Sat, May 16 Carlton vs GWS Giants Etihad Stadium 4.35pm 4.35pm Foxtel

Sat, May 16 Sydney vs Geelong ANZ Stadium 7.20pm 7.20pm Seven

Sat, May 16 West Coast vs Gold Coast Domain Stadium 5.40pm 7.40pm Foxtel

Sun, May 17 Western Bulldogs vs Fremantle Etihad Stadium 1.10pm 1.10pm Foxtel

Sun, May 17 Richmond vs Collingwood MCG 3.20pm 3.20pm Seven

Sun, May 17 Brisbane vs Port Adelaide The Gabba 4.40pm 4.40pm Foxtel

Remi Moses
15-05-2015, 11:55 PM
Saw the first three terms and the player that's impressed me the most is Lachie Hansen.
Very good reader of the player, and something I didn't know.
Goldstein is the best big man in the compATM.
Norf look a bottom part of the eight side to me, and the Bombers look just outside the eight.

bornadog
15-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Higgins kicked the sealer.

Remi Moses
16-05-2015, 12:03 AM

Let's see whether Shaun performs in the big games.
Didn't see much of him in the Hawthorn game

comrade
16-05-2015, 12:06 AM

Clutch goal.

Also took a nice hanger earlier in the game.

Looks fit.

chef
16-05-2015, 09:12 AM
Clutch goal.

Looks fit.

Averaging a couple of goals a game too.

G-Mo77
16-05-2015, 09:18 AM

He plays for the Kangaroos now according to Bruce. :D

Ghost Dog
16-05-2015, 09:21 AM

Maybe makes up for the other easy ones he missed. Jarrad Waite was reported. How surprising.

Go_Dogs
16-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Where does everyone see North finishing the year?

They're very much one of those almost sides to me, and despite a good blend of experience and talent across the key posts and around the ground, I just feel they lack some big game performers and players with high hurt factor.

Essendon must just about be cooked for the year. Despite all that has gone on, and no doubt there is some responsibility they must take, I do feel for their players. Waking up and going to work every day would be a huge chore at the moment - it's not a good place to be.

bornadog
16-05-2015, 10:50 AM
Where does everyone see North finishing the year?

They're very much one of those almost sides to me, and despite a good blend of experience and talent across the key posts and around the ground, I just feel they lack some big game performers and players with high hurt factor.

Essendon must just about be cooked for the year. Despite all that has gone on, and no doubt there is some responsibility they must take, I do feel for their players. Waking up and going to work every day would be a huge chore at the moment - it's not a good place to be.

Essendons biggest issue is they can't kick goals. They seem to get the ball into the 50 but just can't hold it in.
As for North, hard to say where they will end up but for me they are not too 4

LostDoggy
16-05-2015, 11:00 AM
North did not impress me one bit last night. When Essendon put pressure on they went to water.

Put Chapman, Cooney, Zaharakis and Carisle in that side and take out some ridiculous umpiring and the result would have been different.

Ziebel was really impressive and looks like he's taken the next step. The worry with him is staying out on the park.

Heppell is a gun but made some really costly errors by foot last night.

Ghost Dog
16-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Go_Dogs, a very good question. They have some great players, but could win or lose to anyone in the comp. Never know if to tip them or not. Think they will be 5th or 6th. With such tall players, they have great inside 50 marking power, that's for sure.

Methods to combat Lindsay Thomas? You almost need to start at the hips, or feign a tackle to make him dive, then go for the real one.
He's just burrowing his head into the tackler's arm to make it look like a free.

Some very poor umpiring decisions.

G-Mo77
16-05-2015, 04:20 PM
Lets not look at the scores of the game between Hawks/Dees but how good as Tom McDonald been for Melbourne? They'd be down by a heck of a lot more without him.

azabob
16-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Funny how things happen.

Today Saints have been hit hard by injuries. Montagna replaced before the game, Riewoldt and Lonie both injured and unable to return.

G-Mo77
16-05-2015, 04:23 PM
3 concussions already in that game. Smith from Adelaide done for the day.

G-Mo77
16-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Bruce a mans man today, had 5 when I left. Roberts' job last week was really underrated.

bornadog
16-05-2015, 06:03 PM
How would you like to be a Melbourne supporter.

chef
16-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Better than a Carlton supporter;)

LostDoggy
16-05-2015, 06:38 PM
Clutch goal.

Looks fit.

Stuff Higgins.

Greystache
16-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Carlton are as bad as any team I've seen in recent times. Just horrendous.

Ghost Dog
16-05-2015, 07:14 PM
Melbourne are pretty bad. I'm so glad I'm not a Dees fan.

G-Mo77
16-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Hawks beat us by 70. Admittedly there were a few less key Hawks today but I wouldn't go and write a win in ink gor next weeks game yet.

