PDA

View Full Version : Macrae and String sign on

LostDoggy
08-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Jack Mac and Stringer have both signed long term deals according to superfooty twitter feed

bulldogtragic
08-04-2015, 09:18 PM
Better be true.

Lock in Boyd, Stringer & Jack for 6 more years. Dahl, Bonts & Roughy for 3.

If true, get a bloody membership.

always right
08-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Stringer doesn't surprise me but delighted to see Macrae doing likewise. What a vote of confidence in the club.

jazzadogs
08-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Jake Stringer and Jack Macrae are the latest Bulldogs to commit to the Club after agreeing to contract extensions this week.

Following the signatures of Jordan Roughead and Luke Dahlhaus earlier this month, Stringer and Macrae have committed to the Western Bulldogs until the end of the 2018 season.

Stringer and Macrae, both drafted to the Bulldogs in 2012 with pick five and six respectively, have shown promising signs to date — Macrae finishing runner up in the Club’s best and Fairest award, and Stringer booting 26 goals including bags of four or more on five occasions in 2014.

List Manager Jason McCartney said while Stringer and Macrae have displayed some impressive form in their young careers, he is most optimistic about the scope for further improvement of both players.

“Both Jack and Jake have displayed encouraging signs in the early parts of their careers, and although they have really just scratched the surface of their potential, both young men are integral parts of our future,” McCartney said.

Macrae, who averaged 27 possessions per game in just his second season last year, said he was looking forward to continuing with the Dogs’ for another three years.

“It was a pretty easy decision as soon as it was put forward I was pretty keen to sign it and put it away.

“We’ve got a pretty tight knit young group here and everyone’s got a great vibe.

Macrae said he was glad to be continuing his journey with Stringer and looked forward to building towards future success.

“We got drafted together and that was a great night for us so to keep it going and sign on together at the same time, and hopefully play a lot of footy together in the future and build something really terrific for the Club.”

Stringer was optimistic about the Club’s prospects and said he and his teammates are focussed on driving the Club forward.

“I want to stay here for the rest of my career so it was an easy decision to stay with the Club.

“We’ve got an exciting group, in the next two or three years, hopefully we’ve got 60 or 70 games under our belt and hopefully we can strive towards something great.”

Link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-04-08/young-guns-new-deals)

jazzadogs
08-04-2015, 09:22 PM
I was actually having a think about this the other night, and picked Macrae as the one out of Bonts, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Hrovat etc who I could see leaving.

Very glad to have them both locked away for a few more years!!

whythelongface
08-04-2015, 09:23 PM
What fantastic news. Great work by the club.

lemmon
08-04-2015, 09:36 PM
Well done by Jason McCartney again, for the most part he's been consistently ahead of the game in regards to locking guys away

Twodogs
08-04-2015, 10:06 PM
So that's Stringer, Macrae, Roughead, Boyd and Dahlhaus signed until the end of 2018 at least. Very good for the club to plan forward for the future (and the fooch) with some confidence. Including making bids for FAs and out of contract stars from other clubs.

Dry Rot
08-04-2015, 10:11 PM
I was actually having a think about this the other night, and picked Macrae as the one out of Bonts, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Hrovat etc who I could see leaving.

Why?

I'm Not Bitter Anymore!
08-04-2015, 10:15 PM
And Jake Carlisle hasn't re-signed yet.......

jazzadogs
08-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Why?

Absolutely no legitimate reason, other than a gut feel. I could recall all of the others (particularly Rough, Stringer and Dahlhaus) proclaiming their love for the place at various times. Don't remember anything so positive coming from Jack.
Very happy to be proven wrong!

comrade
08-04-2015, 10:42 PM
They're buying in.

1eyedog
08-04-2015, 10:50 PM
They're buying in.

Yeah they are aren't they. Time for us supporters to buy in too and get up membership numbers well up over 30,000. No better time to watch a young team full of young guns taking it up to the opposition with attractive yet hard-nosed football.

GVGjr
08-04-2015, 10:53 PM
Yeah they are aren't they. Time for us supporters to buy in too and get up membership numbers well up over 30,000

Fans that have been sitting on the fence must be running out of excuses. If the youngsters are committing too us long term then the fans need to dig deep this year as well.

always right
08-04-2015, 11:05 PM
Has been a re ally pleasing last 6 months from Jake. During the October upheaval it was Jake more than any other player who spoke out in support of our club......and he has continued to do so ever since. Now he's proven that wasn't all talk by committing to the club. A real leader in the making.

I wasn't as certain about Macrae as he seems a little stand-offish and I wasn't sure about his commitment to the club. So pleased to hear he has re-signed...he's a special talent.

LostDoggy
08-04-2015, 11:10 PM
Absolutely brilliant news.

1eyedog
08-04-2015, 11:12 PM
Jake Stringer and Jack Macrae are the latest Bulldogs to commit to the Club after agreeing to contract extensions this week.

Following the signatures of Jordan Roughead and Luke Dahlhaus earlier this month, Stringer and Macrae have committed to the Western Bulldogs until the end of the 2018 season.

