PDA

View Full Version : List Management 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

bornadog
29-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Yep, I'd be surprised if Kreuzer ended up with with us.

I think he will stick with Carlton

azabob
29-08-2015, 08:04 AM
The press conference was interesting listening. Beveridge wants to keep Minson and doesn't want to move on any of our players. He wants to keep the list together.

And from what it's worth when i listened to the press conference, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Kreuzer

Mantis
29-08-2015, 09:10 AM
The press conference was interesting listening. Beveridge wants to keep Minson and doesn't want to move on any of our players. He wants to keep the list together.

And from what it's worth when i listened to the press conference, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Kreuzer

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says Will Minson's career at Whitten Oval is secure despite the All Australian ruckman being out of favour for much of the season.

"Every week we consider Will and our ruck situation," Beveridge said.

"All it says is that he's next in line or the one after that at the moment.

"Will's a contracted player into 2016, so he's a required player.

"His long-term future is secure."

---

I call bullshit!

Sedat
29-08-2015, 10:52 AM
Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge says Will Minson's career at Whitten Oval is secure despite the All Australian ruckman being out of favour for much of the season.

"Every week we consider Will and our ruck situation," Beveridge said.

"All it says is that he's next in line or the one after that at the moment.

"Will's a contracted player into 2016, so he's a required player.

"His long-term future is secure."

---

I call bullshit!
That's called trying to convince the rest of the clubs that they'll have to pony up a suitable trade in order to prise him away from the kennel. Not sure if any other club will take the bait.

bulldogtragic
29-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Each week we consider Will. (And mostly dismissing playing him early in the week. True comment)
Will is a contracted player in 2006. (True comment)
Will is a required player. (Because our contract requires us to keep him this year. True comment)
His long term future is secure. (He will get a large salary next year, no matter what club he goes to. True comment)

Dog54
29-08-2015, 12:17 PM
What does everybody think minson is worth ? I would say second round pick or possibly a 1st round pick upgrade. Potential suitors may be the 2 qld teams. Also may he be in Beveridges calculations next year when the sun is abolished?

Dog54
29-08-2015, 12:18 PM
What does everybody think minson is worth ? I would say second round pick or possibly a 1st round pick upgrade. Potential suitors may be the 2 qld teams. Also may he be in Beveridges calculations next year when the sub is abolished?

boydogs
29-08-2015, 12:23 PM
I would say second round pick or possibly a 1st round pick upgrade

Not for a 30 year old who isn't best 22

Doc26
29-08-2015, 12:27 PM
What does everybody think minson is worth ? I would say second round pick or possibly a 1st round pick upgrade. Potential suitors may be the 2 qld teams. Also may he be in Beveridges calculations next year when the sun is abolished?

At the very best it would be maneuvering of deep 4th round picks assuming there was interest.

bulldogtragic
29-08-2015, 01:14 PM
At the very best it would be maneuvering of deep 4th round picks assuming there was interest.

Yep. His high water mark for trading is long gone. 4th round is about right, or an upgrade somewhere higher maybe depending on the gap of picks.

LostDoggy
29-08-2015, 01:20 PM
I reckon he'll be tradeable because there's always a club needing a back up ruck (we traded Hudson at 32YO and he went on to play for 2 further clubs). I reckon we'd get an upgrade of about 10 picks, say Minson and pick 50 for pick 40 or something like that.

LostDoggy
29-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Hope this works. Funny...

http://captiongenerator.com/56679/Macca

Doc26
29-08-2015, 02:58 PM
I reckon he'll be tradeable because there's always a club needing a back up ruck (we traded Hudson at 32YO and he went on to play for 2 further clubs). I reckon we'd get an upgrade of about 10 picks, say Minson and pick 50 for pick 40 or something like that.

Minno was traded for a deep pick 70 to Brisbane. If we managed to get pick 40, being the likely end of the 2nd round after compos, for a pick swap we will have done extremely well. If there is interest, as you've said for coverage, which is feasible, I'd see it being for no better than a 4th round manoeuvre starting in the deep 50s, low 60s.

LostDoggy
29-08-2015, 03:07 PM
But I'm saying pick 40 for Minno AND pick 50, it may be pick 60 for Minno AND 70, or whatever.

I doubt it'd a straight swap, just an upgrading of draft picks of less than 18 (1 round of selections).

Bulldog4life
29-08-2015, 08:01 PM

Surely no one thinks Bevo is going to say who we are interested in and who we are looking to delist at a presser?

azabob
29-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Surely no one thinks Bevo is going to say who we are interested in and who we are looking to delist at a presser?

I know this and you know this, but some posters do not.

bornadog
29-08-2015, 10:21 PM
I know this and you know this, but some posters do not.

I don't believe that is true.

bulldogtragic
30-08-2015, 06:41 PM
Bellchambers re-signed. Leaving Luey & Kruezer as the only ruck free agents.

Remi Moses
30-08-2015, 06:49 PM
I hear these coaches talk, and I believe the opposite

stefoid
30-08-2015, 09:27 PM
Poor old minno.

GVGjr
30-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Poor old minno.

Not sure what you are getting at?

Twodogs
31-08-2015, 12:10 AM

Minson is contracted for next year isn't he?

Twodogs
31-08-2015, 12:10 AM

GVGjr
31-08-2015, 06:28 AM

Sure is.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2015, 08:53 AM

... And then there's Jimmy Two times... (Great movie)

KT31
31-08-2015, 09:03 AM

Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.:D

BulldogBelle
31-08-2015, 09:16 AM
We are pretty lucky to still have him contracted so we can control his value. If he was a free agent he'd already have signed with another club

soupman
31-08-2015, 11:17 AM
We are pretty lucky to still have him contracted so we can control his value. If he was a free agent he'd already have signed with another club

Not sure its going to be that useful. I'd be surprised if we got a pick higher than 25 for him, and because he is contracted we are stuck with him should a trade not eventuate. Not that that is a bad thing, but we are struggling for spare spots on the list.

LostDoggy
31-08-2015, 04:31 PM
For those who haven't heard (FWIW), Kruezer update:

Both Barrett and Maher have reported that Dogs are leading chase for Kruezer.

Maher reckons Dogs have detailed their initial offer to Kruezer's management.

Apparently Kruezer comes from a well-off family and is not particularly motivated by money. Sticking point with Carlton is term of contract, they won't give him 4 years, we will.

General opinion is that he is loyal to Carlton and would prefer to stay, but if club decide they would prefer to get #3 draft pick as compo than retain him, he may be up for leaving.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2015, 04:49 PM
While I trust neither source, I like that.

Greystache
31-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Any word on the money we're talking for Kreuzer?

LostDoggy
31-08-2015, 05:16 PM
A while ago a figure of around $550k was mentioned, but suspect that's highly speculative.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2015, 05:20 PM
A while ago a figure of around $550k was mentioned, but suspect that's highly speculative.

I think it needs to be at least that for it to have good chances of it coming off. 4 years at $550,000 gets them pick 3 as compo. Like Del Santo and Goddard, Carlton could just say we love you but we get great compo and you get a long and lucrative contract.

Minson would have to go at a guess to free up some extra cap space. Even for a nominal trade. At a guess.

LostDoggy
31-08-2015, 05:30 PM
I don't see cap space as a major issue next year at least. We were at 93% this year, even after paying a big chunk of Griffen's wage.

In a year or 2 wages will become major issue, but hopefully new broadcast deal will substantially increase cap.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2015, 05:45 PM
I don't see cap space as a major issue next year at least. We were at 93% this year, even after paying a big chunk of Griffen's wage.

In a year or 2 wages will become major issue, but hopefully new broadcast deal will substantially increase cap.

Boyd goes from $200,000 to about $1,000,000 which more than covers Grphyons wage being freed up. Others like Stringer would be on more which pushes the cap closer than it needs to be, or could rule us out of trading for a high priced recruit. I think we need the room to play with, also the idea of keeping Minson who could be on $550,000 to play at Footscray as our 3rd string ruckman doesn't appeal to me as a sensible move. That salary and cap space could be used better if we get one or more ruckman into the club.

LostDoggy
31-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Certainly agree that Minson on that wage is somebody that should be traded if possible (although we'd probably still need to pay a portion of his wage).

Still think we're ok for a bit extra this year, 7% is a lot of leeway and I think under new rules we can go up to 5% over given previous deficits?