The Underdog
16-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Hawks beat us by 70. Admittedly there were a few less key Hawks today but I wouldn't go and write a win in ink gor next weeks game yet.

I think we learnt last week that we can't take any game for granted

ledge
16-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Carlton have nothing, are atrocious and getting worse and worse, Jeremy Cameron having a ball in the 3rd

Remi Moses
16-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Melbourne have recruited in Roos's tenure to spike up the table and to be honest they look only slightly better than 2 years ago.
Sydney put the cue in the rack last week, but Hawthorn didn't .

Remi Moses
16-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Caaaaaarlton !!! No jones no Caaaaarlton

The Underdog
16-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Melbourne have recruited in Roos's tenure to spike up the table and to be honest they look only slightly better than 2 years ago.
Sydney put the cue in the rack last week, but Hawthorn didn't .

Having Hogan, Petracca, Brayshaw, Tyson and McDonald puts them a mile ahead of someone like Carlton though. They've brought in a few older heads but they've had strong early picks and trades.

GVGjr
16-05-2015, 07:36 PM

We will know next round

comrade
16-05-2015, 07:46 PM

How good is it?!!!

bulldogtragic
16-05-2015, 09:01 PM

24 tackles to 3/4 time. That's not shit skills (which they have too), that's zero application or effort to do anything at a base level.

Greystache
16-05-2015, 09:53 PM
24 tackles to 3/4 time. That's not shit skills (which they have too), that's zero application or effort to do anything at a base level.

They can't attack but won't defend, you have to wonder what their players are trying to achieve other than fly under the radar enough to get a game next week.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2015, 10:03 PM
They can't attack but won't defend, you have to wonder what their players are trying to achieve other than fly under the radar enough to get a game next week.

Yep. Jones must have been screaming at the TV and wondering why he was dropped with a season average of 1 goal and 7 touches. That's more output than most I saw for half a game I saw today.

Yarran had a screw loose, if we had mid season trades like the NRL Henderson would be gone already, Thomas needs a trade on less money or have a shocking legacy of his talent. And their kids must be wondering why they can't get a game as I reckon they'd have outperformed the side today. I don't know how they've turned a Jaksch into boiled lollies either. Plus, If Judd, Hendo and/or Thomas all leave Theyll have to go free agent shopping just to pay the minimum of the cap.

azabob
16-05-2015, 10:34 PM
BT, did Jaksch show much at GWS? To me he has never looked anything but a third forward or defender.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2015, 10:36 PM
BT, did Jaksch show much at GWS? To me he has never looked anything but a third forward or defender.

Enough to be involved in a first round trade off. The player I've seen limitedly this season doesn't look worthy of downgrading a very high pick.

bulldogtragic
16-05-2015, 10:37 PM
GCS look like under 10's. Over 100 points down at 3/4 time.

Time to raid them.

GVGjr
16-05-2015, 10:38 PM
How bad are the GC Suns? Did they study at the French college of capitulation over the summer?

FrediKanoute
16-05-2015, 10:47 PM
Rocket in trouble methinks.....

The Underdog
16-05-2015, 10:49 PM
How bad are the GC Suns? Did they study at the French college of capitulation over the summer?

Guy McKenna must be the living embodiment of schadenfreude right now. Rocket must be questioning some life choices.

The Cats have fallen apart in the 2nd half.

GVGjr
16-05-2015, 11:19 PM
The Blues really do lack some goal kicking power. They really need the likes of an Eddie Betts, Jeff Garlett, Jarrad Waite and a Josh Kennedy. Players like that don't come easily though.

GVGjr
16-05-2015, 11:24 PM
Guy McKenna must be the living embodiment of schadenfreude right now. Rocket must be questioning some life choices.

Rocket won't be getting the blame and it will be focused on McKenna's development of players. Really it should be Clayton under the microscope.

azabob
16-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Rocket won't be getting the blame and it will be focused on McKenna's development of players. Really it should be Clayton under the microscope.

Surely it also comes down to standards? On field, on the training track, in society . The whole program from Malcolm Blight down Is too blame.

The biggest question is how did the AFL let it get to this?

GVGjr
16-05-2015, 11:33 PM
Surely it also comes down to standards? On field, on the training track, in society . The whole program from Malcolm Blight down Is too blame.

The biggest question is how did the AFL let it get to this?

12 months ago they looked great and finals this year should have been a given. You seem to be suggesting the AFL should micro manage the club which they shouldn't need to.

azabob
16-05-2015, 11:44 PM
12 months ago they looked great and finals this year should have been a given. You seem to be suggesting the AFL should micro manage the club which they shouldn't need to.

You have suggested that Scott Clayton is to be blamed for on field performance?

