Sat, Apr 11 Collingwood vs Adelaide Etihad Stadium 4.35pm 4.35pm Foxtel

Sat, Apr 11 Port Adelaide vs Sydney Adelaide Oval 7.10pm 7.40pm Seven

Sat, Apr 11 Gold Coast vs St Kilda Metricon Stadium 7.20pm 7.20pm Foxtel

Sun, Apr 12 Geelong vs Fremantle Simonds Stadium 1.10pm 1.10pm Foxtel

Sun, Apr 12 Essendon vs Hawthorn MCG 3.20pm 3.20pm Seven

Sun, Apr 12 North Melbourne vs Brisbane Etihad Stadium 4.40pm 4.40pm Foxtel

Go_Dogs
10-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Bit of a nothing game tonight, although I've been crook all week so will watch a bit of it.

Have tipped WCE, but good opportunity for the Carlton tall forwards to make an impact.

SlimPickens
10-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Bit of a nothing game tonight, although I've been crook all week so will watch a bit of it.

Have tipped WCE, but good opportunity for the Carlton tall forwards to make an impact.

Watch McGovern have 15 marks tonight, he was Grant/Lake like last week.

Greystache
10-04-2015, 08:20 PM

We've got 7 Thurs/Fri night Carlton games to "look forward to" this season.

Great the AFL rewards their hard fought 14th position last year :rolleyes:

bulldogtragic
10-04-2015, 08:34 PM
Tutt getting a game tonight.

comrade
10-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Tutt getting a game tonight.

Tutt2Jones

bulldogtragic
10-04-2015, 09:03 PM
Tutt2Jones

I can Tutty running forward and Jones in a hard lead, but Jones runs under the line and the kicked gets sprayed anyhoo.

Weird how they couldn't get a game in a very average performing team last year, but are instantly in at Carlton by the second game. I'm not sure if we've underestimated them, or they've overestimated them. I guess we will find out over time.

Bulldog Joe
10-04-2015, 09:04 PM
Expecting West Coast to win.

Can't see Cameron Wood matching NicNat.

See Tutty gets a game.

Just musing that if Jason Tutt, or Liam Jones (or Everitt/Cameron Wood) is the answer you are asking the wrong question.

Tempted to put money on the Blues for the spoon.

SlimPickens
10-04-2015, 09:29 PM
Expecting West Coast to win.

Can't see Cameron Wood matching NicNat.

See Tutty gets a game.

Just musing that if Jason Tutt, or Liam Jones (or Everitt/Cameron Wood) is the answer you are asking the wrong question.

Tempted to put money on the Blues for the spoon.

If you work out what they're trying to achieve with their recruiting, can you please let me know?

Greystache
10-04-2015, 09:35 PM
If you work out what they're trying to achieve with their recruiting, can you please let me know?

I've got it on good authority they're strategically trying to weaken Footscray!

Sedat
10-04-2015, 09:59 PM
Tutt2Jones
Tutt2Bullants

bulldogtragic
10-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Tutt2Bullants

Neither guys seem to want to get near the ball. Sure there's momentum, but they could try a little harder...

GVGjr
10-04-2015, 10:19 PM
West Coast so accurate in front of goal last week kicked 3 goals 7 for the quarter.

Testekill
10-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Shocking standard of umpiring. Shouldn't be shocked since it's a Subi but still.

comrade
10-04-2015, 10:35 PM
WC should be up by 4+ goals with the armchair ride they're getting and Carlton's complete lack of intensity.

The Blues are in for a world of hurt over the next few years. Judd is still their most damaging player.

mjp
10-04-2015, 10:53 PM

Ask yourself why Carlton has done a big about face with their recruiting staff since the last draft/trade period.

As annoying as I find David King, his 'They need to have an intervention - someone needs to tell them where they are at' comments the other night on 360 were on the money...but are probably 2 years late. Further to that, all the commentary about Malthouse 'not knowing where they are at' just doesn't ring true to me. I think that he (and the rest of the coaches) know exactly what is going on...but where is their footy dept wide due diligence because they seemed to be recruiting for a completely different scenario than the one the coaches must have known about.

Regardless - Rogers is gone now and it will be interesting to see what happens next.