LostDoggy
31-08-2015, 09:14 PM
I reckon Sydney is a good prospective home for Minson, they are light on for ruckmen and are excluded from trading for anyone over $350k for this year or next.

He could tide them over until they can fully re-enter the trade market. Also means a lot of games at SCG where his lack of mobility is less of an issue.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2015, 09:19 PM
I reckon Sydney is a good prospective home for Minson, they are light on for ruckmen and are excluded from trading for anyone over $350k for this year or next.

He could tide them over until they can fully re-enter the trade market. Also means a lot of games at SCG where his lack of mobility is less of an issue.

Interesting call, seems on face value a good home for him. If he's got a contract for $550,000 we'd have to cover the difference of $200,000 which means I'd want something more than a nominal Daniel Cross like trade. Either their pick 40 or a player we want around that value. With a salary cap squeeze and no second ruckman, Sydney might just go for it. Devil in the details though.

LostDoggy
31-08-2015, 09:24 PM
I think we're covering the diff with Will regardless, at least for 1 year. He's got a $550k contract with us and no one is going to offer him that.

bulldogtragic
31-08-2015, 09:28 PM
I miss have having a crowd grown when a play gets a touch with Cooney gone. Having Kruezer would be worth it just for that, kruuuuuuuuuuuezeeee.

kruder
31-08-2015, 10:16 PM
For those who haven't heard (FWIW), Kruezer update:

Both Barrett and Maher have reported that Dogs are leading chase for Kruezer.

Maher reckons Dogs have detailed their initial offer to Kruezer's management.

Apparently Kruezer comes from a well-off family and is not particularly motivated by money. Sticking point with Carlton is term of contract, they won't give him 4 years, we will.

General opinion is that he is loyal to Carlton and would prefer to stay, but if club decide they would prefer to get #3 draft pick as compo than retain him, he may be up for leaving.

I was told the opposite that he is looking for money and that he understands that he is unlikely to be part of a successful side at the Blues. He will be leaving the Blues I reckon.

comrade
31-08-2015, 10:30 PM
I'm undecided if a very good, mobile ruck is a priority, or if we need to bolster our defence.

The only time we really struggle in the ruck is against the absolute elite - so a handful of times a year - but these are the teams we'll be playing at the pointy end.

Really wish at least one of Talia, Roberts & Cordy can stand up as the gun key defender we desperately need.

Ghost Dog
01-09-2015, 12:01 AM
I would love to be a fly on the wall in Bevo's office as he selects the team. Doesn't it make sense to rest the guys who give us the best run and carry?

Dry Rot
01-09-2015, 12:27 AM
Interesting call, seems on face value a good home for him. If he's got a contract for $550,000 we'd have to cover the difference of $200,000 which means I'd want something more than a nominal Daniel Cross like trade. Either their pick 40 or a player we want around that value. With a salary cap squeeze and no second ruckman, Sydney might just go for it. Devil in the details though.

Sydney can't do that - I checked with Swans fans. $350k limit includes any top ups by the previous club.

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 02:26 AM
I'm undecided if a very good, mobile ruck is a priority, or if we need to bolster our defence.

The only time we really struggle in the ruck is against the absolute elite - so a handful of times a year - but these are the teams we'll be playing at the pointy end.

Really wish at least one of Talia, Roberts & Cordy can stand up as the gun key defender we desperately need.

I guess bolstering the Rucks gives us freedom to send Roughy back when team balance requires.

bulldogtragic
01-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Sydney can't do that - I checked with Swans fans. $350k limit includes any top ups by the previous club.

That's DR. Scratch that plan then.

Bulldog Joe
01-09-2015, 08:41 AM
That's DR. Scratch that plan then.

Surely Minson can take a new contract at $350K with the Swans over 2 seasons (or 3) much like Lake did at Hawthorn.

We could also payout his contract shortfall under out cap from 2015.

bulldogtragic
01-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Surely Minson can take a new contract at $350K with the Swans over 2 seasons (or 3) much like Lake did at Hawthorn.

We could also payout his contract shortfall under out cap from 2015.

Hadn't thought of that. That would have to fire up AFL house who are just itching for a reason to strike back after Colless claims about this rule. We'd have to be prepared to annoy the bosses I guess.

azabob
01-09-2015, 08:58 AM
I think the AFL will lift the trade ban.

But secondly why would Sydney want Minson? Tippet and Pyke seem to have found the balance.

Doc26
01-09-2015, 10:00 AM

We just need to get smarter and disciplined (and with age - stronger) around the stoppages as we showed with some improvement last weekend against Goldstein, where we tempered his potential dominance. What is attractive with Kreuzer is he is a very smart footballer around the stoppages, who works very hard for his midfield, which would cause our opposition no end of concern when adding Bont, Libba, Wallis etc to the mix. And aside from his tap work you get to add another elite midfielder type to our stoppages given his style. It would be a super get IF it could be achieved but my gut is telling me he will re-sign with Carlton.

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 12:42 PM
I was told the opposite that he is looking for money and that he understands that he is unlikely to be part of a successful side at the Blues. He will be leaving the Blues I reckon.

Not how I hear it at all. Apparently a year or 2 ago, GWS offered him $400k a year more than Carlton but he stuck. One of the reasons they love him there.

Happy Days
01-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Jack Redden has walked out on Brisbane. There's zero chance he won't end up at Port or Adelaide but what do we think of having a crack? Think we have more pressing needs.

Sedat
01-09-2015, 05:33 PM
Not how I hear it at all. Apparently a year or 2 ago, GWS offered him $400k a year more than Carlton but he stuck. One of the reasons they love him there.
Yep, this. He has already shown massive loyalty to Carlton, and if they can score pick 3 they would have no qualms about him leaving now to go elsewhere.

Templeton31
01-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Anyone think Brisbane seem a bit like us at the end of last year? Lots of rumours and the whole place is about to blow up....

bulldogtragic
01-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Anyone think Brisbane seem a bit like us at the end of last year? Lots of rumours and the whole place is about to blow up....

Time to get in their players ears...

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Yep, this. He has already shown massive loyalty to Carlton, and if they can score pick 3 they would have no qualms about him leaving now to go elsewhere.

Agreed Sedat. Damian Barrett reckons Carlton have put an offer to Kruezer they know he can't accept (main sticking point, years) and that Dogs are leading candidates to get him.

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Time to get in their players ears...

Brisbane are very well stocked for decent young KPDs. Hmmmm...........

bulldogtragic
01-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Jack Redden has walked out on Brisbane. There's zero chance he won't end up at Port or Adelaide but what do we think of having a crack? Think we have more pressing needs.

A conversation never hurts.

bulldogtragic
01-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Brisbane are very well stocked for decent young KPDs. Hmmmm...........

Daniel McStay is BFF with Tom Boyd and have been since young kids. Reunite them I say.

Bulldog4life
01-09-2015, 06:08 PM

It seems to blow up at Bris Vegas at the end of each season.

Hotdog60
01-09-2015, 06:17 PM
one reason I have no problems with interstate teams having their own development. Remove the go home factor.

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Not BFF (forever) surely, he's got so many new best friends to make at the Dogs. :)

But yeah, McStay is a talent. I particularly reckon Clarke and Andrews would be great for our list if the appropriate deal is available.

Also think if Kruezer doesn't work out, planB would be Leuenberger.

bulldogtragic
01-09-2015, 06:23 PM
Not BFF (forever) surely, he's got so many new best friends to make at the Dogs. )

But yeah, McStay is a talent. I particularly reckon Clarke and Andrews would be great for our list if the appropriate deal is available.

Also think if Kruezer doesn't work out, planB would be Leuenberger.

Minson and pick 18 for Merrett and Rich/McStay??
Luey as a FA.

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 06:27 PM
Not fussed on Merrett too slow for us.

Rich would be a real weapon with us.

Surely we'll have pick 19 or 20 after FA compo picks :)

bulldogtragic
01-09-2015, 06:31 PM
Not fussed on Merrett too slow for us.

Rich would be a real weapon with us.

Surely we'll have pick 19 or 20 after FA compo picks :)

I reckon. Minson for Merrett as a straight swap if they pay Minno wage.

Rich would be some sort of player playing around Libba, Stevens, Smith, Wally feeding him the hard ball gets. Opposite wing to Macrae. I hope Rich is upset at Brisbane.

TheHunter7
01-09-2015, 07:15 PM
With Redden requesting a trade any chances the dogs would be interested, along with Leuy or Martin?