How much and the afl kicked in? Surely if the Gold Coast are so important to the competition, shouldn't they be keeping a very close eye on them?
From what I have heard the way players were behaving off field should have been a cause for concern.

westdog54
16-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Carlton, Brisbane and Gold Coast seem to be in a race to see who can be the most insipid this year. Melbourne are barely firing a shot either.

GWS have overtaken all 4 of them.

GVGjr
16-05-2015, 11:57 PM
You have suggested that Scott Clayton is to be blamed for on field performance?

How much and the afl kicked in? Surely if the Gold Coast are so important to the competition, shouldn't they be keeping a very close eye on them?
From what I have heard the way players were behaving off field should have been a cause for concern.

In response to the question on Eade. I'd be having a good hard look at Clayton performance though and don't mind the idea of Blight and co having to explain why the are where they currently are..

At what point would you be happy to have the AFL step back and hand it over to the club to run because no matter what they do they are damned by some?

If they were 6 and 1 there would be people saying they have been given too much assistance and now because the Suns have flopped they haven't done enough.

The Underdog
16-05-2015, 11:58 PM

McKenna had them on the brink of finals and with a fit Ablett they may have got there, Eade was brought in to finish that off. Now they're a rabble. I'd suggest the media narrative will turn to Eade pretty quickly, but yes Clayton has *!*!*!*!ed this up massively. GWS have nailed it and he's made a mess of it (although Ablett & O'Meara's injury troubles don't help)

Remi Moses
17-05-2015, 12:05 AM
Look at the type of player GC have recruited ?
Far to many flighty types, whereas GWS have drafted in hard tough ball hunters .

GVGjr
17-05-2015, 12:06 AM
McKenna had them on the brink of finals and with a fit Ablett they may have got there, Eade was brought in to finish that off. Now they're a rabble. I'd suggest the media narrative will turn to Eade pretty quickly, but yes Clayton has *!*!*!*!ed this up massively. GWS have nailed it and he's made a mess of it (although Ablett & O'Meara's injury troubles don't help)

McKenna should have never been sacked. Eade won't get any of the blame though as he can write this year off on the 'failings' of the previous coach. The media will give Eade another 12 months unless something about his coaching style not measuring up becomes evident. At the moment the media won't look much deeper than injuries and some of the players acting like millionaires.

Ghost Dog
17-05-2015, 12:09 AM
Brendan ' Potty Mouth ' Goddard's PR department just took a massive hit.

GVGjr
17-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Brendan ' Potty Mouth ' Goddard's PR department just took a massive hit.

What happened?

bornadog
17-05-2015, 12:51 AM

Suns had 20 fit players available during the week at training. Have you seen their injury list.

Greystache
17-05-2015, 01:36 AM
McKenna should have never been sacked. Eade won't get any of the blame though as he can write this year off on the 'failings' of the previous coach. The media will give Eade another 12 months unless something about his coaching style not measuring up becomes evident. At the moment the media won't look much deeper than injuries and some of the players acting like millionaires.

I could only imagine the response if it had been Brendan McCartney that took over GC and led them to where they are now. This thread would be 2000 pages.

Sedat
17-05-2015, 01:56 AM
I could only imagine the response if it had been Brendan McCartney that took over GC and led them to where they are now. This thread would be 2000 pages.
Not true at all. BMac had a horrendous 1st year at the helm with us on the park, and by and large we cut him acres of slack. We were as woefully non-competitive in 2012 as GC have been in 2015 to date.

Twodogs
17-05-2015, 02:08 AM
The Riewoldt injury looked bad. What's the betting he misses three or four weeks and comes back against us?

Greystache
17-05-2015, 02:10 AM
Not true at all. BMac had a horrendous 1st year at the helm with us on the park, and by and large we cut him acres of slack. We were as woefully non-competitive in 2012 as GC have been in 2015 to date.

I meant if he were coaching GC right now, the focus certainly wouldn't be on Clayton, Blight, or Mckenna's faIlings.

Let's not forget McCartney also took over a badly declining team that had also lost Ward, Hall, and Morris and who had only won 7 of their first 20 games before we brought in a new coach. We actually won 4 of our first 8 as context. GC will be lucky to win that many this season.

Mantis
17-05-2015, 12:26 PM

The playing list would look a lot different if McKenna was still at the helm.

Topdog
17-05-2015, 01:11 PM
I meant if he were coaching GC right now, the focus certainly wouldn't be on Clayton, Blight, or Mckenna's faIlings.

Let's not forget McCartney also took over a badly declining team that had also lost Ward, Hall, and Morris and who had only won 7 of their first 20 games before we brought in a new coach. We actually won 4 of our first 8 as context. GC will be lucky to win that many this season.

Why do you believe this? B-Mac was given a fair run and a lot were disappointed when he was sacked.

bornadog
17-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Take a look at the injury list, it's unbelievable

GVGjr
17-05-2015, 01:26 PM
The playing list would look a lot different if McKenna was still at the helm.
You know thats not what I'm implying but to be clear, based on his results, McKenna was very stiff to be moved on.
The fact that he was moved on gives the next coach plenty of breathing space especially with an injury list.