The Underdog
10-04-2015, 10:53 PM
The Blues are in for a world of hurt over the next few years. Judd is still their most damaging player.

Judd's main damage being West Coast getting Kennedy in the trade for him.

bulldogtragic
10-04-2015, 11:09 PM
Howard and Vezpremi must be wondering how they didn't get picked up by Carlton too. I hope for their sake Jaksch turns out to be a player or there will be historical ridicule of massive proportions about the last two seasons of list management.

Happy Days
10-04-2015, 11:15 PM
Tutt2Jones

Dying.

The biggest atrocity on the field tonight is Cameron Wood. Nic Nat is doing whatever he wants.

Testekill
10-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Dying.

The biggest atrocity on the field tonight is Cameron Wood. Nic Nat is doing whatever he wants.

I for one am shocked that he's been at three different clubs now. At least Huddo was happy to spend his last couple of seasons as a rookie that might occasionally play seniors, Wood doesn't even get to have that happen to him.

Greystache
10-04-2015, 11:28 PM
In case you weren't sure Carlton were shit... Josh Kennedy has 10.

That is the official measure for if a team is shit or not.

azabob
10-04-2015, 11:37 PM
How skilled is Mark LeCras? Shame he has had a few long term injuries.

jeemak
10-04-2015, 11:45 PM
LeCras is a gun.

Are WCE the league's biggest front runners?

It will be interesting to see how Mick talks around how badly his team is tracking and how badly its recruiting to get out of its predicament has been under his watch.

bulldogtragic
10-04-2015, 11:46 PM
West Coast so accurate in front of goal last week kicked 3 goals 7 for the quarter.

20.11 for the game. Or 17.4 for the other three quarters.

Remi Moses
11-04-2015, 12:44 AM
Mick hit with a wet lettuce in the presser .Weak as urine

boydogs
11-04-2015, 01:25 AM
Slap on the back for Michael Talia keeping Josh Kennedy to 2 goals when he kicked 10 this week

jazzadogs
11-04-2015, 01:44 AM
Slap on the back for Michael Talia keeping Josh Kennedy to 2 goals when he kicked 10 this week

More of a slap to our midfield for the pressure they placed on the entries in towards Kennedy.

Closest to the pin on Mick's sacking? I'm saying round 12.

Remi Moses
11-04-2015, 03:55 AM
Watched most of it and Carlton were abysmal.
They just don't concede where they're at as a club, and they needed to rebuild 2 years ago
I guess they don't do that because there Caaaarlton!

Webby
11-04-2015, 07:10 AM
More of a slap to our midfield for the pressure they placed on the entries in towards Kennedy.

Still, not a bad little confidence booster for Talia. Kennedy's a player who has destroyed us on multiple occasions in the past (against some very good defenders) and he's clearly in good nick as demonstrated by ten goals the following week.

Talia's been playing a very basic, disciplined game since February. It's a good basis. As his confidence grows, he'll expand his game a bit. It'll take a bit of time, but hopefully he gets a bit of a kick-along from Kennedy's night out.

whythelongface
11-04-2015, 08:35 AM
We've got 7 Thurs/Fri night Carlton games to "look forward to" this season.

Great the AFL rewards their hard fought 14th position last year :rolleyes:

That is a disgrace. Based on last night's performance they will be lucky to win more than a couple of games. They must have some pulling power within AFL circles to get 7 games based on last year's performances.

soupman
11-04-2015, 09:02 AM
BTW how bad a kick is former Bulldog trade target Levi Casboult.

It doesn't surprise me that despite this limitation he is still on an AFL list, his marking is elite and worth trying to make a player out of.

It astounds me that after multiple years in a full time professional system with professional skills coaches he still kicks worse than many amateur reserves players.

Thank god he isn't sitting on $400k a year on our list. One of a few trade targets we avoided by luck instead of sensibility (Bate being another).

Go_Dogs
11-04-2015, 09:07 AM
If anything, last night indicated how well we worked defensively, and how high the level of intensity was that we were able to maintain throughout last week.