LostDoggy
01-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Our list managers mantra is trade for specific needs, draft for quality.

Redden is a good player but not sure we have specific need for him.

The only case I could make for him is to ultimately be a potential replacement for Murphy/Boyd in a year or 2. Mostly a midfielder now, but could evolve into that type.

As a 24YO 100 gamer he would be a good addition to our list profile.

Don't think his type is high on our priority list though.

comrade
01-09-2015, 07:49 PM
I don't mind Sam Mayes from Brisbane. Probably hasn't fulfilled his potential but could well thrive under a coach like Bev.

Remi Moses
01-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Agreed Sedat. Damian Barrett reckons Carlton have put an offer to Kruezer they know he can't accept (main sticking point, years) and that Dogs are leading candidates to get him.

Bit of an ambient claim I reckon.
Carlton would be nuts not to try and get a pick 3 for him.
He'll be in his slippers and smoking his pipe by the time they're decent

Rocket Science
01-09-2015, 09:39 PM
It seems to blow up at Bris Vegas at the end of each season.

You know things are crook when even the mascot's had a gutful.

http://m.lions.com.au/news/2015-08-28/farewell-bernie-on-the-gabba-

Twodogs
01-09-2015, 10:28 PM
Eight ex rookie listers in one team must be a record. I think we played all eight three weeks ago against Melbourne.

Ghost Dog
02-09-2015, 01:41 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but why is Will Minson being kept out of our current side? If lack of mobility is an issue then surely he won't want to be playing in the VFL next season, no matter what Bevo says. Am I alone in doubting he will be with us next season?

comrade
02-09-2015, 06:34 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but why is Will Minson being kept out of our current side? If lack of mobility is an issue then surely he won't want to be playing in the VFL next season, no matter what Bevo says. Am I alone in doubting he will be with us next season?

No, it seems to be the consensus that he'll be looking for a new home next year.

Go_Dogs
02-09-2015, 07:16 AM
I don't mind Sam Mayes from Brisbane. Probably hasn't fulfilled his potential but could well thrive under a coach like Bev.

He'd be a good fit for us, as you say hasn't reached his potential. I'd say he's be more likely to stay at Brisbane and another who'd favour Adelaide if he did want out.

Eze Dog
02-09-2015, 12:13 PM
The Bulldogs recruiting manager Simon Dalrymple is on the record as saying they're on the hunt for versatile ruck/forward. That player may arrive in the form of Carlton's Matthew Kreuzer as a restricted free agent. The key defensive stocks could also do with some reinforcement and the Dogs have been linked to Jake Carlisle, a player who would cost them at least their first draft pick. The Dogs look set to add a sixth father/son recruit with Northern Knights midfielder Darcy MacPherson likely to land at the Whitten Oval for a late pick. A young, developing ruckman wouldn't go astray either. - Ryan Davidson

First selection: Pick 11-19

Cal Twomey says: The Dogs have spoken about chasing a forward/ruckman, so 200cm Gippsland Power goalkicker Harry McKay would be a frontrunner if he is still on the board at the club's selection. If he's not, his identical twin brother Ben won't be selected too far behind and he kicked four goals on the weekend. None of the pure rucks are good enough to be first-round picks, so although that area of the list needs some depth they won't find it early at November's draft.

whythelongface
02-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Should we look at Stevie J?...we have an awesome forward line already but certainly could add some value and experience. Sure not what we need but hey if he is on the market and the price is right.....

GVGjr
03-09-2015, 06:00 AM

Will has a contract for next season so I actually think he will still be with us in 2016. I'd be surprised that other teams would see him as a viable option for one season.

The Doctor
03-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Will has a contract for next season so I actually think he will still be with us in 2016. I'd be surprised that other teams would see him as a viable option for one season.

Someone will definately pick up Will if we are willing to release him. He would still have 2-3 years in him. clubs like Swans, Lions, Cats, Blues, Bombers could all use an experienced ruckman, maybe others. What we could get for him is arguable and I would suspect it would be a gracious trade in respect of his long service to us (ie late round pick).

The Doctor
03-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Should we look at Stevie J?...we have an awesome forward line already but certainly could add some value and experience. Sure not what we need but hey if he is on the market and the price is right.....

Macca's not here anymore.

I would pass. love him as a player but we have quite a few mid sized forwards already. We have other areas of priority.

bulldogtragic
03-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Macca's not here anymore.

I would pass. love him as a player but we have quite a few mid sized forwards already. We have other areas of priority.

My only interest would be if we can't secure a genuine CHF type as I'm not sure about Boyd and Redpath. Boyd and Johnson for a year or two if we recruit a talented tall forward. Imagine Stringer on one side of the forward line and Johnson on the other. It would be a highlight real from game to game. But that is if he comes as a free agent on limited cash as a cherry on the top type trade rather than a prolonged battle for his services. As you say our efforts must be elsewhere.

bornadog
03-09-2015, 09:13 AM
My only interest would be if we can't secure a genuine CHF type as I'm not sure about Boyd and Redpath. Boyd and Johnson for a year or two if we recruit a talented tall forward. Imagine Stringer on one side of the forward line and Johnson on the other. It would be a highlight real from game to game. But that is if he comes as a free agent on limited cash as a cherry on the top type trade rather than a prolonged battle for his services. As you say our efforts must be elsewhere.

Johnson is finished, he is slow, his mind tells him to do some trick, but his body won't respond.

A BIG NO from me.

Mantis
03-09-2015, 09:26 AM

How would Johnson go playing the 'men of mayhem' way?

Ghost Dog
03-09-2015, 10:08 AM

Men of Mayhem is built on speed, and maybe this is why Luke likes to throw in youngsters at the sharp end of the season. Johnson is too slow now.

Twodogs
03-09-2015, 11:28 AM
I think we have a few younger and better options to play Johnson's role. Let him go to Carlton for his retirement. Or Richmond. Or North. They are in the premiership window according to their supporters on the weekend. Bless.

Sedat
03-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Yep, I like our forward line being a furnace of pressure and repeat forward 50 entries and Johnson will not add to that at all - he will take away from this great strength of ours. We have enough pure attacking talent up there already.

LostDoggy
03-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Agreed on Johnson. Would only be to play Tory's role, and SJ wouldn't come here to play VFL.

If Tory isn't available, SJ only takes opportunity from a Webb or a Pearce. List clogger for us.

Great player though still with a year to offer. Someone will give him a shot, I reckon Richmond wouldn't be a bad fit.

The Doctor
05-09-2015, 01:42 PM
"Kreuzer has knocked back offers from the Blues and likely to leave"

Mark Robinson on SEN

LostDoggy
05-09-2015, 01:44 PM
"Kreuzer has knocked back offers from the Blues and likely to leave"

Mark Robinson on SEN

Apparently Carlton are only offering him 2 yrs, he wants 4.

Rocco Jones
05-09-2015, 01:45 PM
I think Stevie J could offer something to a few contenders but not for us. I still think he would be in our top 10-12 players individual talent wise but our system is about team pressure/defense. Having one just not buy into that means a break in our chain, his opponent becomes an easy out for the opposition.

ReLoad
05-09-2015, 05:57 PM
Ruckman, its all about a ruckman.

If a line has been pout through big Wil - which it seems it has then we need an option all we are doing is destroying other players by playing serious minutes int he ruck.

Stefan Martin is a MUST.

GVGjr
05-09-2015, 06:01 PM

If a line has been pout through big Wil - which it seems it has then we need an option all we are doing is destroying other players by playing serious minutes int he ruck.

Stefan Martin is a MUST.

Martin will be staying at the Lions. Leuenberger just hasn't got the form to inspire me especially with the money being mentioned.
Perhaps Bevo will demand Tom Boyd gets very fit and use him more as the first ruck.

The Underdog
05-09-2015, 06:14 PM

Stefan Martin is a MUST.

Think Kreuzer is a better option for the long term.

Sedat
06-09-2015, 12:08 PM
Kreuz would be a fantastic get for us if he passes a medical. So versatile, a natural footballer and a competitive animal. He may not win every hitout but he will be on his hands and knees fighting to win it out as soon as the ruck stoppage has been competed. He is a ruckman and inside mid rolled into one, and a very handy key forward just to throw into the bargain.