Mantis
17-05-2015, 09:45 PM
2 weeks ago Brisbane were a laughing stock.. Today they pantsed the pre-season premiership favorites.

Funny game is football.

Remi Moses
17-05-2015, 09:53 PM

Gee wiz Sedat big difference with our list in serious decline and GC's vast array of riches .
McCartney gets called out a lot with our supporter base, but he inherited a crap old team on the slippery slope

EasternWest
17-05-2015, 11:13 PM
The Blues really do lack some goal kicking power. They really need the likes of an Eddie Betts, Jeff Garlett, Jarrad Waite and a Josh Kennedy. Players like that don't come easily though.

Well played.

Remi Moses
18-05-2015, 01:17 AM
Bris Vegas have turned the corner, and where are Port at?
No easy games in this comp

jeemak
18-05-2015, 01:32 AM

The only thing about footy that is true enough or certain, is that failure is never down to one person's shortcomings. Plenty of people are happy to take credit for the good stuff, but when the bad stuff comes to light, it's every man for themselves.

The Bulldogs Bite
18-05-2015, 03:21 AM
Port are in a bit of trouble. Hard to see them making top 4, they aren't running out games well and have dropped two bad games to WCE/Bris.

LostDoggy
18-05-2015, 08:19 AM
My nephew is one. He is twelve years old and bleeds red and blue. I'm bringing him along to the game next week, just watching him display his passion and pride in a team that's given him so little is kind of heartwarming. He has character coming out the ears. He reminds me of a young BornAScragger at the Whitten Oval in some of our lean years.

Having Hogan, Petracca, Brayshaw, Tyson and McDonald puts them a mile ahead of someone like Carlton though. They've brought in a few older heads but they've had strong early picks and trades.

Melbourne are improving, the main issue really is how far they've had to come back. I would look at Roos’ main role as merely pointing them in the right direction, because it will take ten years to turn that place around.

westdog54
18-05-2015, 09:09 AM
My nephew is one. He is twelve years old and bleeds red and blue. I'm bringing him along to the game next week, just watching him display his passion and pride in a team that's given him so little is kind of heartwarming. He has character coming out the ears. He reminds me of a young BornAScragger at the Whitten Oval in some of our lean years.

Melbourne are improving, the main issue really is how far they've had to come back. I would look at Roos’ main role as merely pointing them in the right direction, because it will take ten years to turn that place around.

Yep, agreed. They've sown the seeds in the last couple of years but it will take time for the team to develop. There will still be some cultural work that needs to be done but I think that they ahve the right people in place for the first time in years.

Sedat
18-05-2015, 12:55 PM
Port are in a bit of trouble. Hard to see them making top 4, they aren't running out games well and have dropped two bad games to WCE/Bris.
Salient lesson for us in the next couple of years. Port are a young and talented team that have seen nothing but blue skies in their first 18 months under Hinkley. Now they have only won something like 7 of their last 21 competitive matches - you can't just rock up and expect magic to happen, the hard work needs to be done and the game plan needs to be constantly refined and improved upon.

1eyedog
18-05-2015, 02:00 PM
Salient lesson for us in the next couple of years. Port are a young and talented team that have seen nothing but blue skies in their first 18 months under Hinkley. Now they have only won something like 7 of their last 21 competitive matches - you can't just rock up and expect magic to happen, the hard work needs to be done and the game plan needs to be constantly refined and improved upon.

Yeah agreed and I think this is where the contested ball apprenticeship under Macca will stand us in good stead when the honeymoon wears off. You can play like superheros for a year or two using fast ball movement with precise skills, but sooner or later the opposition will break it down and if you don't have a trade to fall back on you get touched up. This is what is going on at Port at the moment and losing Kane Cornes is not going to help them in the slightest.

Remi Moses
19-05-2015, 02:34 PM

Big warning for teams like us, and it's been forgotten that since halfway they've been ordinary .
Really should have been knocked over by Freo last year

Remi Moses
19-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Yeah agreed and I think this is where the contested ball apprenticeship under Macca will stand us in good stead when the honeymoon wears off. You can play like superheros for a year or two using fast ball movement with precise skills, but sooner or later the opposition will break it down and if you don't have a trade to fall back on you get touched up. This is what is going on at Port at the moment and losing Kane Cornes is not going to help them in the slightest.

We've got a more contested style than they have.
That's what McCartney did get right, and I know he cops his whacks on here, but that stands up in big games

1eyedog
22-05-2015, 10:02 PM
We've got a more contested style than they have.
That's what McCartney did get right, and I know he cops his whacks on here, but that stands up in big games

That's what I was saying...wasn't I?