyers to appeal the decision. More to come.

bulldogtragic
22-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Boyd, Talia, Honey, Bonti, Stringer, Hrovat, Macrae, Dahl, Wallis (How Libba didn't get one I don't know).

comrade
22-06-2015, 08:29 PM
We can claim Carlisle, too :D

Remi Moses
22-06-2015, 08:29 PM
I'm sure Hogan's rising star was better

Sedat
22-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Love Boyd's work but I reckon Dom Sheed was stiff this week - has been in very good form for a number of weeks now. Should get a nomination soon.

boydogs
22-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Love Boyd's work but I reckon Dom Sheed was stiff this week - has been in very good form for a number of weeks now. Should get a nomination soon.

108 champion data points to 66 this week

bornadog
22-06-2015, 10:58 PM
Boyd, Talia, Honey, Bonti, Stringer, Hrovat, Macrae, Dahl, Wallis (How Libba didn't get one I don't know).

Grant ;)

bulldogtragic
23-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Grant ;)

Hall of Fame and AFL Legend!

bornadog
23-06-2015, 08:52 AM
Hall of Fame and AFL Legend!

Jarrad - Round 17 2010

bulldogtragic
23-06-2015, 09:00 AM
Our last 10 years of official rising stars:

B: ***** Williams Grphyon
HB: Hrovat Talia Higgins
C: Dahl Wallis Macrae
HF: Grant Jones Honey
F: Hill Boyd Stringer
R: Minson Bonti Ward

Gryphon and Ward paid us back a Rising Star very quickly, would be nice to see the same from Jones & Higgins.

Bulldog4life
23-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Our last 10 years of official rising stars:

B: ***** Williams Grphyon
HB: Hrovat Talia Higgins
C: Dahl Wallis Macrae
HF: Grant Jones Honey
F: Hill Boyd Stringer
R: Minson Bonti Ward

Gryphon and Ward paid us back a Rising Star very quickly, would be nice to see the same from Jones & Higgins.

You finally had a chance BT of replcing Murph on the bank flank with Grant and you blew it. You have Hrovat there! What's going on?:)

bulldogtragic
23-06-2015, 11:19 AM
You finally had a chance BT of replcing Murph on the bank flank with Grant and you blew it. You have Hrovat there! What's going on?:)

Sharing the love my friend. :) However, cinfidentially between us two, I'm working on my new Bulldogs team of the millennium (AKA, Jarrad Grant's Army) which might piss a few people off as it involves renaming our home ground to 'Jarrad Grant's Ground', a bronze statue of his hair next to Teddy out the front, plus having the other wing to Doug's named Granty's Wing, as well as having him player captain/coach and off HBF. :D

Happy Days
23-06-2015, 11:22 AM
Sharing the love my friend. :) However, cinfidentially between us two, I'm working on my new Bulldogs team of the millennium (AKA, Jarrad Grant's Army) which might piss a few people off as it involves renaming our home ground to 'Jarrad Grant's Ground', a bronze statue of his hair next to Teddy out the front, plus having the other wing to Doug's named Granty's Wing, as well as having him player captain/coach and off HBF. :D

I like him better as centreman - Jarrad Grant showing that it's hip to be square.

Seriously, those metres gained stats though. How good is it to have run and carry not off a back flank for once? Don't think we've had something like this since the bald-heady days of Nathan Eagleton.

bulldogtragic
23-06-2015, 11:30 AM
I like him better as centreman - Jarrad Grant showing that it's hip to be square.

Seriously, those metres gained stats though. How good is it to have run and carry not off a back flank for once? Don't think we've had something like this since the bald-heady days of Nathan Eagleton.

Absolutely. I think when the years of frustration thaw a bit for supporters and they can really see what he's doing he will get a lot of love. Like you I watch him really close and even more so on the replays, and his touches are dynamite, there was a real lot of hurt factor Saturday and I thought we clearly missed going to him 10 or so times. If he continues this form he might even be able to ask for a slight pay rise with another contract, which would be great as I think he's very much a confidence player and signing him up and doing some media about how much the club and fans love his new role and how well he is doing it could give him another push on his talent ceiling.

bornadog
29-06-2015, 10:36 PM
Round 13 - Charlie Cameron - Adelaide

bornadog
06-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Round 14 - Jack Lonie - St Kilda

bulldogtragic
06-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Boooo. Caleb should've got it.