The great irony in yesterday is that it virtually compels Carlton to let him go, hope like hell he lands them Band 1 compo, and then load up with picks 1 and 2 in the ND (as well as pick 1 in the PSD to try and lure Treloar or Carlisle with). That win by Brisbane may hurt them significantly in the long run - potentially pick 1 down to pick 3 (and possibly losing Schache in the process).

azabob
06-09-2015, 12:18 PM
Kreuz would be a fantastic get for us if he passes a medical. So versatile, a natural footballer and a competitive animal. He may not win every hitout but he will be on his hands and knees fighting to win it out as soon as the ruck stoppage has been competed. He is a ruckman and inside mid rolled into one, and a very handy key forward just to throw into the bargain.

The great irony in yesterday is that it virtually compels Carlton to let him go, hope like hell he lands them Band 1 compo, and then load up with picks 1 and 2 in the ND (as well as pick 1 in the PSD to try and lure Treloar or Carlisle with). That win by Brisbane may hurt them significantly in the long run - potentially pick 1 down to pick 3 (and possibly losing Schache in the process).

But the win in the short term may help player retention.

Dry Rot
06-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Went to the SCG last night. Suns were weakened by injuries, but I wouldn't want any of them except for May. May was excellent.

Dixon is a big girl. Useless. Lynch unimpressive, but to be fair the delivery he got was shithouse.

comrade
06-09-2015, 06:45 PM
Went to the SCG last night. Suns were weakened by injuries, but I wouldn't want any of them except for May. May was excellent.

Dixon is a big girl. Useless. Lynch unimpressive, but to be fair the delivery he got was shithouse.

You'd throw the sink at May.

Mantis
07-09-2015, 07:01 AM
You'd throw the sink at May.

I would think that perhaps as many as 20-30 players will be available (at the right price) from GC.. May won't be one of them...unless of course he wants out.

Mofra
07-09-2015, 08:45 AM
I would think that perhaps as many as 20-30 players will be available (at the right price) from GC.. May won't be one of them...unless of course he wants out.
Earlier in the year we were supposedly asking questions about Henry Schade - haven't heard anything for months about that proposal though

comrade
07-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Bennell surely done as a Sun after another indiscretion. Value at its lowest point.

I'd have a crack.

Bulldog Joe
07-09-2015, 01:30 PM
Bennell surely done as a Sun after another indiscretion. Value at its lowest point.

I'd have a crack.

I think he is damaged goods. We don't need him.

Greystache
07-09-2015, 02:01 PM

I'd have a crack.

Nice player but doesn't seem to think he has a problem. I doubt he's even close to rock bottom yet.

No thanks.

comrade
07-09-2015, 03:23 PM
I think he is damaged goods. We don't need him.

As a person, maybe.

As a player, he would walk into our midfield.

Bulldog Joe
07-09-2015, 03:30 PM
As a person, maybe.

As a player, he would walk into our midfield.

He brings too much risk. The wrong person can infect the whole team.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2015, 03:33 PM

I'd have a crack.

Second the motion. Price only of down grading our pick 12-18 to GCS 20 and Ayce Cordy.

bornadog
07-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Second the motion. Price only of down grading our pick 12-18 to GCS 20 and Ayce Cordy.

I would also take him. Flicking a cigarette out of the hands of a bouncer is not the end of the world.

Mantis
07-09-2015, 03:44 PM

That deal won't cut the mustard... In fact it's laughable.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2015, 03:59 PM
That deal won't cut the mustard... In fact it's laughable.

Perhaps and perhaps.

His value just dropped though, and if they lose talls/rucks then perhaps we could offer someone up. The rumour mill does have a Qld team offering Ayce a three year deal which is why I mentioned his name. I like the player HB, but serious question marks about his application makes me reluctant to offer something big.

LostDoggy
07-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Bennell will take a 1st rounder, even now. He has so many weapons, clubs will be taking a chance on him.

All of his transgressions seem to happen post season. Last year it was the coke with Karmichael immediately after the season and those photos of him with the speed were Oct/Nov as well from memory.

I don't have a strong opinion on his suitability for us, at his best he is the perfect addition to our midfield (big bodied, explosive, great runner, good ball user, goalkicker), but will cost a packet and could damage culture.

I suspect he'll be more valuable to others and we won't be serious competitors for him. If we have 1 big spend this trade period, surely it'll be on a ruckman or a kpd.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2015, 04:06 PM
Is there any more on Treloar?

LostDoggy
07-09-2015, 04:09 PM
Is there any more on Treloar?

From what I've seen speculated, Rich and Coll (and maybe StK) are in something of a bidding war and stupid amounts are being offered to him. Really doubt we're players there.

Mantis
07-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Perhaps and perhaps.

His value just dropped though, and if they lose talls/rucks then perhaps we could offer someone up. The rumour mill does have a Qld team offering Ayce a three year deal which is why I mentioned his name. I like the player HB, but serious question marks about his application makes me reluctant to offer something big.

Ayce won't be at the GC next year.. They are over-stocked in the big man department already and will be looking to get rid of some, and not add more.

With the word already coming out that GC that they are after 22-27 year old talent I would think we would need to offer someone like Wallis to get the deal done.

Mantis
07-09-2015, 04:33 PM
I don't have a strong opinion on his suitability for us, at his best he is the perfect addition to our midfield (big bodied, explosive, great runner, good ball user, goalkicker), but will cost a packet and could damage culture.

I suspect he'll be more valuable to others and we won't be serious competitors for him. If we have 1 big spend this trade period, surely it'll be on a ruckman or a kpd.

I see things differently and believe a player like Bennell is our main priority.. We desperately need to add some more pace and class around the ball.

Eze Dog
07-09-2015, 04:34 PM
From what I've seen speculated, Rich and Coll (and maybe StK) are in something of a bidding war and stupid amounts are being offered to him. Really doubt we're players there.

I have a source that suggests Collingwood has him wrapped up and a deal is inevitable.

bornadog
07-09-2015, 04:40 PM
I have a source that suggests Collingwood has him wrapped up and a deal is inevitable.

I think he prefers to go to Collingwood.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Ayce won't be at the GC next year.. They are over-stocked in the big man department already and will be looking to get rid of some, and not add more.

With the word already coming out that GC that they are after 22-27 year old talent I would think we would need to offer someone like Wallis to get the deal done.

Wallis wouldn't even be considered by us would be my guess. I wonder if Hrovat was put up whether that would generate any interest?

Mantis
07-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Wallis wouldn't even be considered by us would be my guess. I wonder if Hrovat was put up whether that would generate any interest?

Hrovat + ?

For all his troubles off the ground Bennell is an A-grader with the potential to be elite, Hrovat for all intents & purposes is a VFL player.

LostDoggy
07-09-2015, 04:52 PM
I see things differently and believe a player like Bennell is our main priority.. We desperately need to add some more pace and class around the ball.

Fair enough, you can never have too many midfielders.

However, with Bont, Macrae, Hunter, Stevens, MacLean, Grant, Stringer, Dahl, as well as the quality inside-mids and JJ, Wood and Bob coming off half back, I don't see our pace and class position as being one of desperate need.

bornadog
07-09-2015, 04:58 PM

However, with Bont, Macrae, Hunter, Stevens, MacLean, Grant, Stringer, Dahl, as well as the quality inside-mids and JJ, Wood and Bob coming off half back, I don't see our pace and class position as being one of desperate need.

Libba??

Dancin' Douggy
07-09-2015, 05:07 PM
Bennell would be an awesome get. I would LOVE to have him.

Hotdog60
07-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Libba??

Smith

anfo27
07-09-2015, 05:45 PM
Hear Kreuzer has failed a medical with us already.

Happy Days
07-09-2015, 05:56 PM

Source?

anfo27
07-09-2015, 05:59 PM
Source?

http://www.zerohanger.com/kreuzer-fails-medical-at-the-bulldogs-1903/#Hd0KSeFK0up2jLwL.97

bulldogtragic
07-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Being fit and in form and consistent, I'm curious to know the alleged grounds for failing any medical.

LostDoggy
07-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Gee that's big news.

Bevo was obviously telling porkies when he said that Kruezer's name had not come up and that our powder was very dry, unless we escalated things dramatically in a very short period.

LostDoggy
07-09-2015, 06:32 PM
Libba??

I would put him in the group of quality inside-mids rather than a pace/class style player.

LostDoggy
07-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Smith

And him (and Wallis and Picken)

GVGjr
07-09-2015, 06:45 PM

You got that off the 'I heard it from a good source' rumour file.

If it was true, then we have broken a few rules and will go a row for it.