The Eagles are a good running side with some quality players and tonight their team defence and forward pressure was outstanding. They were able to win the ball in tight and their skills looked sharp - all of which we denied them last week.

bulldogtragic
11-04-2015, 09:37 AM
BTW how bad a kick is former Bulldog trade target Levi Casboult.

It doesn't surprise me that despite this limitation he is still on an AFL list, his marking is elite and worth trying to make a player out of.

It astounds me that after multiple years in a full time professional system with professional skills coaches he still kicks worse than many amateur reserves players.

Thank god he isn't sitting on $400k a year on our list. One of a few trade targets we avoided by luck instead of sensibility (Bate being another).

Imagine the potency of a Bate, Casboult & Gumbleton forward line...

ratsmac
11-04-2015, 10:50 AM

Only if you promise that they aren't wearing Bulldog jumpers.

chef
11-04-2015, 10:55 AM

You could slip Dawes in there too.

azabob
11-04-2015, 10:56 AM
You could slip Dawes in there too.

Except Dawes can actually play.

ledge
11-04-2015, 11:34 AM
Speaking of a bad kick at goal .. I wouldn't back Crameri from 20 metres out directly in front .. I said it last week as he was having a shot.
Of all our players he is the one you don't want having a shot at no angle.

jeemak
11-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Speaking of a bad kick at goal .. I wouldn't back Crameri from 20 metres out directly in front .. I said it last week as he was having a shot.
Of all our players he is the one you don't want having a shot at no angle.

The simple shots from 20-30m out seem to really mess with his head.

I'd tear my hair out having to watch Casboult kick like that for the Bulldogs. Good sides at their peak need their big forwards to finish off their work. Casboult will always struggle in that area, which is a shame, because he can actually pluck them.

hujsh
11-04-2015, 02:45 PM
Except Dawes can actually play.

Then how about Tim Boyle

Remi Moses
11-04-2015, 03:14 PM
Interesting stat today
Took hawthorn 33 years to win their first two games!!:(

Remi Moses
11-04-2015, 05:30 PM
Frightening the Giants
11 unanswered goals

ledge
11-04-2015, 05:53 PM
It's only against Melbourne

GVGjr
11-04-2015, 09:16 PM
Surely the Saints can't knock off the Suns tonight?

azabob
11-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Surely the Saints can't knock off the Suns tonight?

I assume they are winning and playing well?

GVGjr
11-04-2015, 09:19 PM
I assume they are winning and playing well?

3 goals up.

GVGjr
11-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Saints now 51 points up. Eade will be filthy with the players unless they rally.

whythelongface
11-04-2015, 10:01 PM
51 points up in the 3rd qtr. Geez the GC are poor.

bornadog
11-04-2015, 10:02 PM
51 points up in the 3rd qtr. Geez the GC are poor.

They have been poor since July last year

Greystache
11-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Eade looks a terrible choice, GC a basket case. Good news for the rest of the competion.

GVGjr
11-04-2015, 10:06 PM
They have been poor since July last year

Very good list with the right sort of age and experience profile. On their home ground as well as playing a team many tipped not to win a game for the season.

If they don't make the finals this year they should be very disappointed.

bornadog
11-04-2015, 10:08 PM
Very good list with the right sort of age and experience profile. On their home ground as well as playing a team many tipped not to win a game for the season.

If they don't make the finals this year they should be very disappointed.

Maybe the list is not as good as we thought.

azabob
11-04-2015, 10:13 PM
I was discussing the suns with my dad at half time, he doesnt think they have a hard enough edge and enough older heads.

Interesting thoughts, especially considering tonights game so far.

GVGjr
11-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Maybe the list is not as good as we thought.

It's a very good list with a heap of first round draft selections plus QLD and NT zone access to players like Charlie Dixon and Steven May.
10 wins last year and finals expectations for this year. We shouldn't be cutting them any slack.

whythelongface
11-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Eade looks a terrible choice, GC a basket case. Good news for the rest of the competion.

Agree. Thought he was past his use by date. They need a coach with fresh ideas.

bornadog
11-04-2015, 10:22 PM
It's a very good list with a heap of first round draft selections plus QLD and NT zone access to players like Charlie Dixon and Steven May.
10 wins last year and finals expectations for this year. We shouldn't be cutting them any slack.