Stringer and Macrae, both drafted to the Bulldogs in 2012 with pick five and six respectively, have shown promising signs to date — Macrae finishing runner up in the Club’s best and Fairest award, and Stringer booting 26 goals including bags of four or more on five occasions in 2014.

List Manager Jason McCartney said while Stringer and Macrae have displayed some impressive form in their young careers, he is most optimistic about the scope for further improvement of both players.

“Both Jack and Jake have displayed encouraging signs in the early parts of their careers, and although they have really just scratched the surface of their potential, both young men are integral parts of our future,” McCartney said.

Macrae, who averaged 27 possessions per game in just his second season last year, said he was looking forward to continuing with the Dogs’ for another three years.

“It was a pretty easy decision as soon as it was put forward I was pretty keen to sign it and put it away.

“We’ve got a pretty tight knit young group here and everyone’s got a great vibe.

Macrae said he was glad to be continuing his journey with Stringer and looked forward to building towards future success.

“We got drafted together and that was a great night for us so to keep it going and sign on together at the same time, and hopefully play a lot of footy together in the future and build something really terrific for the Club.”

Stringer was optimistic about the Club’s prospects and said he and his teammates are focussed on driving the Club forward.

“I want to stay here for the rest of my career so it was an easy decision to stay with the Club.

“We’ve got an exciting group, in the next two or three years, hopefully we’ve got 60 or 70 games under our belt and hopefully we can strive towards something great.”

Link (http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-04-08/young-guns-new-deals)

Wow I love Stringer.

bornadog
08-04-2015, 11:42 PM
Great news to read when logging in

ratsmac
08-04-2015, 11:52 PM
Great news! These 2 are very important signings too. Good to see that no one seems to have gotten they're nose out of joint by the Boyd signing (money wise that is).

It's a good time to be a bulldog supporter.

Remi Moses
09-04-2015, 03:22 AM
Wonderful news, and our supporters who haven't got a membership are missing out on seeing our young guns start long prosperous careers

westdog54
09-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Didn't these two re-sign together last time around?

LostDoggy
09-04-2015, 08:38 AM
Fans that have been sitting on the fence must be running out of excuses. If the youngsters are committing too us long term then the fans need to dig deep this year as well.

They find excuses because they want to.

Stuff 'em.

The rest of us smart enough to be onboard can just sit back and bask in what's fast becoming a better culture around the place.

LostDoggy
09-04-2015, 09:11 AM
Super news!

bulldogtragic
09-04-2015, 10:05 AM
Didn't these two re-sign together last time around?
Yep.

jeemak
09-04-2015, 10:26 AM
These two are out and out guns, and seemingly good characters.

Ecstatic to have them at the club for a further 3 seasons after 2015.

Greystache
09-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Great news. Stringer, MaCrae, Dahlhaus, and Roughead all in a very short space of time. Add in Bontempellii to 2018 and Boyd to 2021 and the high priority players are all locked away.

azabob
09-04-2015, 11:13 AM
On Macrea I don't think he's standoffish he is just a quiet type of guy.

Eastdog
09-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Great news. They are very important players for our future and it was crucial to hang on to them. Go Dogs!

Bulldog4life
09-04-2015, 01:11 PM
Great news! These 2 are very important signings too. Good to see that no one seems to have gotten they're nose out of joint by the Boyd signing (money wise that is).

It's a good time to be a bulldog supporter.

Ssshhhh. Not too loud.

The Pie Man
09-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Saw #Footscary on twitter before after reading Stringer's comments - I'm loving this

bornadog
09-04-2015, 05:19 PM
Jackson on AFL 360 tonight

Remi Moses
09-04-2015, 05:22 PM
Jake's on the footy show .
Folks 9.50 so you don't have to endure that tripe from 9.30

bulldogtragic
09-04-2015, 08:04 PM
Jackson is on AFL360 at 7.30 tonight.

divvydan
09-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Stringer and Bonts will be on The Footy Show to complete the club spruiking.

chef
09-04-2015, 08:11 PM
Stringer and Bonts will be on The Footy Show to complete the club spruiking.

Good stuff, but still won't be able to tempt me to watch that crap.

bulldogtragic
09-04-2015, 08:17 PM

Yep. If someone could report on it, it would be nice.

Go_Dogs
09-04-2015, 09:00 PM
The most interesting comments I took away from Jackson on 360 was he and Bontempelli finding out about Griffen and Macca whilst in New York and Morris being the one who called them, broke the news and discussed what they can do to help get the club through the situation.

Gee we're lucky to have the young men we do (and the older ones, like Morris).

comrade
09-04-2015, 09:21 PM
The most interesting comments I took away from Jackson on 360 was he and Bontempelli finding out about Griffen and Macca whilst in New York and Morris being the one who called them, broke the news and discussed what they can do to help get the club through the situation.

Gee we're lucky to have the young men we do (and the older ones, like Morris).

I hope we keep Dale around forever. I shed a tear when Chris Grant hung them up and I'll do the same when Morris does, too.