Good for Jack.

bornadog
06-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Boooo. Caleb should've got it.

Good for Jack.

Toby would have been worthy as well

Bulldog4life
06-07-2015, 08:37 PM

Next year:)

Happy Days
06-07-2015, 09:43 PM

Lonie definitely deserved it, was fantastic. He's been talked up as a great small forward (kicked a brilliant goal on the weekend), but his foot skills are sublime.

If he doesn't get too thrown by the stuff in the showers after training he'll play a lot of games for the Saints.

bornadog
13-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Round 15 - Dom Sheed - West Coast

First nomination for West Coast since 2011. Dom has been very good all season

Ozza
14-07-2015, 08:41 AM

First nomination for West Coast since 2011. Dom has been very good all season

Yes, he was probably overdue for a nomination.

Remi Moses
14-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Shred looks a gun . Stood out like the proverbials in the under 18 champs

Scorlibo
19-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Touk Miller simply must get the nomination this week. He's been brilliant all year.

Go_Dogs
19-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Touk Miller simply must get the nomination this week. He's been brilliant all year.

He's transitioned to AFL football really well.

Some fairly handy players nominated this year and the 2014 draft looking like a very even, deep field albeit perhaps lacking the depth of elite level players.

bornadog
20-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Round 16 - Touk Miller - Gold Coast

Scorlibo
21-07-2015, 07:08 PM
He's transitioned to AFL football really well.

Some fairly handy players nominated this year and the 2014 draft looking like a very even, deep field albeit perhaps lacking the depth of elite level players.

This is the most competitive year for the rising star award that I can remember. Hogan, McCarthy, Cripps, Miller, Brayshaw and Saad would all be deserving winners, while Heeney was very good early in the season before his injury.

LostDoggy
27-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Surely Big Ronnie could be in line for Rising Star this week?

ledge
27-07-2015, 07:45 PM
Darcy Moore I would think

LostDoggy
27-07-2015, 09:27 PM

Ah yeah probably :o
Still light headed from beating the FILTH and forgot to take my Bulldogs blinkers off :cool:

Happy Days
27-07-2015, 09:29 PM
Is Biggs eligible? He's almost 24.

LostDoggy
27-07-2015, 09:36 PM
Is Biggs eligible? He's almost 24.

Is the criteria age or games played?

azabob
27-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Is the criteria age or games played?

Both. 21 years, 10 games.

jazzadogs
27-07-2015, 10:20 PM

I'm glad he didn't get it. Two goals from the goal square, one 'contested' mark against Biggs, and basically no influence around the ground. I'm sure he will be very good, but I think the love in he's had in the media is an overreaction.

Fairly similar to TBoyd's nomination, I was surprised when he got that, except that was without the media love-in.

bornadog
27-07-2015, 11:00 PM
Round 17 - Jake Lever - Adelaide

Remi Moses
28-07-2015, 02:20 AM
Lever is going to play 200games if he stays injury free.
Massive wraps even though he was out all of last season

Go_Dogs
28-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Lever is going to play 200games if he stays injury free.
Massive wraps even though he was out all of last season

Yep, the Crows wouldn't have been able to get his name out quick enough on draft night. They were huge on him, and he is exactly what they needed. Looks set to have a very good career.

Axe Man
28-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Yep, the Crows wouldn't have been able to get his name out quick enough on draft night. They were huge on him, and he is exactly what they needed. Looks set to have a very good career.

I was keen on him at our pick 6 until we traded it. He was a bargain at pick 14.

bornadog
03-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Round 18- Harris Andrew - Brisbane

Good to see a big bloke nominated (200cm)

Go_Dogs
04-08-2015, 07:43 AM

Good to see a big bloke nominated (200cm)

Having a good run at the moment, looks a player that can help Brisbane turn their on-field around.

LostDoggy
04-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Agree. Extremely athletic for such a young 200cm player.

Think this year's RS crop is pretty strong, standout still Jesse Hogan though. Not many 1st year CHF consistently impact games like he does.

bulldogtragic
08-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Redpath eligible? Only 10 games.

LostDoggy
08-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Age?

bulldogtragic
08-08-2015, 04:51 PM

divvydan
08-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Too old.