Not including tonight, they have won three games of the last 14

GVGjr
11-04-2015, 10:23 PM

A bit early to make that call. Unless GC make a strong comeback in the last quarter his presser might have minimal 'pleasings' ;)

Greystache
11-04-2015, 10:24 PM
Agree. Thought he was past his use by date. They need a coach with fresh ideas.

They have the ultimate list but are playing hopelessly outdated football. Let's hope Leon Cameron at GWS is the same. We need bad coaches at the expansion clubs.

GVGjr
11-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Not including tonight, they have won three games of the last 14

So they are a basket case? Injuries hit them hard last year but the list is too deep and talented in my opinion for them not to figure in finals discussions this year. Many footy experts tipped them to get around 12 wins this season which is just two more than last year.
Sounds reasonable to me.

GVGjr
11-04-2015, 10:32 PM
Th Saints are increasing their lead. Remarkable that the Suns are laying down like this.

Sedat
11-04-2015, 11:17 PM
I was discussing the suns with my dad at half time, he doesnt think they have a hard enough edge and enough older heads.

Interesting thoughts, especially considering tonights game so far.
I agree. They are a very neat, skillful, pretty, outside kind of team. Where are their inside animals? Scott Clayton has not recruited a balanced list - not for the first time either.

GWS list management has been more balanced IMO. And far less reliant on one superstar.

azabob
11-04-2015, 11:25 PM
I agree. They are a very neat, skillful, pretty, outside kind of team. Where are their inside animals? Scott Clayton has not recruited a balanced list - not for the first time either.

GWS list management has been more balanced IMO. And far less reliant on one superstar.

Dad, is that you? He said exactly the same thing about GWS and the experienced players they got have mongrel in them, Mumford, Ward, Patful.

GVGjr
11-04-2015, 11:30 PM

This differs greatly from how the club see's the list and why they believed they needed an experienced coach with finals experience.
I'd be very surprised if they have a 3 year time frame for finals expectations.

bornadog
12-04-2015, 01:14 AM
So they are a basket case? Injuries hit them hard last year but the list is too deep and talented in my opinion for them not to figure in finals discussions this year. Many footy experts tipped them to get around 12 wins this season which is just two more than last year.
Sounds reasonable to me.

No I don't think they are a basket case, I think there is a lot work that needs to be put into the list to gel together.

Mantis
12-04-2015, 06:37 AM
They have the ultimate list but are playing hopelessly outdated football. Let's hope Leon Cameron at GWS is the same. We need bad coaches at the expansion clubs.

Is this the fault of the previous coach or the current one?

I know you're not a fan of Eade, you make that fact known every chance you get ( which is getting a bit old), but surely he needs more than 2 games to stamp his style on the team?

Jaeger O'Meara is a huge loss in this regard.

Testekill
12-04-2015, 10:19 AM
The big thing is that for the second week in a row against a basement dweller the Suns showed no fight until junk-time. That's very concerning and if they played against Hawthorn or Adelaide then we're going to be getting 2011 scores all over again.

Go_Dogs
12-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Went along to the Crows game with a few mates after the Dogs v Tiges yesterday - the Crows are going to be very hard to beat this year and are quickly firming as a top 6, perhaps top 4, side.

After watching 3 games yesterday, I struggled to maintain any interest in the Port game last night, but it appears Sydney are back in great form. Port are not an easy side to beat, particularly at Adelaide.

Going to be interesting to see how Fremantle go against Geelong today, whilst I'm hopeful that Brisbane are able to knock North off (although, suspect North will have a win).

On Gold Coast, I look at their list and think they have some very capable clearance and contested ball players, including Swallow, Prestia, Hallahan, Bennell and albeit still lightly framed, Martin. They also have very good key position stock (although I think Dixon is still out) and solid depth in the ruck department. I didn't see their game, so can't really comment, but I had them a lock for the top 8 this year and would be very surprised if they don't make it - although it seems like they were worse again this week. Will be interesting to see how they, and Eade, respond. Eade was pretty scathing in the media last week and I'm not sure it was the right approach.

bornadog
12-04-2015, 02:27 PM
. Eade was pretty scathing in the media last week and I'm not sure it was the right approach.