Remi Moses
07-09-2015, 06:52 PM
No to Benell, clubs are massive on culture.
Gee Gold Coast would have been $1.01 to muck up on mad Monday

azabob
07-09-2015, 07:00 PM
I would also take him. Flicking a cigarette out of the hands of a bouncer is not the end of the world.

What about his other problems?

Clearly there is more to his problems than meet the eye. Otherwise the Suns wouldn't be trading him mid contract.

I think our group is still too young and in-experienced to handle potential problem child's.

GVGjr
07-09-2015, 07:09 PM

No doubt he is a very talented player but it poses a few questions around why would GCS send him packing and in the process devalue his worth and why we think our culture could be one he thrives in?

We've come a long way in the last few years and yet are still not quite where we would like to be so we would need to be mighty certain that we have the right environment to make the most of his talents.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2015, 07:52 PM
Rocket on afl 360 sounded really disappointed that Bennell was going, he was really flat about it. I guess you'd expect Rocket to say it but he did say this will be the thing that gets his head screwed on right, just not at the GCS. His value is down, so I wonder where his market value lies?

chef
07-09-2015, 08:01 PM
Even after what hes done hes still worth a first round pick.

Greystache
07-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Rocket on afl 360 sounded really disappointed that Bennell was going, he was really flat about it. I guess you'd expect Rocket to say it but he did say this will be the thing that gets his head screwed on right, just not at the GCS. His value is down, so I wonder where his market value lies?

It was a pretty flimsy attempt to make it sound like he'll be a different player now they've taken the step of delisting him. Pfft, if a club is going to take a risk with him it would need to be on terms that favour the club taking the chance.

I could really only see a club like Richmond or Collingwood, who don't give a shot about culture if it means a savior, who would take him on.

comrade
07-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Kreuzer and Bennell plus a few mid-late draft nuggets and we're done!

bulldogtragic
07-09-2015, 08:27 PM
It was a pretty flimsy attempt to make it sound like he'll be a different player now they've taken the step of delisting him. Pfft, if a club is going to take a risk with him it would need to be on terms that favour the club taking the chance.

I could really only see a club like Richmond or Collingwood, who don't give a shot about culture if it means a savior, who would take him on.

Bucks just said no on 360. Richmond then?

Mantis
07-09-2015, 08:28 PM

Being a (maybe) harsh devil's advocate:

Bont - class
Macrae- not quick, not a great kick
Hunter - looks likely, but isn't quick
Stevens - very much an inside player
McLean - likely type, not sure he is quick
Grant - quick, but doesn't get a lot of it, especially against quality opposition
Dahl -inside player, not a great kick
Stringer - gun, but as a forward

LostDoggy
07-09-2015, 08:30 PM

I saw a report listing Hawthorn & St Kilda amongst those interested.

Bulldog Joe
07-09-2015, 08:32 PM

I seriously doubt he is worth that. What of the risk?

If Hawthorn with all the alleged family values couldn't save Dayle Garlett, why should us (or any club) pay a high price for damaged goods.

I know it would be a huge coup for a club to get him on the right path, but it would appear you would also need to employ a full time caretaker for Bennell.

bulldogtragic
07-09-2015, 08:34 PM
I saw a report listing Hawthorn & St Kilda amongst those interested.

Thinking about it more, if a low 20's pick got him. High second round. We could trade down for a player we want, and then on trade that. For illustration purposes: Our first rounder to Carlton for pick 21 and Yarran. Then 21 for Bennell. .???.

Mantis
07-09-2015, 08:37 PM

I think he's worth a pick inside 10 and probably a set of steak knives too.

Greystache
07-09-2015, 08:37 PM

And perhaps Essendon

LostDoggy
07-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Being a (maybe) harsh devil's advocate:

Bont - class
Macrae- not quick, not a great kick
Hunter - looks likely, but isn't quick
Stevens - very much an inside player
McLean - likely type, not sure he is quick
Grant - quick, but doesn't get a lot of it, especially against quality opposition
Dahl -inside player, not a great kick
Stringer - gun, but as a forward

Fair call overall. Just to elaborate, I wasn't listing all of the above as complete pace/class players, just saying that collectively our outside midfield group is solid enough.

I would not be averse to getting a pacy/classy midfielder by any means. For mine, though, it is not as glaring a need as a high quality ruckman or KPD.

comrade
07-09-2015, 08:44 PM
Have GC lost leverage by openly putting him on the market? Yeah, they may ignite a bidding war but more likely, teams will be wary of pursuing a player that a club will willingly sack - which is effectively what they have done.

LostDoggy
07-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Thinking about it more, if a low 20's pick got him. High second round. We could trade down for a player we want, and then on trade that. For illustration purposes: Our first rounder to Carlton for pick 21 and Yarran. Then 21 for Bennell. .???.

GCS have plenty of kids but struggle for leadership. Maybe 2 or 3 experienced players will be more attractive than a draft pick?

Mantis
07-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Fair call overall. Just to elaborate, I wasn't listing all of the above as complete pace/class players, just saying that collectively our outside midfield group is solid enough.

But it could be elite.. and it could be our point of difference.

Add Libba + a quick/ classy mid and it makes us dangerous.

I would not be averse to getting a pacy/classy midfielder by any means. For mine, though, it is not as glaring a need as a high quality ruckman or KPD.

It will be interesting to see how important these spots are to Bevo & co. when the silly season begins.

GVGjr
07-09-2015, 08:51 PM

Call me a skeptic but Rockets comments that this will be the thing that finally gets Bennell focused is more likely to be about not devaluing his worth any further.
On face value, Bennell's last misdemeanor should not have warranted him being moved on so there could very well be a bit more that hasn't made it into the media.

Someone will roll the dice with Bennell and the Suns will get a swag of early picks again in the draft with he and Dixon departing and perhaps they will look to recruit some proven talent. Perhaps Clayton and his team will place a bit more emphasis on the proven 'good young man' approach.

LostDoggy
07-09-2015, 09:37 PM
Its being reported that GWS' Phillips is going to Carlton. Given he's a Ruckman, that would add weight to Kruezer leaving.

I really hope the medical report on Kruezer is not right (doesn't really add up). As a RFA, he'd be a great get for free.

whythelongface
07-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Would love to have a player of Bennell's (football) calibre at the club, however would be reluctant to trade for Bennell himself, based on his previous misdemeanours. Being from WA he may wish to be traded back home - Freo could do with some outside pace.

comrade
07-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Worst thing Bennell could do is go back to WA.

LostDoggy
08-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Whispers going around that Port are open to Hamish Hartlett being traded. Apparently they need to move 1 quality player for cap reasons.

The sort of big bodied, hard running mid that could fit very nicely into our team?

The Bulldogs Bite
08-09-2015, 11:22 PM
Whispers going around that Port are open to Hamish Hartlett being traded. Apparently they need to move 1 quality player for cap reasons.

The sort of big bodied, hard running mid that could fit very nicely into our team?

Strongly doubt that to be the case. Sounds like a BF whisper.

jeemak
08-09-2015, 11:43 PM
What about his other problems?

Clearly there is more to his problems than meet the eye. Otherwise the Suns wouldn't be trading him mid contract.

I think our group is still too young and in-experienced to handle potential problem child's.

Az, I think you might have some antiquated views on what our group is used to and what they get up to.

Bennell wouldn't be too far from the worst some in our group has displayed within the last two years or so. If you said he's stupid for getting caught I'd agree.

jeemak
08-09-2015, 11:51 PM
Call me a skeptic but Rockets comments that this will be the thing that finally gets Bennell focused is more likely to be about not devaluing his worth any further.
On face value, Bennell's last misdemeanor should not have warranted him being moved on so there could very well be a bit more that hasn't made it into the media.

Someone will roll the dice with Bennell and the Suns will get a swag of early picks again in the draft with he and Dixon departing and perhaps they will look to recruit some proven talent. Perhaps Clayton and his team will place a bit more emphasis on the proven 'good young man' approach.

That's just plain McCartneyism mate!

Jokes aside, it's clear Eade is forcefully exiting everyone that's up for trade at GCS right now. His hand was forced with Bennell, but no more than it was forced to keep him in the first place in light of the club he's representing being AFL backed and needing to present itself as a destination club for hot talent.

Eade has a prick of a job right now. He has to clean up a culture that wasn't even a culture in the first place, with a group of young dickheads that have been told it's OK to be a dickhead as long you you can play footy all their lives.