LostDoggy
08-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Poo :(

bornadog
10-08-2015, 10:37 PM
Updated

Round 12 - Tom Boyd - WB
round 19 - Jackson Thurlow -Geelong

KT31
14-08-2015, 10:32 AM
Caleb Daniel would be a good chance to get a nod before the seasons out.

LostDoggy
14-08-2015, 11:01 AM
round 19 - Jackson Thurlow -Geelong

Well deserved.

bornadog
17-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Round 20 - Jordan De Goey - Collingwood

bornadog
24-08-2015, 10:34 PM
Round 21 - Darcy Lang - Geelong

Third rising star for Geelong.

LostDoggy
24-08-2015, 10:45 PM
Said it before, but what a quality year of RS this has been, with the likes of De Goey and Lang winning noms this late in the year.

Whoever comes 2nd this year, Hogan or Cripps, will be better than most winners.

bornadog
31-08-2015, 09:55 PM
UPDATED

Round 12 - Tom Boyd - WB
Round 19 - Jackson Thurlow -Geelong
Round 22 - Ben Lennon - Richmond

divvydan
31-08-2015, 10:19 PM
Pretty clear top two in Cripps and Hogan with Cripps probably ahead now after the past few weeks where Hogan has dropped away a little. Saad, Sheed, Miller probably the top 5 for mine, although Lang has been consistently decent. Saad would've been right up there before his injury

Bulldog Joe
01-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Interesting to see who they go for.

Unfortunately it is still a popularity contest voted by our "insightful" media persons.

There has been no agenda by clubs such as Brisbane's election campaign for Lewis Taylor last year.

If it is decided on who is the potential star it is a clear choice between Cripps and Hogan with Darcy Moore and Isaac Heeney in the minor places.

However if it is for the player who has performed best over the year (allegedly the reason it went to Taylor in 2015) then choice is actually between the 2 Gold Coast players in Miller and Saad as well as Cripps, who have all been good across the season.

Of course those voting really don't know what they are voting for. I expect it will go to Cripps from Hogan

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Adam Saad a better performer this year than Hogan? Can't agree.

He's been serviceable in his 16 games as a 17 disposal a game running half back, but he is by no means a game changer.

Jesse Hogan is the number 3 contested mark player in the entire competition despite playing forward for a rubbish team. He has kicked 41 goals despite getting 1 or 2 of the oppositions best defenders every week.

As a 19 gamer, his contested mark stats are superior to every player since the stat was first recorded, including the likes of Wayne Carey and Jonathon Brown.

He is certainly among the top 3 in the Rising Star based on performances over the year or any other measure, I'd rank him #1.

Bulldog Joe
01-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Adam Saad a better performer this year than Hogan? Can't agree.

He's been serviceable in his 16 games as a 17 disposal a game running half back, but he is by no means a game changer.

Jesse Hogan is the number 3 contested mark player in the entire competition despite playing forward for a rubbish team. He has kicked 41 goals despite getting 1 or 2 of the oppositions best defenders every week.

As a 19 gamer, his contested mark stats are superior to every player since the stat was first recorded, including the likes of Wayne Carey and Jonathon Brown.

He is certainly among the top 3 in the Rising Star based on performances over the year or any other measure, I'd rank him #1.

Not disagreeing with you, but Hogan has had some games where he has had no influence.

All I was doing was highlighting the different conversation this year in the media where there was a concerted campaign by Brisbane for Taylor.

Gold Coast would have as much justification in pumping up Miller in comparison to Taylor. Incidentally Miller is the highest ranked in the AFL Player Rankings of all those eligible.

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Fair enough.

To be honest, I'm happier to see young players fly under the radar with stuff like this.

I'm not sure why a club wants to overhype a young guy making his way in the game.

Maybe a club like Briz needs all the good press it can get, but inflating a solid but hardly exceptional talent like Taylor doesn't do anyone any good in the long run. Plus it means the club probably need to add a fair extra chunk to his next contract.

bornadog
07-09-2015, 11:34 AM
Final List for 2015 - We have two players in the list.