I hate that sort of approach, some coaches feel it's a way to spur on players, but I doubt it works in this day and age.

Go_Dogs
12-04-2015, 02:36 PM
I hate that sort of approach, some coaches feel it's a way to spur on players, but I doubt it works in this day and age.

Yep, agreed. Maybe 15 years ago it was common place, but it's no longer appropriate.

Going to be very interesting to see how they respond over the next few weeks.

bornadog
12-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Yep, agreed. Maybe 15 years ago it was common place, but it's no longer appropriate.

Going to be very interesting to see how they respond over the next few weeks.

I said early on in the thread, that GC have only won 3 of the last 15 games. Its great to have the cream of the crop and lots of number one draft picks, but is there a cultural problem at GC. Look at Melbourne and all the number ones they have had over the last 10 years, and arguably a great coach in the past two and still can't get it together.

GWC on the other hand, got Sheedy in and developed a pretty good football culture and the team has really gelled together. They could even do better than GC this year, who knows. It is only round two but Eade has a big task ahead to turn things round from last year/this year.

GVGjr
12-04-2015, 02:57 PM
I said early on in the thread, that GC have only won 3 of the last 15 games. Its great to have the cream of the crop and lots of number one draft picks, but is there a cultural problem at GC. Look at Melbourne and all the number ones they have had over the last 10 years, and arguably a great coach in the past two and still can't get it together.

GWC on the other hand, got Sheedy in and developed a pretty good football culture and the team has really gelled together. They could even do better than GC this year, who knows. It is only round two but Eade has a big task ahead to turn things round from last year/this year.

I guess the difference is that Gold Coast were a relevant side last year and have done well to keep the side together. The addition of Eade was seen as one of the last pieces of the puzzle. Bluey was sacked because they didn't get the target of 12 wins. Expectations within were high and I think they wouldn't have lowered them.
Melbourne on the other hand have clearly been poorly administered for a number of years and set the whole playing list back by tanking games for draft picks. The addition of Paul Roos was to get them back to a relevant level within the competition not necessarily to chart them into the finals.

Two very different scenario's in my opinion. The Sun's should be livid with last nights loss and they shouldn't be happy if the season doesn't get back on track quickly.

ratsmac
12-04-2015, 03:15 PM
We may have 'The Bont' but Freo have Fyfe. They are similar body types (although Fyfe has a few more pre seasons of muscle than Fooch) and if Bont can end up as good Fyfe he will be great. Just watching Fyfe against the cats, he is a freak. He walks out of tackles. Already kicked a couple freakish goals.

Go_Dogs
12-04-2015, 03:18 PM
We may have 'The Bont' but Freo have Fyfe. They are similar body types (although Fyfe has a few more pre seasons of muscle than Fooch) and if Bont can end up as good Fyfe he will be great. Just watching Fyfe against the cats, he is a freak. He walks out of tackles. Already kicked a couple freakish goals.

Yeah, but we have Stringer too :)

Glad to see Fyfe kick a few goals, it's been a bit of a weakness in his game.

GVGjr
12-04-2015, 05:15 PM
Another impressive result by Freo and the Cats have been on the receiving end of two strong losses.

Essendon have again gotten out of the blocks early this time against the Hawks.

Remi Moses
12-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Listening to the game the old freo returned.
Relentless pressure, and if they keep their key players on the park they can win it.
Why would Dangerfield go to Geelong? They're on the slippery slope

Remi Moses
12-04-2015, 05:52 PM
I'll preface this by saying I know it's early doors, but is Rocket being a hot gospeller and in the modern era, not compatible?
They do have quite a few light framed nicely skilled types. Sounds familiar

Maddog37
12-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Few Hawks players look to be believing their own hype to my eyes.

GVGjr
12-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Few Hawks players look to be believing their own hype to my eyes.

Is that underselling Essendon's performance in some way?