Bulldog4life
09-04-2015, 09:21 PM

Ditto unfortunately

LostDoggy
09-04-2015, 09:28 PM
I hope we keep Dale around forever. I shed a tear when Chris Grant hung them up and I'll do the same when Morris does, too.

I remember Morris absolutely refusing to condemn Aker when the rest of the group did and standing up for him a fair bit. Though I disagreed I thought it showed real strength of character and leadership.

I might put the Sammy Show on tonight and take a gander.

LostDoggy
09-04-2015, 10:05 PM
For those who cant stand the repetitive crap that the footy show has become, the club usually puts any media stuff on the website in a conveniently condensed highlights package

bornadog
09-04-2015, 10:06 PM
Ditto unfortunately
Double ditto

LostDoggy
09-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Taking one for the team. Will keep you guys posted.

LostDoggy
09-04-2015, 11:23 PM
OK, so I watched the Footy Show for the first time in quite a while, and I was quite amazed at how little has changed (and how even Hughesy isn't funny on this show). So suffice to say I watched the boys (and a bit of Neil Sachse), and now I'm going to bed.

It kicked off with general talk about a new positive vibe around the club, the same message we've been hearing a lot about moving forward, fresh coach, everybody's rejuvenated etc.

Garry asked the Bont about how he's dealing with the hype, and pointed out that he's taller than Sam Newman at 193cm, so Sam gave him a little bit of stick. Talk moved on to Jake's daughter, there was a nice photo of Jake and his little one. Jake says she's just slept for pretty much 8 months. They then asked Jake if he cried like Garry Lyon when he broke his leg. Jake says that was the first thing that went through his head: don't cry like Garry. Cue footage of Garry crying on stretcher. Yep. Nothing has changed.

Garry coached Stringer, I didn't know that — maybe one of you can elaborate there — and Jake was talking about copping one of the best sprays he'd ever received from Lyon when they played against WA, and subsequently losing by ten goals.

Sam reckons Bont should've won the sedan for Goal of the Year, and then offered a ticket to see Lyon open for Hughesy as a consolation prize. Another shameless plug.

Jake talked about how happy they all are to have Boyd on the team. Also Bob as captain: Bont thinks highly of Bob and his leadership and the way he relates to people. Garry mentioned the little doco the club just released tonight, so I'm guessing that was on the run sheet from the club.

Joel Selwood is on the panel and mentioned he'd discussed the game with his brother, who specifically mentioned not looking forward to lining up against the Bont again.

Neil Sachse was in the audience. He wanted to mention how he got a lot of support with finances from the public after his injury and he's eternally grateful. My missus then turned off the bloody TV whilst he was speaking. There was a plug for the Neil Sachse Foundation when I finally got the remote from her, then proceedings moved on.

jazzadogs
09-04-2015, 11:35 PM
OK, so I watched the Footy Show for the first time in quite a while, and I was quite amazed at how little has changed (and how even Hughesy isn't funny on this show). So suffice to say I watched the boys (and a bit of Neil Sachse), and now I'm going to bed.

It kicked off with general talk about a new positive vibe around the club, the same message we've been hearing a lot about moving forward, fresh coach, everybody's rejuvenated etc.

Garry asked the Bont about how he's dealing with the hype, and pointed out that he's taller than Sam Newman at 193cm, so Sam gave him a little bit of stick. Talk moved on to Jake's daughter, there was a nice photo of Jake and his little one. Jake says she's just slept for pretty much 8 months. They then asked Jake if he cried like Garry Lyon when he broke his leg. Jake says that was the first thing that went through his head: don't cry like Garry. Cue footage of Garry crying on stretcher. Yep. Nothing has changed.

Garry coached Stringer, I didn't know that — maybe one of you can elaborate there — and Jake was talking about copping one of the best sprays he'd ever received from Lyon when they played against WA, and subsequently losing by ten goals.

Sam reckons Bont should've won the sedan for Goal of the Year, and then offered a ticket to see Lyon open for Hughesy as a consolation prize. Another shameless plug.

Jake talked about how happy they all are to have Boyd on the team. Also Bob as captain: Bont thinks highly of Bob and his leadership and the way he relates to people. Garry mentioned the little doco the club just released tonight, so I'm guessing that was on the run sheet from the club.

Joel Selwood is on the panel and mentioned he'd discussed the game with his brother, who specifically mentioned not looking forward to lining up against the Bont again.

Neil Sachse was in the audience. He wanted to mention how he got a lot of support with finances from the public after his injury and he's eternally grateful. My missus then turned off the bloody TV whilst he was speaking. There was a plug for the Neil Sachse Foundation when I finally got the remote from her, then proceedings moved on.

All in all, it was 10 minutes of garbage but 10 minutes of Bulldogs-related garbage. Any publicity is good publicity!

boydogs
10-04-2015, 01:06 AM
Great news. Stringer, MaCrae, Dahlhaus, and Roughead all in a very short space of time. Add in Bontempellii to 2018 and Boyd to 2021 and the high priority players are all locked away.

Libba might be injured but he's not dead ;)