By the time he gets that part of the job done in a year or so, he'll be in the gun with the media asking whether he can actually coach any more. Tough gig.

LostDoggy
08-09-2015, 11:56 PM
Strongly doubt that to be the case. Sounds like a BF whisper.

Yeah, I was just chatting with someone who threw Hartlett up as a name they had read on twitter was gettable. No idea of the credibility of the source. Just chucking it in as a highly speculative name I have heard bandied about.

chef
09-09-2015, 09:32 AM
My ever reliable Carlton source just told me Kruze did have a fitness test at the kennel on Monday. No word if he passed or failed though.

Ozza
09-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Eade has a prick of a job right now. He has to clean up a culture that wasn't even a culture in the first place, with a group of young dickheads that have been told it's OK to be a dickhead as long you you can play footy all their lives.

By the time he gets that part of the job done in a year or so, he'll be in the gun with the media asking whether he can actually coach any more. Tough gig.

Do you think Eade has the people management skills to be able to lead turning the culture around, and coach the club at the same time? I'm not necessarily saying that he doesn't - but interested in people's thoughts.

As you say....its a tough gig.

bornadog
09-09-2015, 09:55 AM
Melksham of Essendon has a two year deal on the table but is considering leaving. Any interest?

Greystache
09-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Melksham of Essendon has a two year deal on the table but is considering leaving. Any interest?

*!*!*!*! no. How the hell did he get a 2 year offer? He should sign immediately before he gets charged with impersonating a footballer.

bulldogtragic
09-09-2015, 10:02 AM
*!*!*!*! no. How the hell did he get a 2 year offer? He should sign immediately before he gets charged with impersonating a footballer.

Sam Power Mk2. Pass as well.

ledge
09-09-2015, 10:10 AM
He gets a two year contract because Essendon are desperate to keep some players and not look like the basket case it is.

Greystache
09-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Sam Power Mk2. Pass as well.

He's like a more physical and arrogant version of Sam with less talent.

bornadog
09-09-2015, 10:27 AM

Cheers, I know nothing about him.

Mofra
09-09-2015, 10:33 AM
It will be interesting to see how important these spots are to Bevo & co. when the silly season begins.
Dalrymple in an interview about a month ago was quite open about us chasing a ruck/forward - he also said it's the hardest spot on an AFL list to fill.
looking across the league I'd agree, although I think we have a pretty good one in Boyd developing into the role (I'd prefer he spend most time forward).

Doc26
09-09-2015, 10:41 AM
The Age had commented in an article written last night by Jake Niall, Emma Quayle and Larissa Nicholson that:

Collingwood is interested in Kreuzer, a free agent, but Fairfax Media has confirmed that the Western Bulldogs are not pursuing him.

and

The Western Bulldogs are not believed to be in the race for Carlisle, but North Melbourne coach Brad Scott has said his club has some interest in him.

LostDoggy
09-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Sounds like our LM guys are active in the market for talls but keep running into dead ends. Reading between the lines of the various media reports, it seems like we were into Carlisle but dropped out because his head's not right and were into Kruezer but dropped out because his body's not right.

If this is accurate, it's good that our due diligence is thorough enough to avoid costly mitakes. I wonder who else is on our radar?

Doc26
09-09-2015, 11:02 AM

Just reading the headline to this on AFL.com

Fresh start for Melksham?

Dons midfielder offered new deal but considering his options

The most bemusing part of this was that they went with "options" as if it was a plural.

The Underdog
09-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Just reading the headline to this on AFL.com

The most bemusing part of this was that they went with "options" as if it was a plural.

1. Continuing to be a shit footballer
2. Retirement

There you go, options.

bulldogtragic
09-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Someone called Callan Ward has a Facebook post saying 'if I don't win the brown low I will be back at the kennel next year'.

150 shares/likes. Amusing.

ratsmac
09-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Someone called Callan Ward has a Facebook post saying 'if I don't win the brown low I will be back at the kennel next year'.

I'd take him back for 1. he's a gun (but we knew that) and 2. it would really piss GWS off.

Twodogs
09-09-2015, 07:24 PM

Sounds like somebody's mad Monday has stretched until Wednesday.

comrade
09-09-2015, 07:25 PM

It's the real Callan Ward, and seems he's been the victim of a post Mad Monday Facebook hijacking.

Sorry, Cal. Can't fit you in our midfield anymore.

LostDoggy
09-09-2015, 07:26 PM
SEN reporting Kruezer has failed medical at Pies as well.

comrade
09-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Surprised Brad Scott is looking for someone younger than 30.

1eyedog
09-09-2015, 07:29 PM
It's the real Callan Ward, and seems he's been the victim of a post Mad Monday Facebook hijacking.

Sorry, Cal. Can't fit you in our midfield anymore.

Yes we can!

chef
09-09-2015, 07:43 PM

No thanks, had your chance but you stitched us.

ledge
09-09-2015, 07:45 PM
It says he was hacked, pretty obvious he was, but very funny.
On Kruezer looks like Carlton will keep Him because no one else will touch him, poor guy injuries have done him no favours.

bornadog
09-09-2015, 11:00 PM

I thought I read on twitter that he hasn't had a medical at any club. Pretty sure his manager was saying that.

LostDoggy
10-09-2015, 12:05 AM
I thought I read on twitter that he hasn't had a medical at any club. Pretty sure his manager was saying that.

It was David Schwartz who said he failed the test at Pies.

Either he's got bad mail or the manager is telling porkies to protect his client.

Either way I wouldn't be surprised.

Remi Moses
10-09-2015, 02:22 AM
Are we looking at Lobbe at Port?

Go_Dogs
10-09-2015, 07:24 AM

With Dixon heading that way, Lobbe could be a good option.

The Underdog
10-09-2015, 08:20 AM

If he's available we should be.

S Coast Simon
10-09-2015, 08:59 AM
I would like us to be looking a Zak Smith from GC. Any thoughts on how we see him improving if he came to us. Young and very talented and ready to fire in my opinion.

Greystache
10-09-2015, 09:21 AM

Is he what Bevo would want? Looks like a younger and marginally better version of Minson. If Port really rated him they wouldn't have recruited two senior ruckmen in the past two seasons.

Webby
10-09-2015, 09:47 AM
I tend to think Stefan Martin put in a prerty damn good rehearsal on Saturday..

G-Mo77
10-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Is he what Bevo would want? Looks like a younger and marginally better version of Minson. If Port really rated him they wouldn't have recruited two senior ruckmen in the past two seasons.

Spot on there Grey. Don't think he'd come cheap either so I'll pass.

Could we pry away some of West Coasts ruck stocks? I think Lycett signed a new deal not sure about Sinclair. They fall into the Ruck/Fwd category we've hinted about trying to find. What are those guys contract status?

Jesse White will be available. :D

The Pie Man
10-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I tend to think Stefan Martin put in a prerty damn good rehearsal on Saturday..

He'd be terrific - but even if it got down to a trade request, you suspect that'd be one hard deal to close

dog town
10-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Jaegar O'Meara is apparently keen to play in Melbourne according to a couple of articles on Twitter. I'm with Mantis we need an explosive mid to add to the mix. Would we struggle to fit him in the cap due to the Boyd deal?

LostDoggy
10-09-2015, 03:41 PM
Jaegar O'Meara is apparently keen to play in Melbourne according to a couple of articles on Twitter. I'm with Mantis we need an explosive mid to add to the mix. Would we struggle to fit him in the cap due to the Boyd deal?

Medical will be a big issue, his soundness is a major concern,as well as price.

Dancin' Douggy
10-09-2015, 03:44 PM
I agree we need one more explosive, big, strong, fast goal kicking midfielder.
It's hard to believe Bennell and O'Meara may both be on the market. I'd certainly try to do the math on both of them.

bornadog
10-09-2015, 03:53 PM
I agree we need one more explosive, big, strong, fast goal kicking midfielder.
It's hard to believe Bennell and O'Meara may both be on the market. I'd certainly try to do the math on both of them.

Dangerfield

BulldogBelle
10-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Dangerfield

We are not that much further down the road.;)

LostDoggy
10-09-2015, 04:42 PM
One guy who would be a lot cheaper is Trent MacKenzie.

He is contracted, but Gold Coast are going to be very active in the trade market and he has been speculated as one player with currency who they would consider tradeable.

No idea if we are interested, but he is a Williamstown boy who fits the profile, decent size, line breaking winger/flanker type and a booming kick.