Maddog37
12-04-2015, 06:37 PM

More a comment on the shots on goal rather than passing and some of the downhill skiing.

chef
12-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Go bombers, what a cracking win

Sedat
12-04-2015, 06:57 PM
They have been given an artificial boost physically from the rest of the competition for 3 years. They deserve nothing but scorn and ridicule, and the media sycophantic hype machine wants us all to laud this dirty, wretched club as brave? GAGF (not you GVG, the media and that scumbag club)

bulldogtragic
12-04-2015, 07:00 PM
A one second win.

Damn. Hawks will breathe fire next week.

GVGjr
12-04-2015, 07:04 PM
They have been given an artificial boost physically from the rest of the competition for 3 years. They deserve nothing but scorn and ridicule, and the media sycophantic hype machine wants us all to laud this dirty, wretched club as brave? GAGF (not you GVG, the media and that scumbag club)

I hear you. They ran out of puff last week and nearly did again today. Given they didn't play in the NAB Challenge it's an impressive come from behind win against the premiers.

Webby
12-04-2015, 07:22 PM
I hear you. They ran out of puff last week and nearly did again today. Given they didn't play in the NAB Challenge it's an impressive come from behind win against the premiers.

You know, I really don't buy this "underdone, ran out of puff" stuff. I'll grant structures and cohesion, but a lack of fitness - I think not. It's pretty widely acknowledged that teams are at their fittest at the end of pre-season. Fitness levels then plateau by about round 8. "Match fitness" is true of the semi-pro era. Nowadays, "Match structure & team cohesion" is more apt. Essendon didn't look too bad for either against Sydney and Hawthorn.

Essendon were lucky today in that Hawthorn's most important player (Sam Mitchell - no arguments, please) was out, as was their best defender - Josh Gibson. Both All-Australians.

Unluckily for us, they'll be scorned next week and Gibson and Mitchell will come back in.

LostDoggy
12-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Is this the fault of the previous coach or the current one?

I know you're not a fan of Eade, you make that fact known every chance you get ( which is getting a bit old), but surely he needs more than 2 games to stamp his style on the team?

Jaeger O'Meara is a huge loss in this regard.
However, in terms of the Dogs we can say Beveridge has stamped his style in two games and it wasn't Macca?

Another impressive result by Freo and the Cats have been on the receiving end of two strong losses.

Essendon have again gotten out of the blocks early this time against the Hawks.
The Cats will be spooners by the end of the day.

A one second win.

Damn. Hawks will breathe fire next week.

Yeah, I thought the same. But then again, every game is winnable and every team is human.

GVGjr
12-04-2015, 07:59 PM
North have bounced back in a big way. I expected an easy win given they tend to monster out of form teams but not to this level.
These sorts of wins are massive percentage boosters.

Testekill
12-04-2015, 08:21 PM
Don't think that Geelong will care if Smedts is gone for a couple of weeks.

lemmon
12-04-2015, 10:19 PM
Where do we think Essendon's ceiling is? The whole backs to the wall thing looks to have galvinated the group and for better or worse they are committed to Hird. I wonder how long the emotion will last but they are more talented than I gave them credit for. Their back 6 is particularly good. I wonder whether they are a top 4 smokey...

boydogs
12-04-2015, 10:45 PM
Where do we think Essendon's ceiling is? The whole backs to the wall thing looks to have galvinated the group and for better or worse they are committed to Hird. I wonder how long the emotion will last but they are more talented than I gave them credit for. Their back 6 is particularly good. I wonder whether they are a top 4 smokey...

They've had a run and gun gameplan for years under Hird. Tends to get exposed late in games and late in seasons

Sedat
12-04-2015, 11:38 PM
They've had a run and gun gameplan for years under Hird. Tends to get exposed late in games and late in seasons
This. They haven't even won a final in over a decade, and most seasons they run completely out of puff

The Bulldogs Bite
13-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Interesting start to the year.

- Freo look the goods, which most of us had sliding.

- Port are in trouble already. 0-2 and some big games to come. I didn't see this coming, even withstanding their tough draw.

- Geelong have been humiliated by two top four sides. Can they even make the 8?

- Gold Coast have been humiliated by two of the worst sides in recent history. Huge question marks over them, and Clayton's recruiting.

- Adelaide and us big improvers. Unknown as to how much (or for how long).

Mantis
13-04-2015, 07:51 AM
However, in terms of the Dogs we can say Beveridge has stamped his style in two games and it wasn't Macca?