Round 12 - Tom Boyd - WB
Round 19 - Jackson Thurlow -Geelong
Round 22 - Ben Lennon - Richmond
Round 23 - Orazio Fantasia - Essendon

Ozza
08-09-2015, 12:45 PM
44 goals from Hogan, in 20 games, with only one match where he didn't score a goal - is pretty compelling for me. Gets the oppositions best defender each week, takes contested marks and plays in a poor team that don't exactly hand it to him on a platter.

Cripps would be a very worthy winner also. But at 20 years old, when his numbers are comparable to Jack Riewoldt, and exceed Pavlich and Tippett's, playing centre half forward - as much as I hate to admit it, Melbourne have a genuine star on their hands.

bornadog
09-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Hogan wins from Cripps and Sheed

Scraggers
09-09-2015, 03:11 PM

Honeychurch and Boyd didn't pole a vote.

bornadog
09-09-2015, 03:12 PM

The whole voting method is crap. There should be a round by round voting system.

LostDoggy
09-09-2015, 03:19 PM

Given that it's based purely on this year's performances, I would have to say that's fair enough.

Strong year.

Murphy'sLore
09-09-2015, 03:20 PM
It's a fairly decent prize, isn't it? The most arbitrary competition ever.

Axe Man
09-09-2015, 03:20 PM

Good decision for a change. Cripps is a gun but Hogan is an absolute freak for his age.

Happy Days
09-09-2015, 03:37 PM
As an aside, loved how they decided to use O'Meara rather than last years "winner" in all of the promotional material.

LostDoggy
09-09-2015, 03:46 PM
As an aside, loved how they decided to use O'Meara rather than last years "winner" in all of the promotional material.

On last year's winner, he's currently ranked #243 in the comp, whereas second placed Bont is now ranked #13.

So that decision is really holding up well....

Dancin' Douggy
09-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Last years outrageous snub of Bontempelli has made me lose all interest and respect for this award. I don't give a %$#^ who won.
It's a joke.

bornadog
09-09-2015, 10:56 PM
Last years outrageous snub of Bontempelli has made me lose all interest and respect for this award. I don't give a %$#^ who won.
It's a joke.

I am more interested in the weekly winners because at least those are based on some sort of performance and not some trendy discussion in the media on who they like for the overall winner.

Remi Moses
10-09-2015, 02:20 AM
Don't they usually go by SuperCoach points?
Farce of an award
Hogan is a freak though

Sedat
10-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Anyone hear Jesse Hogan's response when asked about potentially moving back to his home state of WA down the track? I wouldn't be the slightest bit confident of retaining Hogan beyond his current contract if I was a Dees supporter.

bulldogtragic
10-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Anyone hear Jesse Hogan's response when asked about potentially moving back to his home state of WA down the track? I wouldn't be the slightest bit confident of retaining Hogan beyond his current contract if I was a Dees supporter.

I took it the same way, it's not the warm and fuzzy guarantee you'd want to hear. He's there until 2017, but with Freo probably having wage savings from Pavlich and McPharlin etc retiring and the increase in the salary cap, they would offer a Tom Boyd offer. Talked well on 360.

Sedat
14-09-2015, 12:42 PM
We should have quite a few nominations in the Rising Star in 2016 - all of Webb, Dale and Daniel finished up on 10 games in 2015, McLean played 4 and Zaine played 2. I'm not a betting man but I wonder what odds Caleb Daniel would be to win the award next season? He adjusted to the tempo of AFL level quite effortlessly even with his injury interrupted start, so imagine how good he will be with a full pre-season under his belt?

LostDoggy
14-09-2015, 01:19 PM
We should have quite a few nominations in the Rising Star in 2016 - all of Webb, Dale and Daniel finished up on 10 games in 2015, McLean played 4 and Zaine played 2. I'm not a betting man but I wonder what odds Caleb Daniel would be to win the award next season? He adjusted to the tempo of AFL level quite effortlessly even with his injury interrupted start, so imagine how good he will be with a full pre-season under his belt?

Agreed. If everyone is fit and healthy though, it's gonna be tough for the midfielders to find a spot. All of Libba, Wallis, Hunter, Dahl, Bont, Picken, Stevens, Macrae, Grant, Maclean, Daniel, Jong, Webb, Honeychurch, Dale, Hrovat need to fit in. That's 16 worthy midfielders into 10 spots. Some good players will be missing out.