He is not a complete player but is the type who would improve markedly in a good team and could certainly play a role for us.

bornadog
10-09-2015, 04:52 PM

Ox has apologised for mis-information. No Medical has been completed on Kruezer.

G-Mo77
10-09-2015, 04:56 PM
Ox has apologised for mis-information. No Medical has been completed on Kruezer.

Good on him! How many other BS stories are ran through radio because someone heard something from a friend of a brother of a player on Twitter/Facebook. None of those "reporters" would apologise for believing something a 12 year old made up.

Greg Denham is already throwing a lot of hail marys. Wonder if he'll apologise for getting 90% of them wrong like he does every other year.

LostDoggy
10-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Good on him! How many other BS stories are ran through radio because someone heard something from a friend of a brother of a player on Twitter/Facebook. None of those "reporters" would apologise for believing something a 12 year old made up.

Greg Denham is already throwing a lot of hail marys. Wonder if he'll apologise for getting 90% of them wrong like he does every other year.

It is sad. Proper journalists hear a rumour and go about verifying it from another source before going public with it. In the current environment, with so many outlets and such an urgency for fresh info, these standards are thrown out the window and all manner of whispers are thrown into the public arena.

All we can do is make a little note of which journos/experts tend to get it right and who to treat warily. This one is a black mark to Ox.

Hard to know what the truth is with us and Kruezer. Looking more likely we are still right in there?

Bulldog4life
10-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Its being reported that GWS' Phillips is going to Carlton. Given he's a Ruckman, that would add weight to Kruezer leaving.

I really hope the medical report on Kruezer is not right (doesn't really add up). As a RFA, he'd be a great get for free.

Sam Landsberger tweeted he hasn't failed a medical with us or Collingwood

ledge
10-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Sam Landsberger tweeted he hasn't failed a medical with us or Collingwood

So is that saying he had a medical with us or he didn't have one at all?

chef
10-09-2015, 08:06 PM
According to a fellow Carlton player he did on Monday.

Doc26
10-09-2015, 08:23 PM
According to a fellow Carlton player he did on Monday.

Chef, was there any word on his medical report ?

Bulldog4life
10-09-2015, 08:24 PM

Sam Landsberger ‏@SamLandsberger 9h9 hours ago
Not sure how Matthew Kreuzer has failed two medicals he hasn't had. Yet to be assessed by any club.

https://twitter.com/SamLandsberger?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr %5Eauthor

chef
10-09-2015, 08:42 PM
Chef, was there any word on his medical report ?
Nah, all i could get was that he did one.

My source is s Carlton players brother in law, so he's pretty reliable.

Bulldog Revolution
10-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Seems an unusual time to do a medical on Kreuzer the day after his final game of the year

My money would be that it didnt happen as reported

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Heard something about Jamar either beng delisted or wanting out of the Dee's.
Any taker's?

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 07:04 PM
Heard something about Jamar either beng delisted or wanting out of the Dee's.
Any taker's?

Too old I reckon - 32 ??

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 07:05 PM
If we're gonna take an old fella from the D's, let's make it Crossy !!

LostDoggy
11-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Too old I reckon - 32 ??

Fair call.
Didn't realise he was that old.

bulldogtragic
12-09-2015, 10:21 PM
I guess this is the area of attention now. I wonder if we will cut quickly with both teams bundled out today?

whythelongface
12-09-2015, 10:26 PM
What do you think will happen to Grant BT? Think he may be traded.

bulldogtragic
12-09-2015, 10:31 PM
What do you think will happen to Grant BT? Think he may be traded.

I hope not. I think it's been a very good first year in the new role. I hope he takes the alleged two year contract from us and stays. There's still more upside and I can't see being offered a great trade. Bevos interview on fox had Bevo talking about the need for flexibility in his team. Tonight he tackled, spoiled in def 50, was involved in chains through the middle and got 3 shots all while running his guts out and sticking in the structures. That's a handy player to have on your list.

whythelongface
12-09-2015, 10:47 PM
I hope not. I think it's been a very good first year in the new role. I hope he takes the alleged two year contract from us and stays. There's still more upside and I can't see being offered a great trade. Bevos interview on fox had Bevo talking about the need for flexibility in his team. Tonight he tackled, spoiled in def 50, was involved in chains through the middle and got 3 shots all while running his guts out and sticking in the structures. That's a handy player to have on your list.

No doubt some great attributes and would love him to stay, as I rate him, but not sure if he would be a required player moving forward.

The Bulldogs Bite
12-09-2015, 11:35 PM

Grant has struggled in every final and big game he's played in. I'd rather we put games into some younger talent next season. I know you're a fan BT, but his skill execution in these big games is atrocious - both in field and for goal. A couple of OK tackles doesn't cut it, and if I'm being critical I thought a few of his efforts were ordinary and not desperate enough.

He's handy depth if he stays, that's it.

bulldogtragic
12-09-2015, 11:50 PM
Grant has struggled in every final and big game he's played in. I'd rather we put games into some younger talent next season. I know you're a fan BT, but his skill execution in these big games is atrocious - both in field and for goal. A couple of OK tackles doesn't cut it, and if I'm being critical I thought a few of his efforts were ordinary and not desperate enough.

He's handy depth if he stays, that's it.

Overly harsh, but I don't think anyone will change minds on him as he seems to polarise. But for the record tonight he had 15 touches, 6 marks (3 x i50), rebounds and spoils and i50s, 4 tackles inc. a holding the ball to a key goal, and 1.2 goals and probably 15+ kms running and ranked our 9th best player (7th on Adelaides numbers) isn't by my view a player who struggled tonight.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2015, 12:15 AM
Overly harsh, but I don't think anyone will change minds on him as he seems to polarise. But for the record tonight he had 15 touches, 6 marks (3 x i50), rebounds and spoils and i50s, 4 tackles inc. a holding the ball to a key goal, and 1.2 goals and probably 15+ kms running and ranked our 9th best player (7th on Adelaides numbers) isn't by my view a player who struggled tonight.

He has improved his ability to get to contests and stay involved in a game, but under pressure in big games he routinely fails to deliver on the scoreboard and is prone to a couple of howlers in field. 4-5 good things per game from him isn't good enough and we need the likes of McLean to overtake him as soon as possible.

hujsh
13-09-2015, 02:13 AM
If he took his chances it'd be much easier to get behind Grant. That kick to Lachie ruined a certain goal too

Ghost Dog
13-09-2015, 02:21 AM

Wish he would kick the ball properly. Never have faith in his set shots, ever.

Remi Moses
13-09-2015, 02:32 AM
He's been guilty to often for a senior player of missing gettable goals

FrediKanoute
13-09-2015, 03:25 AM

Its easy to point to the 2 goals he missed. Yes they hurt, but Crameri kicked 2 goals 5 behinds and didn't contribute anywhere neare the aove 1%'s. The Bont missed 2 very, very, very kickable goals and whilst he had an impact elsewhere, his misses hurt equally.

Grant has attributes that make hime relatively unique. He is tall, quick, long arms and a good mark. Kicking is average, but he runs to the right spots and gets inolved. was by far not our worst tonight.

bulldogtragic
13-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Its easy to point to the 2 goals he missed. Yes they hurt, but Crameri kicked 2 goals 5 behinds and didn't contribute anywhere neare the aove 1%'s. The Bont missed 2 very, very, very kickable goals and whilst he had an impact elsewhere, his misses hurt equally.

Grant has attributes that make hime relatively unique. He is tall, quick, long arms and a good mark. Kicking is average, but he runs to the right spots and gets inolved. was by far not our worst tonight.

Couldn't agree more. All I've read is two miss shots, nothing about a 55 long range set shot goal to spark us back into the game. The different rankings had him our 9th best, and on points equal to Adealides 7th best.

bornadog
13-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Couldn't agree more. All I've read is two miss shots, nothing about a 55 long range set shot goal to spark us back into the game. The different rankings had him our 9th best, and on points equal to Adealides 7th best.

I thought he played ok last night and looked dangerous on a few occasions. With Grant it is not the spectacular things he does, it is the little things and the gut running, something he never use to do because he wasn't required to do so.

GVGjr
13-09-2015, 09:27 AM
Collingwood not as interested in Krezuer as originally reported. Do we make a strong offer?

jazzadogs
13-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Also reported that the Saints are into Nathan Freeman from pies, number 10 pick from Stringers year, lots of hamstring issues. Not a priority but worth a look.

kruder
13-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Also reported that the Saints are into Nathan Freeman from pies, number 10 pick from Stringers year, lots of hamstring issues. Not a priority but worth a look.