Fair call.. Just think that as we were coming off a solid contested base that we are an easier one to work with.

Just think that it will take Eade a little while to change their style and the fact that they are below full strength hasn't helped his cause.

Sedat
13-04-2015, 11:49 AM

- Port are in trouble already. 0-2 and some big games to come. I didn't see this coming, even withstanding their tough draw.

- Gold Coast have been humiliated by two of the worst sides in recent history. Huge question marks over them, and Clayton's recruiting.

Swans were also written off a little too quickly after their (admittedly) disgraceful GF performance. Their list hasn't gotten any worse over summer - was a very impressive and clinical performance at the Portress on the weekend.

Geelong's era looks as good as finished. It was a magnificent era but the end has come very quickly - nowhere near as much talented youth coming through as was assumed. I think their last hurrah for premiership glory was in the 2013 PF when they were 4 goals up against Hawthorn at 3/4 time.

Bulldog4life
13-04-2015, 01:28 PM

Good summing up TBB. Gold Coast must have been salivating when they initially saw the start of their draw too.

Greystache
13-04-2015, 02:06 PM
Good summing up TBB. Gold Coast must have been salivating when they initially saw the start of their draw too.

It's no coincidence the AFL fixtured GC AND GWS to play Melbourne and St Kilda in the first two rounds. Nothing like a 2-0 start to artificially create excitement over their two plastic franchise projects. Only problem is GC blew their lines by people utterly pathetic against both teams.

LostDoggy
13-04-2015, 04:23 PM

Port could easily be zip and 5 after 5 rounds.

North at etihad, North will be looking for an early scalp and will be tough to beat.

Hawks at AO, Another tough game. Hawks go in as favourites.

Adelaide at AO, Showdown, Adelaide looking very strong early.

Port are a quality side so I would expect them to get atleast 1 win from the next 3.

Remi Moses
13-04-2015, 07:40 PM
Norf are a bit off the top notch sides IMHO.
Adelaide and their game style are a real threat, and Freo keep their key players fit will be hard to topple.
Sydney aren't going anywhere, and Port need to beat Norf . Essendon have a habit of falling of the cliff, and with an experienced list they need to win finals.

Webby
13-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Norf are a bit off the top notch sides IMHO.
Adelaide and their game style are a real threat, and Freo keep their key players fit will be hard to topple.
Sydney aren't going anywhere, and Port need to beat Norf . Essendon have a habit of falling of the cliff, and with an experienced list they need to win finals.

Norf are classic downhill skiers. One way runners. Good at cashing in against inferior teams and bad at stopping the good teams. Pretenders. I'm actually looking forward to playing them.

GVGjr
13-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Norf are classic downhill skiers. One way runners. Good at cashing in against inferior teams and bad at stopping the good teams. Pretenders. I'm actually looking forward to playing them.

They are very good at beating out of form teams convincingly

LostDoggy
13-04-2015, 09:25 PM
Fair call.. Just think that as we were coming off a solid contested base that we are an easier one to work with.

Just think that it will take Eade a little while to change their style and the fact that they are below full strength hasn't helped his cause.

I'll agree with that. We were better prepared by Macca than I think GC have been by Bluey, and that speaks to both of our respective arguments.

I'm happy to lay $1000 on this bloke never getting another AFL gig ever again.

It's no coincidence the AFL fixtured GC AND GWS to play Melbourne and St Kilda in the first two rounds. Nothing like a 2-0 start to artificially create excitement over their two plastic franchise projects. Only problem is GC blew their lines by people utterly pathetic against both teams.
Are you seriously accusing the AFL, the Guardians Of Our Game, of deliberately organising the fixture around a pre-conceived result?

And that's why they're now 0-2, and also why I'm confident we'll play a good game (no matter the result) against the Hawks this week. The comp is far too unpredictable to take any team lightly.

I am actually kinda keen to see Geelong v GC. Both teams are going to want to get a win on the board and their fans off their backs, should be a cracker.

This. This. This. Have been massively over-rated for a long time. They have some great talent, but that's just not enough these days — Shaun Higgins fits in nicely down there and that says it all, really.