Poor decision maker and can't kick a footy. Not sure why he went 10 in the draft to be honest his floors were evident from day one.

FrediKanoute
13-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Collingwood not as interested in Krezuer as originally reported. Do we make a strong offer?

We make an offer. With Kruez its less the $$$$$$ more the length of time.

ledge
13-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Wouldn't touch him is my thoughts , injury prone , slow not sure if he can even ruck better than big Will anyway.

The Bulldogs Bite
13-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Wouldn't touch him is my thoughts , injury prone , slow not sure if he can even ruck better than big Will anyway.

Injury prone perhaps, but slow? I don't think we're talking about the same player.

Sedat
13-09-2015, 09:47 PM
His medical is the big if, but if the body is sound I would make a huge play for Kreuz. With rotations coming back down to 90, rucks simply need to be dangerous elsewhere and Kreuz is one of the most natural forwards of the traditional ruckmen. And he is such a competitive animal. I'm a huge fan.

bulldogtragic
14-09-2015, 07:35 AM
This might sound Bizarre, but what if we don't play a first ruckman?

If Roughy is a defender, if, and Kruezer and Redpth/Boyd are forwards. Then Roughy rucks defence 50 and gets his man covered by team defence. Forward is either the two. Mid ground we third man up. For centre bounces and general run around we use a ruckman to give the individual a break or rotation from all three of their fwd/back role. So no one really plays the first ruck per se, but we have guys who are good enough to pinch time in ruck each quarter if need be. Is not playing a dedicated ruck man crazy enough to interest Bevo?

soupman
14-09-2015, 07:48 AM
It's crazy enough for Bevo, but I highly doubt we go into the season with that as our plan a.

lemmon
14-09-2015, 07:52 AM
His medical is the big if, but if the body is sound I would make a huge play for Kreuz. With rotations coming back down to 90, rucks simply need to be dangerous elsewhere and Kreuz is one of the most natural forwards of the traditional ruckmen. And he is such a competitive animal. I'm a huge fan.

I think of all the free agents he has the most potential to do a 'Higgins' and turn his career around. Former high draft pick, injury prone and coming into his prime, if he gets on the park he's one of the top half a dozen rucks in the competition

Ghost Dog
14-09-2015, 08:24 AM
Krezuer, as injury prone as he is, no thanks. Big men need to be durable.

lemmon
14-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Any interest in Nathan Freeman, his manager is probably pumping up his price but apparently the Saints are into him (according the the AFL website)

G-Mo77
14-09-2015, 09:15 AM
Any interest in Nathan Freeman, his manager is probably pumping up his price but apparently the Saints are into him (according the the AFL website)

Can he kick? Everyone says how quick he is but don't know much about his disposal.

lemmon
14-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Can he kick? Everyone says how quick he is but don't know much about his disposal.

All I know about the bloke is he was drafted high and compared to Dangerfield in terms of his athletic qualities...apart from that I don't know him from a bar of soap

LostDoggy
14-09-2015, 08:06 PM
3AW reporting Collingwood out of race for Kruezer.

chef
14-09-2015, 08:11 PM
Who's in the race?

LostDoggy
14-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Changes constantly, but last I heard, it's down to us or Richmond, or he stays at Carlton.

Apparently, Colls interest centred on Witts being traded to GWS as part of Treloar deal, but that's not going to happen.

bulldogtragic
14-09-2015, 08:52 PM
Changes constantly, but last I heard, it's down to us or Richmond, or he stays at Carlton.

Apparently, Colls interest centred on Witts being traded to GWS as part of Treloar deal, but that's not going to happen.

I don't get Richmond going after another ruck. Griffiths, Vickery, Mr Gale and Maric. Kruezer on big money makes little sense in bang for buck and retaining their guns and keeping the list together. As for MK, he can first ruck in a gun young team, or fighting for a spot week to week.

LostDoggy
14-09-2015, 09:03 PM
I don't get Richmond going after another ruck. Griffiths, Vickery, Mr Gale and Maric. Kruezer on big money makes little sense in bang for buck and retaining their guns and keeping the list together. As for MK, he can first ruck in a gun young team, or fighting for a spot week to week.

I think they view Maric as the only genuine 1st Ruck, his output was a little down this year and looking slower. Griffiths/Vickery more forward/ruck and Hampson not as flash on the field as he is with the ladies. If Tiges got MK, big Ivan would be very nervous.

Also Rich have cash. Threw plenty at Treloar but missed, probably Motlop as well.

bulldogtragic
14-09-2015, 09:32 PM
I think they view Maric as the only genuine 1st Ruck, his output was a little down this year and looking slower. Griffiths/Vickery more forward/ruck and Hampson not as flash on the field as he is with the ladies. If Tiges got MK, big Ivan would be very nervous.

Also Rich have cash. Threw plenty at Treloar but missed, probably Motlop as well.

I understand that part, but surely $600,000+ or so to a Motlop/Treloar offers far more value to their weaknesses, than that cash at MK. The percentage increase to their on field team with MK is up, but surely there's more benefit in different players. It's like dream team making, loading up big bucks on another ruckman doesn't seem a balanced use of cap. I'd think they'd go hard at a Yarran and another player around $350,000 - $400,000. I'd be horrified if I was a Richmond member.

LostDoggy
14-09-2015, 09:48 PM
I understand that part, but surely $600,000+ or so to a Motlop/Treloar offers far more value to their weaknesses, than that cash at MK. The percentage increase to their on field team with MK is up, but surely there's more benefit in different players. It's like dream team making, loading up big bucks on another ruckman doesn't seem a balanced use of cap. I'd think they'd go hard at a Yarran and another player around $350,000 - $400,000. I'd be horrified if I was a Richmond member.

Tend to agree. Who knows what they have offered or whether they are serious contenders.

Ozza
14-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Grant's manager has indicated that it looks unlikely that Jarrad will be offered a contract with us- and therefore likely to leave.

bulldogtragic
14-09-2015, 11:03 PM
Grant's manager has indicated that it looks unlikely that Jarrad will be offered a contract with us- and therefore likely to leave.

What? How does a player who plays about 20 games including a final not get a contract?

Also he's an unrestricted free agent meaning no trade. If we land a big free agent that means we get no compo for Grant as an incoming FA rules out incoming potential compo. So we get precisely nothing for not signing Grant. Makes no sense.

Ozza
14-09-2015, 11:08 PM
Will be interesting to see how it pans out. Bevo has stated that he'd love to keep all of the group together if he could- but 3 have to go. Agree on the surface that it is surprising for a player to play so many and then not get a contract - but I don't have a passionate stance on his position on next years list.

LostDoggy
14-09-2015, 11:12 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trades-2015-harley-bennell-jarrad-grant-and-jed-lamb-consider-their-options-20150914-gjmfs1.html

bulldogtragic
14-09-2015, 11:13 PM
Will be interesting to see how it pans out. Bevo has stated that he'd love to keep all of the group together if he could- but 3 have to go. Agree on the surface that it is surprising for a player to play so many and then not get a contract - but I don't have a passionate stance on his position on next years list.

Grant is better than Fuller, Darley and Ayce at a minimum. At a minimum.

FrediKanoute
14-09-2015, 11:14 PM

I think this is dumb. You have a guy who is just starting to fulfil his potential and you junk him now? Arguably he has played his best season

Ozza
14-09-2015, 11:15 PM
Grant is better than Fuller, Darley and Ayce at a minimum. At a minimum.

And none of these have a spot on the list next year, at this stage, either.

bornadog
14-09-2015, 11:17 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trades-2015-harley-bennell-jarrad-grant-and-jed-lamb-consider-their-options-20150914-gjmfs1.html

If true, it's absolute rubbish by the club.:mad:

LostDoggy
14-09-2015, 11:17 PM
What? How does a player who plays about 20 games including a final not get a contract?

Also he's an unrestricted free agent meaning no trade. If we land a big free agent that means we get no compo for Grant as an incoming FA rules out incoming potential compo. So we get precisely nothing for not signing Grant. Makes no sense.

What will that compensation be though? I'd be suprised if we got any compensation if Grant was to leave to be honest. He's not likely to get anymore than 2 years. Although Jones got 3 years at 400k so I guess it's possible..